• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rank 14 Time investment

Question for these logs.. How did the vael highscore happen? Horde furies pulling that dps without overaggroing smells like bugged boss (tauntable?) or bugged logs, simply because of threat reasons. Also, people dont use realmplayers here? :(.

realmplayers isnt as accurate as kronos logs because twinstar and kronos themself track the data with pure accuracy with one single exception, the razorgore fight (the phase 1 damage is being condensed into phase 2's length)

we just got approved for realmplayers this week so we have 1 guy that will run it for shits and giggles but as a guild master and raid leader i mostly focus on weekly iteration on performance and skill and self improvement (and by extension, guild improvement) and so that philosophy is generally held guild-wide. i focus on these things and less so on waving my dick around and competing in the special olympics.

alliance are generally better at pve because they are generally more successful at it (and no offense to my alliance peers but the skill ceiling is lower because of things like salvation) but the ceiling for horde is higher but is often less often achieved because the core philosophies of healing and tanking are different. i run a very dedicated and focused healing team that is on point and our tanks wear threat gear and purposely allow themselves to take higher amounts of damage to deal higher amounts of threat. this is no secret but is rarely practiced.

so how do horde furies do so much damage on vael? because our tank is doing so much damage.

I'd rather go for 14 :) haha. Personally cause I'd rather have the associated gear and I'm already doing it :tongue:

Only reason to get R14 as hunter is your dedication or sexiest swords looks ever (ally-wise)
If you're doing this just for PvE, imo R12 is enuf.
For PvP maybe R13 for setbonus combining.
There is much better/same weapons for hunter PvE: standard hakkari+faceless combo gives absolutely same stats as 2 R14 longswords, just lower top-end damage cos of speed + no stamina. but do you care bout this at hunter pve?
dnt wanna start theorycraft cos dumb in dis shiet esp bout hunter, but only upgrade at vanilla pve will be silithid claw+axe of sundered bone (+~10 ap upgrade over zg combo lol)/maybe corrupted ashbringer if your friends call u predi

tl;dr: not worth it for pve
as i know you never took r14, give it a shot
sorry if my info bout ur ranking wrong doe )()
who cares server down anyway
car-spoiler-car-spoiler--001carspoiler--001--car--spoiler.jpg

Last edited:
Bonereaver's looks really good on this server, most likely better than r14 weapons. Pve wise it's BiS horde side too.

Tö clarify i am rogue and playing on Kronos 2. Thank you all for your input, but the time investment seems to be bigger then my schedule will allow. Also this is not something you can solo.
My heart lies in PvE and although the r14 swords are godlike, I will have to survive without them.
For people wondering I am willing to invest 8 hours a day, not even close to what is needed.

Have a nice day.

Bonereaver's looks really good on this server, most likely better than r14 weapons. Pve wise it's BiS horde side too.
It looks different on this server compared to nostalrius?

Can someone post a picture?

He means the internal workings of the sword, namely the proc. I don't know how it worked on nostalrius, but on Kronos - if you stick to your target for more than 10-15 seconds, it's probably the best pvp weapon. Others have mentioned pve already.

He means the internal workings of the sword, namely the proc. I don't know how it worked on nostalrius, but on Kronos - if you stick to your target for more than 10-15 seconds, it's probably the best pvp weapon. Others have mentioned pve already.

The proc is a self-buff. I can sort of understand what you mean by stick to your target. But I doubt with CC's/Roots etc. you will be able to get 2 stacks consistently, much less 3. It "can" be extremely good. But in no way is it consistently or even close to better than r14 weapons/ashkandi/ etc.

The proc is a self-buff. I can sort of understand what you mean by stick to your target. But I doubt with CC's/Roots etc. you will be able to get 2 stacks consistently, much less 3. It "can" be extremely good. But in no way is it consistently or even close to better than r14 weapons/ashkandi/ etc.

With only 1stack up youre probably doing more dmg in pvp than with ashkandi/r14

With only 1stack up youre probably doing more dmg in pvp than with ashkandi/r14

I'd legit have to see that, I can understand 2+ stacks but just 1 stack I can't imagine it beats a r14 weapon in damage.

Black, was that aimed at me? I wasn't saying its hard to hit anyone in pvp. I was saying it's difficult to build multiple stacks in pvp as opposed to pve.

Ok, math time.

Bonereaver's Edge: 206 - 310 Damage, let's ignore the 1% crit for now
Ashkandi: 229 - 344 Damage + 21.5 damage from 86 AP = 250.5 - 365.5 damage

For now, Ashkandi leads with 44 - 55 damage. Let's look at the proc damage increase effect. One charge gives you 700 armor penetration, so let's look at having only one charge up. Obviously the lower the armor of the target already is, the more damage you gain, but let's look at some numbers.

• Against plate pvper with usually at most 5k armor: 47.6% -> 43.8% damage reduction. So you get ~3.8% damage increase.
  • Against ~2k armor you get: 26.6% -> 19.1% damage reduction. So 7.5% damage increase.
  • Against 1200 armor, you get: 17.9% -> 9.8% damage reduction. So 8.1% damage increase.

What's your typical damage with only Battle Shout? Let's say you have 1100 AP with it, so it increases your weapon damage by 1100/14*3.4 = 267. So your damage will be 473 - 577, with average damage being 525. So your damage values will look like this:
  • Against 5k armor: 275 without charge up -> 295 damage with 1 charge up. So you gain 20 damage.
  • Against 2k armor: 385 without charge up -> 424 damage with 1 charge up. So you gain 39 damage.
  • Against 1.2k armor: 431 without charge up -> 473 damage with 1 charge up. So you gain 42 damage.

On average, 1% crit will increase your damage by 1.2% (since 1 in a hundred additional hits will do 120% extra damage). 525 * 0.012 = 6.3 damage. So real values will be:
  • 5k armor: 26 more damage.
  • 2k armor: 45 more damage.
  • 1.2k armor: 48 more damage.

So unless you're fighting a plate user or a hunter, BRE is better than Ashkandi with just a single charge. Not being able to get more than 1 charge up typically means you are fighting a class with lower armor that is trying to kite you and avoid being hit by you. And for those classes, BRE is better.

Against plate you will typically be able to land many hits and thus get more charges up. Let's see how much 2 charges would help against 5k armor.
  • Against 5k armor: 47.6% -> 39.6% damage reduction. So your 525 damage goes from 275 damage without a charge up to 317 damage with 2 charges up. Which is 42 flat damage increase plus the 6 damage on average from having 1% crit on BRE. So total of 48 damage increase. Beats Ashkandi.

With 3 charges up, Ashkandi just can't even compare.

And I forgot to add that the 1% crit gives increase to Execute damage, since it only scales with amount of rage you have and your crit chance.

Last edited:
too bad bonereaver's edge looks like a wooden sword with half part missing :tongue:

still only item in 2016 that able to find at wowhead by query "boner"
more you know

Top Bottom