• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Release date poll

When do you want Kronos to be released? Considering reality, now-bugs etc.

• Total voters

nimeralos

Authorized
Just another social investigation :) Since they're inspired with community while making the videos, maybe they will take community opinion into account when it comes to release date...

Please, your own opinion, no Baba Vanga speaking for everyone like "no one will play if they won't release until [date]!!1".

Uhm yea I took the "one more month is ok, more is senseless." I'm rly hyped for the server but I would just start to get dissapointed if it would rly take several months more. I mean we already had the "end of december" date, we are already waiting several months. I guess at some point I would just lose interest if the release date wouldl just get prosponed again and again.

I doubt it's that long to go anymore, since:
there are total 46 development points, 4 of them aren't necessary, 42 of them are.
Since i think Chero is a realist, he is careful in giving a point 100%, so i believe he is not going above 95% in many points before the launch is there.
(since the mass of players always see stuff that hasn't been seen yet, which is good)
But he gave WSG 100% so i bet he is going to give them PvP heroes perfect BG's:
WSG & AB 100%, AV about 95% :p

My guess would be:
About 40 times 95% points
40*95/46 = 82,60%
About 2 times 100% points
2*100/46 = 4,34%

So I bet he wants about 86-87%
:w00t: 3-4% to go

take as much time as you need, the best time tho would be in 2-5 months where WoD's remaining hype dies down and you will have the best launching population but i want you to take all the time you need since the longer it takes the better and more stable the server will be :wink: not to mention bugs and exploits will be fixed then too :smile:

graduating this year (hopefuly), hoping for a June release:p

or even later is fine, it's not like I'd suffer without wow or anything

I don't know what remains to be done, but expectations are high and it needs live up to them in order to succeed.

Having a release date, even if it's months away, is essential for feeding the hype.

People are in the dark now about when to expect it, stuck between soon and never.

I just hope there is enough time between the release date announcement and the actual release date.

Indeed. There is no point in rushing. But I feel a few minor sacrifices can be made to bring the release date forward a notch. I am fine with it being 2/3 months away, but I feel by then, a good chunk of people will have lost interest, especially if the rumours are true that Nos are planning to announce a release date on the 11th (Thanks to a recent Test automation video that was posted).

a good chunk of people will have lost interest, especially if the rumours are true that Nos are planning to announce a release date on the 11th (Thanks to a recent Test automation video that was posted).
I see no reason to think Nos will be good (Few videos? Buggy tests? What's all their hype about?).
But I wrote it not to turn the thread into Nos-antiNos holywar, so please don't answer my rhetorical questions x)

I guess I just take the word of what I have read. As Kronos has promised quality so has Nos. Whether they deliver or not still remains to be seen. You could back it up with as many videos as you like, the quality of the server will be determined by the person playing once the server has opened its doors.

I was just stating while I am happy to remain for however long, others might not because of external factors. So thats why i choose the option that I did

Last edited:
Indeed. There is no point in rushing. But I feel a few minor sacrifices can be made to bring the release date forward a notch. I am fine with it being 2/3 months away, but I feel by then, a good chunk of people will have lost interest, especially if the rumours are true that Nos are planning to announce a release date on the 11th (Thanks to a recent Test automation video that was posted).

I've been lurking on their forums and I gotta say...they should NOT release on the 11th....there are so many issues that keep showing up and it seems like they're just hacking stuff together to make one thing work but break another. They used to be able to mount up in the flag room in WSG...just yesterday they could mount up with the damned flag itself. If such basic bugs are still happening, it's gonna burn in 4 days if they release it.

Well...i Vote for ""release now"" but...20-30 day's will no be a problem.Just need to know release date..nothing more :wub:

Would love to see it released asap, but lets be realistic, we've seen in the past two months Chero has no time atm to handle such a large project, so I voted for the last option. Just take your time and release when you'll be able to put in more time, like summer maybe? There must be someone capable around as much as possible once it releases, well at least for a week or two, since some critical stability-threatening bugs might always slip trough.

And stop trying making another comparison fest thread.. Kronos and Nost are nothing alike, except for both being vanilla and offering gradual dungeon progression.

My hope is for a March release. But I'm not holding my breath. Either way, I'll just remain patient until they decide it's ready.

I don't care when the server is released, I just want to know the release date. Being left in the dark is the worst.

I don't care when the server is released, I just want to know the release date. Being left in the dark is the worst.

I too want to know the final release date, but I don't think even the devs knows it yet. And setting a final release date and then have to postpone it again wouldn't be good for any of us. But looking at the bug tracker, we know they are working as hard as they can.

I too want to know the final release date, but I don't think even the devs knows it yet. And setting a final release date and then have to postpone it again wouldn't be good for any of us. But looking at the bug tracker, we know they are working as hard as they can.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91092-AMA-Kronos-Staff?p=718211&viewfull=1#post718211

They have said they have a date in mind. But are not ready to divulge it yet. Whether that date has changed...or the are still on track remains to be seen. So you could be right...the devs might not know what the final release date will be...but they have an idea.

I feel if the server isn't released soon, then Nostalrius will get more people. Imho it just comes down to who releases first. Nostalrius is revealing and ETA on the 11th.

I feel if the server isn't released soon, then Nostalrius will get more people. Imho it just comes down to who releases first. Nostalrius is revealing and ETA on the 11th.

Nostalrius is still buggy as hell. It's suicide for them to release when their server is clearly not ready.

I used to have the same thought. Until I participated in their last test and felt that they were rushing the release a little. This point would be Kronos's major issue if Nos has the same level of polish as is expected on Kronos (who knows maybe it does, since we are only taking the word of Kronos atm). There are plently of decent private servers out there that are very playable, with decent scripts...but they just arent good enough. We will have to wait until Nos releases to see which side of the fence it will fall on.

If it falls on the same side as the rest of the vanilla servers, then releasing sooner will not be much help. If it turns out to have a very high standard. Then there isn't much that can be done except be better.

i hope they release soon, this spring atleast. atm im only playing lol and its getting quite boring after a couple of games..so please release asap!! but, take the time needed to make it good

Top Bottom