• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Release date poll

When do you want Kronos to be released? Considering reality, now-bugs etc.

• Total voters
Honestly dont believe the server will launch. But I have hope.

When World of Warcraft was launched in 2004 it was a work in progress, not a work of perfection.

They keep us too far in the dark honestly, and now when i think back to the announcement that detailed a release date coming soon, I come closer to believing that it was just a way to satisfy players from going elsewhere.

People are getting anxious again, time to raise the useless bar another 2 percent.

What I can tell you is, it will launch :smile:
Stop worrying already guys.

ETA.ETA.ETA
All i hear is ETA
If u want ETA so hard, go to spain and keep yelling for your own sake...

I used to have the same thought. Until I participated in their last test and felt that they were rushing the release a little. This point would be Kronos's major issue if Nos has the same level of polish as is expected on Kronos (who knows maybe it does, since we are only taking the word of Kronos atm). There are plently of decent private servers out there that are very playable, with decent scripts...but they just arent good enough. We will have to wait until Nos releases to see which side of the fence it will fall on.

If it falls on the same side as the rest of the vanilla servers, then releasing sooner will not be much help. If it turns out to have a very high standard. Then there isn't much that can be done except be better.

My take on it:

Classes were fairly fine tuned, major things were implemented, and I couldn't find a bugged quest. I didn't see a single mob clip through anything while fleeing in fear either. I was a bit disappointed in the minor bugs on Nos' test that compounded into a lot of bugs such as drinking during your first cast, and clearcasting happening on impact though, but i guess they plan to fix those b4 release?

Last edited:
Take as much time as you need. Until then I'm playing on another server. I have no problem in switching for a better server in the future, but for sure I will be pissed off if I see the same bugs here that I've already seen everywhere else...

Even tho i'd love to start playing, another feenix like quality server wont cut it. I have played on quite some private servers and in the end i always got sick of poor quality. I have seen some comments about browsing the site/forums everyday because theres no ETA, that is what also bothers me. My account is quite fresh, but i have been browsing the forums long before i decided to make an account. I'd love to see an estimate, so i can stop scanning the forums.

Even tho i'd love to start playing, another feenix like quality server wont cut it.

Do not fear. I'm pretty sure Kronos was already better than Feenix ever was last time around minus the big playerbase. I can only imagine how finetuned it'll be this time around.

Do not fear. I'm pretty sure Kronos was already better than Feenix ever was last time around minus the big playerbase. I can only imagine how finetuned it'll be this time around.

I hope it's worth waiting for, i wanna relive those glorious days. Im curious how long /played it will take me to get 60, my first 60 back then took me 16 days :whistling:

I hope it's worth waiting for, i wanna relive those glorious days. Im curious how long /played it will take me to get 60, my first 60 back then took me 16 days :whistling:

When retail Vanilla came out, I lvl'ed like every class to 20-30, my friends hit 60 and I just kept on rerolling. :biggrin:

In 1.12.1 XP are easier to gain than in the early days of WoW!
Also there are some differences in Horde and Alli questing!
For me the average play time on Alli was 8 days played until i hit 60.

Since Horde is less grinding and theyve more available quests it might be a bit less for Horde!

Personally even if Nost comes out sooner I won't bother trying it out since I'm comfortable playing on ED right now, and I'm not attracted by the Nost community at all. I know I'll definitely prefer playing on Kronos, and I don't want to have to start twice so...

Nevertheless, I think the server should try and release soon, maybe in max 1-2 months. If Nost comes out first it will hurt our population a little.

I'm French-canadian, so no.

After lurking through both the forums I've noticed some points of divergence in both communities*. Nostalrius seems to be made mostly of hardcore purists, whereas Kronos's community seems more pragmatic and relaxed. Compare both of their views on Character Auctions. Compare the poll that says 60% of the people on Kronos would enjoy a low lvl BG innkeeper queuing option to the absence of such a discussion on Nostalrius. Finally, perhaps even more indicative, compare the two Roleplaying threads on Kronos to this thread on Nos. There's a reason I've always played on RP or RP/PvP realms on retail, even if I barely RPed at all.

*Of course, that's a very vague science and I have extrapolated a little. I'm aware of it, so I'm also basing my choice on the fact that posting here for a few months have made me know the people here and appreciate them, whereas I don't have any ties to Nost's since I haven't posted there.

Last edited:
Lol a crappy joke, but really, I don't understand that statement. There's a lot of crossover between both projects and I find both of the communities pretty comparable.

Well, not releasing this year would be unfortunate and would probably result in some hype loss (hmm or the opposite?). Releasing before summer break would probably be even more unfortunate though :smile: Make it spring or fall. But I am sure you are aware of that.

I don't think release should be too far off.

Sure we don't notice them but I would guess quite a few people come here for a couple of weeks looking for a Vanilla server because they get bored of retail/current MMO but leave when they find something else to play.

For most of the Vanilla players I don't think money is the issue but rather game quality. So if any exciting MMO launches anytime soon (ok, rather low chances I know considering the general good games draught) people would probably try it out and then let's see if they end up switching back to good'ol Vanilla again.

In any case that's how I got here, bored of ESO/Wildstar, played 1 day on Feenix until somebody whispered about Kronos, lurked in Kronos forums a month, got bored, went back to retail, got bored and here I am again!

Chero seems like a perfectionist, which isn't a bad thing at all, I'd consider it a compliment. With all the work that's been put into this server I can realize why, but I'm sure a few quests or small bugs won't make or break release at all. If anything, assist in what couldn't be found. I'm ecstatic waiting for release :biggrin::biggrin:

Your move, Kronos.

Release on the 27th imo, snipe nostal.

And for anyone that says Kronos isn't ready... well then neither is Nostal, but that isn't stopping them from trying to release first and snag quite a few players away from Kronos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your move, Kronos.

Release on the 27th imo, snipe nostal.

And for anyone that says Kronos isn't ready... well then neither is Nostal, but that isn't stopping them from trying to release first and snag quite a few players away from Kronos.

What that guy said.

The battle between Krono's and Nostalrius begins!! I'm looking forward to the impending fight!

I join the bandwagon of asking for an estimated release date, if only to dismiss the idea that this server development is seriously undermanned.

Also I dont know what people see on that Nostalrius server I wouldnt touch it with a 20 meters pole, not to say I couldnt care less for the community playing there it already looks like a Peenix 2.0 nonsense

Kronos should make a move with an earlier release, and work on the few quests and other minor bugs found with release. Best option imho.

Top Bottom