• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Songflower!?!?!?

Brilliant!

<Vanguard PTR> is recruiting.

I bet we'd still get non-dwarf priest and non-human melee applicants...

Invite me as a social, the name is Guro desu(Dorf Roga).

ITT people raging because a part of the game they found convenient is proven to be against blizzlike respawn mechanics. Many people complained before that logging off for weeks was one of the detrimental things tryhard raiding brought about. Personally I like my guild, i like the people and like to play/compete with them. And I'm fine with farming 15-20 hours a week for consumables or other stuff too. But ultimately, this is a game and a way to spend time. Not being able to log in my main for a week every month, summoning myself all around the world over and over again for this buff and that buff and fucking +1 damage buff from teldrassil too until my brain melts down, and now this songflower change. This bullshit is the reason i cant bring myself to try raiding again.(Yes yes i can just show up without the buffs and ask for a raidspot but that would be disrespectful to people who tryhard, my lack of buffs would hinder their efforts).

Its Kronos Team's decision but we do have a right to raise a question about it. When you changed DMF buff into %1-10 randomized effect, people started logging off for weeks in order to challenge records. With this songflower change, those people wont be online for the remainder of every month either. Flowers will be controlled by a faction(well guess who ;3 ) Personally i find it repulsive, highly annoying, and bad for server overall. Because the offline characters are mains or raiding alts that people occasionally pvp with, when those characters are offline all the time, the players wont have much of a reason to come and play the game. They will either farm with alts or not play at all. It should be obvious by now, that the pillars supporting Kronos population are the raiding guilds, this is a Highly PvE focused realm. And you're making it harder and harder with every change you bring about. (Like the Ironfoe nerf, which was done with %120 bullshit reasoning = excuses out of your buttocks, so that people that farmed it wouldnt be able to outdps KT end-game weapons. Well guess what, AQ40 Trinkets are OP AF in TBC, end-game BiS gauntlets for most races is a lvl 44 epic, etc etc. Its how it should be by design even if its not intentional.)

TL, DR; What people want is not blizzlike, its peenixlike. None of us like it but this is the truth. So you either take a step back and revert the changes or keep losing population, have even less activity (deaded servur).

Last edited:
Continuing on what Jahreno wrote, people trashed the other thread where Relada asked for guaranteed 10% DMF to reduce raid logging. Instead, they gave us even more reason to raid log. Thanks, Kronos.

Or just make things that give you world buffs give you a custom item that you can use to get the buff whenever you see fit to make this vocal minority shut up already.

Don't forget the dynamic respawn when u make the change. the current 3 min goes down to like 5 seconds when u got a raid there.

There's a guy I've met on Kronos an year ago and we became really good friends. We closely play together whole this time, he use to log in whenever he wanted to and did whatever he wanted to do and we always talked about all kind of random stuff, WoW and non-WoW related. You could tell he had fun and enjoyed the game, even though he "only" picked DM, ZG, Onyxia and Songflower buffs right before the raid and Blasted Lands one a day earlier. If it was DMF weekend he picked the buff just before the raid, same as all other buffs, and just played with whatever got dealt to him.

A while ago, he decided to join a big dick guild. Fast forward couple of months, the only thing dude's talking about these days are World buffs and Kronos Logs. He's offline most of the week, summoning himself all over the world from buff to buff and doing literally everything to reduce the time between picking each buff and entering the instance. After he collect every single buff with minimal time lost on them, most of the time he enters an instance at some retarded off-peak time a day or 2 before the raid even starts, because he's so scared someone will gank him with all that shit if he tries to enter just before the raid, which would ruin his whole week of playing. He says he doesn't enjoy it at all and when I ask why is he doing it then, he respond that he has to because of logs and that's the only way to have a shot at good performance. When the actual raidday comes, he's really stressed out because his whole week of playing (having to be offline most of the time) comes down to those 3 hours and high DPS expectations. Obsession with logs literally turned him into robot without emotions for the game, just like a job rinse and repeat pick buffs, stay offline, get into instance 2 days earlier, log in for raid with the only aim to break some record, log out and repeat the process. Yesterday he told me he's probably going to quit since he's bored of being offline most of the week and the whole world buff and logs situation is too stressful for him.

Now, I know not everyone feels like him, but many do. And I can understand side of the story of people who play only for DPS records and if that's their only interest in the game, but no wonder all of you are so bored of the game/content and that there's someone new quitting every day. You aren't even doing anything else except picking buffs/being offline/playing for 3 hours in a week. Not gonna tell anyone how to play the game, but you are skipping really a lot of it and everything comes down to logs/3 hours a week and it really feels like a job and make some people anxious, instead of being a source of fun. If Kronos Logs and RaidStats never existed, everyone would have more fun and less stress playing the game and server(s) would be more active and fun in every field.

It's totally embarrassing that people cared enough about this change to feel the need to come on the forums to whinge about it.

Also, caring about records is pointless because private servers are different and get updated every now and then, meaning that the results are not comparable. So whatever number reamplayers shows is completely meaningless.

Keep nagging here and on the bug report, that will make chero change his mind. In the meantime, ill be spending my salves on songflowers. Enjoy nerds :>

To you perhaps its pointless to others this is not the case. I dont understand how you think you have the authority to define how people should play this game. If someone plays this game to maximize their dps through having an efficient rotation and world buffing to the max then of course this change is going to upset them. It doesnt take much to connect those dots. All of a sudden world buffing is harder which impacts their experience and thus causes them to be upset about it because now they have to work harder to achieve those same buffs so that they can further maximize their dps.

Vanilla wow and any mmorpg for that matter is meant to be played as the player decides to play it. Yall view it has this big social world that you talk and mess around in and thats perfectly fine way to play the game. Others see it as something to push the limits on in terms of their performance within the game, the so called "hardcore" players.

Either this change doesn't effect you or you simply dont care about competing on the meter which is fine that is how YOU choose to play and I will not say you're silly, lazy, or incompetent for not pushing your performance to the limit because I have no right to tell you the way you decide to play this game is incorrect.

[video=youtube;RFZrzg62Zj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/video]
Never ever picked a songflower btw.

There seems to be a trend here, lower preforming guilds whith slow kill times and pvpers dont care, while people in guilds who strive to cleare fast and efficient does, what a surprise.

Submitted a lengthy response to the Corrupted Flower changes bug report. It was promptly deleted. I suppose it didn't ring true to a number of our 'volunteers' but cencorship is typically not appreciated, especially when you are not using politically incorrect or even insulting verbiage.

Of course I see no reason to be treated any differently here, but thanks anyways, GM's.

I’d like to take a moment here outside of the vocal minority of Discord and echo the disappointment felt by a large number of Kronos’ longtime players. It has been publicly stated that Corrupted Flowers are being, “fixed because they randomly came across the report,” which is a change that feels for many of us, after years of raiding, to be the literal definition of cherry picked. I’ll help by putting things into perspective:

There are currently 10,000 bugs on the Bug Report. 28% of them are flagged for Game Master attention, leaving 2,800 open reports. If you were to randomly select any one of those bugs you would have a 0.0004% chance of picking the four-year-old #3212 from December of 2012. And yet, even with that small percentage, we have somehow managed to single out yet another core raid damage mechanic.

And so with that said it is immensely frustrating that the GM’s can be so blatantly hypocritical in picking and choosing fixes to suit their preferences. It is very clear to many of us after the changes to Silithyst, the attempted stealth increase in armor values, the nerf to Windfury, and the nerf to Paladin Buffs that as much as possible is being done to deflate Kronos’s already inflated raid numbers which are ONLY a direct correlation of Kronos’ NON-Blizzlike timeline. No guild in the history of Vanilla had twelve months to acquire full AQ40 BiS before touching Kel’Thuzad. Naxx is going to be a total joke, and every tryhard raider on this server knows it.

@Rimah put it well. We’ve been here a long time, many of us very patiently waiting for something that should have happened months ago and so by changing this now, FOUR full years later, you are only serving to, “annoy the (still) raiding population without giving a good benefit.” There is now even less of a reason to do anything but raidlog, further proving the point that this server is dying by the day while we twiddle our thumbs with a months-late, still-promised, and over-hyped release of Naxxramas.

And so this begs the question. Do the GMs even play here? Are you even aware of the frequent turnover that many guilds are experiencing? People are quitting by the week and the best response from every GM that I’ve encountered is to, “go play somewhere else.”

It’s obvious you’re out of touch with the situation.
It’s obvious you’re out of touch with the server.
And it’s obvious you’re out of touch with your community.

Ye fuck their censorship I wouldn't be surprised if they get a tip to delete your message here as well

I think Kronos team is just beating around the bush the entire time, accepting any half-assed "evidence" as long as it suits them. Examples of this would be Ironfoe nerf, Windfury nerf, this songflower change AND chrommagus time lapse threat wipe mechanics removal almost 20 months ago. Hello <Arcanum>, hello the guild with 6 Mortal Strike warriors who dont respec to fury for raids, even with 5 gold capped respecs. Resulting in 2004-like 11 minutes chrom fights with several threat wipes. Who, instead, got the blizzlike and wonderfully working script removed. Enjoy!

You are far from principled with the way you handle those things. You have 2 options, if you ever consider them.

a) Revert the changes so you can keep your raider population ACTIVE instead of logging off %90 of the time. At least some of them would PvP or do other groups instead of being offline. You can adopt a no-world buff in few months of Naxx policy, you have a few options here.

b) Remove ALL world buffs from game altogether and make it TBC-like raiding. Which, I would personally enjoy and would have no effect on the economy. However many of the tryhard raiders would find this absolutely unacceptable, you would lose some players but Naxx would not be a joke.

What you have been doing is c) jump at any uncertain evidence to suit your needs. It looks PD, siriusly. You are just forcing people to go offline with those changes keep that in mind. To me it looks like you want to choose option b) but fear the consequences.

Btw, I'm not defending the tryhard BIG DPS guise here. I'm merely saying changing those things this way just brings more harm to the server.

Peace out nerds.

Last edited:
I also do not get why cyphen's post was deleted. It did not contain any offenses but points of view. Even his complaint about deleting his post was deleted. Maybe you have/had some problems with him in the past, I do not know, but if you are deleting opinions just because they dp not suit you, you are on the same level as Herrmann Göring, Hitler's propaganda minister in the 3rd Reich. I am NOT saying you are unhuman nazis, but you use the same methods for suppressing opinions you do not like. I have brought up this drastic example with Göring not to offend you, but to ring a bell so you might hpefully finally wake up and stop such actions.

Alts are not mains... Most people have alts that are not so well geared, used only for farming with bad UIs/keybinds, and not a class they really like playing - made only for the purpose of convenience with respect to gathering materials and farming gold.

Theres also a ton of people with alts that they raid with in other guilds that is coincidentally also raidlogging. :lol:

Thing is, there really isn't that much to do in vanilla. You got dungeons, raids, world bosses, farming consumables and battlegrounds. The character progression is linear, as you progress further theres no tangible reward when looking back at the content you have done. So people have split up into several groups. You have the ones that is always trying to gear up more alts, the people trying to push records in raids, the "social people" and the 10-15 PvP'ers that have held out. The ones without any particular motivation other than gear are also generally the ones that are constantly disappearing. I don't know how it is for other guilds, but my guild we have a "buffer" of around 5-10 people that are very new to the guild as theres constantly people leaving/disappearing. I do think naxx is also going to kill a few of those "alt guilds" where a substansial amount of the raiders are alts from other guilds.

Top Bottom