• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggestion of possible bug

That's it. Imp Gouge have 5,5 sec duration, so if you wait behind your target, you have a high chance for restealth, because combat drops off 0.5sec after Gouge end. And that's how it worked on Kronos 2, as i remember.

high chance for restealth
Define high chance. Human reaction is 0,3 sec and wow is not new thing for ppl. Nowdays no one let you restealth unless u face newbie. What i trying to say is there should be window for reaction. At least 2 movies i posted, proves my theory and practise

Last edited:
yeah, and server refreshes your status every 0,4 sec, so the window is actualy 0.5-0.1 sec (and it's blizzlike)

about the reaction.... well, i've met much more people, that alowed me retealth than those who didn't.

Kronos does not refresh your status every 0,4sec, so the window should be there.

And you probably played on a different Kronos, because I remember not being able to EVER stun rogues after a gouge.

yeah, and server refreshes your status every 0,4 sec, so the window is actualy 0.5-0.1 sec (and it's blizzlike)

about the reaction.... well, i've met much more people, that alowed me retealth than those who didn't.

I don't understand what are you trying to say or prove?

Proof can be found here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=21

Dev is talking about removal of 400 ms bathces for player status/position checks in Warlords of Draenor - I assume, that those 400ms bathces were there from the begining and now they are remowing them.

I know this is a very open question, but is there anything "under the hood" with the responsiveness changes that could impact theorycrafting?

I was wondering when this'd get brought up. I've hinted about this in the past in a couple interviews... Yes, there was a very significant underlying change here, that may have implications for theorycrafting (though minor).

I don't want to get too deep into the under-the-hood workings of WoW servers, but here's a super short version. Any action that one unit takes on another different unit used to be processed in batches every 400ms. Some very attentive people may have noticed that healing yourself would give you the health instantly (minus client/server latency), whereas healing another unit would incur a delay of between 0ms and 400ms (again, on top of client/server latency). Same with damaging, applying auras, interrupting, knocking back, etc.

That delay can feel bad just due to the somewhat laggy responsiveness feeling, but also because the state of things can change during that time. For example: Holly the Holy Priest is healing Punky the Brewmaster. Punky spikes low, and Holly hits Guardian Spirit in a panic. The server verifies that Holly is able to cast it, and that Punky is alive (great!). The cast goes off, Guardian Spirit goes on cooldown, and a request is placed for the Guardian Spirit aura (that prevents dying) to be placed on Punky. That request will be filled next time the 400ms timer loops, which happens to be 320ms from now. 250ms later, the boss lands another hit on on Punky. Punky dies. Sadface. Another 70ms goes by, and the Guardian Spirit aura request pops up, and goes "Hey guys, I'm here!... Aww... damn, I missed the party. Sadface."

We no longer batch them up like that. We just do it as fast as we can, which usually amounts to between 1ms and 10ms later. It took a considerable amount of work to get it working that way, but we're very pleased with the results so far; the game feels noticeably more responsive.

I can't guarantee that you'll never ever again run into cases where Guardian Spirit went on cooldown and the tank still died... but it'll be literally 40x rarer than before, and the whole game will feel more responsive too.

5. needs retesting as last I checked this (a bit more than a month ago) I could replicate this issue.

Stealth and Invisibility effects will now be canceled at the
beginning of an action (spellcast, ability use etc...), rather than
at the completion of the action.

Patchnotes 1.10.0

I know there are videos that show spellcast in invisibility, but the patchnotes clearly say that this was a bug that has been fixed. Its really important from when those videos were.

The report for it on twinhead was created by myself, because I believe it was possible to see people and actually cast when invisible, but memory fails you sometimes :)

@drig I think you misunderstood, noones claims or tries to proof that the ooc timer should be 5 seconds. Besides its working as inteded anyways. 6 second ooc timer.

33. is partially true. The white dot was only visible to you because of lag/delay w/e. Sometimes you see this happen on private servers too, but not very often. Kronos never lagged enought for it to happen though.

Last edited:
Patchnotes 1.10.0

I know there are videos that show spellcast in invisibility, but the patchnotes clearly say that this was a bug that has been fixed. Its really important from when those videos were.

I reported it in twinhead myself, because I believe it was possible to see people and actually cast when invisible, but memory fails you sometimes :)

Still i don't agree with you, simply because ranger video was made after 1.11 patch, if u have noticed he's wearing tier 3 gear. So this patch doesn't applied to this item

Like I said, I created a report on twinhead where I claim that casting in trinket invis is possible. You seem to misunderstand me :)

Btw anyone is allowed to report anything in here ;)

Dont be shy and report everything that comes to ur mind that annoyed u on ur old servers and what u want to see fixed here definitely!
(We aim anyway to fix anything but special advices could make us look for things, which we wouldn't find otherwise)

I have the feeling that damage and healing are too high on most servers. This can be due to wrong coefficients, but I suspect there is something more, like binary/non binary resists, hit calculation or something like that. I would love to see some kind of general damage test for each class before release, where testers would compare Kronos damage and healing to old videos or logs.
[CR]I'm particularly interested in the way +healing is being calculated. According to wowwiki, all %-modifiers coming from talents should be applied BEFORE +healing:
Healing spells are opposite; all talents are added to the base first then healing benefits added. For example: A spell that normally deals 100 damage that receives a +10 plus damage bonus, and a 10% damage bonus from talents, would deal 121 damage. A spell that normally heals 100 damage, that receives a +10 plus heal bonus, and a 10% heal bonus from talents, would heal for 120.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_power?oldid=347424
Not sure if this works correclty on other servers.[/CR]
Just tested this, works fine

[CR]Another thing I would like to add to the list is damage multipliers of NPCs. On most server, NPCs - even bosses - have a flat value for their auto attack damage. Their damage should be modified by attack power though. Applying curse of recklessness could cause a boss to twohit your maintank back in the days, it was crucial to keep improved demo shout up, as it decreased a bosses damage by about 30%.
[/CR]
Edit: added the AP issue to the bugtracker.
Edit 2: fixed by Chero :)

Last edited:
- Spellcoefficients are correct (almost all, if you find some that is wrong its easily changed)
- binary resists work, but are not the cause of higher damage usually
- the hardest damage cap was usually aggro. Chero addressed this problem recently

Fort he boss debuffing, it depends on how the boss was. You can't make a general rule on how much damage you reduce with AP reducing abilities.
And even with recklessness up a boss would never two shot a tank in MC.

Good point though. I will surely have a look into this.

I remember this exact issue, with AP reducing debuffs on mobs, from twinstar's WotLK (yeah I know, I mention it a lot:D) realm and I was told that it's practically unfixable.
A developer said, that somewhere along the evolution of wow mob databases the information about each mob's specific attack power got lost/ignored/whatever and only the mob's final autoattack damage remained. That's why every mob in the database has the same attack power and only the dmg goes up with levels and difficulty, and that's why Demo shout and stuff are pretty much useless.
To fix it, they would need to find the specific values of AP and dmg without ap for thousands of different mobs which is shittons of work, if even possible.

This is a tale from the future, or at least what I remember of it. (hope I didn't get it completely wrong:D)
I'd guess that if vanilla realms have the same mob-ap issue, the future isn't really in front of us and it has happened sooner than 1.12. In which case, it should supposedly be super difficult to fix it.
Let's hear what the devs say though.

Top Bottom