• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggestion of possible bug

What about the Rogue Lockbox opening through a tradewindow? on every server you cant open the box when the player puts the box on the bottom at the tradewindow.

on other servers you have to trade the box and risk to be stolen. the rogue opened it always when he got the box in the bag and trade the content back to the guy. but it should be possible to open the box when you put it in the tradewindow.

So there is this nasty piece of code in mangos zero core:
https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/src/game/Unit.cpp#L2824
This would mean that only humanoid mobs can parry, and their parry chance is hardcoded to be 5%. This is wrong. First, the level difference is not taken into account: a boss mob should have a higher chance (5,6%: 5% base plus (mobdefenseskill-playerweaponskill)*0.05) to dodge, parry or block. Second, this would mean that only humanoid bosses can parry. I'm still looking for evidence, but as far as I know, all mobs should be able to parry and block, regardless if they are carrying weapons and shields or not.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_table?oldid=231111

Last edited:
Really important Amrod!
A parried hit will also result in a lower swing timer. If this does not work melees would be able to DPS a boss from the front without having to worry to lower its swing timer if it parries one of their blows.

What about Wands that has Spell dmg / Spell heal? Is it normal to have them on wands?

I mean wands like +55 Shadow Damage (written in white color)

i dont mean wands with green tooltip that says "Increases damage done by ... "

theres are any ? i never noticed it on vanilla servers i played. If i am right, this white feature +spelldmg comes with tbc.. but i may be wrong.

The wands you are referring to are a bug on most private servers. Their damage got normalized in the AQ patch.
This means you will not see wands with 21+ shadow/fire/frost on Kronos.
Spelldamage wands can only reach a maximum of 11+.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragon_Finger

Here are the normalized values.

I got question about Dark Iron deposits. On every private server the situation is different.
On retail they used to be in BRD and MC and in patch 1.7 (Arathi Basin patch) they were added to Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes.

Atm according to database https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?object=165658 nodes are totally absent in BRD and laughable amounts of possible spawnpoints exist in Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes. I also recall way more spawnpoints in MC.
At the same time, TBC database https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?object=165658 have proper amount of nodes in Gorge/Steppes but still lacks data on BRD.

I do not know if vanilla database shows the current state correctly but if it does then there clearly should be done something about it.

Dark iron deposits were pooled in BRD/MC (that may be reason, why you can't find them on twinhead), but SG/BS spawns are probably missing.

There are spawns in BRD aswell, but twinhead is buggy and doesn't show the Blackrock Depths instance as an option for the map. Reported into Twinhead bugs section :)

As for the issue itself, there is an old report https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=836 that shows the placement of DI nodes in BRD perfectly, so we just need to adjust the deposits accordingly.
As for SG/BS, DI nodes should spawn in place of regular mining nodes (pooling), but I don't know the status of the the pooling system.

Dark iron deposits were pooled in BRD/MC (that may be reason, why you can't find them on twinhead), but SG/BS spawns are probably missing.
There're no other nodes to pool them with in BRD/MC.

There are spawns in BRD aswell, but twinhead is buggy and doesn't show the Blackrock Depths instance as an option for the map. Reported into Twinhead bugs section :)

As for the issue itself, there is an old report https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=836 that shows the placement of DI nodes in BRD perfectly, so we just need to adjust the deposits accordingly.
As for SG/BS, DI nodes should spawn in place of regular mining nodes (pooling), but I don't know the status of the the pooling system.

I saw the report but it was ancient, it's outcome is not clear and thus i figured this issue should be raised. If some of you could bump the report would be great.
As for the pooling system in SG/BS i hope it will work.

And while on the topic of world object spawns, what's the deal with Black Lotuses on Kronos? I do not want this server to end up with ppl placing alts at lotus spawnpoints and timing when to login.

Pool system is something, that chero is already working on and will definitely be ready at launch.

Black Lotus spawn exactly blizzlike already (this has been fixed a looooong time ago). Only 1 Black lotus spawns in each "Black Lotus Zone" at a time, with the appropriate respawn time and it spawns randomly in one of the various spawn location in each zone.

The rest of the herbs and ore spawns will be reworked, this is still on the list.

Last edited:
I played on Emerald Dream for over a year, over that time i noticed many bugs, i'm going to try and recall any of them that i can, i apologize if they have already been addressed/fixed.

Taunt was very broken. It is not supposed to have any effect if the target is already targeting you, (On Emerald dream this is not the case, you can taunt a mob targeting you, and prevent a DPS from pulling agro while the taunt debuff is on the mob. (taunt, followed by a mocking blow, leading into a challenging shout gave you a huge amount of control)

Mob Line of Sight. I have read on here that pathing and los are fully working as intended and i'm extremely doubtful. For instance, Emerald Dream Chromaggus was a joke. Not a single guild that killed him did it the way blizzard intended the fight to work. Simply tanking him at the outer edge of a corner, and being out of LoS during the cast / the moment he finishes his cast, completly breaks the mechanics of the fight and turns it into a simple 9 minute tank and spank. Where only 1 person in the raid needs to be remotely paying attention. Almost every mechanic that involved a boss with some kind of a ranged mechanic on ED could be LoS and glitched.

"Black lotus spawns are exactly blizzlike already' 'with the appropriate respawn time and it spawns randomly in one the various spawn location in each zone. "

I think my question here is, are there designated Black lotus nodes? Like on ED where burning stepped has 5 fixed black lotus spawn nodes. Or is it going to be like it was in Vanilla wow where any high level herb (felwood +) had a low chance to spawn from ANY node. Dreamfoil/gromsblood/etc/etc. Im just confused by your wording. ED Herbalism nodes were one of the biggest flaws to anyone that raided. There were 1/3rd of the flower nodes there were supposed to be. And the broken black lotus spawn led to 24/7 spawn camping nodes. rip 120g a flask.

Charge on ED made pvp warrior very sad. Dont get me wrong it was still possible to kill people, but charging a mounted player, landing 6 feet away from where they were 'stunned' running toward them spanning hamstring, only to watch them run away unharmed... so why not zerker, and intercept... same thing, you charge where they were 5 seconds ago, they are stunned 10 feet away, and get away clean with nothing left behind but me and my alt+f4 rage log.

Another of EDs huge flaws was Corruption by feenix staff. I really hope this server can be trusted to spawn world dragons on a fair, unaltered timer. Allowing other guilds who participate on the server an attempt. Not tweaking it to spawn the moment your 40'th raider logs on. Spawning the dragon moments after you land nearby in force. Nobody is afraid to fight for it, but ill be damned if im gonna play on another server where its constantly reserved.

Are you checking all set bonuses for Tier 1/2 even t3 gear? Priest Tier 2 8/8 on ED was the most broken mechanic I've ever experienced. They have fixed it there since then, but i think its still worth mentioning.

With this being a private server, and accounts being free. You run into problems with people, not necessarily cheating, but abusing game mechanics in strange, and 'very unblizzlike' ways.

For instance, my horde guild, had a few paladins and a priest or two parked just outside of kargath. Players could get a summon from a warlock inside of black wing lair raid, hearth to kargath, Duel their alliance priest, get mind controlled, and then get kings/wisdom/salvation buff from their paladin. Having your top 20 DPS with salvation and kings during your tank and spank chromag kill made for a very fast fight.

Im wondering if this is going to be allowed, or if anything can be done to prevent this, short, but huge advantage.

That's all i have for now, but i will continue to think on it. I look forward to playing on you're server, and please destroy feenix.

Thanks

Last edited:
Taunt - Haven't tested yet
LoS - You can't dps through walls here.
Black Lotus - designated nodes (at least at the moment, not sure though. System is wip)
Charge - can still happen, but less likely
World Bosses - Correct random spawn timer with emotes
T Sets - Bugs that I knew of are fixed. What exactly was wrong with priest T2?
Abuse - Chero tries to reduce the amount of abuses as much as possible
Paladin buffs - You can't port into instances on Kronos. Getting paladin buffs is possible though.

About the paladin thing. I will definetly look into it and see if they was indeed possible or not. Sure it would be an advantage for horde, but if thats how it was Kronos should leave it how it currently is.

LoS - You can't dps through walls here.

Im sure thats not what he meant, he wrote "being out of los during the cast", so avoiding it. Pretty nice points, especially mind control buffing, Id never think of that xD

The problem with LoS and Chromagg wasnt just attacking through walls. Yes, when positioned correctly, Chromagg was attackable by all Melee DPS without needed to dodge breaths. that was the weaker of the two exploits, some guilds on ED did this.

The real 2 or 3 guilds on ED however, would literally Tank Chromagg at the end of the wall leading to his chamber where he runs out from, allow chromagg to run to the tank without being attacked, allowing him to grab it on the inside edge. Chromag begins to cast a breathe, he runs out of line of sight. Negating the ability.

The bug on emerald dream with Casters and LoS is, when you LoS them they dont cancel their cast. They continue to cast and the spell never hits the target. some mobs will just stand there. almost like evade bug, but there still attackable / in combat. ED scripting is beyond fucked though, you guys might have this solved already.

Priest Tier 8, 8/8 It grants your Greater heal a small renew buff. On Emerald dream, for a long time, it would give a higher then max rank renew (was supposed to be rank 4? ends up being higher than max rank renew, we never got AQ so i guess that might be sub1 max rank heh), and that effect would stack.

Basically priests in 8/8 could land rank 1 Greater heals, NEVER OOM, and each Gheal dropped a free max rank renew. Drop a rank 1 Gheal on any target that 'might' take damage, and destroy the charts. Roll 1 on the MT 1 on the offtank 1 on anyone with any 'agro'.

'You cant port into instances'

so, just double checking. If im inside scholomance, and i ask my warlock to summon me, my lock and 2dps etc click the portal. I currently have 'Accept summon' bar available for 2 minutes. I hearth to kargath, duel my Alliance account shadow priest, mind control, tab over to my 3 alliance paladins (fuck it im hardcore) and buff seperate blessing of wisdom, salvation, and kings, then accept the summon (thats still got about 45 seconds left easy) back to scholomance, that wont work?

Is there a script in place to cancel out the summon upon hearthing? What if i /script stuck(). Does that work? Is this server allowing the free hearth? that bug i dont mind. but i wouldnt cry to see it go.

I have no idea if anyone did the paladin buff glitch horde side in retail vanilla. I personally was a scrub back then that barely saw molten core. but yes, i would imagine someone with enough personal investment to purchase an extra 2-3 solely for the ability of gaining the upper hand. The mechanics would have been the same, mind control worked, and you could clearly buff a targets pet 'ie Mind control victim'

I will keep trying to think of other bugs, i know i have more complaints about ED somewhere.

For the Chromaggus thing. I never raided Chrom here, I can only test it on the test server for you. At the moment I am at work though :)

Priest T2, nah the heal seemed just fine when I last tried it.

Yes, you can't accept the port anymore then. Not sure if it drops entirely while zoning or if it just takes no effect. Either way, it won't work.

Free hearthing does not work here. You get a port every 1 h. If you really happen to get stuck somewhere (very unlikely) you have to ask a warlock to port you out. Maybe Chero will implement the correct unstuck function, but that may lead to exploitation.

To the paladin thing. I know for certain that you could BoP flag carriers to make them drop the flag. This was fixed in TBC? Not sure when though. So if you were able to cast BoP on an enemy player, I see no reason why other blessings wouldn't work.

I did a video of server first Chrommy kill from Kronos 2, so watch it and tell me if it's okay :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H04XgY1dZw

As for the meleeing through walls and objects bug, it was possible on Kronos 2 and it was already fixed for reopening, featured in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HU0UyZ8ntCo#t=64 (you can see the autoattack stop and Mortal Strike giving "target not in line of sight" error)

NPCs stop their casting when you run out of sight. NPCs also reposition to be able to cast again, featured here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pO7geZF8SQ8#t=106

There should be a pooling system for every herb in the future, so even black lotuses should spawn randomly at any herb's location.

We are slowly fixing all the Tier bonuses, so even Priest will get checked :smile: edit: oh okay, then Lharts already checked it.

Currently you cannot be summoned into another map, which means yes, you can't get summoned inside scholomance or BWL from Kargath for example. But you can step outside of the Scholo portal, perform the summoning there and then it would work. And yes, even the buffing via Mind Control would work. Question is, should something be done about it? I agree it's kind of extreme, but legit way of buffing.

Offtopic: I always thought that horde does not want pallys https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nCem2c_apoM#t=84 :biggrin: /Offtopic

Stuck is disabled completely. Hearth has a 1 hour cooldown as usual. Summon is not cancelled upon hearthing at the moment.

PS: and you cannot BoP the mindcontrolled flag carrier, it gives an error here on Kronos. Damn, I only got to use that trick once before Chero fixed it back on Kronos 2 :tongue:

Last edited:
And yes, even the buffing via Mind Control would work. Question is, should something be done about it? I agree it's kind of extreme, but legit way of buffing.

Make the buff that originates from mind controling other players (not NPCS !!!) only 2 min duration max. Problem solved - still usefull for PvP, can't exploit for PvE.

Even thoug I understand the reason behind the "fix" I think he should leave it as it was on retail. If it was possible to BoP (bless in general) a mind controller target it should be possible here too.

You're chromag kill appears to be 100% working as intended.

But only because the attempt to glitch it in the manner i am speaking was never attempted, and could absolutely still be an issue imo.

There shouldn't be way for MT to avoid Chromaggus breathes.
Obviously melees shouldn't be able to atack him without LoS as well.

Top Bottom