• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggestion of possible bug

I already asked Chero whether they need more test players but I didn't get a response. So I guess they have enough ;)
If I get some more idea about often happening buggs I will just post them here and hope for response from other test players and helping out with infos on buggs where they are needed.

There was dungeon resetting bug on some servers. For example.

There is should be raid group, even in 5ppl dungeon, to avoid leaving party after logout. If some1 have alt, he can bring it to dungeon, come inside and logout near entrance, so all other 5 members can do dungeon in 5 man. When they're killed last boss, or any other, whole group use logout. When all in group is offline, the 1 who stay near entrance come online again, he's going outside of dungeon, resetting it with macros "/script ResetInstances()", enter dungeon again and logout near entrance. After that, whole group comes online and stay at same places they're logged out, but with resetted instance.

This can be done with min 2 ppl, 1 near entrance and the 1 is killing stuff.

I am worried about something and i cant find evidence and there is only one thing left: watching videos.

This is what im worried about:
Currently, while you open a chest you can loot a corpse that lies besides the chest and the opening of the chest doesnt break.
Same with casting a spell. Looting corpse while casting a spell on a mob and the spell doesnt break.

i feel like this is a bug, because casting a spell and beeing able to move down to loot the corpse at the same time sounds bad to me and doesnt really make sense, because the character animation changes and the casting/opening should break.

Does anyone have some ideas about this whether its right or wrong, with evidence or whatever. Also please comment if you agree to this or even remember how it was from the past or even current wow patch.

Hope we can find something about this.

In Short:
Looting while opening Chest should break the opening.
Looting while casting Spell should break the casting.

Last edited:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_0.6
Abilities now cost less energy if they miss or are blocked.

I am looking for Rogue vanilla videos that show these situations, to see what happens with Combopoints and Energy (Losing Combopoints? Energy cost?):

1. missed Eviscerate
  2. dodged Eviscerate
  3. dodged Backstab
  4. dodged Sinister Strike
  5. parried Sinister Strike
  6. resisted Kidney shot

Corrupt Nightmare X
Mage Iceblock -> he spams Backstab and only loses like 20% of the energy for it.

As far as I tested the system for energy and rage loss is already in place and working. Same goes for combo points.

1. missed Eviscerate -> lose energy and combo points
  2. dodged Eviscerate -> keep points and 80% of energy (here I am not sure, might lose pts too)
  3. dodged Backstab -> lose 20% energy and add combo point
  4. dodged Sinister Strike -> same here
  5. parried Sinister Strike -> same here
  6. resisted Kidney shot -> lose all cp and energy

I can go through all my rogue movies to confirm this.

Corrupt Nightmare X
Mage Iceblock -> he spams Backstab and only loses like 20% of the energy for it.

As far as I tested the system for energy and rage loss is already in place and working. Same goes for combo points.

1. missed Eviscerate -> lose energy and combo points
  2. dodged Eviscerate -> keep points and 80% of energy (here I am not sure, might lose pts too)
  3. dodged Backstab -> lose 20% energy and add combo point
  4. dodged Sinister Strike -> same here
  5. parried Sinister Strike -> same here
  6. resisted Kidney shot -> lose all cp and energy

I can go through all my rogue movies to confirm this.

Can you confirm if random chance CC shares it's own seperate DRs from on command CC?

Ex: mages impact talent, priest blackout, mace specialization, unstoppable force, do not trigger DRs on abilities like cheap shot, etc? I can find sources if it doesn't work that way currently.

Basicaly, all long CCs have heartbeat resist chance and short CCs have shared Diminishing Returns. So Blackout will trigger stun DR and Then Cheap Shot duration will be halved.

Basicaly, all long CCs have heartbeat resist chance and short CCs have shared Diminishing Returns. So Blackout will trigger stun DR and Then Cheap Shot duration will be halved.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.9.0

For your ease of looking, control-F "stun" and scroll through to see the affected abilities. Upon second reading it sounds stupidly fucking overpowered since the effects don't diminish, but its "blizzlike".

What is currently the average time for a CC like polymorph, sap, etc to break on the test server? It was shortened to 12 seconds in TBC, but appears to be longer 15+ seconds in vanilla, or full duration (engineering, will look for examples counter to statement later).

re: engineering

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.11.0

"The Reckless Charge effect of the Rocket Helmet early. This is to maintain consistency with all other effects that take control away from a player (Sheep, Stun, Hibernate, etc...)"

Still curious about average CC duration on the kronos test server though.

Last edited:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.11.0

Grenades and Mortars now are set to use the "Controlled Stun" mechanic so using grenades in conjunction with other stuns (such as Hammer of Justice) may give you diminishing returns.

A player is now much more likely to break out of the The Reckless Charge effect of the Rocket Helmet early. This is to maintain consistency with all other effects that take control away from a player (Sheep, Stun, Hibernate, etc...). This change only affects players, there is no change in using it against monsters.

Just to add another couple CC to check. I know most other private servers have you sit the whole 30sec duration of a rocket helm which appears to be incorrect for 1.12.

As i've sayed, all "Long" CCs (like sheep, sap, etc.) have Heartbeat resist chance which means that stun shows you full duration (40s for example) but you can break free any time (it can be after 6 sec if you are lucky or 20 sec if you are unlucky). Anything more than 15 sec is bad luck, but it may happen that you will be sapped for 25 sec.

About the helmet, i think that it also have Heartbeat resist chance, but i'm not sure about that.

If you are in group in instance whit "group loot" mode and you won an object but yours bags are full, everybody can loot your object (Emerald Dream true story). Check this bug please.

Clickable quest items on other servers can be clicked through walls, if they are close enough to be in range. Humble Beginnings, a quest from Baros Alexston in Stormwind, leads to finding A Simple Compass in a house in Westfall. The armoire that holds the quest item can be clicked through the house wall instead of having to fight the NPCs inside the house.

Ships underwater are also commonly exploited like this.

The correct behavior should be, that if you can rotate your camera to actualy see what you want to loot, then you can click on it.

One thing come up to my mind lately and it's with Elemental Sharpening Stone. If you have it on your weapon and you switch it to the other where you don't have one, your spellbook will show smaller crit chance, i am not sure if you really have less crit or it's just visual bug in spellbook. I never tested it fully on ED since i am not raiding anymore and for pvp i use only + weapon dmg stones. If somebody can test it out that it is working as it should.

Last edited:
yea its really 0% crit visual and "practical". tried this with full t3 rogue. after relog i got the visual and "practical" effect back.
-no crits with the visual 0% crit.
-a lot of crits after relog.
its already been reported, lets hope it will be fixed before people uses this item.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=627

One thing come up to my mind lately and it's with Elemental Sharpening Stone. If you have it on your weapon and you switch it to the other where you don't have one, your spellbook will show smaller crit chance, i am not sure if you really have less crit or it's just visual bug in spellbook. I never tested it fully on ED since i am not raiding anymore and for pvp i use only + weapon dmg stones. If somebody can test it out that it is working as it should.

You really did have less crit. Everytime you unequipped a weapon with a +2% crit stone you'd lose 4% crit, all the way down to 0%.

Chat channels don't work properly on other servers. User-created channels are often dropped, especially on client disconnects. /chat commands (/chatwho, etc) also don't work.

The correct behavior should be, that if you can rotate your camera to actualy see what you want to loot, then you can click on it.

yeah, you're most likely correct on this. but wouldnt that be client side?

Actually, that behavior is not correct either. I remember that you could complete a quest in Alterac Mountains looting the item you needed for it through the wall without even seeing it, avoiding almost all elites around.

On Valkyrie, mobs respawn and aggro instantly, dragging the player into combat before the mob is visible. On retail, there was a grace period before the new mob would aggro--I couldn't say exactly how long it was: perhaps 2 or 3 seconds?

Top Bottom