• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Talisman of Binding Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

helbringer

This is a very cool item and i dont see why not include it :). Will this be available at launch and will it always be available? Also any information on the other removed legendary like the warrior 1hand? :laugh:
28557.jpg

The item itself was a mistake by blizzard back then and only 1 player ever found it which blizzard allowed him to keep, they removed it soon after it had dropped tho.

there would be no reason in implementing something that never was intended, that would be like adding the "martin fury" that they also added by a mistake although that wasnt a drop but a restore gone wrong,

I see why you are so interrested in it but sorry to say it should never have been seen by players.

This server is a pure 1.12.1 edition that they fix up, not a fun server where they add in custom stuff :wink:

Kronos is trying to be 1.12 with as little changes as possible. I believe you've read http://www.wowwiki.com/Talisman_of_Binding_Shard? So I'm sure the answer is no.

I, however, see no problem if such an item would be available on Kronos with 0,00001% drop chance. It'd be very funny feature. Especially if Chero would remove it from game after the first loot just like Blizzards did :)

Damn dude.... Really? Really?

This was a one time ever drop. The DEVs decided to change what was needed to get Thunderfury (sword). It first required this item and an unknown thought also to be equip-able item. They feared some would prefer these over the sword, so they changed it to the left and right binding. On that patch, somebody forgot to remove the other two legendary items for the loot table.

This dropped and DEVs said "oh shit". The 2:00am hot fix restart removed this neck and the other unknown legendary counter part from the loot tables. The warrior who got this neck was aloud to keep it.

It will not be in Kronos, as it was not in 1.12.1. Thunderfury (sword never went anywhere in Vanilla) is obtailable.

If u want this item then go to nostalrius. They will have it like retail did. It will drop once then they will remove it. I Highly doubt Kronos will add it they are going 1.12.1

Last edited:
they also have the whole 1.4 item thing going on, wich if im quite hones dunno how they are planning to pull off, the differance in t2.5 , t3 and old pre raid and t1,r14 items is going to be insane.:blink:

they also have the whole 1.4 item thing going on, wich if im quite hones dunno how they are planning to pull off, the differance in t2.5 , t3 and old pre raid and t1,r14 items is going to be insane.:blink:

They will update the tier 1 stats to 1.12 when later content gets released. So they will have the same stats kronos will.

Kronos will raid Molten core with 1.12 stats on the gear Nostalrius with pre 1.4 stats. But i belive they will both raid AQ40 and Naxx with 1.12 stats. Dont know on what content release the stats will be upgraded on notalrius

If u want this item then go to nostalrius. They will have it like retail did. It will drop once then they will remove it. I Highly doubt Kronos will add it they are going 1.12.1

Seriously? That is ridiculous. The obsession with "blizzlike" is disturbing.

Are they also gonna let paladins stack infinite reckbombs and not fix it until the first paladin 1-shots a world boss?...

tumblr_mj9ivqTHJK1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Its a good effort. I commend them for giving it a shot. But I can't help but feel like they are wasting resources on something that is essentially a marketing ploy. The stats of a few items will not make that much of a difference in raids, especially when talents, mechanics, spells and consumables (as well as player experience) will not have changed. I would much rather their effort go towards bug fixing and the like then the tedious task of changing the stats of items in each patch as they go through.

Nonetheless it is a good effort, I just wish they didn't do it half way...but went the full shebang.

Blizzlike...
That word alone triggers me.

What does it stand for?
'Like' is not 'Equal'! So anything close to original wow is blizzlike. 100% 'like' = 100% almost as.

On the item change. I find it pointless. You create a game that never existed. It as far from beeim "blizzlike" as it can get. If you want to go back in time you need to change all aspects and not just the gear -> pointless

This forum is probably as friendly as it can get. For a gamers forum.

I wonder.. what original source they used for the stats of these 1.4 items...?

Its a good effort. I commend them for giving it a shot. But I can't help but feel like they are wasting resources on something that is essentially a marketing ploy. The stats of a few items will not make that much of a difference in raids, especially when talents, mechanics, spells and consumables (as well as player experience) will not have changed.

This. Since the talents and that are the same, MC wont even be harder. Seems like people have this view of it that it will make the game 100x harder. It won't, like Struckd said, it's just a marketing ploy.

If you think about it, in the real world, the success of a service/item is heavily dependent on it's marketing, so even if it doesn't impact the functionality, it's still necessary, or worth investing effort into. Also that's why many people requested Kronos to create the hype videos (damn I hate that word...), because people know, that good marketing is important.

Partially true.
False advertisement can attract customers, but it can also backfire pretty damn hard.

Online games are the best example for this.

I don't disagree with you Szabinger. Good marketing is important...there are many other effective ways to do so without the need to change a part of the game or invest so much time into doing so. Though I see where you are coming from...to be something other then 'another' 1.12 server, even though they might be have the highest quality server around, they do need to do something different in order to get attention. Its just a shame its into something that requires much more resources for little or no gain to gameplay...other then pre-raid BiS item configuration (different dungeons are going to be run more compared to their 1.12 counterparts)

If they were to go that step further and change spells and talents as well. Then thats it I am sold. But at this moment in time I feel their efforts would be best left in making a more solid server experience rather then a marketing gimmick. Moreover, I can't help but agree with Lharts to some degree...they are creating a game that never existed (Beyond that of just changing the price of a respec cost).

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you Szabinger. Good marketing is important...there are many other effective ways to do so without the need to change a part of the game or invest so much time into doing so. Though I see where you are coming from...to be something other then 'another' 1.12 server, even though they might be have the highest quality server around, they do need to do something different in order to get attention. Its just a shame its into something that requires much more resources for little or no gain to gameplay...other then pre-raid BiS item configuration (different dungeons are going to be run more compared to their 1.12 counterparts)

If they were to go that step further and change spells and talents as well. Then thats it I am sold. But at this moment in time I feel their efforts would be best left in making a more solid server experience rather then a marketing gimmick. Moreover, I can't help but agree with Lharts to some degree...they are creating a game that never existed (Beyond that of just changing the price of a respec cost).

Couldn't agree more, if they go all in 1.4 thats something else ,and would be amazing...but what they are doint now just makes no sense and is just plain stupid.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Hmm you are right, but there isn't much you can change. Of course for the full experience, they should change talents and spells, but that's restricted because of the client. I say we should wait and see, how much does it impact the game play, and does it impact it in a good or bad way. I can easily imagine that it will just mess things up, but it can add a little more difficulty to the raids, and since people on both forums are heavily discussing the difficulty of the raids, specifically MC, it could be a welcomed change.

Also it's almost the same with the 10g respec cost on Kronos, in the way, that both servers are trying to change the flavor of the vanilla experience, just a bit, that it won't be the same old dance. So I'm really looking forward to actually try both servers and judge them by my own experience, even though the mentioned changes will mostly affect the endgame : )

Blizzlike...

What does it stand for?
'Like' is not 'Equal'! So anything close to original wow is blizzlike. 100% 'like' = 100% almost as.

On the item change. I find it pointless. You create a game that never existed. It as far from beeim "blizzlike" as it can get. If you want to go back in time you need to change all aspects and not just the gear -> pointless

Finally someone who recognises that!

Indeed both servers are trying their own thing. What I meant with the "beyond that of changing that price of the repec cost" was changing the stats of items takes it a step further then simply capping the price of respec.

Blizzlike...

What does it stand for?

Blizzlike at least for me means... Everything works just like on blizzard server (at the patch given)... From lvl 1 to lvl 60. No custom modifications implementations to reputation gains xp gains gold drops gains pace of lvling... Pace of riding doing BGz. Blizzlike = everything is untouched and made to work just like blizzard intended it to work.
People find private servers very much unattractive because they're badly done 80% stuff doesn't work and everything is buggy glitchy and modified. Here's to hoping that kronos will be blizzlike and we all will be drowning in our sweet nostalgia. :)

I hate the word blizzlike, but what I expect from it, that everything works, no bugs. Other customizations don't bother me.

I don't want to start another debate on what blizzlike means. But I will just say this, I am with you Dzon...neither server is blizzlike, any customisation that differs from retail immediately removes the blizzlike label for me (even though that definition doesn't quite work for the word Blizzlike, I am using the definition as 'exactly the same', despite 'like' in the word).

I hate the word blizzlike, but what I expect from it, that everything works, no bugs. Other customizations don't bother me.

For me its game mechanics and bosses. This way PvP is in its true state aswell as raiding. Thats all I am asking of a server.
Any convenient change is acceptable, or at least discussable, I guess.

I think it's funny that people complain about this "blizzlike" stuff or lack of it, but forget that Blizzard changed a lot of shit from Vanilla BECAUSE IT SUCKED. (not Vanilla, the things that were wrong with it)

If you can count the amount of things on one hand that are strictly not the same as the original, I think a server is doing pretty damn good.

They're doing more than just item modifications, they're reducing total debuffs from 16 to 8 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom