• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Talisman of Binding Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The change will force guilds to control and organize their debuffs.

How is reducing raid dps on a ten year old game horrible?

Hey man, if that's what you're into.

It's just weird to me. Trying to recreate Vanilla at it's very beginning with things like an 8 debuff limit. But then having 1.12.1 talents. It's an odd patchwork that seems utterly pointless to me.

But again, if that's what floats your boat, have at it!

The are changing that limit to be more akin with patch 1.4. In all honesty the item stat changes will not make much difference to how difficult a raid will be. What will make a difference is that 8 debuff limit, that is going to start making MC a lot more challenging. I can already see some issues if someone starts overwriting sunders...juicy raid drama. It is a change that I like.

Last edited:

Guilds already controlled their debuffs. Hunters and others got yelled at the moment their buff got put on bosses and took away that hard earned rend.

This does not fix a the more important of the two problems. However, it does try to fix one.

How is it weird or horrible? I don't understand all this malice and lack of reasoning behind these blanket statements. Do all guilds have control over debuffs? No, most the hardcore raiding guilds will prioritize debuffs. Maybe the debuff limit is an attack on scrub guilds.

TBH we in Kronos don't have much to criticize if we don't fix our house first. For instance cash shop and respec costs.

But what grinds my gears is the reasoning given that it's blizzlike. I don't remember if the admins there advertise it like that, but players certainly do. When in reality what the server does is exact opposite of blizzlike. Those features would be fine as is, I think I'd enjoy them because IMO blizzlike shouldn't necessarily be the end. The original game (patch 1.12 in this case) can certainly be improved upon. I just hate that false advertising.

At least Kronos do not make that stupid claim except for example people sometimes tell respec costs increase pvp activity and therefore is in the "spirit of vanilla", but that is stupid logic anyway and best to be ignored.

But these added with this talisman business... feels like a caricatural theme park version of WoW. This is what happens when you learn about vanilla in patch notes and nostalgia threads.

I will have to agree with Lexander. I do admire what Nos is trying to accomplish...but in essence they are creating a game that never existed. Before announcing the 8 debuff limit, changing the items stats of pre-raid BiS gear would not have made much of a difference to the difficulty of MC or BWL. Espeically when talents, spells, mechanics (apart from debuff limit), consumables and player experience will not have changed. They are running 1.12 with essences of 1.4 (and soon to be other patches), something that has never existed before.

I am glad they changed the debuff limit to 8, that will definitely have a much larger impact then changing the stats on items.

Kronos and Nos both aim for the same thing. An ' as close as possible' retail vanilla blizzlike experience. Lexander made a post perviously that I think sums it up quite nicely.

Hm, I've already made walls of text explaining my opinion more in detail so I'll just try summing it up here. I'll address the more general outlook of the servers, not their level of technical polishing.

According to my analysis (even if it's a very vague science), the two projects both have slightly different core philosophies that attract different kinds of people, so the two communities aren't the same. Nostalrius and their so-called ''authentic progressive vanilla experience'' seek to recreate 100% Blizzlike (which is IMO both impossible and impractical), whereas Kronos and some of its features (10g respec to encourage people PvPing, low lvl BG queuing at innkeepers, Character Auctions for funding (even if that really isn't much)) show that its devs are more pragmatic. In the end, Nostalrius mostly attracts the elitist and dogmatically purist sort whereas Kronos people view issues more objectively and pragmatically, and seem to favour a more relaxed type of gameplay.

There is a reason why its great to have 2 quality vanilla servers. It can only be beneficial for the vanilla community as a whole. A single server will never be able to cater to the needs of the masses, thats why its great to have a choice between 2 servers with different aims but the same high standard quality experience.

TBH we in Kronos don't have much to criticize if we don't fix our house first. For instance cash shop and respec costs.

But what grinds my gears is the reasoning given that it's blizzlike. I don't remember if the admins there advertise it like that, but players certainly do. When in reality what the server does is exact opposite of blizzlike. Those features would be fine as is, I think I'd enjoy them because IMO blizzlike shouldn't necessarily be the end. The original game (patch 1.12 in this case) can certainly be improved upon. I just hate that false advertising.

As far as I know the devs have not advertised it as 'blizzlike', you can't blame the team for something the community is doing on their own regards. In terms of 'fix our house first' - you named two things that the majority of the Kronos community support. There are still many things that need fixing, those two items aren't one of them.

At least Kronos do not make that stupid claim except for example people sometimes tell respec costs increase pvp activity and therefore is in the "spirit of vanilla", but that is stupid logic anyway and best to be ignored.

The only time where I have seen a feature being claimed to increase pvp activity is the bg queue from any innkeeper feature. The respec cost is just a quality of life improvement to allow for more flexibility between PvE and PvP...might increase pvp activity? Who knows, that was never the claim. The whole point is to allow more people to have the freedom to test builds, have fun, and be useful in an aspect of the game if they want to, without incurring a massive penalty to their bank account.

Last edited:
There is a reason why its great to have 2 quality vanilla servers. It can only be beneficial for the vanilla community as a whole. A single server will never be able to cater to the needs of the masses, thats why its great to have a choice between 2 servers with different aims but the same high standard quality experience.

In a fantasy world everything is possible. In our world one of the servers isn't a high standard server and most likely not of the same quality as the other one.

As far as I know the devs have not advertised it as 'blizzlike', you can't blame the team for something the community is doing on their own regards.

Ok. I won't.

In terms of 'fix our house first' - you named two things that the majority of the Kronos community support. There are still many things that need fixing, those two items aren't one of them.

Those are among the main reasons used when people talk in Reddit why not to join Kronos. Anyway, the point was if we are going to pick them on their unique features, we should be looking at mirror first. That I'm against those is purely incidental. I'm sure nerfed items and what other shit they pull gets their community's support.

The respec cost is just a quality of life improvement to allow for more flexibility between PvE and PvP...might increase pvp activity? Who knows, that was never the claim.

"That was never the claim", when it in fact is a claim. Just saying. I'm not going to rummage old threads. Or are you saying THE one and true and most pure claim? K.

Indeed, it was not the one true claim. The feature was not introduced with the intention of increasing PvP activity, it was later stated that is may increase pvp activity but that it was not the reason the lower respec cost was introduced.

It may work for them.. If they have implemented fully working debuff limit system with priorities. If they just caped debuffs at 16 (8), then this will be terible fail.

Edit: To Struckd - I sadly was not able to find old FAQ thread, but there was, from the begining, stated, that respec cap will be 10g and we hope that it will increase PvP activity.

In future, there was also statement, that if it won't affect PvP activity at all, it may be changed back to 50g.

Last edited:
Oh! fair enough, I took my claim from recent discussion. Well like Fact said then, it is not guaranteed to have that desired result. Nonetheless it is better to try and see if it will incur more activity, better to try and fail then not try at all.

Those are among the main reasons used when people talk in Reddit why not to join Kronos.

I think it's mainly because some people dont care to understand how the auction works. I'd rather play on a server that I know can pay for good protection, than to play on a server where I would just hope their servers will sustain attacks. Just my 2 cents

wowoow, i just wondered if they would implement some unharmful legendary item, i dont mind if they dont, just curious. Guys stop the hate and stop arguing about everything xD

The point of forums is to argue. Express, debate, discuss. It would be pretty bland if we just all agreed with each other.

I think it's mainly because some people dont care to understand how the auction works. I'd rather play on a server that I know can pay for good protection, than to play on a server where I would just hope their servers will sustain attacks. Just my 2 cents

Except according to people in that auction thread here, they are so rare when it fits their argument it can't help to pay for protection. Go figure...

Except according to people in that auction thread here, they are so rare when it fits their argument it can't help to pay for protection. Go figure...

These are not the only things you can buy, you got vanity items too.

I suppose when you would like to buy the character and as you said they are rare, many people would donate for character earlier and wait for character auction to pop.

So while those auctions are rare it doesn't mean no one will donate for them.

Just off topic.. Why thread
[h=2]Talisman of Binding Shard[/h]have turned to another Character Auction topic?

Just off topic.. Why thread
Talisman of Binding Shard

have turned to another Character Auction topic?

I think it shows, that it's still a controversial topic, and people haven't come to a decision/conclusion in themselves.

We never denied they'll be rare. But even if they are, it's just a small plus that will contribute to the server funding, a drop that'll contribute to making the ocean healthy. It's more a question of principles, really.

Honestly, I'm torn between two sides. On one hand, practical thinking tells me the CAs should be removed since they seem to scare off some ppl and feed the propaganda, yet on the other, removing them would be like giving credit to the anti-CA arguments, which generally make no sense.*

The thing is, even if they were removed, you could count on anti-Kronos people to keep labelling the server as P2W and influencing others. Though I guess the damage would be less important.

*To me at least, because after looking into some arguments I realize it really is mostly about the psychological and moral consequences of seeing some rare people buy characters rather than the practical effects. If you can't stand someone taking a shortcut to have a lvl 60 while you spent months lvling, you'll obviously dislike the auction system. For me personally, I'm the slowest lvler and gearer you can imagine, after about a year and a half on ED I don't even have pre-raid BiS. Yet I'm not going to be personally bothered by seeing one person having bought a character from someone. Nevertheless, I do understand the anti-auction sentiment.

Last edited:
I think it shows, that it's still a controversial topic, and people haven't come to a decision/conclusion in themselves.

A "controversial" topic brought up by 2 individuals all the time. You are such an aweful troll.

Okey, I think the OP's question was already answered, and the last pages are the same old sh... song again sung by the same people. Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom