• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Made a decision yet?

Any other way to get an estimate over the different playerbases? Was thinking about comparing forum activity, but since twinstar is hosting 3 more servers that doesnt work either.

You could try comparing the traffic of Kronos-wow.com and Nostalrius.org on similarweb.com...but I doubt it will yield the results you are looking for.

If playerbase numbers are what really matters to you I suggest waiting for both servers to open to see the true numbers.

Edit: Beaten to the punch

Abit worried

Yo

As everyone else im pretty damn stoked for this server to release too! But, i have one concern.
I, for one, does not like to wait, and I dont think you do either.
So with Nostalrius up in about a week from now, what will make me, you and other people choose kronos over nos?
The two basically seem to have the same level of detail and polish, so if one launches before the other...i honestly see no reason to leave the first just to get the exact same experience!

Im not complaining/fanboing or anything like that, im just curious. I think the vanilla community should be united under one server instead of many.

cheers!

Re: Abit worried

Sad enough to see someone fall for them. Try Kronos on the open beta and then check their "release", if you honestly think they have the "same level of detail and polish". *flies away cleaving mates on nostalrius*

I'll echo what everyone else has said. We haven't seen any concrete evidence that they are going to apply the same level of polish as in the showcase videos. What we have seen from the beta tests of is the ability to fix bugs and fix them quickly in a dungeon and battleground environment. We have seen little else. For me, releasing first is not a good enough reason to invest my time in one over the other. What if a month down the line their late game dungeons severely lack in polish compared to the other?

The videos they have released are interesting. Some of them are decent fixes, but many of the fixes shown in the video are pretty lackluster...lets take the most recent one for example...if you play on Vengeance when it first released (as stock mangos) Pyrewood Village was already working perfectly, yet Nos made an entire video of it? - when it should already be in working order. Same with a few videos regarding dungeons fixes...door now open correctly even after you log in and out again? That kind of thing is even fixed on the Feenix server when it was first released.

The point I am getting that is what we have seen from Nos is good, its progress, but its nothing to lose your hat over. That can be applied to a few things Kronos has released as well...but I can safely say I have been more impressed with the showcased fixes of Kronos more then I have of Nos.

In the end will that determine what server is of higher quality? Most likely not. The case might be that both servers are well polished and may lack in some areas but make up in others. Either way that wasn't the question you asked. In the end, why MIGHT I pick Kronos over Nos.
  • Transparency
    • We know how Kronos makes money and how it plans to support the server
    • We know exactly who each member of the team is and what their role is (Nos just points out it rocks 16 devs, we only see evidence of who they might be when they post on the forums...even then we know nothing about them...apart from Viper, I think I remember reading hes a family man?)
    • Bug/Script issues and fixes via bugtracker. We are told what bugs were fixed on Nos but nothing else.
  • Mechanics
    • Kronos has shown many impressive play mechanics through the videos all working as intended as well as many impressive working engineering items. I can't say I have seen what mechanics work/do not work from Nos...apart for LoS. Its not all about mobs able to move in a big circle around a map or dungeons work almost flawlessly. If the way you play is slightly broken, that spoils everything else you attempt to do.
  • Forums
    • Its a silly reason but since I have invested a lot of my time on both forums, I have made it a reason. Kronos forums are simply more pleasant to post on in terms of features/usability/visually. Moreover I can quite easily say the Nos forums reminds me a bit of imgur/9gag and the like with the amount of memes posted on each forum thread. Don't get me wrong, it happens here to, but much less frequent...then again that kind of posting has more to do with individuals then the actual server...so its a moot point.

There are a few other reasons, but its 3am, I just got back home and I can't think past going to bed so good night!

I will add this. I do plan on playing on both, and I will test the kind of experience I will have on both. But I do already have a decent impression of Kronos over Nos for the reasons above. Its just left to see which will provide a better experience. If both are exactly the same? Well you have read my reasons so you probably know which way I will roll. I hope this helps to answer you question!

Last edited:

Are these threads even allowed?
I just can tell you, they're not on the same level.
Why? People which played on both know it & wrote about it.
These (sadly the most) which didn't play on both can't even write things like that.

Just wait till 27.2.15 and you'll see.

I´m basing it *of from what ive heard/read/vids etc. If kronos is better, in what ways specifically? Like what bugs does nos have that kronos dont?

and btw guys, why are you going into a defensive position when a possible community member is asking honest questions about the server? thats not a good way to get new people to join..

The thing is Kos, there any many new people on both sides, and this is a question is basically beating a dead horse at this point. I'm pretty new to the site and have not parroted the question and honestly I would understand anyones' frustration at having to answer the same question every week. Read around on the forums, you'll get some knowledge and a feel for the community too.
Bottom line is that few have had a chance to dip their feet in both Kro and Nos, if you don't want to take their word for it fine, but the rest of information we give is strictly observation and speculation. Like everyone else, you'll have to wait and perhaps have to do some information gathering yourself.

Last edited:

So with Nostalrius up in about a week from now, what will make me, you and other people choose kronos over nos?

Personally, I am hoping for a visible difference in both servers' quality of scripting. By the time the competition releases, Kronos will be up and running, so that every open-minded person can check it out and get amazed by stuff they've likely never experienced on a private server before. By this time, they will also know Kronos' exact launch date, so they'll know how much longer would they have to wait for.
If people's experience during the first days of the other one fails in comparison to Kronos, they may just decide to wait the few extra days. Provided they're not sheep. Addicted sheep. Whether they are, or not, that is an opinion you have to make on your own and I see no point in arguing either way.

It would also help if Kronos got at least half the advertising on N******** forums as N******** gets here. To make sure people know about the beta release and the final launch date. Just sayin'.

Hm, I've already made walls of text explaining my opinion more in detail so I'll just try summing it up here. I'll address the more general outlook of the servers, not their level of technical polishing.

According to my analysis (even if it's a very vague science), the two projects both have slightly different core philosophies that attract different kinds of people, so the two communities aren't the same. Nostalrius and their so-called ''authentic progressive vanilla experience'' seek to recreate 100% Blizzlike (which is IMO both impossible and impractical), whereas Kronos and some of its features (10g respec to encourage people PvPing, low lvl BG queuing at innkeepers, Character Auctions for funding (even if that really isn't much)) show that its devs are more pragmatic. In the end, Nostalrius mostly attracts the elitist and dogmatically purist sort whereas Kronos people view issues more objectively and pragmatically, and seem to favour a more relaxed type of gameplay.

Now, you might say ''god you're pulling that out of your ass'' - the answer is no. I've noticed a lot of differences in the bulk of threads you see on both forums, or of how similar threads cause distinct reactions : compare Kronos's Roleplaying thread with Nostalrius's. While I never really RPed, there's a reason I always rolled on RP realms on retail : it reflects on the community. Also, compare their view on character auctions. Compare the fact Kronos is seriously considering the low lvl BG queuing at innkeepers whereas Nost never even considered it.

Sure it's a very vague analysis. You'll meet hardcore purists here and you'll meet relaxed lore nerds or RPers on Nost as well. But it's still the general image the server gives, and the general attitude of the people you'll talk to on the forums. Because of it I've gotten to like people on the forums here, whereas on Nost... Yeah, I'm not really interested in a forum where the RP thread afore mentionned gets considerably less positive responses than one called ''lf elitist guild EU''.

Besides, I'm playing vanilla because its game model is more similar to my personal ideal, not because I believe vanilla was perfect in every way (it was, by far, not). So IMO one must be ready to accept some minor changes to make a good server, and the devs/community on Kronos seems much more opened to it than Nost.

EDIT: UGH I did a f**** wall of text even if I said I wouldn't make one -__- Oh well, there goes 10 minutes or more of studying

Dont understand the bashing off other private servers. Let him play kronos or nostalrius stop bashing still make us look bad.

Dont understand the bashing off other private servers. Let him play kronos or nostalrius stop bashing still make us look bad.

Son, if you think this is bashing you clearly haven't been to /r/wowservers/

I can recall countless times when i wanted to throw my PC through the window and jump after it when SCREEN FREEZE happened. When i saw no mention of it been repaired on Nos i was sold.

Last edited:

Is this confirmed? I didn't plan on playing on Nos anyways but if it's confirmed I'm doubly sold on Kronos.

Its not, atleast i have not seen any post about it only people who wants it.

Simply answer...Dont line ppl on Nost...here is more frendy.Be coz of that ill play here :winkiss:

will choose based on quality, yet I somehow can't imagine, why would Nos NOT show anything in their vids, if they got some cool scripting and shi#t, so yeah.. kronos..

Nostalrius and their so-called ''authentic progressive vanilla experience'' seek to recreate 100% Blizzlike (which is IMO both impossible and impractical

Could not agree more, I've been thinking the same thing. I think the whole concept sounds very clumsy and impractical, and that is not how you want to start your fragile vanilla server. WoW had a very rocky and messy beginning - I can't imagine why anyone would want to go through that again. I think most people want to experience the finals days of vanilla WoW, when it was at its best.

This is one of the reasons why Kronos will come out on top, combined with their, like you said, more pragmatic way of dealing with things - like the awesome 10g respec change, and other small things. And let's not forget the better scripting, the twinstar backing, etc. It just seems like a more solid server to me.

Don't feed the trolls! Or in this case, nos shills.

It speaks volumes that they feel the need to invade our forums while we don't even bother with theirs.

It speaks volumes that they feel the need to invade our forums while we don't even bother with theirs.

Not necessarily, I'm having doubts from time to time as well. No one would like to discover that after reaching level 60, suddenly a server one chose is worse.

Also I'm visiting their forums out of curiosity, for comparing and sometimes pure entertainment (reading Kronos disses, some of them - gold)

And who is that? or are just spreading hate?

Not necessarily, I'm having doubts from time to time as well. No one would like to discover that after reaching level 60, suddenly a server one chose is worse.

Also I'm visiting their forums out of curiosity, for comparing and sometimes pure entertainment (reading Kronos disses, some of them - gold)

I enjoy reading on the Nos forum. Seriously, it reminds me of 9gag with all those memes., and Grizzly trolling their forums :)

And who is that? or are just spreading hate?

There have been quite a few posters muted for spreading hate and yelling Nos positive posts. There were quite a few on the day Kronos announced the beta release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom