• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Made a decision yet?

From the Nostalrius forum:
"Only reason kronos is pushing for a release is because of Nos coming out the 28th lol, Progress hasn't moved from 85% in a long time."

"I hate this competition. I turn into fucking anger every time Kronos does something. I just hope that server will be fucking crap compared to this one.
I love this server, its community and its developers. So i want population as much as possible here."

"This totally confirms that Kronos is totally desperate to reclaim the playerbase that it has lost to Nostalrius."

"You will be upset when you see how Kronos fails."

"We start at the point of that Kronos is a fun server, which didn't show anything yet (and its beta is gonna be opened in few days) , with a Twinstar project , a community full of kids, and just 1 Dev (who is a student) who closes threads with no answer, and doesn't speak a shit with the community."

"I really dont like this badass competition. I have the fear that both servers could crash each other with this.

In the end I just hope kronos will loose and all the players stay here on nostalrius."

"kronos is shit xd"

"I just hope kronos will loose this race... I don't like how they act in "public""

So much anger. It's disgusting.

Why Kronos?

I recently stumbled upon both Kronos & Nostalrius, both got me interested. But Kronos seems better for some unexplainable reason, if that makes any sense lol.

If anyone could take some time & answer my questions that'd be very appreciated!

I played on Emerald Dream(now Feenix I believe?) back in 2012. Why should one choose Kronos/Nostalrius over this already existing server with a probably bigger player base?

What makes Kronos the better pick over Nostalrius?

I already have Vanilla patch 1.12 downloaded from back when I played on ED. Can I just change the realmlist to Kronos' or do I have to download a special version when you release your server?

I'd be most thankful for some good answers, thanks in advance!

Re: Why Kronos?

Same question was asked many times before. Try to search forum abit.

BTW: Welcome to KRONOS!!!

Same question was asked many times before. Try to search forum abit.

BTW: Welcome to KRONOS!!!

Yeah, sorry my bad...!
If you got a link to one of these threads please do post it here!

And thanks :)

@Zynic
Can't argue with that.

Edit:
It just totally shows that they try to ruin a server by spreading false information about it. Its a crying shame.

Last edited:

It will be easyer to reply:

1. Much better scripting, working quests/dungeons/spells/no client freezes/etc...

2. From what i have heared, it's transparent and honest development, better scripted core mechanics (threat generation, buff stacking, debuff priorities, etc..)

3. Feenix staff modified their client to allways reconnect to their server so if it's your case, you will have to download unmodified wow.exe or the whole game. If it's no, then you only need to change realmlist.

Wait a few more days and see for yourself, you won't regret rolling here.

It will be easyer to reply:

1. Much better scripting, working quests/dungeons/spells/no client freezes/etc...

2. From what i have heared, it's transparent and honest development, better scripted core mechanics (threat generation, buff stacking, debuff priorities, etc..)

3. Feenix staff modified their client to allways reconnect to their server so if it's your case, you will have to download unmodified wow.exe or the whole game. If it's no, then you only need to change realmlist.

Thanks alot, you've been a great help!

My opinion/answers:

1 - Both servers have at least 2+ years of work(unlike ED when it launched). Everyone is hoping for less bugs and good scripting. I think both of servers will have large population.

2 - One of the things I like about Kronos is that I can see the development progress of the server (Bugreport and on the Kronos site). I don't think Nostalrius have that. I may be wrong.

3 - A clear copy of 1.12.1 should work.

Ill repost an answer of mine which I think you will find pretty relevant. Its copied from this thread: Made a Decision Yet?

I'll echo what everyone else has said. We haven't seen any concrete evidence that they are going to apply the same level of polish as in the showcase videos. What we have seen from the beta tests of is the ability to fix bugs and fix them quickly in a dungeon and battleground environment. We have seen little else. For me, releasing first is not a good enough reason to invest my time in one over the other. What if a month down the line their late game dungeons severely lack in polish compared to the other?

The videos they have released are interesting. Some of them are decent fixes, but many of the fixes shown in the video are pretty lackluster...lets take the most recent one for example...if you play on Vengeance when it first released (as stock mangos) Pyrewood Village was already working perfectly, yet Nos made an entire video of it? - when it should already be in working order. Same with a few videos regarding dungeons fixes...door now open correctly even after you log in and out again? That kind of thing is even fixed on the Feenix server when it was first released.

The point I am getting that is what we have seen from Nos is good, its progress, but its nothing to lose your hat over. That can be applied to a few things Kronos has released as well...but I can safely say I have been more impressed with the showcased fixes of Kronos more then I have of Nos. See mob spreading, mob kiting you, mob CC, mob positioning.

In the end will that determine what server is of higher quality? Most likely not. The case might be that both servers are well polished and may lack in some areas but make up in others. Either way that wasn't the question you asked. In the end, why MIGHT I pick Kronos over Nos.
  • Transparency
    • We know how Kronos makes money and how it plans to support the server
    • We know exactly who each member of the team is and what their role is (Nos just points out it rocks 16 devs, we only see evidence of who they might be when they post on the forums...even then we know nothing about them...apart from Viper, I think I remember reading hes a family man?)
    • Bug/Script issues and fixes via bugtracker. We are told what bugs were fixed on Nos but nothing else. Not what is yet to be fixed or what issues exist.
  • Mechanics
    • Kronos has shown many impressive play mechanics through the videos all working as intended as well as many impressive working engineering items. I can't say I have seen what mechanics work/do not work from Nos...apart for LoS. Its not all about mobs able to move in a big circle around a map or dungeons work almost flawlessly. If the way you play is slightly broken, that spoils everything else you attempt to do.
  • Forums
    • Its a silly reason but since I have invested a lot of my time on both forums, I have made it a reason. Kronos forums are simply more pleasant to post on in terms of features/usability/visually. Moreover I can quite easily say the Nos forums reminds me a bit of imgur/9gag and the like with the amount of memes posted on each forum thread. Don't get me wrong, it happens here to, but much less frequent...then again that kind of posting has more to do with individuals then the actual server...so its a moot point.

There are a few other reasons, but its 3am, I just got back home and I can't think past going to bed so good night!

I will add this. I do plan on playing on both, and I will test the kind of experience I will have on both. But I do already have a decent impression of Kronos over Nos for the reasons above. Its just left to see which will provide a better experience. If both are exactly the same? Well you have read my reasons so you probably know which way I will roll. I hope this helps to answer your question!

I will also add the following points:

• Reliability
    • In terms of server infrastructure and DDoS protection. Kronos has already proven it can withstand some measure of DDoS attacks. Now with the release of Kronos I don't have a doubt that the frequency and severity of DDoS attacks will increase substantially. Whether the Twinstar setup can handle it still remains to be seen. However we know is has worked in the past with some measure of an attack, we have not seen any proof of DDoS protection from Nos apart from the devs say 'we have it'.
  • Pragmatism
    • However much I wish that the conditions of retail vanilla can be recreated, that is not going to happen. There will not be more then one server for any company that will hit 3k population. Maybe in the future, maybe not. Kronos has shown time and again that it would like to deliver a quality 'blizzlike' experience but they are smart enough to realise that it is not viable to host such a server. So they have made changes to do so which keeps the spirit of retail but enhances the players experience.

I do have to add the production value is much higher on the content they release to the public. That's my own opinion however, so take it as you will.

Last edited:

I don't think that Nost has a bigger playerbase. They're just louder then us. :p

There are a number of reasons why I choose Kronos. From the fact that their videos have shown an eye for detail and the ability to fix the "little things" (see: mob spreading).... down to the fact that Kronos is willing to make rule changes if it makes sense. 10g max respec and XP off command are no brainers for me. The lower respec fee will mean people can more easily switch from raiding into PvP. It's going to mean more people PvPing. For anyone that enjoys twinking, the XP command is a godsend.

Combine that with Nos trying to turn back the clock... in a very strange way... by nerfing certain items and having an 8 debuff limit at the start... all the while still retaining 1.12.1 talents. It's a peculiar patchwork that does not appeal to me at all.

Oh, and the kicker is that Nos will someday allow their old beta accounts to be reactivated. So, influx of old 60 french speaking beta testers INC. That's a deal-breaker for me.

What makes Kronos the better pick over Nostalrius?

Others have written better answers, so here's some links to fancy stuff that's unique to Kronos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheProjectKronos/videos
Have a look through their gameplay videos - some excellent fixes in there - best advertising for the server imo :)

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=18816
Twinstar run their own database which is (iirc) linked directly to the game's database and bugtracker - very handy, and because it's linked to the game's database (iirc!) you always know that the data shown (e.g. health values or whatever) is correct.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issues
Twinstar run their own public bug tracker - report issues, vote for your prefered bugs to get priority for fixes, read up on previous and in-progress issues. Handy and communicative.

Nostalrius is french and french people are lazy as fuck... Trust me I was born and raised in france haha. My family though is from hungary, and eastern europeans are a bit more hardworking, so yeah go Kronos ^^ I know it's a weird point but still worth mentioning!

Nostalrius is french and french people are lazy as fuck..

I'm Canadian French :(

Anyway, apart from other answers people have given here, for me personally it's mostly about the core philosophy of the server. Nostalrius seeks to give a 100% complete, total, pure, aryan ''Blizzlike'' experience, which is IMO both impossible and impractical. Kronos's staff is able to recognize the need of SOME minor modifications, such as the 10g respec or the ability to join BG queues for lvls 10-59 at innkeepers (though they haven't given a definite answer yet, they're only considering.... Too bad, I think it could really be a major plus for advertising the server. Some ppl wanna PvP on the way to 60, ya know). And those different philosophies reflect on the community : I've found the Nost forums to be mostly formed of hardcore purists that even tend to be elitistic and dogmatic, whereas Kronos are more pragmatic and favour a more relaxed style of gameplay. This is only generalisation of course, but I think I've visited both forums and saw how each of the community interacts in discussions enough to draw the comparison.

Oh, and the kicker is that Nos will someday allow their old beta accounts to be reactivated. So, influx of old 60 french speaking beta testers INC. That's a deal-breaker for me.
I don't think this is true. Its a rumor, just like all the shit spread arround about Kronos.

Even though I enjoy PvP more then PvE its the PvE and Mob AI that attracts me most to Kronos. It just feels so alive and real. Its alot more dynamic.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the restoration of old beta accounts on Nos is true. There's a hot topic on their main boards, with many people pissed about it. I don't care either way, true or not, I've chosen to play Kronos exclusively.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the restoration of old beta accounts on Nos is true. There's a hot topic on their main boards, with many people pissed about it. I don't care either way, true or not, I've chosen to play Kronos exclusively.

It's literally on the first page Sherlock : )

How about characters used during Beta?
The Nostalrius beta testers will NOT get their characters at server launch. We want the server to be launched like real retail vanilla servers used to be, where everybody has to start from level 1. The old beta characters could still be imported, but under several hard conditions. This importation should not alter the PvE or PvP progression, should not change the server economy balance, nor come with an sense of injustice from other players. We rather think that it could bring back a lot of old Nostalrius players (more than 20.000 accounts !).
Anyway, these characters will stay unusable a long time after the release (and their names will be reusable).

Three reasons for me:
1) Kronos videos & open bugtracker show us its near-perfection;
2) Kronos team members seem honest;
3) Old Kronos players and testers seem honest and they tell Kronos is the best.

The former french community is pissed about their old legitimately played characters and demands them back. Won't happen though. Actually they are in the right cause the previous iteration of this project was never labelled as a Beta at all.
I lost my 60 warrior this way.

Yeah, i'm pissed off too, that i'm going to loose my beloved rogue here on kronos, but, hell, It's just a game and if server will succed this time then I'm satisfied more than enough.

Yeah, i'm pissed off too, that i'm going to loose my beloved rogue here on kronos, but, hell, It's just a game and if server will succed this time then I'm satisfied more than enough.

Sir, you've just opened my old wound again... my beloved epix :crying:

Almost forgot "Why Kronos"
I will play here and I am a pretty nice guys. You should play here too so you have the chance to meet me ingame. Also friends of mine will play here so theres more nice people to meet.

If this does not convince you then I don't know what can. Take care OP.

Top Bottom