• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Made a decision yet?

The public outrage against Kronos on Nos forums makes me smile. Some of the points made in there may even be true (in my opinion). But the way they express themselves really makes me smile. Just reading through Nos forums isnt painting a very nice picture in regards to its community. I was going to try Nos just out of curiosty but now that I have read their forums, it's making me reconsider.

The public outrage against Kronos on Nos forums makes me smile. Some of the points made in there may even be true (in my opinion). But the way they express themselves really makes me smile. Just reading through Nos forums isnt painting a very nice picture in regards to its community. I was going to try Nos just out of curiosty but now that I have read their forums, it's making me reconsider.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I find myself doing and feeling the exact same thing haha

Re: Why Kronos?

i cannot say why you should but personally i want to be able to trust the server i play on and for that they need to at the very least be honest and know what they do in my opinion that is Kronos.

i checked both kronos and nostalrius and 3 of the prime reasons i choose kronos over nostalrius are these:

1: Lying in a commercial link, the lie here is that they used a script spawning player npcs and not individual client controlled actual player. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that a player consumes many times more resources than a npc, yet they still labeled it player stress test without any actual player clients but just npcs during the stress...

2: they announced who they buy ddos protection from giving ddos'ers quite a lot of information on how to prepare an attack. A basic to prevent being attacked is to hide what does not need to be seen.

3: their server is located in france so ping will be high for a lot of EU/US/CZ/RUS players but decent for germans & french...

Last edited:
3: their server is located in france so ping will be high for a lot of EU/US/CZ/RUS players but decent for germans & french...

So in other words: you hope the French and German will play on Nost and therefore you prefer Kronos?!?

What's it with all the hate?

And btw: Czech is also a neighbouring country to Germany so no ping disadvantage here. Anyway, in central Europe ping doesn't matter much at all.

Edit: Following your logic all UK, US, Spain, Suisse, Dutch, Belgian and Portuguese players should play on Nost.

Last edited:

Playing on ED made me more angry than it gave me joy. Simply a horrific server. Once you start noticing the countless bugs you'll see there are tons of them.

You have every reason to quit ED and roll here in 32-33 days =)

If you decide by ping you are a moron.
Roast me for that statement if you want to. Don't care.

Having All ability with correct scaling and coefficent is big plus for me , is really gamebreaking
And a server where there is effort for fix even minimal / visual stuff bug is very nice.
Ping from italy is under 50ms B)

Last edited:

My reason for Kronos is simple. I've played on Twinstar servers for quite some time and I was satisfied with the quality of previous Kronos iterations. I have checked what Nostalrius has to offer the same way I tested other private realms, and I have yet to see anything better.

Crowlock, your number 3 reason... both France and Czech Republic are part of EU. How can there be high ping for EU players, doh? :blink:

I have checked what Nostalrius has to offer the same way I tested other private realms, and I have yet to see anything better than Kronos.
Just quoted you to clarify what you meant. Easy to misunderstand otherwise :tongue:

Playing on ED made me more angry than it gave me joy. Simply a horrific server. Once you start noticing the countless bugs you'll see there are tons of them.

You have every reason to quit ED and roll here in 32-33 days =)

For me, It was all the disconnects and rollbacks. I didn't reach lvl 60 on ED. I just couldn't.

Just quoted you to clarify what you meant. Easy to misunderstand otherwise :tongue:

I thought that the first sentence "My reason for Kronos" clarified that. Well, guess not everyone reads the whole thing :biggrin:

Ping should be factor, but, only serious difference. It's better to play on server with 20 ping than 200, but 20 and 60 is not so big deal.

Comin from us west coast, ping is a pretty damn big factor. Especially from peenix.

I think I got less shitty ping on rebirth, wasn't that based in the us though?

10g respec and the new mecca of vanilla players so groups will actually form for 5-40 mans, and a larger pvp pool are secondary but just as important to me. I rage when I die from lag or broken mechanics. Peenix hitbox placement is so borked

Sure Spazz, what I meant is that a difference of 100ms in WoW isn't as major as some suggest. People from America will get arround 200ms on the servers I'd say. 200 or 240 doesn't make a real difference imo.
I switched from regular LAN setup to a Ethernet-over-power-outlet. My ping went up 60ms from <10 to 60+. Surely I won't play counterstrike competetively anymore so it wasn't a big deal. The only differences it made in wow was that I sometimes don't get flag returns which I usually snacked pretty easily. Note: SOMETIMES. Other then that it had no impact on my gameplay.

Yeah lharts 200ms to 300 ms is totally playable for melee, I would usually get 500 plus on the regular in pvp and (barely) made it work, but way more in raids, I even have a screenie of 10k ms on huhuran.

Usually any eu player had the advantage when it came to stunning first, or getting that Poly off before a vanish. Clicking flags, too. Just about everything to be honest.

Happy about the mechanic that makes double stun work, that shits hilarious, and way better than my alternative.

That's not nice of you.:no:

It's not serious :) saw the comparison and felt inspired to great creativity. The vanilla wow community probably doesn't have (m)any nazi members anyhow.

Top Bottom