• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

That feeling of adventure

Riplash

The biggest change in WoW that ruined it for me was the increase in speed of levelling. There seemed to be an idea that end game was the only important thing, and levelling was just an obstacle.

I’ve always enjoyed games with an feeling of adventure, such as RPGs like Pokemon , Dragon Age or Neverwinter Nights.

On WoW - even though the quests were a bit “grind-y”, I enjoyed the levelling. Getting to max level was the ultimate aim, and it was the icing on the cake, but the real game for me was the getting to max level whilst exploring Azeroth.

Nowadays, because of the speed of levelling on WoW, and that feeling of rushing to end-game content, so much of the game seems ignored. I enjoyed doing dungeons, and being happy with whatever loot I got – not grinding a dungeon with a bunch of randoms to get badges of justice or whatever.

Getting cool items from mid-level dungeons is more rewarding when you’re actually going to hold on to them for a while and not just replace them in no time. And don’t get me started on Heirlooms – they just ruin the whole point of the game for me.

Maybe I’m alone in enjoying the grind. But that’s what I’ll be looking forward to the most on Kronos.

You're not alone. :tongue:

I love the "grind" in Vanilla. Agreed that heirlooms and fast leveling of current retail WoW suck super hard.

Yeah I just want to enter the REAL Azeroth again.

Cannot wait for Kronos.

I'd almost prefer it if it was even slower lol.

But it being 100% like how it used to be is what I'm looking forward to.

With most games you can re-play them and appreciate them in the state they were when you most loved them. It's just a shame there's no official way that's possible with WoW. Oh well, bring on Kronos :)

Well, but on the other hand, with each expansion, your destination, as a new player, is more and more far away. If blizz keep everithing unchanged, then geting now from 1 to 90 would take about 6-10 months for new player with average 2 hours per day. That's ridiculous. In my opinion, Cataclysm improved 1-60 leveling experience. I, personaly, have leveled 6 chars to 60 just to see this content.

Ofc vanilla have it's pros, but it's not the content that's fun while leveling.

Well, but on the other hand, with each expansion, your destination, as a new player, is more and more far away. If blizz keep everithing unchanged, then geting now from 1 to 90 would take about 6-10 months for new player with average 2 hours per day. That's ridiculous. In my opinion, Cataclysm improved 1-60 leveling experience. I, personaly, have leveled 6 chars to 60 just to see this content.

Ofc vanilla have it's pros, but it's not the content that's fun while leveling.

Ack! I sooo hate the 1-60 revamp in Cataclysm. :sht:

They streamlined the hell out of it and I found it exceptionally boring.

I absolutely love the leveling content in Vanilla. :clap:

Yep, cata did great - removing half of the quests there and WOD will do better - removing all talents and half of the skills. Its just getting better and better... If you won't play few months to level - then why even bother with a MMO, and especially MMO that is 10 year old and looks like will stay at least 3 more. Now all is just a fast food and we see the fruits it bears.

I see both sides of this. In one way I think Cata made the quests better. But almost too accessible. I just followed the quests around on the minimap and never stopped to read them.

I like the way that Vanilla didn't have the same flow of quests. It felt a bit more natural, not like you're just following the quests around the world.

I just followed the quests around on the minimap and never stopped to read them.

Yeah, then it's boring. What i like is that every zone have it's story, and with every quest done you are eager to see what will happen next. When you just accept and complete, never stop to read anything then yes - it's just boring straight way to 60.

i dont understand people that rushes to the end of game they missing so much fun . Meeting new people helping each other , learning your class, and i can say after so many years in this game 60 lvl instances for me is more bored then low level :) Cant wait until i can start leveling my hunter 5th time on 1x and im sure i will enjoy it again :) And some many people see 1-60 travel only as boring grinding , but if you think about it , anyways you have to level , so better enjoy it and you will find so many new enjoyable things :)

Last edited:
Well and imagine, that you already have a guild/friends to play with, you know your class like your boots (because you play it 10 years already) and your only reason to go 60 lvl dung is gear for raids where the real game begins? You have leveled through 1-60 content at last 20 times. Then you will be glad for everything, that will spare you that damn 8 days /played grind.

Vanilla without the proper leveling experience would be something like a twisted version of what we have today of retail - that sense of achievement when you hit 60 can be ruined and your connection to your character. :smile:

The pitfall of horizontal progression is that exactly, with new content every expansion or patch, the new player has a taller mountain to climb to catch up to everyone else. Vanilla-only content pretty much puts a peak to that climb. Many of us have yet to see the last stretch (properly), which is why the passion is still very much alive.

It's an adventure we must complete!

leveling on 1x is fun just not when you've done it multiple times on different private servers and back in the day. It will be fun at first but after a few weeks you will just want to get to 60 and you'll spend more and more hours grinding each level this is where it starts to turn into a chore especially when you did this 6 months ago on another private server.

leveling on 1x is fun just not when you've done it multiple times on different private servers and back in the day. It will be fun at first but after a few weeks you will just want to get to 60 and you'll spend more and more hours grinding each level this is where it starts to turn into a chore especially when you did this 6 months ago on another private server.

If you are jumping from server to server you should take responsibility for your own actions and not making special demands that most of the community would feel it would ruin their game experience - just my 2 cents.:whistling:

If you are jumping from server to server you should take responsibility for your own actions and not making special demands that most of the community would feel it would ruin their game experience - just my 2 cents.:whistling:

jumping from server to server? last server i played on was rebirth and if you didn't notice it went to shit, its currently down and most likely never going to be rebirthing anytime soon, no reason to play on that server now. im just saying 1x will do more harm than good, higher rate servers always have more people and thats what is truly needed to have fun, i dont see how having 2x is going to ruin anyones leveling experience if you didn't notice vanilla leveling is the most hardcore compared to all other expansions

Last edited:
Vanilla without the proper leveling experience would be something like a twisted version of what we have today of retail - that sense of achievement when you hit 60 can be ruined and your connection to your character. :smile:
why the fuck does 10 days straight of killing boars give you a sense of achievement

[video=youtube;dAxZVZgpmI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0[/video]

why the fuck does 10 days straight of killing boars give you a sense of achievement

why does achieving a raid that requiring players to press 1-3 abilities over and over and have the complexity which takes people 1-3 tries to understand? being a negative nancy can make things seem so dull:winkiss:

Obviously you don't like it. So after you are done you will feel a strange satisfaction. Maybe not from an accomplishement, which it surely isn't, but for the fact that you are finally done with it.

Like Tormenting said, being a negative nancy can ruin anything, my advice to people abhorring the levelling of vanilla that still wants to play on Kronos (because I don't think the levelling rates will be changed and I don't think the devs ever even considered it a possibility) is to try and figure out some way to enjoy it.

I'm personally not thrilled at the grind to 60, but I've done something that has actually gotten me pumped to do that once again, while waiting for Kronos I've been writing my own levelling guide and from the point Kronos opens, I'm gonna be in the race, even though I don't have enough free time to take a shot at server first level 60, I might have a shot at being one of the early level 60s with the lowest /played around, adding a competitive element to vanilla levelling has done alot for my anticipation of the good old boring grind.

You haven't done it on privateservers with proper mob mechanics like chain pulling though. Just do it casually if you feel a little burnt out.

Will it be possible to kite mobs like these Dragonkins from >?Ashenvale?< to Crossraods? or am i thinking wrong and these Dragonkins in the video are from somewhere else?

[video=youtube;YAZoiyTyZPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZoiyTyZPs[/video]

Top Bottom