• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

To the Kronos staff/devs

AsCE

Authorized
Hello!

Me and many others are really unhappy with the current state of PvP on K2, and we feel abandoned.

I understand that some people really enjoy AV, but there are just as many people who does not enjoy it. We do not want you to kill AV, we want you to bring WSG and AB back to life.

We have been trying to voice our oppinions through constructive criticism and suggestions on these forums, but havnt heard a single word from anyone who can actually change things.

I'm usually not the one to make a whiny thread only to complain, but you have not given me any other choice, so here it is:

For the love of god, you have to do something about Battlegrounds and PvP on K2. You really shouldnt be quiet about such an issue that has gotten this much atttion from players, even if you dont know how to fix the problem or if you are busy working on the fixes.

I'm not asking for much, all i want is for one of you to write a post on these forums saying that you hear our complaints and that you will fix it/not fix it. It would shine a small glimmer of light on a very dark situation.

Saying anything is always better than saying nothing.

Wtf, what do you want them.to fix? If people wanna play other bgs then que for it?

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Wtf, what do you want them.to fix? If people wanna play other bgs then que for it?

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

The problem isnt about what people want to play. People want to farm honor, and with the removal of multiqueue and addition of mega-honor-version of AV the best way to farm honor for horde is to lose AV against the ally premade.

This makes grinding to higher ranks an increadibly boring ordeal, and there is no option to "go play wsg instead if its more fun" since:

1. WSG doesnt pop.
2. WSG cant compete with AV honor.

This also makes grinding to r14 about who can have their character online and standing still in AV the most. When in reality it should be about who can make the best premade to farm honor the fastest.

If battlegrounds keep going like they are at the moment we will have r14 players who spent most of their PvP-time standing still in AV, only moving once every few minutes to not get kicked.

It's not a bug, people are using an addon to queue as group which makes them win very easily.

And hordes are too lazy to try and win themselves and since the honor is basicly the same for losing they just let allys rush and win and still get crazy amounts of honor.

And on top of that, since multi-queue isnt available anymore this means wsg and ab doesnt pop, since people prefer just queueing AV since they can just afk in AV and still get more honor than they would get from actually playing WSG/AB.

This is not about something not being blizzlike or bugged, its about something turning out to be very bad and ruining the entire experience for a large amount of players. We are here to get a blizzlike experience, and sometimes that means changing things so that they cant be abused by players who are looking for shortcuts.

so what is your solution? enable multi queue again so ppl dodgefest again?

the only solution i see is to set something up that makes it impossible to join AV as a premade group, since it was never meant to be premade. everything else is up to the players

The solution suggested by another user is written here: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=9495

This is the most well written post with solutions, alltho i think there are some things that could be added:

• Enable multi-queue for solo players so that they can dodge premades.
  • Make premades only able to play against premade. Make premade vs premade bgs give greater rewards to encourage doing premades over pugs.

those changes probably have side effects you cant foresee yet. in your 2 stated points it sounds like weak premades would be massivly handicapped, thus they will disband. only the 1-2 stronges premades will remain and find no enemies. e.g.

a straight forward solution (and probably easier to set up) would be a random delay as one queues for AV. if you press "join AV", youre set in queue 0-60 seconds later (random). this way nobody can join it premade anymore.

those changes probably have side effects you cant foresee yet. in your 2 stated points it sounds like weak premades would be massivly handicapped, thus they will disband. only the 1-2 stronges premades will remain and find no enemies.

And the strongest premades are supposed to gain the most honor, thats how the system is designed. Winning the most = gain the most honor. I agree that there for sure will be unseen side effects - which is also what we are experiencing atm with AV.

a straight forward solution (and probably easier to set up) would be a random delay as one queues for AV. if you press "join AV", youre set in queue 0-60 seconds later (random). this way nobody can join it premade anymore.

This is actually a great solution to one of the problems, but it wont change the fact that losing in AV is still more honor than winning in AB/WSG. Something has to either be done to reduce AV honor gained or increase AB/WSG honor gained.

I did some testing yesterday and a 3-0 victory in 14 minutes WSG during WSG weekend was less honor than a 12 minute loss in AV. And thats just not fun for anyone.

Edit: Also i dont really understand why they disabled multi-queue for non-premades. The problem was premades dodging premades. Actually only giving solo players the option to dodge would have been a great solution to the premade vs pug problem. (Which in my opinion wasnt even a problem, it has happened on every private server and in retail and the solution is for solo players to try and start/join premades rather than expecting to get r14 by playing single player.)

But i know that its easier to change the mechanics of the game than to change how players behave. And thus i hope its possible for the Kronos staff to implement some fix that makes WSG/AB viable again without having casual players feel that they are getting screwed over by premades all the time.

Last edited:
The root of the problem is still AV itself. The "design" that makes it possible for ally to win in 4 min and hold the bridge with 5 defenders vs. 35 attackers makes afking in AV the best strategy honor wise for horde no matter how you spin it.

Any queue/honor tinkering will lead to empty AV, because there is no way for fair game for horde in AV in pug vs pug or premade vs premade scenarios.

Move to K1 with your friend, K1 pvp is wsg all the time and ab\av during the weekends, like god intended. this way u only do av one weekend a month. And K1 needs more pvpers, specially alliance.

The root of the problem is still AV itself. The "design" that makes it possible for ally to win in 4 min and hold the bridge with 5 defenders vs. 35 attackers makes afking in AV the best strategy honor wise for horde no matter how you spin it.
well, this issue had not been prsent on nostalrius. and they had the old, pre-nerf AV. maybe this makes the difference

well, this issue had not been prsent on nostalrius. and they had the old, pre-nerf AV. maybe this makes the difference

Good point.

I think this problem is self inflicted by the players on this server tho, combined with devs making hasty changes to the multi queue.

The population on K2 wasnt/isnt big enough to support both pugs and premades, especially not when premades avoid eachother. This made pugs always lose hard to premades which made pugs stop playing WSG/AB.

That combined with AV being 0 risk, seeing how you still get 2500 honor from losing in 10 minutes, became the knife in the back of anyone who enjoys AB/WSG more than AV.

We even managed to get some WSG going this weekend untill alliance guild SALAD BAKERS decided to make a premade which again killed the horde interest in WSG.

I tried to get a horde premade going but any good geared serious pvper is busy afking in AV to maximize honor.

This problem is pretty complex, and there isnt any obvious solution. But its important that we acknowledge that there is a problem so that the staff can start working on fixing it.

As of right now devs say that this is not a priority issue, and there are people who are defending the current system. I hope that this is because they prefer this one over the old one, because in that case all we need to do is come up with a compromize.

There are already 4 threads about this topic, why do you keep spamming this junk lol, it wont change anything devs have made up their minds.

IMO the first and most obvious step to solving this problem is REMOVING the 200 Honor for killing each Lieutenant in AV.

The fact that you can rank by killing 5 NPCs for total 1000 Honor and then wait to lose is completely ridiculous.

NO private server I have EVER played in 5+ years on the scene has EVER featured this 200 Honor for killing Lieutenants.

Or just make that honor roll in if you win the game instead of when the lieutenant dies.

That way theres no reason to intentionally lose BGs anymore.

if its really that bad on k2, changes should really be considered.
a possibility could be that you only ge the objectivs honor if the game lasted a minimum of time. or better: factor it over time. thus, horde will be forced to fight back

NO private server I have EVER played in 5+ years on the scene has EVER featured this 200 Honor for killing Lieutenants.
This bug may be the reason why this AV situation never happened on any other p-server. I thought it's just because K2 pop reached a certain threshold (and N is not to be considered since their AV was different), but... Funny how devs lazyness make things better sometimes. Does anyone know if the lieutenants honor exists in a stock Mangos?

Sorry for the offtop.

This bug may be the reason why this AV situation never happened on any other p-server. I thought it's just because K2 pop reached a certain threshold (and N is not to be considered since their AV was different), but... Funny how devs lazyness make things better sometimes. Does anyone know if the lieutenants honor exists in a stock Mangos?

Sorry for the offtop.
he must have played on shitty p servers or just did not notice it. i already played on 2 other p servers that featured the objectives honor, which obv includes the lieutenants

"N"s AV btw was great fun and lasted for hours most of the time

Last edited:
K2 is fine no changes are needed to PvP system. These guys complaining are a small minority of the player base.

K2 is fine no changes are needed to PvP system. These guys complaining are a small minority of the player base.

If you follow social media and forums you'd see that this is indeed a problem. New players often choose another server over Kronos or just wait because of the rumors that AV and PvP in general is broken (amongst other things) on Kronos at the moment. At least that is what they get told by many players when asking which server is the best to start out. This issue gets mentioned almost every time so it can have a bigger impact than one might think.

Thats not true at all, in fact I think less then 20 people want it changed. Its all the same 5-6 posters spaming this junk.

There are many more active PvP players in the current system then in the previous system LOL

Thats not true at all, in fact I think less then 20 people want it changed. Its all the same 5-6 posters spaming this junk.

There are many more active PvP players in the current system then in the previous system LOL

The issue has 42 people voting for it to be fixed on the bugtracker, and thats only a minority of all the players who think the system needs to be fixed.

I have a small question, whats the name of your character? I would be interested in knowing what kind of player you are. PVE/PVP, harcore/casual, lvl 60 or not etc.

Dont think anyone would be against fixing the system this much unless they either 1. are trolling or 2. are currently benefiting a lot of afk-honor from this system that they could never get by normals means of pvp.

Top Bottom