• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

View distance and pathing

Draw Distance - game now unplayable

I had yellow latency all day. I was able to quest and kill quite well. As we all know, the latency has been better over the last day or so. After they increased the draw distance my latency spiked red 2-4k. I can't do anything.

They just increased the draw distance and now the game is unplayable for me. I heard some people saying the draw distance shouldn't affect my latency at all, but that would be pretty coincidental. Something it being server-side, but I do not understand these things very well.

Could it be my connection or computer that is making this worse for me? Will the new hardware resolve this issue for me?

Re: Draw Distance - game now unplayable

Your 2-4k latency issues cant be caused by draw distance!
As we could notice draw distance is still far bellow default but is better then was for last month.

Anyway you can try to lower draw distance just for your client but Im sure that is not reason for your 2-4k latency.

I forgot commands but I think commands but try these:
/console frillDensity 48
/console distCull 50

Re: Draw distance on Kronos

I understand why it is the way it is now, but I really hope it gets changed back to normal at some point. I feel like I'm walking around in fog all the time in game. It really affects the atmosphere and especially world PvP.

Re: Draw distance on Kronos

I noticed the draw distance is very short in many places. In a crowded place alot of people were trying to tag enemies for their quest objectives and i noticed i can see players up tot 40-50yards. But the enemies were only visible at around 30-35 yards. I hope the hardware arrives soon so they can upgrade the draw distance. Its often hard to find centain enemies, its like ur playing in some kind of thick fog.:mellow:

Re: Draw Distance - game now unplayable

I had alot of lantency issues too. But then i noticed i was located only a few hunderd km from the server. I noticed my wow client was the problem. I almost never turn off my pc, somehow restarting it decreased my latency by 70%. hope this helps a lil :) Think it has to do with old software on new hardware and new windows software. -edit: always worth a try:p

Top Bottom