• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Weapon spec talents working?

so if he had +30 spell damage on weapon, it's 384 + 30 = 414; 414 / 8 = 51,75 which would be accurate with abovementioned DoT theory.

I am sorry but 30 Spell Damage is not 30 Damage to Consecration but 10 Damage that divide over 8 ticks

Consecration scales with 1/3 though, Psojed. Its an AoE.
384 + 30/3 = 394
He would need arround 100sp to get 52 ticks. Still pretty easy to get with 23-28 on cloak, 30 on wep and at best 34 from necklace.

good luck surviving in raid with spell damage items on you except weapon and trinkets.

now since you say 100 SP , his Seal of Righteousness hit 46 where in b4 (10%) from 42 goes up to 46 .

with 100 SP his Seal of righteousness would swing at least 50 damage instead 46.

Consecration scales with 1/3 though, Psojed. Its an AoE.
384 + 30/3 = 394
He would need arround 100sp to get 52 ticks. Still pretty easy to get with 23-28 on cloak, 30 on wep and at best 34 from necklace.

Yup, you're right, it should be 33%. That's what I get for doing math in the morning... I'll blame Theloras and his posts pissing me off.

The Sanctity Aura? It's from another pally in his group, he has two active pala auras.

that's cause blizzard nerfed SoR and SoB in patch 2.1 as the notes say and Seal Twisting wasn't discovered until patch 2.3 iirc - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/2-1-0

• Seal of Righteousness: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.
  • Seal of Blood: This seal will no longer cause additional chances for weapon procs to trigger.

so your saying seal of righteousness could no longer be seal twisted because of that? then why is it that seal of blood could be seal twisted with the same patch note.

im not saying its impossible for vanilla. but theres really nothing saying it did. no one has ever talked about doing it with SoR, and people have said many times its not possible with SoR in bc.

maybe im even wrong, but theres more pointing that it never worked

i really like vanila paladin but it would be cool to have a custom vanilla server with custom class changes. nothing super crazy to make it feel like cata but something subtle. have reckoning like how it was on feenix, seal twisting with sor and proccing twice like blood did

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/84OwHLAuQzc?t=59
looks like 54 and 55 to me

48*1.1*1.1 = 58

Doesn't add up..

While 48*1.1 + some sp -> 54/55 makes a bit more sense.

Also, don't get so defensive. I never said I disagree with you. I just want to get to the bottom of things and question every bit from that movie before I aknowledge it.

Last edited:
1:24 = 42/43 living damage sor 54/55 Consecration via Sanctity
1:43 = 45 undead sor 57/58 via Sanctity + Lordaeron
2:00 = 55 SoR with JoTC on Baron strat ud
4:02 = 39 SoR on scholomance Butcher 49/50 Consecration
4:15 = 42 SoR on scholomance barov and 53 Consecration

(that was with Bloodlord's Defender "faster weapon") ^

now quel'serrar (slower weapon):

46 SoR on Dogs 53 Consecration.

100 Spell Damage would give 53 Damage to Consecration
100 Spell damage would give 51-52 SoR Damage

10% out of 48 Consecration will give 52-53 Damage to Consecration
10% out of 42 SoR will give 46 Damage to SoR

Care to explain ?!

Last edited:
Please, for the love of god. Explain how the consecration at the timestamp I linked deals 54/55 damage.
I do not doubt that +10% 1hand applies to some spells for paladin, I just want to make sure if its all, as you say.

SoR makes perfect sense as it is a melee ability so to say. Consecration on the other hand is a spell.
Vanilla wow multipliers were changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. 48 * 1.1 * 1.1 just doesn't add up for Consecration. Even the old additive 48 * (1.1 + 1.1) won't come up with those values.

If +1hand doesn't effect Consecration then he would only need 41sp to achieve ticks for 54 and 55. Doesn't seem to far off to me.

If +1hand doesn't effect Consecration then he would only need 41sp to achieve ticks for 54 and 55. Doesn't seem to far off to me.

100 Spell Damage would give 53 Damage to Consecration and 10 damage to Seal of Righteousness

We can only assume that in 5man same as he used different weapon he didn't use one-handed while in Molten Core he did.

Reasons could be that : Def cap reckoning is useless and for Raid you tend to go def cap.

Vanilla wow multipliers were changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. 48 * 1.1 * 1.1 just doesn't add up for Consecration. Even the old additive 48 * (1.1 + 1.1) won't come up with those values.

Even if this is the case then this favors more one-handed because :

Strat Living : 48*(1.1+1.1) = 53.28 Consecration Damage

Last edited:
Point still stands, at the timestamp I linked hes tanking with 1 handed and Sanctity and just gets 54/55. How?

Point still stands, at the timestamp I linked hes tanking with 1 handed and Sanctity and just gets 54/55. How?

1-handed+sanctity aura (as you mention Even the old additive 48 * (1.1 + 1.1) won't come up with those values.) Even if this is the case then this favors more one-handed because :

Strat Living : 48*(1.1+1.1) = 53.28 Consecration Damage

53.28 Consecration + 30 Spell Damage (weapon enchant) = 54/55 Damage.

Take into account that his SoR 4:02 = 39 SoR on scholomance Butcher

39+30 Spell Damage = 42 SoR Damage per swing, also his SoR if he use SP would swing 45-46 instead 42/43 due to Sanctity Aura

But this will be in conflict due to SoR so old calculations doesn't match

As i said before ,he might not be using one-handed on the videos with his Blood'lord Defender due to reckoning more efficient in 5mans

but as far as Raid goes "different weapon" "different spec" - then it all match.

^ Doesn't Match ^

^ Match ^

Pay attention to : (it is hardly visible)

2:00 = 55 SoR with JoTC on Baron strat ud

140 SP - 40 SP = 51 SoR which mean , his SoR would swing 51 if he was using 100 Spell Damage for Dogs or even more due to slower weapon than bloodlord.

SoR in video at dogs doing 45/46 damage.

Last edited:
You are dodging the question.
According to you Consecration gets 10%+ from 1handed specc.

Lets assume it was still additive at that run (I doubt it was):
48 * (1 + 0,1 + 0,1) = 57,6 not 53

In that scene he also has Sanctity.

So, does Consecration not get the the 10% from 1hand here? Or did he not spec it?
Cause like you mentioned, 10% + some sp = 54/55.

Last edited:
As i said before ,he might not be using one-handed on the videos with his Blood'lord Defender due to reckoning more efficient in 5mans

You are dodging the question.
According to you Consecration gets 10%+ from 1handed specc.

Lets assume it was still additive at that run (I doubt it was):
48 * (1 + 0,1 + 0,1) = 57,6 not 53

In that scene he also has Sanctity.

So, does Consecration not get the the 10% from 1hand here? Or did he not spec it?
Cause like you mentioned, 10% + some sp = 54/55.

I am not Dodging but you are not even reading ...........

1-handed+sanctity aura (as you mention Even the old additive 48 * (1.1 + 1.1) won't come up with those values.) Even if this is the case then this favors more one-handed because :

Strat Living : 48*(1.1*1.1) = 53.28 Consecration Damage and not 57.6

This favor my theory because :

(1.1*1.1) = 11% and this will result into 48*11% = 53.28

- - - Updated - - -

Now explain this part

^ Doesn't Match ^

^ Match ^

Last edited:

Strat Living : 48*(1.1*1.1) = 53.28 Consecration Damage and not 57.6
Last time I checked 48*(1.1*1.1) = 58,08 Consecration Damage.

Last time I checked 48*(1.1*1.1) = 58,08 Consecration Damage.
ok i might be wrong there but:

^ Doesn't Match ^

^ Match ^

Explain this ^^^^^

Lharts already explained to you why SoR damage being higher makes sense

SoR makes perfect sense as it is a melee ability so to say. Consecration on the other hand is a spell.

At the same time, Holy Shield hits for 134 on the Core Hounds. As I already pointed out, that means 1H Weapon Spec did not increase all damage done, but only weapon damage done - only melee attacks were affected.

At the same time, Holy Shield hits for 134 on the Core Hounds. As I already pointed out, that means 1H Weapon Spec did not increase all damage done, but only weapon damage done - only melee attacks were affected.

how would you explain 53 consecration and 46 SoR on core hounds?

also Holy Shield was changed 2 times during vanilla.

So you say that : https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8089
Is valid to get fixed and the "evidence" from Blizzard Forums ?

Last edited:
Duki, I wouldn't even bother trying to reason with these two let alone play here on Kronos - if you want to go straight to the source, just ask Mark Kern - the original Lead Dev for WoW from 2004-2006:

https://twitter.com/Grummz

He's the one leading the charge to get Blizzard to re-issue legit legacy servers and he even answered a previous question about Holy Resistance and said that if it was showing up on private servers along with "resist all" then it was a bug.

Duki, I wouldn't even bother trying to reason with these two let alone play here on Kronos - if you want to go straight to the source, just ask Mark Kern - the original Lead Dev for WoW from 2004-2006:

https://twitter.com/Grummz

He's the one leading the charge to get Blizzard to re-issue legit legacy servers and he even answered a previous question about Holy Resistance and said that if it was showing up on private servers along with "resist all" then it was a bug.

i am not so sure if he is "official" ex blizzard employee or fake account so i will reserve from that regardless of the answer.

sorry :s but yeah you are right about those 2

i am not so sure if he is "official" ex blizzard employee or fake account so i will reserve from that regardless of the answer.

sorry :s but yeah you are right about those 2

no, he's legit and will be submitting the change.org petition to Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime next week - I'm debating whether to ask him about Fiery Retributer, Fiery Plate Gauntlets, Storm Gauntlets and Blazefury Medallion tbh...

I won't be explaining how he gains damage X of his Seal of Righteousness or Consecration ticks, because
1) I don't know how much spell damage is used in the video
2) I don't know if he has specced 1H Weapon Spec or not (as you pointed out yourself)
3) I don't know if he uses Improved Seal of Righteousness talent or not
4) I don't even know the proper formula for 1h SoR damage

So you say that : https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8089
Is valid to get fixed and the "evidence" from Blizzard Forums ?

In case you didn't read my posts, let me make this simple.
I believe that 1H Weapon Spec improved the damage of MELEE attacks.
We used the video to determine if 1H Weapon Spec improved the damage of ALL attacks while wearing a 1h weapon. With the Holy Shield example, it is clear that this is not the case.

Right now on Kronos, 1H Weapon Spec improves the damage of MELEE attacks. So it works properly. But Seal of Righteousness, which should be considered a melee attack, is not currently considered a melee attack. I have pointed you to the issue and I told you what is required to see the issue fixed. Let me repost it again:

I'd like to point you in the right direction though.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6785
This bugreport states that SoR behaved like a melee attack, that it could proc effects like judgement of wisdom and other procs like Flametongue when Shamans were introduced. There's a source from 2005 (our famous blogspot) and 2007 (EJ discussion) and mainly, there's a 2.1.0 patch note removing this effect, which makes it very plausible.

I'm mentioning this to you, because One Handed Weapon Specialization on vanilla "increases the damage you deal with one-handed melee weapons". If SoR was considered a melee attack, not a spell, its damage would be increased by 1H Weapon Spec. If you can prove the SoR being a melee attack is correct, you have an explanation for [CR]SoR[/CR] 1H Weapon Spec boosting SoR. Find some references from 2006.

Top Bottom