• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other what class to play and why?

zelatos

Hello, i'm a previous nost player who first thought id take a break from vanilla after the shut down because i felt i wouldnt really wanna do it all over again, however after trying various expansions im back here again for some vanilla gameplay since in my book, this is where i have the best time.

Well to the point of my topic, ive always been a caster in vanilla mage/warlock which is fun, however i wanna change things up this time around, ive already decided to play horde instead of alliance which i usualy play.

But now i have a dilemma where i cannot chose which class to play. Its between rogue, hunter or shaman.

Anyone with some insight who could share pro and cons with each class? Im not sure about spec yet so either specs would be coolios. Also what made you pick that class if you play either of them.

Thank you in advance!

PS. Going to roll on Kronos II since i want a fresh server to begin new adventures!

Last edited:
There's always a demand for good players of any class.

Rogue: Really easy in PvP, lots of tricks to escape from other players, as well as lots of easy ways to gank them; pretty good PvE DPS as well

Hunter: Easiest class to level (once you get your pet at level 10, that is), pretty good in PvP and PvE, ability to solo almost any world mob at high levels, and ability to solo DM North tribute runs for easy cash

Shaman: Never played a shaman in vanilla, but Enhance is pretty sick in PvP, and Resto is a really nice raid healer

Last edited:
Thank you for your input, looking forward to more insight from different players. Just putting it out there, im a pretty experienced all around wow player so i think id do fine with which ever class i chose. Just having a hard time deciding atm. :c

there seems to be a shortage of tanks allways. so if u like tank go warr. in nost ppl even paid tanks up to 20g to join at 60 dungeons. theres allways gonna overflow with dps classes but tanks are always the hardest to get

Tank : Best tank is Warrior by far. If you want tank , go warrior no other choice. Don't go paladin

Best DPS PVE : Rogue,Warriors,Warlocks (They top the DPS metters by far)

(but everyone is probably playing rogue since it's the best DPS. So up to you)

Also mage/hunters are good dps but don't beat the others in damage.

Easiest class to level up : Hunter

Healers :paladins (Alliance) and Shamans (hordes)

I made a hunter myself only because they are fun but mostly it's a good farming class, easily farming devilsaurs etc and other high lvl elites. Then I prolly going for warrior or shaman perhaps as main for raids etc. Not sure tho. Regret that I rolled Horde tho, allways been a Alliance player, Orgrimmar are such a boring place to hang out in, UC the same.. TB is cool tho but far away from everything, no AH etc.. How are shammies as dps in vanilla? I know that ench and elementals can be kinda OP in PVP with right gear and so but how are they in dungeons/raids as dps ? Can't really remember

Warrior because you don't have any heals or CC. You only have your shield and weapon to trust (if you are fury or arms you don't even have that shield even) You have to be careful even in normal quests which gives you a challange and it is usually easy to find peope to do dungeons and elite quests. If you switch to def stance with a shield you can easily tank till 55+ even you have fury or arms build.

Last edited:
Rolled a cow warrior when i first came here, by 30 i couldnt stand him....so now im a midget hunter enjoying the eye candy....and yeah damn hunter is easy to solo with, makes life kinda easier and stv less paranoid(track humanoids for the win).

Every horde is already an undead rogue so why not join them? :tongue:

He is right horde is like all undead rogue and for alli it's the same with human mage.

I'd go for shaman personally.

As of now it appears that both factions will end up with a pool of 99% dps at level 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go rogue or mage, not enough of them wannabe vanilla legends already :lol:

But seriously tho, when I am usually at that spot when choosing from different classes I imagine
myself at 60 and playing that class, if it's gonna be fun for me ... hope it helps.

Or you can watch some movies and create your own vanilla server to test things out, it's pretty simple.

There are too many warriors but still too few tanks. Getting a dungeon group is extremely quick.
There are also slightly too few healers so you'll get a dungeon group at reasonable speed.

There are way too many rogues, way too many warriors, slightly too many mages, slightly too many shamans. Druids are way underrepresented.
Of the three classes you listed, hunters are the most rare (although not really underrepresented). I am willing to bet there are fewer healing shamans though.

It basically comes down to sped, I guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the answers, i've rolled out rogue from my decision though. Seems to be overplayed just like on any other server haha. Especially the undead ones ;^)

Now it's between Resto Shaman and Hunter. I've played both before and i enjoy both the classes but i just imagine myself having a hard time farming for stuff as a resto shaman at 60, and i really don't want to PvP as a healer. So i might stick to hunter, however after playing on Nost i've heard so many guilds that doesn't like hunters, or atleast more than 1 per guild since they really arent that good compared to other DPS classes.

Do you think i'll have a hard time finding a guild/groups here on Kronos as a hunter? I've got previous raid experience and know what i'm doing.

I also personally like to play a class that can do different options of gameplay. Atm Warrior is the best option as you have both posibility to play as tank and DPS. Warrior DPS are really good in vanilla so that won't be an issue, and theres always a shortage of tanks. And if im not misstaken, correct me if im wrong, the respecc talent tree cost has it max cost stopped at 5g I believe? Meaning That it won't be painful for the goldz when you wish to go either DPS or Tank specc. Good choice for warrior as endgame, 2 strong options to go with. And as for Warr lvling, They are easier once you pass lvl 40. Sure they are prolly the hardest/slowest class to lvl but they are not that bad, I lvled 2 in vanilla, but I guess for a new player they can be a struggle.

Yes, Warrior is the slowest and most painful class to level solo. It's not until you get your Whirlwind Axe in the early 30s that things start to ease up. I only got my warrior to 38 before Nost went down, and it was really obnoxious to level.

Yes, Warrior is the slowest and most painful class to level solo. It's not until you get your Whirlwind Axe in the early 30s that things start to ease up. I only got my warrior to 38 before Nost went down, and it was really obnoxious to level.

The beautiful thing about Kronos is, you can level two character via alttabbing. I was pretty much like "meh, cheating", but playing warrior and shaman togehter is a blast. I dont have WF totem yet so I use battleshout, strengthtotem and rockbiter and it gives me 50 AP From BS, 46 from totem and 58 from Rockbiter. Both shaman and warrior hit like a truck and demo shout I get all mobs on the warrior, he cleaves like a madman, shaman puts down AoE totems (the pulsating at lvl 24 or 26 and before the one doing ~60dmg one time and then disappearing).
Other warrior need to shoot with their gun to get one or two mobs out of a pack, I charge into 4 (one I charged into 12 and popped retaliation).
I imagine it will be even more OP once I get whirlwind axe and WF totem and at lvl 36 finally whirlwind.
So if you are interested in leveling a shaman or warrior, level both together and have more fun than doing one at a time. :)
My two cents. <3

Yep, leveling two characters at once is a pretty good idea. Even if it's just leveling a warrior with a Priest to follow you around and throw some heals, that alone can be a major boost, because you'd have 0 downtime: No need to bandage/eat on the warrior, and no need to drink on the Priest because you'll just be wanding with it and casting a heal every so often.

Though it can get pretty annoying having to complete every quest twice, due to having two characters. Especially drop-based quests, because quest items aren't shared.

hmmm I don't know leveling 2 characters by alt-tabbing seems painful and I don't think you will save that much time from doing this , then leveling a character and leveling another one after.

Doing the drop quests with 2 characters is really annoying and also if you die having to run to your corpse with 2 characters, also the Gold factor can be annoying and the mobs getting 2x less exp since you're in a group

Doing the drop quests with 2 characters is really annoying and also if you die having to run to your corpse with 2 characters, also the Gold factor can be annoying and the mobs getting 2x less exp since you're in a group

Drop quests will be annoying, yeah, but on the up side, kill quests will go much faster, and if you have a healer, you can solo most elite quests.

You won't really die unless you over-pull or get ganked by someone much higher level.

Gold would be a bit of a problem, I suppose, so maybe it's best to do this once you already have a 60, so you can send some gold to each character for spell training.

Half exp from mobs isn't much of an issue when most of your exp is coming from quests. Don't you get a little bit of bonus exp from being in a group? Or is that a future expansion? I could have sworn there was a small bonus to exp from kills, when you're in a group.

Now it's between Resto Shaman and Hunter. I've played both before and i enjoy both the classes but i just imagine myself having a hard time farming for stuff as a resto shaman at 60, and i really don't want to PvP as a healer. So i might stick to hunter, however after playing on Nost i've heard so many guilds that doesn't like hunters, or atleast more than 1 per guild since they really arent that good compared to other DPS classes.

Do you think i'll have a hard time finding a guild/groups here on Kronos as a hunter? I've got previous raid experience and know what i'm doing.

There will be a lot of hunters, not as much as rogues, but there are plenty of them ..., so it may be hard for you to find your place in a raid/party. And I heard that the pets here are bugged ... a couple of people I know who have been playing here complained about it (It's not my information, so anyone is welcome to clarify it.)

On the other hand, Shamans have the advantage of being a "hybrid" class, so you can do caster / healer / melee at any time, if you have the equip of course ... their windfury bursts or shock/lighting crits can obliterate your enemy in a split second. But the resto shamans are the ones that usually go into the raids, so you will end up being healer in raids most of the times.

I would simply reccommend to avoid rogues, it is the most used class which make it less valuable and fun to play, it is always better for your statistics AND more fun to play something rare.

Either go with shaman or hunter and play whatever spec or stat focus you think is the coolest and most fun, even if it goes against the boring "optimal way" that everyone else is slave to.

I played a elemental shaman in nostalrius with crit gear and 100% dmg bonus crit talent for PvP and 3 critted many people dead very fast alot of the time, it was unique and very cool to earth shock for almost 2k and people would sometimes die instantly from the chain lightning and the shocks, my speciality was mages, I completely shut them down with purge, ground totem and earth shock tier 3 frost mage died with my hp and mana still half full once, but also PvE (with pots and manaregen focus gear, less crit gear then). People would come up to me and ask if I was a healer, I would say no im elemental lets duel and crit them to heck, they would admire me and I felt successfull with my tauren ele shaman even with only 4 epic items ;)

Would go heal or tank if u got experience, also make it so easy to find a group. I play tank my self on horde side k2 and had no problem just runing doungons from 20-30. always some group missing a tank :)

also PvE (with pots and manaregen focus gear, less crit gear then)

Shaman DPS is not very viable in PvE, especially ele. You do less DPS than mage/warlock, and even with mp5 gear / potions / dark runes, you still go oom in like 2 minutes. Maybe in MC/ZG you can do well since half the fights there are under 3 minutes, but above that, not so much.

Top Bottom