• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other what class to play and why?

Shaman DPS is not very viable in PvE, especially ele. You do less DPS than mage/warlock, and even with mp5 gear / potions / dark runes, you still go oom in like 2 minutes. Maybe in MC/ZG you can do well since half the fights there are under 3 minutes, but above that, not so much.

Yes exactly, but we are not all aiming to master every raid on the strongest difficulty, I could probably do some dmg in harder raids aswell, but I never got to that point, I never got to the point of reaching full gear from the raids I had available, not many reach for the stars, and only very few can even get close to the top without big effort. To always argue about being able to be the best of the best or "what is it like for this character setup at the top" is completely irrelevant for 85% of the players, you should stop focusing on the cream de la cream performance of a characters build. I was comfortable with my success with something that many people would never believe could reach so far with low-medium gear ele shaman

I've decided to roll a warlock on Kronos II, which I am pretty excited to get started on.. Ive never really played a warlock endgame in vanilla, I've always been a warrior or mage.. So that I am pretty excited about.

I pretty much choose warlock because of their huge damage output and being valueable in every raid (And not having to roll agianst 5-10 mages every raid haha)

Hunters are indeed amazing in many aspects of this game. I highly suggest only playing one if willing to research and learn the benefits of macros. Hunters have the highest skill cap in game and this is largely due to mastering macro building to heighten and customize your play style. You basically play 2 characters and must manage your pet and macros make this far easier and efficient.

On top of all of this a hunter must learn their roll in group play and players with little old school mmo experience fail to understand that a hunter is a cc class first and dps second (even if you lead in damage on charts).

Warlock is a good choice even if I personally hate them because they are dark sided, they are one of the rarest and very versatile in their way of approaching the role of damage dealer.

Am considering changing from a Disc/Holy Priest with Shadow offspec, to a Resto Shaman with Ele offspec. Just thinking if Shamans would bring more to the group with the totems for others. (Plus I've played Priest before and never Shaman.)

It s not viable because there is no curse for Nature.
That's included in the "less dps than mages/warlocks" part.

To always argue about being able to be the best of the best or "what is it like for this character setup at the top" is completely irrelevant for 85% of the players, you should stop focusing on the cream de la cream performance of a characters build.

This isn't about "you need to always play the best class", or else every raid would be full of warrior, rogue, mage and priest.

Ele does so much less dps than mage/warlock that you're just going to be carried in every raid. Dead weight. Your meager DPS is not going to contribute very much. You'd be a much bigger help to the raid as a healer, especially seeing as Shaman is the only class with an AoE heal that isn't group-locked.

But if you're okay with being woefully subpar and being dead weight on the raid, and your raidleader is okay with carrying you...more power to you, I guess.

In Vanilla my guild that was clearing both Naxx and AQ40 ran with a few odd duck class specs. We had a couple DPS feral druids, an ele shaman. We didn't have a shadow priest, as I was the first one to be allowed to roll shadow, during BC, but as a general rule, while they didn't beat the rogues, warriors and mages, they did fine. 40 mans back then were almost always 10-15 amazing people carrying the rest of the raid, so honestly, do whatever makes you happy. If you perform, you can be in a 40 man regardless of spec/class.

Last edited:
^Yeah, if you were "clearing" naxx40 before Burning Crusade, then you were in a pretty fucking amazing guild to begin with, so I'm not surprised that the raid was able to carry a few bad DPS classes.

I think we let our shammy go ele late BWL, just because he was the nicest guy and really wanted to try. I wasn't a huge fan of the druids, as one of them almost always ditched raids to grind High Warlord, (which he never even got), but yeah. There's enough leeway at that level to let a few people do what makes them happy.

You're right, though. I think we sat the druids occasionally during 4H progression.

I wanna go warrior but it seems everyone is going for it. I dont doubt i would be able 2 steal a raid spot if i got the chance but it feels like its a bit of a waste. My other option is resto druid, but i hated lvling one in vanilla. Can't decide xd!

I love this idea of understanding for others where the good vibe is intact, the good comfort and feel in a raid group which I feel makes everyone enjoy and perform much higher instead of hard-nailing, death-serious where
performance is kinggod and fear drives us forward in panic and sadness equally measured.

To choose an extreme of anything always make the strengths of the philosopy stronger, but the weaknesses becomes more defined aswell, to take the raiding immensly serious is
never really helpful when one already got most of it under control, the general strategy and the decent healers and good tank(s) its no problem to have average or even bad DPSers, they still do atleast half
of what the top players are doing which is more than enough everywhere.

40 men optimised and obsessed for the task ahead is not needed in 99% of any challenge we face in PvE

People are inherently pretty OK in most things, remove the stress and see that faith in people will often nuture everything to the better.
If you don't garner support, it's only a matter of how much damage you can do until you're eventually taken down, aka the raid disbands

Yes sir I see it as with Nightfall both retribution and enhancement shaman is very good addition to any raid group

Pretty much this. We gave our first hand of Rag to an enhancement shaman because everyone loved him. He hardly ever topped the meters, but it didn't matter all that much becaus ehe showed up and made people laugh.

In the end it doesn't matter all that much as long as the people in the "high DPS meta" rolls perform. We routinely had 1 rogue do upwards of 30% of every bosses health by himself.

Couple people like that and you can fill the rest of the raid with wanding disc priests. :p

Top Bottom