• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What happened during the honor flush on the morning of October 28th?

I think Chero didn't pay attention at the previous RP displayed on the code, just at the calculation, which may be why he didn't find anything wrong. Thanks for your post Sushi as we need as many proofs as possible to demonstrate something went wrong last night. Chero, I want you to consider we are now trying to help you find what's wrong and not just saying "You're wrong" we are simply trying to give you clues on where to look to find a solution to the problem.

My suggestion - which sounds being the easiest to do in my opnion - would be to seta decay of 10% next week, so you don't have to mess into the database, and this way, everything will fix itself, meaning you only have to affect one unified part of the code, instead of 300 lines on a database that is likely to be encrypted.

Well, the in-game RP matched the armory...
I was at 99%, missing 148 RP to rank up last week. The progress bar in-game showed this. The rank progress macro showed this. However, according to your log I was missing more than 2000 RP.

jesus everyone calm down.

chero if you compare the logs you posted with the current armory, then we can see the following:

1. the NEW value in the logs corresponds with the new RP values of players after the update
2. the OLD value in the logs does not correspond with the actual RP that players had before the update. instead they seem accurate for the amount of RP those players had about 2 weeks ago.

i took this screenshot yesterday (tuesday 27th october). it shows the OLD values that should have been used for this update.
ehm168c.png

First of all, I did not say anything like you are wrong, Quasar.
Second, the data I posted is valid.

We have figured out what caused the issue:

In Central Europe we had clock change on Sunday, where the clock was moved back by one hour at 3AM.
Due to that, the week since last honor flush was 7 days and 1 hour log, which are technically 2 weeks.

Today, when the honor flush happened, it happened twice. First flush made everyone to decay by up to 2500 RP, and then a regular, expected flush was performed. We are currently working out a way to rectify this and get everybody back to their correct rank points. Expect the rank points to be restored before next weeks calculations.

Sorry for any inconveniences, we did not expect this to happen.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood me Chero, I was saying we (the players involved in this thread) were not trying to tell you "You are wrong" but to help you. I wrote that so you didn't feel offended about people saying they are proving your numbers wrong.

I have to say I am really glad you looked into it and did something, it proves me wrong about you not caring and I am glad that I am wrong. I hope you can find a way to fix this problem, but in my opinion, I already am content because you proved me Kronos staff feels concerned about PvP on this server and about players investing a lot of their time to rank up. I still want an answer on the wagon matter (not going to let it go so easily ;) ) but at least I won't be afraid of this realm going wrong because of carelessness. Thanks very much for adressing the issue.

I still want an answer on the wagon matter (not going to let it go so easily ;)

If Gurky was the person you spoke to regarding this and said he would make mention of this (as you mentioned earlier), then please follow up with him. As head GM, this is his area :)

I see you found the problem... My question is what you will do next? fix the rank points taken/given or you cant do anything to fix the problem?

It is a lot of time invested of a lot players to get ranks. it will be nice if you could do something...

Last edited:
I see you found the problem... My question is what you will do next? fix the rank points taken/given or you cant do anything to fix the problem?

It is a lot of time invested of a lot players to get ranks. it will be nice if you could do something...
We are currently working out a way to rectify this and get everybody back to their correct rank points. Expect the rank points to be restored before next weeks calculations.
read

Old

New

old after decay

RP

Samsara

[TD="align: right"]56384[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]58607[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]45107[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]13500[/TD]

Myntone

[TD="align: right"]48386[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]51209[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]38709[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12500[/TD]

Spookycrisp

[TD="align: right"]35957[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40266[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28766[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11500[/TD]

Sushibarf

[TD="align: right"]42374[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]44406[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]33899[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10507[/TD]

Hedz

[TD="align: right"]37353[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40382[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]29882[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10500[/TD]

Eljay

[TD="align: right"]45322[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]46429[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]36258[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10171[/TD]

Assistant

[TD="align: right"]43754[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]45004[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]35003[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10001[/TD]

Tazeh

Callon

[TD="align: right"]35443[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]37733[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28354[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9379[/TD]

Ayz

[TD="align: right"]42906[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]43515[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]34325[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9190[/TD]

Reaph

[TD="align: right"]37754[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]39384[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]30203[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9181[/TD]

Lagertha

[TD="align: right"]39412[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40336[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31530[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8806[/TD]

Quasar

[TD="align: right"]46793[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]49934[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]37434[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12500[/TD]

Horo

[TD="align: right"]44341[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]46972[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]35473[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11499[/TD]

Hightower

[TD="align: right"]43213[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]45072[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]34570[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10502[/TD]

Mcdaggers

[TD="align: right"]47538[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]48530[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]38030[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10500[/TD]

Sachikomoe

[TD="align: right"]34854[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]38367[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]27883[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10484[/TD]

Timecop

[TD="align: right"]38919[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]41619[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31135[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10484[/TD]

Trunksnail

[TD="align: right"]17692[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23912[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14154[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9758[/TD]

Glory

[TD="align: right"]28106[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31583[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]22485[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9098[/TD]

Dwarfolo

[TD="align: right"]26182[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]29639[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]20946[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8693[/TD]

Furina

[TD="align: right"]31608[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]33923[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25286[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8637[/TD]

Selina

[TD="align: right"]19149[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23965[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]15319[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8646[/TD]

Untamed

[TD="align: right"]32100[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]34169[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25680[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8489[/TD]

After honor flush on 21.10.2015 Quasar ended up with 46792 RP.

On 28.10.2015 your RP was lowered by 2500 -> 46792 - 2500 = 44292
And then it was flushed again with appropriate standings -> 44292 - 0.2 * 44292 + 12000 = 47433
Afterwards we restored the 2500 minus -> 47433 + 2500 = 49933

So everybody ended up with 500 more RP due to that maneuver. Let's say it's a kind of restitution :)

On october 28, standing 1 for alliance only gave 12000 rankpoints if u dont count in the 500 bonus that was added after the "fix". Apparently the 12000 instead of 13000 was not an error, but a result of few people scoring more than 15 honorable kills that week. The system itself was working as intended.

But 12000 rankpoints won't get you to rank 14, and anyone looking into the future can see that christmas holidays are coming up, meaning people go to the country for 5 days to celebrate christmas with their family before returning home again. For some people this means 5 days without warcraft.
If travelling is not a part of your christmas habbits, then im sure there will be other activities you wouldn't want to say no to.

That is unless you have for the last 2 months spend the majority of your freetime playing battlegrounds on this server, and have climbed up the ranks as the weeks gone by. Christmas to you means farming honor as usual, because the standing system does not care about christmas. If you stop, you drop.
So anyone going into christmas with a higher rank than 11 is soon going to be faced with the realization that christmas means less players online and therefore less players getting standings.

So the question is, can players who get Standing 1 be garanteed 13.000 rank points regardless of the amount of players who are playing in a given week, in the current system?

If not, please consider implementing some kind of garantee that each bracket will contain atleast 1 player regardless of the amount of players getting standing.
Some pvp'ers have reached a high rank only to find their countless hours spent in battlegrounds that whole week had all been for nothing. Some of these players do not play here anymore. It would be sad if this is the christmas present kronos have in store for us.

Thanks for reading

From my experience, people play alot during the holidays. Its only 3 days were they don't play is much.

During the last 2months of my ranking st1 2 3 gave fixed RP 13k 12k 11k.Doubt anything was changed recently

After a recent agrument ingame(I guess with you) I wound up and asked a staff member if Rank Points were fixed.
Answer: No, they are not.

The top standing of each bracket gets the full amount of that bracket.
However, if there are not enough players in the pool to support a single R14 bracket, then standing 1 will end up in bracket 2, receiving 12000RP.

Last edited:
well the staff member you asked is completely clueless then since Ned quasar and myself tested it for 4 weeks in row and it always gave 13k 12k 11k exactly no 11001 no 10 999 always exact 13 12 11k so yea its fixed

You misunderstand.

st 1 -> bracket 14 -> 13000
st 2 -> bracket 13 -> 12000
st 3 -> bracket 12 -> 11000
st 4 -> bracket 12 -> <11000

Read. The first in each bracket gets the full RP for his bracket. Normally st2 would only get a percentual value of the 12k in relation to his CP to st 1 CP. This is not the case here. If you now have more then 1 player in a bracket the rule will apply again resulting in lower RP.
If you got less then 166 players each week (1.12.1 breakpoints) then st1 will only get 12000.

There were not enough players to support more then 1 player in each bracket (13-11). Thats why you always got the full amount.

See, what you said isn't wrong. st1-st3 almost always got the 13, 12 and 11k RP. Saying it is a fixed amount for is plain wrong though since it is not.

Last edited:
On october 28, standing 1 for alliance only gave 12000 rankpoints if u dont count in the 500 bonus that was added after the "fix". Apparently the 12000 instead of 13000 was not an error, but a result of few people scoring more than 15 honorable kills that week. The system itself was working as intended.

But 12000 rankpoints won't get you to rank 14, and anyone looking into the future can see that christmas holidays are coming up, meaning people go to the country for 5 days to celebrate christmas with their family before returning home again. For some people this means 5 days without warcraft.
If travelling is not a part of your christmas habbits, then im sure there will be other activities you wouldn't want to say no to.

That is unless you have for the last 2 months spend the majority of your freetime playing battlegrounds on this server, and have climbed up the ranks as the weeks gone by. Christmas to you means farming honor as usual, because the standing system does not care about christmas. If you stop, you drop.
So anyone going into christmas with a higher rank than 11 is soon going to be faced with the realization that christmas means less players online and therefore less players getting standings.

So the question is, can players who get Standing 1 be garanteed 13.000 rank points regardless of the amount of players who are playing in a given week, in the current system?

If not, please consider implementing some kind of garantee that each bracket will contain atleast 1 player regardless of the amount of players getting standing.
Some pvp'ers have reached a high rank only to find their countless hours spent in battlegrounds that whole week had all been for nothing. Some of these players do not play here anymore. It would be sad if this is the christmas present kronos have in store for us.

Thanks for reading

My prediction became true. We've had another one of those weeks where Standing 1 did not get 13000 rank points.

Please consider changing the system so that the brackets will have a minimum of 1 player in them regardless of how many players get standing. It is extremely demoralizing when you sit there day and night and then discover wednesday morning that it was all for nothing.

Happy New Year

Last edited:
come on it is fun to farm 1 more week... get 4 h to sleep evry day put alaram ring from 30 to 30 min so you dont get logged put speakers on maximum so when qpops you wake up ... :)) it fun man

is it even possible to hit 60k rating points getting 12k a week with 20% decay? and if so how many weeks from 55,000 (r13) to r14?

Top Bottom