• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What needs to be different from K1

As a visually disabled person, I'd LOVE to see to "decrease weather intensity": slider actually work. Considering how often it seems to rain on Kronos, it makes it near unplayable not being able to turn it off the way it's intended. :[ Seems to be a common theme among Private Servers. Only one I've ever played on where weather was actually able to be turned off was Gummys.

You can try typing "/console weatherdensity 0" in game. I haven't had issues with it.

I wish that BGs was be closed and honor system wasn't exist on K3 for half of a year.
Also I wish to not have 2hr+ queue and every 4hrs crashes on first two weeks of server start
Elysium came back as Nighthaven and did just that. so shouldn't be too hard. They didn't have the honor system till their 1.4 rolled out

1. Level 20 summoning warlocks (blizzlike)
  2. Buff boss hp slightly in MC/BWL to counter-balance 1.12 talents
  3. ZG buff/spirit of zanza persist through death until Naxxramas release (blizzlike)
  4. Make Darkmoon Faire always 10% damage (small quality-of-life change)
  5. Remove the retarded 30-minute window where nightmare dragons are unattackable (blizzlike)
  6. Nerf ED/Ironfoe to reasonable levels
  7. Remove Quickheal (sorry Yungu)
  8. Remove World boss kill-times from Twinhead (or atleast hide them for 2 weeks from the date of the kill)
  9. Fix pathing

Last edited:
Don't punish rankers for not having enough pvpers in the system, set standing 1 to have automatically 13k rp. I know this most likely won't be an issue but it punished people in the past.

Improve pet pathing for warlocks and hunters (if possible), fix charge for the bad warriors that don't know how to piercing howl.

Fix windfury since I'm going horde ofc.

Put invisible walls on safe spots in wsg (big tree stump on the east side of the map looking at it from the alliance base) (horde resto hut imo even though can get there with noggen) (and the horde wagon by gy) or ill abuse the horde wagon and you will get many angry whispers.

Nerf Ironfoe again. This may not be blizzlike, and you may disagree with it for that reason. But really, it's kind of retarded that you can spam a level 53 dungeon which has no lockout timer to get a weapon that is better than everything from Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ40, and 90% of Naxx weapons. You know, the 40-man raid instances that you can only clear once per week, rather than 30 times per day with 5 people.

This seems especially relevant with the delayed release of MC. Any half-way tryhard player will have farmed Ironfoe atleast a week before Molten Core launch, meaning he will be progressing that instance with a Naxx-level weapon.. Seems a little absurd, doesn't it?

All remaining Pet/Totem completely solved, no-longer seen as hostile by shamans or horde but only when dueling. including pet debuff with baron geddon bombs or whatever plague they get ^^ ofc not to forget their pathing & intellect vs players

More randomization for Black Lotus in both spawn spots & duration making it even harder to predict & estimate spawn time.

But really, it's kind of retarded that you can spam a level 53 dungeon which has no lockout timer to get a weapon that is better than everything from Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ40, and 90% of Naxx weapons.
I heard it's more like a BWL-level weapon now, isn't it?

Duelist heaven:
- /edit yay u can queue bgs from everywhere! :D
- CD reset NPC in Durotar/Dun Morogh (for CDs up to 10 mins).

99% it won't happen, but I'd srsly love that.

BG relevant (and actually needed):
- Make clear rules about safespotting etc., I actually don't get why you guys never did that. There's some douchy dwarf standing in a place noone else can get to, just pissing off people and making them quit the bg, this SHOULD NOT be allowed. As for the horde wagon and similar spots; some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't like spots where only certain races/classes can get to, or where u have to use certain consumables to get there. I get that this lowers the overall skill / knowledge level needed, but shit, I just don't think that this kind of stuff belongs in the game and when only 1 side can abuse it (same thing with wall-hopping @ respective graveyards).
- /edit dodging mostly fixed I suppose.
- Give incentive to queue solo or as a group (up to 5) or discourage/prevent raid groups farming PuGs all day; 10 man ranking premades made K1 PvP unbearable for a very long time. Yes it obviously wouldn't be blizzlike but srsly, the standard system makes PvP toxic as hell, is 0 fun (for BOTH parties, PuG and premade), and discourages people who don't actively rank to even touch BGs (why join if it's a stomp with everyone on your team afking?). Don't get me wrong, I believe premade vs premade is the peak of vanilla PvP, but with PuGs and premades having the same queue, I think it's a mistake to not tweak the system for the good of the community and the server.
As for suggestions: You could probably make the algorithm try to pair solo/group queuers with each other and raid queuers with each other, give raid queuers a fixed timer until they are matched vs PuGs or smthn more refined to the amount of people queuing BGs at the moment. These are just random suggestions tho, I'm aware people will come up with ways to abuse most systems too. There are surely some vanilla elitists who can come up with a better solution.

As for rankers who want to maximize honor, if u queue up as a 5 man team with a good setup etc. you should be getting a fast win nonetheless. The only difference would be u having to actually play the freakin game instead of afking in the middle and waiting for your druid to run back and forth 3 times.

Last edited:
Duelist heaven:
- BG queue NPC in Durotar/Dun Morogh.
- CD reset NPC in Durotar/Dun Morogh (for CDs up to 10 mins).

99% it won't happen, but I'd srsly love that.

BG relevant (and actually needed):
- Make clear rules about safespotting etc., I actually don't get why you guys never did that. There's some douchy dwarf standing in a place noone else can get, just pissing off people and making them quit the bg, this SHOULD NOT be allowed. As for the horde wagon and similar spots; some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't think there should be spots where only certain races can get to, or where u have to use certain consumables to get there. I get that this lowers the overall skill / knowledge level needed, but shit, I just don't think that this kind of stuff belongs in the game and when only 1 side can abuse it (same thing with wall-hopping @ respective graveyards).
- A way to stop ranking premades to dodge each other, linked to -see below-
- Give incentive to queue solo or as a group (up to 5) or discourage/prevent raid groups farming PuGs all day; 10 man ranking premades made K1 PvP unbearable for a very long time. Yes it obviously wouldn't be blizzlike but srsly, the standard system makes PvP toxic as hell, is 0 fun (for BOTH parties, PuG and premade), and discourages people who don't actively rank to even touch BGs (why join if it's a stomp with everyone on your team afking?). Don't get me wrong, I believe premade vs premade is the peak of vanilla PvP, but with PuGs and premades having the same queue, I think it's a mistake to not tweak the system for the good of the community and the server.
As for suggestions: You could probably make the algorithm try to pair solo/group queuers with each other and raid queuers with each other, give raid queuers a fixed timer until they are matched vs PuGs or smthn more refined to the amount of people queuing BGs at the moment. These are just random suggestions tho, I'm aware people will come up with ways to abuse most systems too. There are surely some vanilla elitists who can come up with a better solution.

As for rankers who want to maximize honor, if u queue up as a 5 man team with a good setup etc. you should be getting a fast win nonetheless. The only difference would be u having to actually play the freakin game instead of afking in the middle and waiting for your druid to run back and forth 3 times.
*You can que bgs from anywhere with .join wsg/ab/av
*you gain deserter if you decline a bg pop

So the K3 timeline does indeed look to have D2 (tier 0.5) quests in game prior to ZG patch. I want to assume this but I'd like confirmation due to how basic the information is.

1. Use bug tracker w/ evidence
2. Already announced :)

Thanks. Havent been following everything. Leaving lightshope and 2 60s there for this. So hope it be fun.

Are release late march? Any exact date?

Last edited:
Things like tier0.5 being available generally just made stuff annoying. As a caster your preraid bis farm etc etc got a whole lot more difficult because you needed t0.5 ring and offhand etc, that stuff was too hard when green geared and often made UBRS go from a smooth run to a 1 hour longer run if your group was dead set on doing the summonboss, which should have no place in current gearlevels.

There's enough to do as a new player not to have to deal with the whole t0.5 questline earlier than intended. It won't really bring all that many more people back to doing 5 mans anyway, the only thing I've seen working in all the years of playing vanilla on retail and on pvt servers was feenix-style daily/weekly quests which offered a small reward killing a random 5man final boss daily.

It's 8 MONTHS after launch. Also, baffling someone complains about too much content in an mmorpg.

Just wanna say thank you to the whole Kronos team! A lot of stuff has been fixed since my original post which is awesome. I guess the only huge problem left is pathfinding (both pet and world mobs stuck in objects) which I assume is being worked on by Chero so I am positive it will be resolved before launch.

One more question though, have you guys thought about disabling dishonorable kills? I think it is a very stupid mechanic that prevents many people from capital city raids and I think it could be interesting to at least experiment with DKs off to see if it can make these raids more frequent.

a serious offer/question.

I was lookin for my future chars (in k3) and tried some couple classes to level whilst waiting in k1. and noticed 1 thing and bothers me much. some certain skill set npcs has uses their skills more than an intended use. such as thunder claps (eg. the timberfur npcs in darkshore leveling zones) they starts using it immediately after aggroing you. Which results a lvl 15 npc against 16 level player they uses 12+ thunderclap until the combat ends.

i dont think it's normal and blizzlike tbh. This same goes to disarming rogue npcs. when you see a rogue npc who could do disarm: you simply fight with him barehands. theres no other way to fight against them. they keep spamming the disarm again and again.

my propably reason is:
both skill sets gives higher dmg and effectively lower your dmg against the npcs so basically npc hits more (normally 12-14 dmg hits increases to 20-25dmg with thunderclap) and which increases the diffuculty of the game.

I dunno if it's intended but tbh its just annoying to see mobs does nothing but spamming a certain skill all the time.

hopefully your team might get look onto it someday or even it may get fixed with the k3.

Top Bottom