• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wild idea for dungeon access...For the immersion lovers

WarCrack4Life

How about this idea to enhance immersion:

All dungeons and raids are LOCKED. The keys drop randomly and can be sold, are good for ONE use only, and have a drop rate that makes them valuable but not really rare. Epic keys also drop which improve the loot table for that run only.

Imagine if you will the thrill of being a level 45 and finding an epic Molten Core key and deciding if you should sell it for hundreds of gold to a raiding guild or keep it for the future? Maybe throw it on the AH and watch the bidding war begin???

To me this would be INSANELY IMMERSIVE. Maybe it's just me.

This would take zone activity up a HUGE amount which would increase WPVP a HUGE amount.

God I wish this was the norm in this genre. :wink:

Last edited:
Ehhhh... I am not too fond of the idea I'm afraid :blushing:. I read all the quests and immerse myself in the game. But altering the game/server in this way? No thanks! "Make the server as close to v1.12.1 as possible" is my motto.

I'm not expecting them to make this change but for me anyways this would take the immersion through the roof.

Disregarding all possibilities about this getting implemented, looking at is purely as gameplay, game design suggestion, which could've been thrown in before WoW initial release, I have to say, it's still not great and does not increase immersion.

You basically randomize big part of the game, gate certain game content behind this, very arbitrary, wall of "either be lucky, or rich". It doesn't add up anything to you interaction with the world in any special way (just more farming) nor players (just buy it anonymously from AH).

At any point, in any aspect, isn't this better idea game design-wise, than dedicated attunement quests, which immerse you to the world way more - you get the story behind the instance, you get to explore new places, you interact with other people completing the quest/helping others complete it and you have very clear goal what you have to do to get yourself allowed into that epic raid. And it uses standard game mechanics already used and familiar to the players in game and again, doesn't include random factor (which is most of the time not very good for player immersion and motivation).

And that part of "one use only" doesn't make sense either. Keys don't just disappear and appear in random mob as loot. What would make sense is if there were only limited number of keys to specific instances and players would have to cooperate guild-wide or even realm-wide to get one. But even still, not very good compared to current system.

Last edited:
Disregarding all possibilities about this getting implemented, looking at is purely as gameplay, game design suggestion, which could've been thrown in before WoW initial release, I have to say, it's still not great and does not increase immersion.

You basically randomize big part of the game, gate certain game content behind this, very arbitrary, wall of "either be lucky, or rich". It doesn't add up anything to you interaction with the world in any special way (just more farming) nor players (just buy it anonymously from AH).

At any point, in any aspect, isn't this better idea game design-wise, than dedicated attunement quests, which immerse you to the world way more - you get the story behind the instance, you get to explore new places, you interact with other people completing the quest/helping others complete it and you have very clear goal what you have to do to get yourself allowed into that epic raid. And it uses standard game mechanics already used and familiar to the players in game and again, doesn't include random factor (which is most of the time not very good for player immersion and motivation).

And that part of "one use only" doesn't make sense either. Keys don't just disappear and appear in random mob as loot. What would make sense is if there were only limited number of keys to specific instances and players would have to cooperate guild-wide or even realm-wide to get one. But even still, not very good compared to current system.

I guess it's subjective, does WPvP create immersion for you? It does for me. More people out in the world farming equals more WPvP.

Yes it does, it gets people out of the major cities and out doing stuff again.

As for the attunement quests you could do both, go do a bunch of quests and then that key you found can be used. I'm all for attunement quests.

The one use only does make sense because it gives the keys more value. Maybe the entrance destroys the key when it's used? It's a magical lock to a magical dungeon. Keys get destroyed when rogues use lockpicking don't they? At least in Vanilla? I thought about the limited keys, or even BoP keys idea before and decided the random, one use only keys make the most sense.

And being able to sell the keys on the AH does foster interaction between people, "Hey theres a Scholo key on the AH for 20g, lets all throw in 4g and get it."

Well, you are very loyal to that motto!

I see what you did there. Still better than doing changes to MC. When all the raids have been released it will, in the end, be true to v1.12.1.

Last edited:
So you do not mind any customization at all, so long as they get reverted before the release of Naxxramas?

The fact that the developers actually listen to people like you (who have absolutely no idea what they want) is the most worrisome thing about this server.

Before you argue for or against something, please have it come from a logical basis.

So you do not mind any customization at all, so long as they get reverted before the release of Naxxramas?

The fact that the developers actually listen to people like you (who have absolutely no idea what they want) is the most worrisome thing about this server.

Before you argue for or against something, please have it come from a logical basis.

Incase you didn't understand me in the first place -> I choose this option (releasing DM later) before changing MC IF I had to choose! But here's the kicker, it's not my server, neither yours.

If I DID get to choose then I'd rather play progressively from v1.1.0 to v1.12.1. But that ain't gonna happen here. Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

Edit: Wrong thread for this discussion anyways, sorry OP. I'm out.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea tbh, if there was an MMORPG thats still in development I wouldn't mind a feature like this in it.
But WoW as I know it is good enough. This would be too much work for the dev's and would only slow down release time more.

But a fun idea nontheless.

Not a bad idea tbh, if there was an MMORPG thats still in development I wouldn't mind a feature like this in it.
But WoW as I know it is good enough. This would be too much work for the dev's and would only slow down release time more.

But a fun idea nontheless.

Yah I wouldn't want them to delay the release to implement this but if they did in the future I would have an immersion orgasm instantly.

I've made it my goal to spread the word about this idea, already made a reddit about it, etc.

This is with all due respect one of the worst ideas I've seen on this forum.

Sorry mate, don't think this will get anywhere :)

Well I'll try.
If I understood what you meant by this post, one would have to actually risk to pay money to run an instance?

And what if me and my group runs let's say UBRS. And once we're done we couldn't re-run it if we want to cause we only have 1 key? And we'd need another one to be able to re open it?

And even if I thought this had sounded cool it would still mean to strive way way off from the actual blizzlike experience?

Got what I mean?

Edit: How long would it take to implent this kind of system? I'm not a programmer in any way so I don't know but I guess this would mean to change the game very dramatically and it probably wont be an easy task

Perhaps then we'd risk a server launch in 1 year?

Edit 2: If I sounded rude and mean in my first post, that was unintentional :)

Last edited:
Well I'll try.
If I understood what you meant by this post, one would have to actually risk to pay money to run an instance?

And what if me and my group runs let's say UBRS. And once we're done we couldn't re-run it if we want to cause we only have 1 key? And we'd need another one to be able to re open it?

And even if I thought this had sounded cool it would still mean to strive way way off from the actual blizzlike experience?

Got what I mean?

Edit: How long would it take to implent this kind of system? I'm not a programmer in any way so I don't know but I guess this would mean to change the game very dramatically and it probably wont be an easy task

Perhaps then we'd risk a server launch in 1 year?

Edit 2: If I sounded rude and mean in my first post, that was unintentional :)

Not necessarily. Depends on the circumstances of who has the key and how they got it. If someone wants to be a true capitalist they can say that people have to pay them 5g each to get in on the run. Most people would just want to run the dungeon and would pick the people they wanted to run it with based on subjective criteria. Probably wouldn't be great for that persons reputation to make people pay to help them run an instance though, but it's a possibility.

Yes, if you wanted to run an instance twice in a row you would need 2 keys. Sure makes those keys valuable and the dungeon runs valuable doesn't it?

As far as being Blizz-Like I'm aware this isn't blizzlike, imo it's better but to each their own. I'm not pushing for them to implement this before launch(delaying launch) but if they put it in later I would certainly welcome it. Maybe I should make a poll to see what the popular opinion is?

As far as how long it would take to program this into the game, I would love to hear from a developer as well about that and what they think about it.

Last edited:
Johnny la gente esta muy loca...wtf!
[video=youtube;HKrtEDKwQAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKrtEDKwQAA[/video]​

Last edited:
Several attack posts against me just for throwing out an idea.....

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of the server community in game.

Small minded folks should stick to WoD and their welfare epics.

I don't really see where you got "attacked", some might have expressed themselves a bit harsh, but no one attacked you as I see it.

The only thing it would do is making people skip low level dungeons, the original keys of the game has an well-written plot. Locking all the dungeons and spreading keys to NPC vendors would be like making an VIP item and spreading it to NPC vendors. Let's keep the blizzlike idea.

Let's not forget about the DCs that ocasionally boots the party off the dungeon/raid, the players killing themselves to get past through the dungeon gates (yeah, some game objects are untouchable by spirits), and maybe the warlocks using summoning portals to beat the system, even the portal being restricted on vanilla.

Your concept are a fail concept to a blizzlike wow server, sir. It's just like those servers with stupid ingame stuff restrictions to sell them via microtransations... You can get immersion enough by playing the game, reading the quests descriptions rather than skipping the letter, reading the books that tells about the game story, putting some nice-looking clothes on your character, etc etc..

It's like a dude here said, the most terrifying thing about this kind of thread is that the devs actually pays attention to them.

EDIT: I think that this thread should be here: http://forum.twinstar.cz/forumdisplay.php/758-Suggestions-and-comments

Last edited:
The only thing it would do is making people skip low level dungeons, the original keys of the game has an well-written plot. Locking all the dungeons and spreading keys to NPC vendors would be like making an VIP item and spreading it to NPC vendors. Let's keep the blizzlike idea.

Let's not forget about the DCs that ocasionally boots the party off the dungeon/raid, the players killing themselves to get past through the dungeon gates (yeah, some game objects are untouchable by spirits), and maybe the warlocks using summoning portals to beat the system, even the portal being restricted on vanilla.

Your concept are a fail concept to a blizzlike wow server, sir. It's just like those servers with stupid ingame stuff restrictions to sell them via microtransations... You can get immersion enough by playing the game, reading the quests descriptions rather than skipping the letter, reading the books that tells about the game story, putting some nice-looking clothes on your character, etc etc..

It's like a dude here said, the most terrifying thing about this kind of thread is that the devs actually pays attention to them.

EDIT: I think that this thread should be here: http://forum.twinstar.cz/forumdisplay.php/758-Suggestions-and-comments

Not sure where you got the NPC vendor idea? They keys would be random world drops not sold from vendors. And this wouldn't stop people from doing low level dungeons at all, the drop rate would need to be decent enough that while you were questing you would on average find a key or two for the dungeon in that zone(if there is one).

All my idea does is get people out of the safety of major cities even more(I'm aware this isn't as big of a deal on Vanilla.....) and I think people would come to see the game would in fact be better with it.

Since I've started to spread this idea online I've gotten a lot of support for it as well as some backlash but I think a lot of people are afraid of change. Not all change is a bad thing.

Also I didn't see the suggestion area if a mod wants to move this thread there I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Top Bottom