• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wild idea for dungeon access...For the immersion lovers

You adapted the gating of dungeons with keys, which i like.

Then again, why should all dungeons have this mechanic? Make the mechanic more distinct and implement it carefully, tailord towards certain dungeons.

My example would look like this:

Let's use BRD as it is already very huge and mysterious. There are several doors closed, leading to areas unknown. At least one player needs to have an "Ancestors key" (which is a random Blackrock and nearby lands drop, extremely rarily in places further away). In there, more in-depth quests about the black iron dwarves and those of old can be experienced, of course accompanied with more bosses, creeps and loot.

So as far as i'm concerned your idea calls for a more thorough tinkering, which should be done on an experimental wow vanilla realm. With that said, are there any?

Will be cool have key from some sort of epic 5 man quest, which unlock a Heroic version of istance for geared people.

will be pretty cool from my point , but sadly it will not be possible at all due all itemization problem and costum content

You adapted the gating of dungeons with keys, which i like.

Then again, why should all dungeons have this mechanic? Make the mechanic more distinct and implement it carefully, tailord towards certain dungeons.

My example would look like this:

Let's use BRD as it is already very huge and mysterious. There are several doors closed, leading to areas unknown. At least one player needs to have an "Ancestors key" (which is a random Blackrock and nearby lands drop, extremely rarily in places further away). In there, more in-depth quests about the black iron dwarves and those of old can be experienced, of course accompanied with more bosses, creeps and loot.

So as far as i'm concerned your idea calls for a more thorough tinkering, which should be done on an experimental wow vanilla realm. With that said, are there any?

It would depend on the impact leaving some dungeons open has on WPvP. If people don't go key farming and just focus on the open dungeons the concept becomes broken.

Maybe leave all dungeons under SM open as a solution to this since SM has keys already it would be a good one to start the locking with.

Will be cool have key from some sort of epic 5 man quest, which unlock a Heroic version of istance for geared people.

will be pretty cool from my point , but sadly it will not be possible at all due all itemization problem and costum content

I don't think that takes it far enough but the idea of a group quest giving out a dungeon key is a great idea.

All my idea does is get people out of the safety of major cities even more(I'm aware this isn't as big of a deal on Vanilla.....) and I think people would come to see the game would in fact be better with it.
Well, this is NOT A DEAL on vanilla, wow vanilla doesn't have casualish dungeon/raid finders or portals to everywhere. The player can stay all day in Orgrimmar, but he'll only waste his time there, so this reason to implement this kind of system is totally BS.

I think people would come to see the game would in fact be better with it.
It would become better... for you. This is just a pay-to-win idea, restricting ingame content that way would open a way to they lower the raids keys drop even more without announcing the nerf and start selling the keys on their site for real money.

This wouldn't make the game any better because wow vanilla wasn't designed to be played that way, vanilla actual gameplays mechanics is already too awesome and we don't fix what ain't broken.

What's the logic of putting an iron gate or some bonfires blocking the entrance that would dismiss for a short time after opened on all the barrens caverns? Where is written on the lore that "wild dungeons" is as (civilized) humanoid populated as the blackrock dungeons to they seal those caverns with an iron gate? What about MC, will the high elf put some grids and make a tool charge after finishing his quests?

See where I wanna get? This will not only mess with the game, but it's also lore unfriendly. The bests dungeons/raids has keys already, let's allow the lowbies take care of those bottom-feeders dungeons without putting some restriction to them.

I grant you that the most part of the futures players wouldn't feel "immersed" for having to farm a custom item everytime they wanna enter a dungeon/raid, taking several slots on the bag. They would feel restricted, leave the server and look for something more... "blizzlike".

Last edited:
Well, this is NOT A DEAL on vanilla, wow vanilla doesn't have casualish dungeon/raid finders or portals to everywhere. The player can stay all day in Orgrimmar, but he'll only waste his time there, so this reason to implement this kind of system is totally BS.

It would become better... for you. This is just a pay-to-win idea, restricting ingame content that way would open a way to they lower the raids keys drop even more without announcing the nerf and start selling the keys on their site for real money.

This wouldn't make the game any better because wow vanilla wasn't designed to be played that way, vanilla actual gameplays mechanics is already too awesome and we don't fix what ain't broken.

What's the logic of putting an iron gate or some bonfires blocking the entrance that would dismiss for a short time after opened on all the barrens caverns? Where is written on the lore that "wild dungeons" is as (civilized) humanoid populated as the blackrock dungeons to they seal those caverns with an iron gate? What about MC, will the high elf put some grids and make a tool charge after finishing his quests?

See where I wanna get? This will not only mess with the game, but it's also lore unfriendly. The bests dungeons/raids has keys already, let's allow the lowbies take care of those bottom-feeders dungeons without putting some restriction to them.

I grant you that the most part of the futures players wouldn't feel "immersed" for having to farm a custom item everytime they wanna enter a dungeon/raid, taking several slots on the bag. They would feel restricted, leave the server and look for something more... "blizzlike".

Like I said people sitting around isn't as big of a deal on Vanilla but this idea DOES give people more reason to go out in the world.

This isn't pay to win. I obviously wouldn't support the devs selling keys or anything else that's not cosmetic.
What this idea does is add another level of strategy to the game, makes dungeon runs feel so much more valuable and gets people out in the world killing mobs even more. It also puts more emphasis on playing your class well and taking dungeon runs seriously. Reputation would matter more.

Last edited:
Like I said people sitting around isn't as big of a deal on Vanilla but this idea DOES give people more reason to go out in the world.

This isn't pay to win. I obviously wouldn't support the devs selling keys or anything else that's not cosmetic.
What this idea does is add another level of strategy to the game, makes dungeon runs feel so much more valuable and gets people out in the world killing mobs even more. It also puts more emphasis on playing your class well and taking dungeon runs seriously. Reputation would matter more.

You can be against the pay to win methood, but you don't know about the staff. They could state A and do B at any time. Yes, it'd be an open gate to a pay-to-win based microtransation.

What about the lore of the game and what it has to do with these custom keys? Not everyone plays the game to reach the level cap to get the most shinny armor of the game. If it wasn't by the strong lore and the difficulty behind it, WoW wouldn't be what it was once.

Actually if someone doesn't run their dungeons/raids seriously, they're mostly kicked from their guilds.

There are several social punishments made by the players for this kind of situation, we don't need a imaginary punishment for "immersive purposes" of a single player (or the minority). The game is already immersive when played at the right way...

Last edited:
If there was such thing that could be sold for 10k gold like u said would make AH prices higher on everything. This way you are unbalancing the game even more because one epic wouldnt be sold for 1000gold but for 5000gold cause people gonna expect like, yea what the hell, some of those key finders gonna have enough gold to buy my crap from AH ... no, i dont like this :) ... I would love some organised STV Arena events, thats fun! But not youre idea. NO FUN! YOURE BAD! BAD BOY! BAD! :no:

You guys bring up some interesting points but I still feel if properly implemented this change would make the game better.

The damage to the economy is definitely something to think about.

Top Bottom