• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Summoning Stones work here?

Xadas

To all of you clowns that come to vanilla private servers and ask "do summoning stones work?" NO, i don't mean the "walk 2 people to the stone and summon your group" aspect of it.
In vanilla when you right clicked the summoning stone it would "que" you for that dungeon. other people that "qued" themselves for that instance (as long as they were in the instances right level range) would be added to your group. This is what i'm asking about, not having 2 people walk to the stone in order to summon the others.

That works. The same function is also available through innkeepers. Both are correct for 1.12.1 patch.

Wow I don't remember a function like this at all!
Is my memory failing me? Was this actually possible in Vanilla? Guess I didnt use it a lot then.

Meeting Stones were changed by TBC. Since then, they are used to summon your group mates. During Classic era they worked like Dungeon Finder that came with Wrath of the Lich King.

I remember before the cross realm dungeon finder in WotLK, there was some archaic group finder you could queue for instances or elite quests. Was that added in TBC or WotLK? It wasn't really used, like those stones or innkeepers.

Taken from the wiki patch notes:
Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about each of the dungeons.

I don't remember this at all lol. I remember the stones working as a way for one to que, but not inkeepers. Was the feature really there? If so, I completely missed it :huh: On a side note, I don't even remember anybody actually using the meeting stones in vanilla.

Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about each of the dungeons.

Wow, I have never ever heard of this :huh:

Meeting Stones were revamped for creation of summoning portals when TBC came out. Their vanilla group up function gained its own interface and was moved to main action bar as "Looking for Group" function (between the Social and System icon).

In TBC, it looked like this:

lfg.gif

But only few people (on private servers nobody) used it. So, nobody also remembers it, together with vanilla meeting stones.

This feature was finally replaced with Dungeon Finder in patch 3.3.0.

so, page 2 of discussion... 2 posts from chero, but no confirmation about whether or not it will be working...

Top Bottom