• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Your Classic hotspots and preferred areas

Well, this thread took a few wrong turns. I am not urging you to right the path however, I find all the replies entertaining nonetheless. A beer to Struckd though, one of the few to actually answer my initial query. I had the same feeling about Azshara you had about Camp Tauraje.

Bandagespecc said:
For me, grinding can be very funny, if you do it in a place you like, where the music and atmosphere is good and there are other players from both factions. (…) Desolace. I'm a minorty here. I really liked this zone. It has many good quests, and I liked the barren feel. (…) The Barrens. Nothing can describe the feeling I had, when I first entered this zone on my lvl 11 Tauren Hunter. Back then, I had really no glue what and where to go.
I very much agree on your point about grinding. In a good setting, with a bit of WPvP and gchat sprinkled here and there and, albeit this is a rather personal preference, a good audiobook playing, you can actually look forward to a few hours of grinding, especially when winding down after a good raid.
I hated Desolace the first time I stepped foot in it, as I initially misunderstood it. Had no idea about its history, centaur lore and Maraudon. It grew on me bit by bit and Maraudon ended up being one of my favorite instances.
And yes, I created 2 characters on a friend’s account before getting my own and played a Gnome and an Orc. Dun Morough was magical, and as you wrote of Winterspring, snow made it so very cozy (I always regret that feeling nowadays when I have to dig a path for my car out of the snow...). Entering the Barrens on the latter did arise a distinct feeling: crossing the bridge from Durotar into the Barrens and running up that gentle slope that brings you to the level of the Crossroads, the savannah seemed endless.

Grimnarash said:
I like Azshara (…)autumn is my favourite season. (…) I've red all the Warcraft books and I see zones in a different way than players that dont give a f*ck about lore. The game is more compelling when you know a bit more about it.
Autumn here too! And as to the second part of your post, do check this thread I just made. Let me know what you think.

cento said:
Oh, Hinterlands lets not forget Hinterlands for horde at least .. damn i love that place the whole hidden valley in the mountains theme is just wonderful, and the coast everything is just spot on (…) Anyone likes ungoro? Dunno why but every time i quested there i felt like it was only me and prehistoric beasts over there,never saw players :p
Just as in Desolace, entering the Hinterlands for the first time put me off. But the immense troll temple and the various adjacent encampments ended up captivating me too, this high-altitude place between Lordaeron and Stromgarde where the trolls still lingered was very charming. And the narrow pass leading to Scholomance, what a find!
As to Un’goro, see my original post. I spent a great deal of time in that place. Aside from Essence of Fire grinders, there were the Thorium miners to engage if things felt too quiet.

ChaseR said:
I like all the remote areas and generally the least populated zones. I see many people mention STV, but that is just too mainstream for me, just a highly populated questing machine in my opinion (as is Tanaris).
I mentioned STV as well, but, at first, I had the same reaction you did, especially since I reached it for the first time on a Saturday morning… As the day went on, it became hilariously (and off-puttingly) crowded. But it is still one of the Indian jungle-themed areas that I could abide and, at 60, you were able to enjoy its warzone aspects a lot.

Gilthresa said:
I was a raiding shadowpriest, so I spent more time than I care to think about in the North East of Felwood farming satyrs for demonic runes to keep my mana up during boss fights. I still kind of get nostalgic thinking about it, because I had a lot of really great guild conversations after raids and on off nights while I was up there farming at 2am. I spent more time in that 1 area than I did anywhere else in the game.
A fellow Felwood addict! Read your comment in the Which faction will you choose thread. Not sure what I would prefer more. Having you as Horde for WPvP or as Alliance to keep me up to date on activity across the road from Irontree Woods.

A fellow Felwood addict! Read your comment in the Which faction will you choose thread. Not sure what I would prefer more. Having you as Horde for WPvP or as Alliance to keep me up to date on activity across the road from Irontree Woods.

No need to worry. I'll be there to help keep the Horde side of WPvP in Felwood burning bright. You can count on that.

Top Bottom