• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Character Auction

Re: Kronos has a Perception Proble

forgot to mention that everything is above board on kronos. no secrets, no surprises.

meanwhile, every day on nostalruse is christmas :lol:

i should have started a blog about it from day 1, would have made a nice read for the post mortem.

I know it's not a nice thing being spiteful about another server having serious problems. But in the case of Nostalrius it's an exception for all the shittalking they had about Kronos. Reading their forum can be very interesting. Each day have their special bug. Now i appears that rag is bugged and many guilds have taking advantage of the situation. And the list goes on. At the same time, many placers are furious about the bad condition of the server and the obvious favorism of certain guilds.

I am really sure we will see many Nostalrius refugees here on saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. I like the cash shop and donations. Now I know how the server will pay for itself. Unlike Nostalrius, where they didn't ask for donations, but after some weeks, when people had much time invested into the server, they needed money for new server.

I wonder if the people who "perceive Kronos as p2w" are the same people who voluntarily give their money to Nos.

If that's the case i really do hope the world chat will be supervised since toxic behavior can scare those who are not used to it.
Yea, I hope for it too, but I'm almost sure that there'll be the great moderation at launch. What are you excepting - Chero's just launching the server and - "meh, gonna sleep"? The Kronos team is hyped too I believe :)

Imma donate for a mount cause fuck da police.

I wonder if the people who "perceive Kronos as p2w" are the same people who voluntarily give their money to Nos.

The only people saying its p2w are the wannabe hardcores on Nos who think waiting 10 minutes for an object to spawn makes them better than other vanilla players.

btw- the other "blizzlike" server just as the one-of legendary neck drop off Garr for a guild's 2nd kill. What a joke.

Last edited:

The only people saying its p2w are the wannabe hardcores on Nos who think waiting 10 minutes for an object to spawn makes them better than other vanilla players.

btw- the other "blizzlike" server just as the one-of legendary neck drop off Garr for a guild's 2nd kill. What a joke.

Yes, and on the same day where that guild exposed the GM's of favoritism of other guilds.
After the MC raid where the neck dropped, they told that the issue was resolved.

*Tinfoil hats on*

Last edited:

Best to Kronos and Nost, here's the paragraph.

""I have followed project Kronos for quite some time, and must say I am not impressed. Their really is no quality at all; the game is filled with bugs, bugs that are fixed here. Add to that the itemshop (where you can buy blue and epic gear), 10g respecc cap and character auctions making it a pay to win server.""

What a retarded post.

Its like I would say nost provides items from bosses for free...
oh wait.. .

Forfun is a nost player and you can clearly see it on how wrong his statement is.... he does not even understand the concept of what pay to win means....

What a retarded post.

Its like I would say nost provides items from bosses for free...
oh wait.. .

on nost you can dupe items and it has been proven quite often so there are a lot of very very rich players on it now + they do not even have an open bugtracer so player's cannot make reports as if they don't want to hear or fix a bug until they rage enough in a forum post....

note: the only people who call it p2w either don't know what it means or play on nost hoping that their simple trolling could attract more....

pay2win = Feenix (they allow the purchase of actual armor/weapons thorugh donation)
pay2play = nost (they are already asking players for money since they cannot keep it up for long otherwise)

sorry but kronos does not fit either of those since it can keep itself up even if people doesn't donate, it does not ask for it but offers it and players are rewarded with a small cosmetic like mini-diablo the battle-pet.

Guys do you have a link for topic where nost team ask for money?

Guys do you have a link for topic where nost team ask for money?

Here's the thread:
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3903

- - - Updated - - -

pay2win = Feenix (they allow the purchase of actual armor/weapons thorugh donation)
pay2play = nost (they are already asking players for money since they cannot keep it up for long otherwise)

Nost is not pay to play, at least not yet. They've asked for donations because honestly, the server pop is ridiculously higher than anyone had anticipated, even if half the player count are bots (and I'm still not convinced this is the case), there are still 3k+ people online during peak hours. Molten only manages a little over double that across all their realms, and they've got like 5-7 of them.

Kronos's players will speak for kronos. If it is good they'll say it's good and it will slowly attract more players. If it's bad well well see how that goes.

You're right, if it is good, it will slowly attract more players. But my point in all this is to negate or at least minimize the impact that this current perception of Kronos has on the Vanilla Community (of which is 7000+ and not the liberal 1500-2000 players that people had originally guessed).

Hi Mentat.
Hi Rawhide. That was very nice. I don't know if I've ever been addressed so formally. :wub:

Your concern is that Kronos won't have as many people as Nostalrius, but who says it needs to?
Nostalrius is buckeling under the pressure of sheer number of players they've got. what makes you think Kronos can handle that kind of load?

I seriously hope it can...

Regardless if people like the Auction house or not, or think it's pay to win or not. SHouldn't we wait untill release and see how big a crowd shows up over the next couple of months.

I mean... this will be done anyways. Might as well start off with a bang and garner the most following you can from the beginning. Some people loath not being at a server launch.

The auctionhouse might be a succes in attracting players that doesn't want to relevel again after leaving their old server...

This should be a concern because this really is straddling the line between "Pay-to-Win" and "Anti-Corruption / Server Upkeep".

Edit: I can see most of your posts are in regards to this auction house, getting the same replies again and again. So i don't really know what you are expecting to accomplish with yet another.
Especially this close to launch.

When this whole "Character Auction" first blew up here on the Kronos Forums I actually supported it as long as it is clearly documented with all sides of the debate present:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91364-Character-Auction?p=717316#post717316
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...o-other-Twinstar-projects?p=717611#post717611

Still today the only way to really learn the ins and outs of the Character Auction is to read about the Character Auction here on the Kronos Forums. Navigate BACK to the main TwinStar page (Away from the Kronos SubDomain) create a DIFFERENT TwinStar account, authenticate that shit, navigate to your account management on the new TwinStar account, find the rules of the Character Auction listed as "User Manuel". Read the nearly THREE PAGES of rules & FAQ on the subject. And then make a decision on if it is really Pay-to-Win or not (of which is still debatable)

Now... are all the people here that are logged in, ready to respond to this post going to do that? Sure.
Are the people lurking here that don't even have a Kronos Forums account that just enjoy reading up on the Kronos / Nost forums going to go do all the above? Probably not. And that is your majority of any playerbase... the silent majority.

Do I even want those people that won't do the research, to play here with us? YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!
I want that hardcore player that is lvl 60 within 4 days of launch here.
I want the 12 year old that has never played vanilla to play here (easy HKs, duh)
I want that veteran vanilla player that has a family & job now that will take 2-3 months to get to 60 to play here. He probably has EXCELLENT skills and would kick my ass in a duel anyday and be a great person to have in a dungeon group.
I want everyone to play here. I DO NOT want only the "Committed" (read: those willing and able to sink 8+ hours a day into WoW) to play here... Those are the elitists who will complain that you're not holy specced at level 19 for Deadmines so you cannot heal. Fuck. That.

even if we were to remove Character Auctions we'd still have the ''P2W taint''. Besides, it'd be like admitting they have a point.

I'm honestly torn between the desire to not bow before stupidity, and pragmatism.

They DO have a point. An official character auction where a new player can acquire a 60 within a few hours of creating an account CAN be seen as Pay-to-Win. It does not matter if that character was leveled by someone else, that time was put into that character in a legitimate way, that the character is not created "out of thin air". Being able to purchase a character with money (which twinstar points cost) can and will be considered Pay-to-Win. I don't care what you or I know what it is and how exactly it works... they don't and THEY are who matter, your potential playerbase.

This is probably very true. But they are vocal wannabe hardcores who think waiting 10 minutes for an object to spawn makes them better than other vanilla players. And when "Pay-to-Win" starts getting thrown around and connected to Kronos (or any server) it is a sure way the "Filthy Casuals" will be turned off from Kronos.

I WANT those "Filthy Casuals" to play here. I AM a Filthy Casual. It makes getting dungeons groups easier. It makes getting help with that elite quest easier. It makes BG ques pop quicker. It makes raiding guilds have enough people to fill an actual raid. It makes the leveling experience 1000x more fun. I've been having a BLAST on Nost leveling up with a gazillion people running around ganking eachother left and right, fucking over Alliance trying to do the Heart of Mokk and sniping the mob they spawned so my group gets the quest and they dont. I've been having a blast helping a Gnome mage to kill the elite he spawned 7 levels higher than him in Dustwallow Marsh for his mage quest, communicating with only emotes. I've been having a blast getting an excellent group that clears a full run of SFK in just over 30 mins, friending the tank, chatting every now and then, even though he is 25 levels lower than me now, I know that when he hits 60 he'll be an excellent guy to call on or join up with for a dungeon / BG.

I don't like the extreme amount of Bugs / terrible scripts on Nost (Rag being exploited by 3 guilds now...). It's why I am here making this wall of text. As long as Kronos' claims of having far superior scripts is true, I will gladly make Kronos my permanent home.

I just don't want Kronos to have a much lower population than it should because of a controversial P2W option that will likely not bring in much money for server upkeep in the first place.

To be honest, there's a lot of kvetching going on right now on Nost's forums re: the bugginess of it, people getting tired of the community (which is laden with trolls), raids (which have already been cleared - GG 1.4 items) not functioning properly, non-uniform treatment of guilds/issues by GMs, and a whole slew of other things. Kronos could see a bigger initial population than expected. Whether the server remains stable and bug free(r) than Nost is I think what will make people stay or go.

Forfun is a nost player and you can clearly see it on how wrong his statement is.... he does not even understand the concept of what pay to win means....

You obviously didn't read my posts. I haven't even created a Nost account. I have followed Kronos since the start of summer 2014, read before you judge and assume stuff.

I did my due diligence and corrected people on the Nost forums and set them straight, I'm a Nost player (for now) and it bugs the shit out of me when people lie about being able to buy epics and shit from the store.

i feel you frustration Azreal. that kid præisten is really spreading alot of lies. but if you think about it in another way, i think he do more harm than good putting nost in a good light.

i feel you frustration Azreal. that kid præisten is really spreading alot of lies. but if you think about it in another way, i think he do more harm than good putting nost in a good light.

Inb4 Praeisten is secretly a Kronos fanboy and he's being as dumb as possible and sucking crazy Nost dick to make Nost look bad in total.

i feel you frustration Azreal. that kid præisten is really spreading alot of lies. but if you think about it in another way, i think he do more harm than good, he's just putting Nost i bad light.

lol sorry for the double post. hehe yeah that might be true too. you know what they say, all publicity is good publicity

For F.CKS SAKE!
THIS IS NOT AN OUTSIDE/OBSERVERS OPINION!
THIS IS FACT COMINIG FROM A NERD WHO LIVED HERE FOR 4 FREAKING YEARS!
So you better just read this and shut up from now on.

P2W= paying for something better and more powerful than you could get for free
Kronos = paying for vanity stuff that is otherwise not obtainable ingame + chance to get a geared char.

Sure, you can skin the whole leveling and gearing phase if you are lucky to find a decent char on char auction, but that is not pay2win. You DONT get any better gear that others would be able to obtain and and if you SUCKED in WoW before, you will continue in being bad.

Really, this wont affect your experience. If somebody sucks with bad gear, better gear wont matter for him.
If somebody is good and buys a better geared char, well then he still wont have better gear that YOU could not get and the gear will just even the odds for him to outplay you.

TS mods should just go full Hitler and obliterate these topics, people starting them and ****ts chatching on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom