• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More players should be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Mosotti I get that you are giving some of these posters a 'reality check' but do you ever have anything positive to say? I'm not talking about blind optimism either, there are some really great things about Kronos and its population is above average, how about balancing out your posts with some of those points? :smile:

@ Mosotti I get that you are giving some of these posters a 'reality check' but do you ever have anything positive to say? I'm not talking about blind optimism either, there are some really great things about Kronos and its population is above average, how about balancing out your posts with some of those points? :smile:

He's just had a bad day at work :).

Actually I have a great day, that doesn't change the overall situation :w00t:

About the "great things", this is a thread about population, and there's nothing great about population here, generally speaking. Because personally I enjoy the low NA population, I like to play early in the morning and not be bothered by psycho ambushers, but even when I mentioned that before I was accused that I'm mean towards the NA population :laugh:

Im as usually depressed about these topics, so i agree with Mosotti. People are blinded by high pop and thats it and when they trying Kronos during non peak hours and see 300 players online, which is like 10-15x less then Nost, they forget about quality and chose populated one even if that server have like tons of bugs and is shitty :angry:
As I said before turning point was release time...

instead of poiting things out you obviously cant change or just a very little like the servers release dates and ppls mind and whining about it, you should think about things you can change which could result in more attractiveness for new players.

some here always act like kronos is doing everything perfectly right, like its just destiny that there are less players and there is absolutly nothing you can do about it. this obviously is wrong.

either you should try to change something/support changes, or you should stop crying about the situation.

Last edited:
None is considering Kronos was launched in the worst period of the year, when Nost was only a month old and summer was nearing, so very few players would feel like rerolling here and players in general tend to play less due to longer daytime and better weather.

By releasing it on 28 March the team have no doubt chosen the hardest path. It would have been much better were it released towards the end of summer, like the first half of September (e.g. ED was launched on 25 August 2012). That way it would come out even more polished, hype would build up by a lot, there would be more players craving to reroll from Nost (and Kronos not being around still would have made its current laggy state even worse) and more players around in general - hell maybe even Nost players who had a summer break - willing to resume playing after their vacation.

That's just to say it's still too soon to judge population as of yet, the realm is too young, the time of year too unfortunate and the vanilla scene conjuncture (aka Nost being still young as well) not favourable. The real Kronos potential growth will only start to unwrap towards autumn, imo. We'll see where we are by next Christmas.

Last edited:
Population is fine on EU hours only. For NA players it can be considered "fucking horrible". But even on EU hours it's in obvious decline, no matter the reason, summer, vacation, people leaving for other servers, people getting bored already with the game...

That's strange, because I played on Vengeance Wow with 60 fucking people per faction, did all instances and had no problem doing shit what so ever. And that was basically a raw mangos server with some makeup, and still people did shit in groups, ran instances while levelling etc.

In fact, everything about Vengeance WoW vas "fucking horrible" except for the fact that people joined up to do group quests and instances. You can bitch all you want about the summer decline (what a surprise by the way), late release or whatever, but you will still sit on the bankroof in Orgrimmar watching the wall of text in LFG-chan about groups needing tanks on every other server.

New player incoming here.

Not entirely sure whether to roll Alliance or Horde, which side is the underdog for PvP (the side I want to join to perhaps balance things)?

New player incoming here.

Not entirely sure whether to roll Alliance or Horde, which side is the underdog for PvP (the side I want to join to perhaps balance things)?
Alliance gets instant queues, so you should probably go for that

Hi Everybody!

Signed up this evening and just downloading the client.

After 8 years of wow, WoD has finally finished me off :angry:

Hope to see you out there in (the real) Azeroth! :biggrin:

Hi Everybody!

Very glad to see you. You will be amazed with this server in terms of scripting, character class abilities, and the instances. It's really damn good.

I had to take a look for myself why a lot of retail players are jumping ship. Holy crap, this is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Afak_npfXo&t=12m6s

6.2 is the last content patch of the 50 dollar expansion. Players are expected to run Hellfire Citadel for close to a year. I can't LoL hard enough.
Yeah, I think we're going to be picking up more players, especially as we move into the start of Autumn months.

6.2 is the last content patch of the 50 dollar expansion. Players are expected to run Hellfire Citadel for close to a year. I can't LoL hard enough.

I thought Grommash would be WoD end boss, and hellfire citadel endboss is Archimonde?

Hi Everybody!

I am in the same boat as you. WoD was a complete nightmare game play wise and lore wise. Time travel is a lazy man's plot device and can completely destroy all of the great lore you have worked hard to develop.

I just wish I could choose a class to play! I keep oscillating back and forth and will never get past 15 at this rate :)

Oh, I have played druids a lot in retail. But I love playing dwarves and I just cannot level a warrior. I got to level 12/13 and now stuff just kills me as you pull 3-4 mobs (trogs in loch modan, for instance). Paladins, I don't like the vanilla version. No taunt and the damage attacks are very limited.

Ah well. Maybe I will just wimp out and level my hunter :)

I levelled a paladin to 28 with the thought of doing tanky things...didn't work out so levelling a warrior instead. Getting past 20 is a pain but enjoying it much more this round.

I levelled a paladin to 28 with the thought of doing tanky things...didn't work out so levelling a warrior instead. Getting past 20 is a pain but enjoying it much more this round.

I too am twinking a paladin besides my druid. I am playing that character not very often though. Leveling a paladin is so boring. Cast a seal, wait, heal and repeat. I forgot about that over the years.

More players means more battlegrounds, yes.
More players does not necessarily mean more battlegrounds FOR YOU.

Its about the percentage of active PvPers per side, not about the population in total.

"plenty of shit going on"...
Who are you kidding? Its virtually the same everywhere. As someone state above. LFG spam and no tanks, LFG spam and no healers.
My statement for PvP also applies here. More instance runs/raids in total does not mean more instances or raids FOR YOU.

I've played on servers with 100 players and I played on servers with 2000. The problems were all the same and most of the time just in peoples heads.

If you get fed up looking for an instance group for less then an hour I guess vanilla wow isn't really the game for you.

Regardless of how you try to slice it, population matters to some people. When you're in an active guild here yes it is very enjoyable and you have no issues. I hit 60 and was bored out of my mind then I found a raiding guild that did regular dungeons and I was active and the low population didn't feel anything. After my guild practically fell apart I didn't bother returning and now am struggling to find a guild, is my fault for leaving and I accept that consequence but for newer players, the less people means less guilds for them when they did nothing wrong aside from not joining the server fast enough.

Population has a weird psychology to it, too much people and it's frustrating (see Nos), too little people and it's frustrating for anyone not a member to a guild. Though people will rather take the fighting for quest mobs over the vacant questing zones solely because they feel there will be a plethora of things to do. That's one reason why I no lifed it on my rush to 60 and for the time (I think maybe two weeks) I was leveling any time that wasn't my job, or sleeping (which itself took a hit because I was sleeping far less) was spent leveling. When I did this I quit going to the gym during that point and quit carefully preparing meals and would just microwave something regardless. Biggest reason for this being I didn't want to get to a point where I am now which is stuck in limbo and relying solely on PuGs to see a dungeon, or doing BGs at a certain time before the Alliance quit queuing. Being a player from NA this is critical as there are only two NA raiding guilds on my faction, neither of which have any need for my class/full on members. If there was a bigger NA population, that would potentially bring another NA guild, possibly more.

When you're in the ivory tower that is an active guild the server seems fine, however when you're outside of it you really feel the population. The population will affect active guilds in terms of their numbers also, that is why I've been on Nos recently is solely population despite my preference to Kronos, because I was able to find a guild. If Kronos had more players and there was another NA guild or two Horde side I would play here again in a heartbeat if I could get into one.

Population = Guilds, Guilds = What will keep players around due to the ability to raid and most guilds playing with themselves instead of pugging. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I would play here again in a heartbeat
Your mindset = will never happend

Someone has to start. If every NA is just sitting idle waiting for NA pop to rise it simply will not.

Of course you need to be in a guild, duh... If you can not find a guild that takes you, how about taking matters into your own hands? If you rely entirely on others to help you out then I guess you are out of luck.

Edit - the thread is dissolving into into hyperbole and troll bait. and I fell for it.

Last edited:
Edit - the thread is dissolving into into hyperbole and troll bait. and I fell for it.
As do any 5+ pages threads... I read your text anyway :p You had some good points there, but it's a good decision not to fuel this boring evil fire any longer.

Thread deserves to be closed as such a threads always deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom