• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More players should be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

azreal313

Now that Nostalrius has commited to not running a 2nd server and continuing to reduce the quality of their game just so they can barely handle more players a lot more people including myself will probably make the change to Kronos as a lot of us were hoping for a 2nd server for better game quality and less crowding issues so hope to see more Kronos population soon!

Excellent news, welcome to the server. Maybe you could subtly spread the word to some other similarly disgruntled people over that way!

Welcome!

So have they officially confirmed they aren't running a new server? I know they said they had a solution in the works but I did not realise they outrightly said they aren't opening another server. I can't seem to find anything on the forums.

I'm certainly getting more viewers today on twitch for some reason, maybe people are looking at their options like you say.

Now that Nostalrius has commited to not running a 2nd server and continuing to reduce the quality of their game just so they can barely handle more players a lot more people including myself will probably make the change to Kronos as a lot of us were hoping for a 2nd server for better game quality and less crowding issues so hope to see more Kronos population soon!
Can you explain in detail what is going on in Nostalrius ? I'm just curious.

OP is lying.... they said they're trying to find problems to fix the lag issues by tweaking some things (which I cant understand due to Viper's poor english), but they haven't outright said "we are never getting a 2nd server."

Yes, from the Announcements I get the OP could have taken it that way, but the staff hasn't yet 100% confirmed theyre not going to get a 2nd server.

Last edited:
OP is lying.... they said they're trying to find problems to fix the lag issues by tweaking some things (which I cant understand due to Viper's poor english), but they haven't outright said "we are never getting a 2nd server."

Yes, from the Announcements I get the OP could have taken it that way, but the staff hasn't yet 100% confirmed theyre not going to get a 2nd server.

what i found out is that there only solution for now is to dynamicly reduce player view distance and player rendering to reduce lag. but thats what they were doing all the time, now it just dynamicly ajusting. once again there is just hardware limitation and im pretty sure there is no accurate way to get the lag and delay away. nost devs are just saying that to keep ppl playing on their realm. but in fact it should change nothing and the game stays unplayable when the server hits eu or na peaktimes which basically is all the time.

f when some ppl come over to kronos thats great for the server ,but i also think that kronos is not underpopulated at all :) i am having a great time !

Last edited:
Yea I think the only barrier for people switching is the x1 lvling right now, while desperately telling themselves that the lag will get better in time (which most likely wont happen).

Yea I think the only barrier for people switching is the x1 lvling right now, while desperately telling themselves that the lag will get better in time (which most likely wont happen).

The main barrier for people is their own pride and ignorance, plus misinformation. You log into Nos now and start speaking to anyone about Kronos, they either don't know about it or think its a custom server.

The main barrier for people is their own pride and ignorance, plus misinformation. You log into Nos now and start speaking to anyone about Kronos, they either don't know about it or think its a custom server.
I joined nost because of the population got 60 almost got epic mount, however while the population was great then some things was bothering me ..

One i couldnt really quest or farm much as everyone was doing the same thing
Two there was a delay on every spell for me, like half a second after i pressed it, I'm European and was running with about 30 ms constantly and a stable 80/80 fiber connection with killer lan internet etc and this was bothering me more than anything els and is the sole reason to i decided to move here and start over ..

But now i'll have to pay for that move by losing my friends who didn't wanna go over and start all over no gold and almost no items on AH that is usefull to me which means anything i need i have to make/grind my self mostly

Really hope people over at Nost will see this server as the better option, friendly people here as far i can see and i can feel the difference on the scripting.. it's much better here than on Nost really Biggest downside is it could use a couple more people on the server :)

/Waves Cleopatra level 13 Holy Dwarf Priest ;)

I joined nost because of the population got 60 almost got epic mount, however while the population was great then some things was bothering me ..

One i couldnt really quest or farm much as everyone was doing the same thing
Two there was a delay on every spell for me, like half a second after i pressed it, I'm European and was running with about 30 ms constantly and a stable 80/80 fiber connection with killer lan internet etc and this was bothering me more than anything els and is the sole reason to i decided to move here and start over ..

But now i'll have to pay for that move by losing my friends who didn't wanna go over and start all over no gold and almost no items on AH that is usefull to me which means anything i need i have to make/grind my self mostly

Really hope people over at Nost will see this server as the better option, friendly people here as far i can see and i can feel the difference on the scripting.. it's much better here than on Nost really Biggest downside is it could use a couple more people on the server :)

/Waves Cleopatra level 13 Holy Dwarf Priest ;)
Sent you 1G ingame :)

Well to be honest i don't know why players went to nostril in the first place considering how obvious some of their youtube lies where such as using scripted npc's to simulate population etc.

not to mention nostril does not allow the average player to report a bug and if you look at amount of reports & fixes nostril is far behind kronos even though they only get a small percentage of the reports due to limiting who can report...

When choosing a server to spend hours/days/weeks/months of your time in why go for a low quality server that tries to overhype instead of an honest quality server ?

Kind of a no-brainer to pick Kronos over nostril considering the basic facts

Well to be honest i don't know why players went to nostril in the first place considering how obvious some of their youtube lies where such as using scripted npc's to simulate population etc.

not to mention nostril does not allow the average player to report a bug and if you look at amount of reports & fixes nostril is far behind kronos even though they only get a small percentage of the reports due to limiting who can report...

When choosing a server to spend hours/days/weeks/months of your time in why go for a low quality server that tries to overhype instead of an honest quality server ?

Kind of a no-brainer to pick Kronos over nostril considering the basic facts

I think almost all of us playing here has that in common, but high population blinds people.

As someone who played Nostalrius since release until recently because I could no longer take the lag and massive crowding, I can tell you my reason for playing on Nost over Kronos was because by the time Kronos released I already had a character seriously close to 60 and I didn't feel like spending another month just to hit level 60 on another server that appeared to have significantly less players, especially during my main play-time that being NA times. The quality of the servers was similar enough on the surface, I did try Kronos when it released and I ended up getting bored after all the dc's and rollbacks every few minutes. Eventually I was irritated with problems on Nost, I got extremely sick of the quality reduction they used to deal with the lag, I got extremely sick of the crowding, you couldn't move 5 steps without getting ganked by someone even if you didn't want to fight, I got extremely sick of the lack of quest mobs and profession gathering nodes and the Nost devs made it clear they don't care about the lag and will continue to try and hide the problem under the rug instead of dealing with it as a whole. All those reasons finally pushed me to say fuck Nost and start playing on Kronos casually.

Last edited:
If only you had sucked it up in the beginning and leveled when Kronos was released :p would have saved you a lot of time ;).

Appeared to have significantly less players? 3k at launch is significantly less compared to Nos...but by no means is it low. Its such a shame that people saw the 6k...and felt anything below that was empty...3k players! empty! sure it has come down to 1/3 of that during peak times...still 1k...empty! pft...that's brimming to me.

Blinded by population...what a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom