• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More players should be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only you had sucked it up in the beginning and leveled when Kronos was released :p would have saved you a lot of time ;).

Appeared to have significantly less players? 3k at launch is significantly less compared to Nos...but by no means is it low. Its such a shame that people saw the 6k...and felt anything below that was empty...3k players! empty! sure it has come down to 1/3 of that during peak times...still 1k...empty! pft...that's brimming to me.

Blinded by population...what a shame.

Sure 3k at European peaks, I'm an NA player, on East/West coast peak times there were significantly less than that, and everyone knows population tends to go down after launches, Nostalrius being the exception to that it seems, I would periodically check in on K's population to see how the NA times were doing but to no luck, they kept going down and down and only recently have they been going up, and I did level a hunter to 30 on Kronos, I gave it to 30 to impress me and it didn't really feel that different from Nost, it was just more difficult to make a group and the world felt a lot more empty, however, I would take that any day over the monstrosity of lag and crowding with devs that come out to talk to the community once every few weeks to say almost nothing, that's what Nost became and that's why I'm done with it and I'm sure more will follow, their most recent announcement that basically said "We're not doing anything new to fix the lag also AV is a thing we're still working on but we won't tell you how far along we are or when we think we'll release it." was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Maybe more players will come. But they need more enticing...or more importantly they need to be lead. If you really want the NA population to boom during the time you are playing. Bring more over.

Maybe more players will come. But they need more enticing...or more importantly they need to be lead. If you really want the NA population to boom during the time you are playing. Bring more over.

I lost any clout I had in the community when I started playing casually a few weeks after hitting 60 and my closest friends don't want to level all the way back up to 60 because 1. they don't have the time 2. they don't really enjoy levelling that much. People will get sick of Nostalrius and some will fill over here, especially the ones that haven't hit 60 on Nost.

Last edited:
I wasn't playing WoW anywhere else but the other day I decided to see what servers were out there and I stumbled on this one. So far I'm really glad I did. I'm enjoying myself after not playing WoW for many years. I was playing a Vanilla EQ server but got burned out on that so the next logic step was to hop onto a vanilla WoW server. It seems to me that all MMOs go down hill fast as soon as expansions start being released.

I think the biggest thing Kronos is going to have troubles with is the whole 1x leveling thing. While I appreciate it, don't get me wrong, it still makes for a hard thing for a lot of people to overcome and justify the move to another server. Leveling and then regearing to get to an equivalent level can take upwards of a month or more, depending on your state on Nost and your play time on Kronos. Frankly, I hope more people come over, because I would really like the population here to soar, and I think that unless Nost really gets their proverbial shit together, it will get better bit by bit.

I think the biggest thing Kronos is going to have troubles with is the whole 1x leveling thing.
I don't think it's the leveling, I would miss much more the progress after reaching the max level, if any, like gear and a lot of money, maybe epic mount...

But even so, if you find out that your wife is a fucking whore that treats you like shit, you would rather divorce and start over, even if you have nice memories and a house you'll be losing in the process, especially if it only takes like a month to recover...

Opening of a second server seems to be the solution, but it isn't. You can't really do that unless you evenly split the servers in the beginning, which would create a huge outrage, because people know people who know other people. The community is already formed and you can't just come and shit on it. And giving them a free transfer would most likely lead to server imbalance, so the situation is pretty fucked up. As soon as you have more than one server which are the same, one of them will automatically become "the best server", and people would flock to it...

This has happened in retail too and also on every other game using this system. When someone starts on a game they usually ask on the forum something like this "what is the best PvE/PvP server?". And the answer is never "they are all great, it doesn't matter which one you choose" :w00t:

Sorry but I'm not buyin' it.

I've constantly been met with your negative nanciness over on the Nost forums (when I'm not blotted out by mods for "advertising"), you regularly put Kronos down due to your perception of its population, and have been an avid proponent of Nost from the beginning, and now all the sudden it's oh, you decided to roll here and claim the sky is falling over on Nost? I checked out the latest announcement thread where in which you may be specifically rebounding to Kronos over, and it doesn't appear as though anyone over on that forum buys your buns either.

You started this thread because you want attention and you think by drawing attention to yourself you can enact change for your own sake. Personally Kronos can do without the drama queens.

Get to 60 and make something of yourself here before you decide you can be some kind of Nost > Kronos ambassador rallying the troops. One of the best things about Kronos is we don't really do Dev/GM vs Player drama nor is reading our boards like being on the worst section of old school /b. I'd rather it stay that way.

Well to be honest i don't know why players went to nostril in the first place considering how obvious some of their youtube lies where such as using scripted npc's to simulate population etc.
There are no real proofs about this, only suspects, but if they really added fake population, in the end it worked very well.

The first thing people ask about a server is: "How much population?". By seeing all these players (fake or true) more real player joined the server, in fact, Nost population raised week by week as soon as the word of a real populated no-pay-to-win blizzard server was around. The news arrived even on the WOTLK server I played, and many of us went there.

The "/who" change Nost made might be silly, but it has a great visive impact too on people.
Appeared to have significantly less players? 3k at launch is significantly less compared to Nos...but by no means is it low. Its such a shame that people saw the 6k...and felt anything below that was empty...3k players! empty! sure it has come down to 1/3 of that during peak times...still 1k...empty! pft...that's brimming to me.

Blinded by population...what a shame.
3K Population would be great, 2k too, but population on Kronos lowered each week, you started feeling that when there were no low level BGs anymore or it was hard to make a group for elite quest.

Now you can't even reach 1k peak...

Both server would benefit if 1k-2k players move from there to here, but they simply don't want to.

Btw they never said anything about a second server. Many people ask for it.

Both server would benefit if 1k-2k players move from there to here, but they simply don't want to.

Bet it depends on the quality of the content release. BWL is already two months overdue based on official statements, and god knows how this "pre-nerf" AV with syndicates, korrak, winteraxe trolls and all that jazz will pan out.

Bet it depends on the quality of the content release. BWL is already two months overdue based on official statements, and god knows how this "pre-nerf" AV with syndicates, korrak, winteraxe trolls and all that jazz will pan out.
Some people here asked for that shit, so maybe we lose some more people :laugh:

When I see those fucktards that say Kronos is "not blizzlike" while they play on that server that has 1.12.1 talents and 1.3 or 1.4 or whatever the fuck itemization, plus now that "pre-nerf" AV shit, I feel like that planet killer asteroid is not coming soon enough...

Some people here asked for that shit, so maybe we lose some more people :laugh:

When I see those fucktards that say Kronos is "not blizzlike" while they play on that server that has 1.12.1 talents and 1.3 or 1.4 or whatever the fuck itemization, plus now that "pre-nerf" AV shit, I feel like that planet killer asteroid is not coming soon enough...

And "pre-nerf" TUF with AOE-knockback proc. Oh wait, bet that won't happen.

Sorry but I'm not buyin' it.

I've constantly been met with your negative nanciness over on the Nost forums (when I'm not blotted out by mods for "advertising"), you regularly put Kronos down due to your perception of its population, and have been an avid proponent of Nost from the beginning, and now all the sudden it's oh, you decided to roll here and claim the sky is falling over on Nost? I checked out the latest announcement thread where in which you may be specifically rebounding to Kronos over, and it doesn't appear as though anyone over on that forum buys your buns either.

You started this thread because you want attention and you think by drawing attention to yourself you can enact change for your own sake. Personally Kronos can do without the drama queens.

Get to 60 and make something of yourself here before you decide you can be some kind of Nost > Kronos ambassador rallying the troops. One of the best things about Kronos is we don't really do Dev/GM vs Player drama nor is reading our boards like being on the worst section of old school /b. I'd rather it stay that way.

I would write a reply to this post but it really doesn't deserve one because its 100% incorrect.

I would write a reply to this post but it really doesn't deserve one because its 100% incorrect.

Not really, you also bashed me when i wrote about Kronos @ Nostril forums.
But ye, iknow what **** of shit that server is and the fanboism is strong in people over there so i dont blame you.

The amazing thing to me is that it took you 3-4 months to switch :D

Not really, you also bashed me when i wrote about Kronos @ Nostril forums.
But ye, iknow what **** of shit that server is and the fanboism is strong in people over there so i dont blame you.

The amazing thing to me is that it took you 3-4 months to switch :D

If you are who I think you are all I said was that Kronos had a very small population and it didn't make me want to play there, I would hardly call that bashing. Also feel free to look at my post history on the Nost forums, Azreal313, I've been critical of Nost since its release, I would hardly call myself a fanboy. If you actually looked at my post history I even defended Kronos on the Nost forums many times from blind Nost fanboys as you say.

Last edited:
Can we get this thread back on topic? Please bring more Alliance with you who won't only que without a specific comp in BG's and then make excuses 24/7. Keep up the recruiting good sir!

Welcome to the server all new players! Please ignore angry flaming posters (all forums have them of course :tongue:)

I played on both servers since day one so don't worry about how long this account has been here. Just level and if you bring players awesome. Ir's obviously Kronos is hurting for NA players so hopefully some will come on over and enjoy the stay.

Yea I think the only barrier for people switching is the x1 lvling right now, while desperately telling themselves that the lag will get better in time (which most likely wont happen).

I was a little worried about this. I would really like it to be x2 but I'm okay with taking time to explore the game and feel accomplished for reaching 60 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom