• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More players should be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, 1x feels so good after retail. I like actually getting to do all the quests in an area.

Not to mention now that I'm not the noob I was back in '05 leveling goes way faster than I remembered (not dying every few minutes is so helpful).

I don't think there's an issue with 1x levelling, however, I don't think most people who played on Nost and invested a decent chunk of time will reroll BECAUSE of that 1x levelling, its a gate that a lot of people won't get through because most people don't have that kind of free time anymore.

My opinion on xprates is known and mentioned in few threads already:
Making 2x xprate weekend event, announced, lets say a month before, can lure a lot of players, because It's like "Well, I already play elsewhere, but this unique event is great oportunity to see, how Kronos looks". And it's much better for new players to join in "groups" than one by one.

Making 2x xprate weekend event, announced, lets say a month before.

Never thought I would, because I have always been a hardcore 1x everything, no exceptions blizzlike-maniac, but I actually think this is cool idea and could be very beneficial. Just for the weekends or so, just one-time (or several throughout the year) event, which would only bring the pros of higher rates (more players attraction) and none of the cons (different leveling experience, imbalance in itemization, non-blizzlikeness of the server etc).

I was lately playing some Heroes of the Strom and the XP holiday bonuses were a pretty fine way of making me play more than I would otherwise.

Make a new thread and let's put it into a vote!

ps. A "bring-a-friend" short time XP bonuses would work greatly too! And it's all blizzlike folks.

Never thought I would, because I have always been a hardcore 1x everything, no exceptions blizzlike-maniac, but I actually think this is cool idea and could be very beneficial. Just for the weekends or so, just one-time (or several throughout the year) event, which would only bring the pros of higher rates (more players attraction) and none of the cons (different leveling experience, imbalance in itemization, non-blizzlikeness of the server etc).

I was lately playing some Heroes of the Strom and the XP holiday bonuses were a pretty fine way of making me play more than I would otherwise.

ps. A "bring-a-friend" short time XP bonuses would work greatly too! And it's all blizzlike folks.

I think something like this would be really awesome :)

Please let it be optional, even if it's a promotional weekend!

Please let it be optional, even if it's a promotional weekend!
Of course, I think that goes without saying.

It should be up to any individual player whether they want to a) use the weekend to the fullest and grind 24/7 for that two days, if they don't like leveling at all b) use the weekend as a minor boost to otherwise blizzlike leveling experience c) don't use it at all and enjoy the full 1-60 1x journey.

I think the goal is to make people come here without introducing "features" that will scare away existing players.

When it comes to game boosting features, nothing is optional. Most people will feel forced to used, if not by their own head, then by their guilds or friends they're playing with. ESPECIALLY if it's rare

Not to mention another non-blizzlike-fun-server label added to Kronos...

Also Recruit-a-friend was introduced around late TBC so it's blizzlike to vanilla like LFR is :laugh:

Welcome new folks! If you need any help in game or have any questions please feel free to give me a tell and I'll be glad to lend a hand!

I have never played on private servers before (honestly, never had a need until WoD). And from the two I have visited (Nos and Kronos), both servers have warriors as the top played class, and it isn't even close.

Why is that? In retail it was never this way. Do people just know better now and realize that gear affects warriors so much they go ahead and get on the train early on? Just interested in this.

I have never played on private servers before (honestly, never had a need until WoD). And from the two I have visited (Nos and Kronos), both servers have warriors as the top played class, and it isn't even close.

Why is that? In retail it was never this way. Do people just know better now and realize that gear affects warriors so much they go ahead and get on the train early on? Just interested in this.
Honestly, Warrior is just a very fun class to play. You feel really powerful in PvP and tanking is probably the most entertaining role in Vanilla. DPS warrior is also one of the few classes that has to press more than 1-2 buttons for max dps.

U don't feel very powerful when ur nova'd slowed the entire time. :>
WTB freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

Just get a whole mess of these for when you see a mage:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=5634

- - - Updated - - -

I would LOVE this. 1 Weekend a month, or 1 every quarter or something, maybe around when the Darkmoon Faire comes around so it could be tied to lore some way or another or something, maybe, I dunno. Of course with my luck I would have something come up that weekend and miss it anyway.

Anything to make vanilla leveling faster is welcomed by me.

I have a feeling a feature like this would be easily exploited since anyone can create multiple accounts and simply use a proxy or different location (work/School) to create the account. Something like what blizzard has implemented today is better, but much more complex. I have never done RAF, but from what I remember you need to be in 4 levels of each other and maybe in the same group.

I think that things like boosted XP events should be held off until most of the content is already experienced. This way it would make it fair to both the new comers and the loyal day 1 players. I still feel that in retail the BoA items ruined the leveling exp for me. That is when I truly knew it was no longer about the journey, but about "get to the end" as fast as possible. The day 1 players might be more inclined at that time to roll additional alts to have a fresh experience.

Really though the x1 is what makes me so satisfied about the server. I enjoy the grind which is pretty much non existent in not just retail WoW, but a lot of the games in the same genre today. (Looks at GW2 -_-)

In the spirit of staying on topic. If it is true or not I welcome any players to give Kronos a try and hope that they can contribute to making it that much better.

-PP

I think that things like boosted XP events should be held off until most of the content is already experienced. This way it would make it fair to both the new comers and the loyal day 1 players. I still feel that in retail the BoA items ruined the leveling exp for me. That is when I truly knew it was no longer about the journey, but about "get to the end" as fast as possible. The day 1 players might be more inclined at that time to roll additional alts to have a fresh experience.
-PP

I'm curious how increasing exp rates is unfair to those who have been playing on the server since the start? Doesn't it benefit everyone if there are more level 60's/people playing on the server?

I'm curious how increasing exp rates is unfair to those who have been playing on the server since the start? Doesn't it benefit everyone if there are more level 60's/people playing on the server?
It kind of does, the same way as would suddenly changing the overall rates to 2x. The old players had to grind the whole way the hard way, while new players have it now easier and it's less of an accomplishment. It's unfair for the old players.
Hence the "only on weekends, only maybe twice a year", to minimize this. Because at the end, a weekend of 1.5x or 2x rates is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it still brings some new players. I honestly think the pros outweigh the cons heavily here.

I have a feeling a feature like this would be easily exploited since anyone can create multiple accounts and simply use a proxy or different location
True. When I think about it, bring-a-friend is not such a good idea in a free-to-play environment. Maybe do it somehow with a twist, for example, when you bring friends, party XP with those friends would be higher, but that's too complicated. So, probably, just the weekends are better idea.

ps. An idea - "if you come from competition, we give you something". For example, showing a video of deleting lvl60 character on a different vanilla server would yield 2g starting money :) Of course, this would absolutely have to be only community driven thing - local high level players could provide this by themselves, whoever volunteers to participate in this idea. But this would a) somewhat mitigate the number 1 reason of not switching servers, that the invested time is completely wasted b) it would strengthen the community bonds, because you would get a contact with an old time player here as a first thing on the server and get a lot of information about the server if you ask (from a competent person, who is passionate about the server - remember, they're volunteers) c) reciprocation - I won't go into detail, but basically it means that a person who receives something feels more obligated to give something back, hence staying here on the server more likely

Last edited:
I know it'll never happen but I think something like trading your Nostalrius level 60 for a Kronos level 60 (with basic questing gear) could be a really neat feature and might do wonders for the population since I think the reason a lot of people wouldn't switch over is because of the stupid amount of time they've invested on their characters on the other server.

I know it'll never happen but I think something like trading your Nostalrius level 60 for a Kronos level 60 (with basic questing gear) could be a really neat feature and might do wonders for the population since I think the reason a lot of people wouldn't switch over is because of the stupid amount of time they've invested on their characters on the other server.
Just, no.

Just, no.

I don't see why it would be a negative thing? It would push people who have invested a lot of time in Nost but aren't happy there to come here and fortify the population here, and it is significantly harder to level on Nost than it is on Kronos because of the lag, the overcrowding and shitty 1.3 itemization so its not like they'd have an easier time levelling on Nost then "trading" their character to Kronos. Say the average person takes 11 days /played to hit level 60, that is a looooooooooooooot of time and most people will NOT re-roll to Kronos even if they're not happy with Nost, they will either quit vanilla entirely or they'll just sit and bare the pain they have on Nost. I think something like this could really help Kronos's population which definitely needs help on the NA front and could have some fortification in the EU times.

Last edited:
While I personally would be in favor of things like these (hell, look at the threads that ran before the server released and the options I posted there, like temporary x2 XP for voting - 12 hours of voting would get you 4 hours of x2 XP or something), I think if Kronos introduced these things, you would lose a lot of the potential players who are hardcore x1 vanilla purists. It takes away from Kronos' blizzlikeness, that people want sooo much.

That being said, I think you have already won a lot of these players and they won't leave if you make some changes. Some things in Vanilla are just broken, that's why TBC is better in many (not all) aspects of the game. Recognizing that (as Blizzard did) means you can work around it. Personally 10g respec cost is such a thing that I feel represents this mentality.

I think players need to be convinced SOMEHOW to switch over from Nostalrius (especially now that they're being frustrated and Kronos has more content to offer including a promised schedule they actually are able to keep to).
I think player numbers should be monitored VERY closely and if there isn't a steady increase to make out, especially for NA players (I'm EU, before anybody yells at me) something should definitely be done about it.
Once the word gets out of Kronos growing, you will probably see more "old" players returning again too.

It's a matter of doing something right to get the hype going, only making promises you can really keep, and I think most importantly communication and transparency from the administration.

It took me 2 months to ding 60. Right now im raiding mc and almost completing my t1 set. My experience in this server has been awesome while leveling and the scripting in some quests and raids has been the best since 2006 on blizzards. This server has everything to success, i like the character auction and love the respecc cap as they are right now, but something must be made about population.

As I dinged 60 and became a healer, i have felt myself useless outside of raids. I log every day on both eu and na peak times waiting for a group that needs a healer for ANYTHING and hours pass without any announcement at all in word channel. I dream about being able to complete my prequests. And if you are thnking about asking guild, lets say there are like other 7 healers waiting to do the same.

If i had to value my experience here, it would be like this:
Level 1-59: 9/10
Level 60: 2/10
Raiding: awesome
PVP: does it exist? I barelly got ganked and warsong queues take hours

Right now im reconsidering quit playing even thought i love kronos.

I used to lead the largest guild on the Emerald Dream 1x server (@Feenix), we got to 700 total members with 105 being our online record, and 0 trolling in our gchat. When the release of Nostalrius halved population there, and I was insulted by their admin while trying to be propositional to help that server recover, I realized I'd move the guild to somewhere else better.

I played on Nostalrius for a week, then Kronos was launched, tried it for a week as well, same zones, same classes, to be able to make an unbiased comparison. Despite the numbers on Nostalrius were overwhelming already, I felt as a guild leader - hence bound by responsibility towards so many members - I had to choose wisely and try to imagine things in perspective, to pick what would be better for them in the long run. I went for Kronos because it seemed the most promising realm, better website organization, AWESOME bugtracker (Nostalrius didn't even have one yet), better scripts, better staff.

I made up my mind, the core of the guild agreed, so I wrote a huge wall of text on our site to show everyone the results of my tests, with comparative screenshots about both realms, and possibly convince as many of them as possible to move here. Through April, 60 guildies left their ED toons behind (of course, many of them with lots of gold, raiding gear, epic mounts and whatnot) to reroll on Kronos. I myself accepted to scrap what was in our guild bank (pre-raid BiS gear and about 2500g) for the promise that Kronos represented.

So I can safely say I could single-handedly bring 60 players on Kronos, and with a little more effort and patience (more of the old members followed us in the last two months), that initial core has grown by 7 times, with 420 members currently, and the #2 largest active base realm wide. I even asked one of our ED members, DotMatrix, to enable his census site for Kronos, providing the realm with the most accurate population statistics to date: Kronos-Census.com for those interested or mistrusting my words.

Leading a large guild allows you an unmatched insight to how population twists on a realm. You can tell a realm is thriving when you are not having a hard time recruiting new players for your guild. During our last months on ED pretty much no-one would join us, on Kronos we are joined by 10-15 people a day, on average. When we started here, about 5% of our guild was made up of american players, now that percentage value has raised to almost 30%. Yet another proof of Kronos being healthy is that, despite the summer season that's just begun, the active weekly base is keeping steadily on 7000-7500 players, whereas on every private realm it's supposed to dwindle in this period.

Kronos doesn't really need boosted XP rates, bonuses nor special features of sort, and we have literally nothing to worry about. A little patience and commitment from the current players, a constant influx of fixed bugs, and time will do the rest. ED itself had similar numbers in its first days, despite there still was no competition and although it didn't provide such quality nor uptimes (hell, not even the faintest hint of a DDoS attack in 3 months and almost week-long uptimes, something like I've never seen).

Fear not, Kronos will slowly gain the upper hand.

Last edited:
I used to lead the largest guild on the Emerald Dream 1x server (@Feenix), we got to 700 total members with 105 being our online record, and 0 trolling in our gchat. When the release of Nostalrius halved population there, and I was insulted by their admin while trying to be propositional to help that server recover, I realized I'd move the guild to somewhere else better.

I played on Nostalrius for a week, then Kronos was launched, tried it for a week as well, same zones, same classes, to be able to make an unbiased comparison. Despite the numbers on Nostalrius were overwhelming already, I felt as a guild leader - hence bound by responsibility towards so many members - I had to choose wisely and try to imagine things in perspective, to pick what would be better for them in the long run. I went for Kronos because it seemed the most promising realm, better website organization, AWESOME bugtracker (Nostalrius didn't even have one yet), better scripts, better staff.

I made up my mind, the core of the guild agreed, so I wrote a huge wall of text on our site to show everyone the results of my tests, with comparative screenshots about both realms, and possibly convince as many of them as possible to move here. Through April, 60 guildies left their ED toons behind (of course, many of them with lots of gold, raiding gear, epic mounts and whatnot) to reroll on Kronos. I myself accepted to scrap what was in our guild bank (pre-raid BiS gear and about 2500g) for the promise that Kronos represented.

So I can safely say I could single-handedly bring 60 players on Kronos, and with a little more effort and patience (more of the old members followed us in the last two months), that initial core has grown by 7 times, with 420 members currently, and the #2 largest active base realm wide. I even asked one of our ED members, DotMatrix, to enable his census site for Kronos, providing the realm with the most accurate population statistics to date: Kronos-Census.com for those interested or mistrusting my words.

Leading a large guild allows you an unmatched insight to how population twists on a realm. You can tell a realm is thriving when you are not having a hard time recruiting new players for your guild. During our last months on ED pretty much no-one would join us, on Kronos we are joined by 10-15 people a day, on average. When we started here, about 5% of our guild was made up of american players, now that percentage value has raised to almost 30%. Yet another proof of Kronos being healthy is that, despite the summer season that's just begun, the active weekly base is keeping steadily on 7000-7500 players, whereas on every private realm it's supposed to dwindle in this period.

Kronos doesn't really need boosted XP rates, bonuses nor special features of sort, and we have literally nothing to worry about. A little patience and commitment from the current players, a constant influx of fixed bugs, and time will do the rest. ED itself had similar numbers in its first days, despite there still was no competition and although it didn't provide such quality nor uptimes (hell, not even the faintest hint of a DDoS attack in 3 months and almost week-long uptimes, something like I've never seen).

Fear not, Kronos will slowly gain the upper hand.

Are you level 60 yet Moradin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom