• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nost is having some MAJOR stability problems right now. Apparently characters lost their boots earlier today, and the server is constantly restarting. If this trend continues over there, and Kronos can prevent it from occurring here, then I don't think Kronos will fare too poorly. In my (limited) experience, people will tolerate bugs in quests so long as class mechanics function properly and server stability is where it needs to be.

Apparently characters lost their boots earlier today, and the server is constantly restarting.

how the fuck does that even happen? Heard they had the same issue with heads some days ago.

Data bank issues. Rollbacks are happening rather frequently it seems. If this keeps happening when the raiding starts, the server will instantly die out. No one is going to raid with potential mid fight crashes, rollbacks and disappearing boss corpses.

how the fuck does that even happen? Heard they had the same issue with heads some days ago.

They did. I'm at work right now, and I don't currently have a hat, but I did have some shoes. I haven't logged in in a few days due to a combination of massive population and unaffected spawn timers, making questing absurd, and constant disconnects. I dropped connection 3-4 times in a 3-4 hour play period Wednesday night I think it was, and have yet to be back for very long.

- - - Updated - - -

Data bank issues. Rollbacks are happening rather frequently it seems. If this keeps happening when the raiding starts, the server will instantly die out. No one is going to raid with potential mid fight crashes, rollbacks and disappearing boss corpses.

According to someone from <GRIZZLY> they had just downed Onyxia when there was a server crash and a rollback*. Apparently they'd finished looting the corpse so no one lost loot or what have you, but still.

*I have no idea if this is true or not, simply reporting something I saw - apparently GRIZZLY doesn't have a stellar reputation in the Pserver community, but I have no experience with that.

*I have no idea if this is true or not, simply reporting something I saw - apparently GRIZZLY doesn't have a stellar reputation in the Pserver community, but I have no experience with that.

Here's what's up with that.

1) Nost has (possibly 'had' if fixed) bugged item loot drops for a very large range of mobs in that greens, blues, and purples were showing up at the stock x3 stock mangos rate. It hadn't been adjusted when the server launched. Again, this might be fixed now.

2) The Beastslayer enchantment(s) were bugged in that they didn't apply their damage bonus as a small set amount to melee weapon swings. Instead, it was acting as a total damage bonus multiplier for a final total, and this was also being applied to spell damage (including AoE spells). This is also supposedly fixed now.

3) The Stranglethorn Fever questline had an unlimited number of Gorilla spawns, with bugs 1 and 2 being taken advantage of by certain players in a rush for making level 60 combined with an absurd amount of gold collected. This is supposedly fixed now as well.

The above are facts, but what is a matter of rumor is how many players took advantage of the situation, and how many were Grizzly members. I simply hope that Kronos isn't put into a situation of having something similar happening. Hopefully our Beta testers have located the most offensive unlimited spawn bugs along with bonus damage issues like that.

Edit - you know, I'm paranoid. I'm going to test that one now. The 1000 needles quest too on the Grimtotem plateu that has the winged serpent spawn as well. That one was being abused for twink blues drops.

Last edited:
Here's what's up with that.

1) Nost has (possibly 'had' if fixed) bugged item loot drops for a very large range of mobs in that greens, blues, and purples were showing up at the stock x3 stock mangos rate. It hadn't been adjusted when the server launched. Again, this might be fixed now.

2) The Beastslayer enchantment(s) were bugged in that they didn't apply their damage bonus as a small set amount to melee weapon swings. Instead, it was acting as a total damage bonus multiplier for a final total, and this was also being applied to spell damage (including AoE spells). This is also supposedly fixed now.

3) The Stranglethorn Fever questline had an unlimited number of Gorilla spawns, with bugs 1 and 2 being taken advantage of by certain players in a rush for making level 60 combined with an absurd amount of gold collected. This is supposedly fixed now as well.

The above are facts, but what is a matter of rumor is how many players took advantage of the situation, and how many were Grizzly members. I simply hope that Kronos isn't put into a situation of having something similar happening. Hopefully our Beta testers have located the most offensive unlimited spawn bugs along with bonus damage issues like that.

Edit - you know, I'm paranoid. I'm going to test that one now. The 1000 needles quest too on the Grimtotem plateu that has the winged serpent spawn as well. That one was being abused for twink blues drops.

I knew about the beastslayer one. Some guys in my guild over there found that and we had a jolly laugh* about it.

*By that I mean we complained on TS how ridiculous that was.

I read "Mangos" everywhere. Someone explain shortly what that is?

the emulator base used to run private vanilla servers, and shitty private servers like nostalrius don't take the time to fix what's wrong with it. it's incomplete if you just pick it up and run it, meaning only serious devs like kronos will have it running anywhere near back in the day.

Nothing really is "hard". Its time consuming. Every little bug, even the smallest, can take several hours to solve.
Group xp should be fairly easy and fast though.

Yes, I think Kronos have every chance of sucess. There is alot of people playing on Nostalrius (myself included) that are getting tired of the numerous disconnects and rollbacks. Add to that some bugs and, in my opinion, simply too many people everywhere to enjoy questing. I think we will see a good number of people trying Kronos out. Do not despair :)

I'm just playing on Nostalrius until Kronos release. Nostalrius community is the worst and most toxic I have ever seen, the server crashes alot and has lots of bugs. There are many exploits, cheats and scammers on the server, and the staff doesn't give a shit about it. I hear many people, who has found already and is waiting for Kronos. Now Nostalrius is even asking for donations.

don't lose your hopes. Kronos will be good.

see you in Azeroth on the 28th.

it is my sincere desire people will stop using the word "toxic" to describe bad behavior

Well I actually think toxic is quite a good description.

There are ****ts, kids, noobs and so on and I can mostly ignore them quite well.

To me toxic describes that kind of behavior that makes you want to stomp in heads :biggrin:

It's hard to put in in words for a non-native english speaker, but Kronos and Nostalrius are almost polar opposites now when looking at the forums.

Here we have most people engaging in polite conversations, usually consisting of well-thought arguments. Sure there are some disputes, but hardly ever resulting in excessive cursing.

I've seen a lot, but I'm not used to the amount of cursing, racism, badmouthing and yelling to each other like currently found on the nostalrius forums. Apparantly there are no moderator... or if there are, they aren't doing their job very well.

I know the forums only constitute a minority if the people playing the game. But it's alarming how fast Nostalrius is declining in a hate-forum.

At this moment I don't think there is anything to 'recover' from. Nostalrius can keep those players.
I rather have 2k friendly players and a tight friendly community, then the current environment on Nost.

It's hard to put in in words for a non-native english speaker, but Kronos and Nostalrius are almost polar opposites now when looking at the forums.

Here we have most people engaging in polite conversations, usually consisting of well-thought arguments. Sure there are some disputes, but hardly ever resulting in excessive cursing.

I've seen a lot, but I'm not used to the amount of cursing, racism, badmouthing and yelling to each other like currently found on the nostalrius forums. Apparantly there are no moderator... or if there are, they aren't doing their job very well.

I know the forums only constitute a minority if the people playing the game. But it's alarming how fast Nostalrius is declining in a hate-forum.

At this moment I don't think there is anything to 'recover' from. Nostalrius can keep those players.
I rather have 2k friendly players and a tight friendly community, then the current environment on Nost.

Then you should not read the world and LFG channel. The hate and bad mouthing there is insane even though the channel have been closed and heavely moderated many times.

Trust me. IF Kronos will have 2k players, there will be just as many toxic (I also hate this word) players. You can't avoid it.

Trust me. IF Kronos will have 2k players, there will be just as many toxic (I also hate this word) players. You can't avoid it.

Be that as it may, but the forum rules here would mean they could be banned from spewing the kind of shit that is all to prevalent on the Nos forums.

What I can see regarding Nostalrius is the Dev-Team opening Donation Shop since they can't handle this server smoothly with more than 5K Players.

I sincerely don't know how they're planning to manage this, are they going to create another server if they don't gather enough money or vanity items in order to encourage more players to pay ? They could also create a queueing system not allowing more than 5000 players online.

Also they think that they will keep this huge playerbase if not increasing it BUT a lot of players are waiting for Kronos which could mean that Nostalrius Team would not have anything to do because their server is going to loose some players and possibly regain its stability naturally.

Moreover, I would like to mention that few players are already selling bug exploits for real money and that's a pain in the ass...

Anyway a retail Vanilla server had 2500 players so having twice more is not a necessity if not an issue (leveling kinda long and annoying if you are not among the leading pack).

Last edited:
What I can see regarding Nostalrius is the Dev-Team opening Donation Shop since they can't handle this server smoothly with more than 5K Players.

I sincerely don't know how they're planning to manage this, are they going to create another server if they don't gather enough money or vanity items in order to encourage more players to pay ? They could also create a queueing system not allowing more than 5000 players online.

Also they think that they will keep this huge playerbase if not increasing it BUT a lot of players are waiting for Kronos which could mean that Nostalrius Team would not have anything to do because their server is going to loose some players and possibly regain its stability naturally.

Moreover, I would like to mention that few players are already selling bug exploits for real money and that's a pain in the ass...

Anyway a retail Vanilla server had 2500 players so having twice more is not a necessity if not an issue (leveling kinda long and annoying if you are not among the leading pack).

Could not agree more

You can't get totally rid of them anywhere, what you can do is to mark them up so others can see who are the di**s. Recently i browsed the Nost forums again and nothing changed there, i get the same feeling over and over that community there cannot be saved.

I am not worried about numbers on launch, i rather have lower population from start which will raise up during the time than big population that will decrease because of lags, ****ts, restarts etc.

Let's just hope that Kronos will be stable, won't have any gold or xp exploits and we will be fine :).

It's gonna be a matter of management and quality.

If people are not bothered by the Character AH and Vanity Rewards; they will give a chance to Kronos.

If Kronos has a better level of quality then people will be more interested but if it's slightly the same I think players on Nostalrius will not move at all. Kronos has to worth the travel and not just be a "little improvement" otherwise it will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

The Nos forums really are disgusting. Lots of racist posts, people posting bugs and exploits getting flamed, etc. Community is shit. Hope Kronos bans these people and don't let them grow here.

All you do is harm the longterm life of your server letting racist scumbags and exploits stay there.

Last edited:
I do have to say that while I have an account on Nos, and don't really have any loyalty to either project, I am experiencing a bit of schadenfreude with Nos having the problems it is, given how aggressive the "Kronos is shit, Nost is the bestest" I saw on reddit and their forums prior to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom