• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, dodgykebab is planning to make report on nost and kronos as well, so lets hope that he will be more satisfied with Kronos :biggrin:

It's gonna be a matter of management and quality.

If people are not bothered by the Character AH and Vanity Rewards; they will give a chance to Kronos.

If Kronos has a better level of quality then people will be more interested but if it's slightly the same I think players on Nostalrius will not move at all. Kronos has to worth the travel and not just be a "little improvement" otherwise it will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

You've hit the nail on its head here.

The main arguments I've seen over and over when discussing Nost v Kronos is the "non-blizzlike" additions (respec cost being #1) and the dreaded "Character Auction" which has been misconstrued numerous times and has turned into the 'Mass' thinking that you can pay for instant 60 on Kronos. Now, while this is not the case at all... That doesn't matter. Let me be clear on that. It, does, not, matter. I had actually argued before in another thread that the Character Auction was fine, but for the simple fact that it is turning off so many potential players... it is not fine. The character auction is doing more harm than good at this point: the number of players it is completely turning off from Kronos will not be offset by the minimal income it will bring in to support the server.

The general consensus is this:
  • Kronos is better scripted than Nost (currently unproven... but this is what the Team has promised)
  • Nost currently has the population (6k+ confirmed)
  • Nost is more "blizzlike" because of their gradual release of content / no modified costs / no auctions
  • Kronos has "near-blizzlike" because of their lower respec costs / character auction
    • This seems to be split 40/60 with those arguing it will help keep the server active vs those who claim it is not blizzlike so it should not be implemented, and those thinking it is instant 60 access (again, does not matter if it is or not, this is now what they think it is)
  • Kronos has a more professional feel, emanating from Twinstar investments

Many people have already invested ALOT of time into Nost and will need SERIOUSLY GOOD reasons to switch to Kronos.
  • Those good reasons will be:
    • Population / activeness of the population
    • Scripting (even the small things)
    • Server stability (no small rollbacks multiple times a day)
    • Professionalism / (non)-corruptness of Devs

Its just after 12 est, which means its like 4-6 EU time, right when people are either still or at work. I play late night US EST and there are usually at least 20 or so people on alliance side, and around the same horde side.

I wouldn't worry too desperately about potential population just from current numbers during a beta test.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, dodgykebab is planning to make report on nost and kronos as well, so lets hope that he will be more satisfied with Kronos :biggrin:

My hope for that is that he releases his reviews simultaneously, so people get an impartial view of both servers at the same time. However I doubt that'll happen, and its understandable why he wouldn't want to get in the middle of a Nost vs. Kronos debate by doing something like that.

I see there are 20 people online on the beta. That's NOT a good sign.

That actually has nothing to say at all, it's more than 2 weeks into BETA. During the typical gamer times 7pm+ there normally are 50~ on both sides, but then again, it's more than 2 weeks into BETA, people r getting bored of it. Do u even know how many people went into BETA on the first day?

My hope for that is that he releases his reviews simultaneously, so people get an impartial view of both servers at the same time. However I doubt that'll happen, and its understandable why he wouldn't want to get in the middle of a Nost vs. Kronos debate by doing something like that.

If he didn't do that it would be pretty dumb tbh. Nost vs Kronos is still a hot topic and if he did a commentary on that it would give him a lot of views and recognition.

If he didn't do that it would be pretty dumb tbh. Nost vs Kronos is still a hot topic and if he did a commentary on that it would give him a lot of views and recognition.

True, but it would also mean postponing the video, including a review of Nost for at least another month, if not longer.

It's only a sign that most people don't want to beta test. They want to play the real thing.
Well, the problem is that if people want to play "the real thing" instead of just waiting 2 more weeks for the supposedly "much better server", that's disturbing as hell to. Many say Nos is "shit", still they have more players than any private server has ever had (if the numbers are not faked). Now we had a pretty shitty server that had a rather high population (ED) and people didn't really flock to the "better servers", like Rebirth, which had like 200 people online. People rushed to Nos and most of them will be in or near end game content, if that's not completely fucked up, I don't see those people, already in guilds, with lots of friends, coming over here...

I have no intention of playing on Nos since I believe Kronos is indeed better. If Kronos doesn't retain at least 500 players per faction 1 month after release it will fail horribly. Somewhere around 1k would be perfect, but I'm very skeptical about that happening.

Do u even know how many people went into BETA on the first day?
That's irrelevant. If they tried Kronos beta and went back to Nos, that means they were not very impressed, otherwise they wouldn't spend time on something they won't play...

I see a lot of comments how Nos is shit, but more than 2 weeks after release their population is going strong, which means it's either not so shitty, or people don't care. Or both.

I see there are 20 people online on the beta. That's NOT a good sign.
Lol we're getting burned out, dude. Most of the people who did the mass of bug reports once the open Beta started did so with the goal of "Oh crap. The early and mid game content of 1-40ish is the most important for first impressions! We gotta test this!"

Well we did and nearly everything's been found and reported. That took some time, especially with class ability testing. Actually, it took a lot of time. All of the things the Devs need to know to have a super launch is on their board. I'm sorta relaxing until the launch. I'm sure other testers are too.

Well, the problem is that if people want to play "the real thing" instead of just waiting 2 more weeks for the supposedly "much better server", that's disturbing as hell to.

I think u'r interpreting 2 much there, just wait it out, not like we will have to wait a year for release.

• Nost is more "blizzlike" because of their gradual release of content / no modified costs / no auctions
  • Kronos has "near-blizzlike" because of their lower respec costs / character auction

How grown, rational men and women can be "seriously put off" by being able to respec for 10G is beyond me. Like, in what fucking universe is that really tipping the decision in either direction? And to follow up on this "logic", I'm looking forward to the face of Nost players when they are farming 50G respec's in their blizz-like spawntimed, overpopulated, outfarmed, zero-noded, choke-point congested endgame zones.

How grown, rational men and women can be "seriously put off" by being able to respec for 10G is beyond me. Like, in what fucking universe is that really tipping the decision in either direction? And to follow up on this "logic", I'm looking forward to the face of Nost players when they are farming 50G respec's in their blizz-like spawntimed, overpopulated, outfarmed, zero-noded, choke-point congested endgame zones.

They're THAT pathetic.

I haven't been following this thread much, because I don't understand it. What does Kronos have to recover from, exactly? Its original run? I don't think so.

Not to mention the exploits Nos is now dealing with. I agree though, 50g is not easy for most to farm in Vanilla, it is just an unnecessary hurdle and absolutely discourages talent modification. It wasn't a good idea to be honest.

As for Character Auction, it's just addressing an issue that currently happens on all private realms and retail, and eliminates the scam from it. Blizzard is in the process of doing something like this, except for Game Time. Soon, you'll be able to buy "Game-time" tokens from the Auction House that are automatically set at a pre-determined value based on realm economy. The price cannot be modified by anyone except Blizzard, and the tokens cannot be resold. This means that people looking for gold can purchase game time tokens with real money, and sell them to players that have plenty of gold and would rather cash it in on "free" time. It fully eliminates the scam people face from in-game sellers. imo this is a great idea, and the character auction is too.

The more I play on Nost the more I can't wait for Kronos. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The bugs and community kind of ruin it.
One example is I reported a bug on the forums where a rogue could distract the enemy faction off the boats and every single response was "good job show that scum to choose the wrong side". Nobody cared at all that you could fall through the boat lol

I think Kronos will be fine.

These days since I'm playing on Nostalrius I took the habit of visiting their forum as much as I do Kronos's and the toxicity is beyond words to describe... Can't believe it, it's almost as if they were TRYING to be a parody. Litterally every thread providing criticism about bugs, exploits, moderation abuses, dev transparency, ninja, scamming or about the overall community are simply and repeatedly met with quality posts such as ''qq more'', ''l2p'', ''faggot'' or the usual ''kronos fanboy'' accusations.

Sure one might say ''Well, this is the Internet, all communities are like that.''. Yes, there are and will be bad forumers on Kronos, I mean come on we have Borislav. But simply the fact that Nostalrius gets the hardcore purist type whereas those who choose Kronos will be people who are both more patient and more lenient gives me the feeling this'll be an overall better community.

How grown, rational men and women can be "seriously put off" by being able to respec for 10G is beyond me.

Aye, couldn't have worded it better.

So, less than a month in and rag is dead apparently on Nost. Both he and majordomo dropped no loot as well apparently

GG 1.4 items making PvE more difficult.

Last edited:
So, less than a month in and rag is dead apparently on Nost. Both he and majordomo dropped no loot as well apparently

GG 1.4 items making PvE more difficult.

the 1.4 itemization was only ever an attempt at buying time to fix bugs i reckon. and a big lol to that seeing as all the major bugs still exist

I just wonder. How the many players going to farm for gold and reputation on Nostalrius, when spawnrates are not inscreased? I bet there will be alot of whining because people cant get gold or rep.

Another concerning think about Nostalrius is account and character safety. If you your character is being deleted due to hacking, you cant get it back. A poor guy at Nost forums lost his lvl 60, because he was hacked and the team refuse to give it back to him.

A question about Nost: I am level 31 there on my rogue and trying to do this quest chain, but quest nr3 says I am incapable of taking. Probably cause of my level since the '!' is grey. Is this how it is supposed to be? I even follow a guide that tells me the quest should be availible.

Oxnaggoz: Wrong place to ask this question mate. Better go to nost's forums for that stuff.

Also, this thread is starting to become rather pointless. Maybe better to just lock it down. There is no need for all these negative emotions.

blueberry3 said:
Nostalrius player bots.

Playerbots on Nostalrius? by Zzuk
Nostalrius Bot Review by Dani GH
A guy testing on how many players really are in Elwynn Forrest. Check video comments

Example

Fake players example

Kinda ironic when it comes to their so called stress tests :)

Stress Test Nost
Gnome invasion Nost

Kronos guy using Census by Psojed

Molten Core Cleared and NO loot from RAGNAROS

Pyrewood Village event not even working

Enjoy getting lvl 1 - 47 under 6 hours

A quick look at their forum for bug posts. by Frazier Gohardly

Remember that is only the beginning and all this info anyone can find very fast.

Reality is that even their so called Anti-Cheat is not working against the popular cheats and some people are duping already.(*Hint* Hinterlands)

Interesting post from other forum.

Also i would like to say that some ppl have very HIGH expectations from Kronos. The start of the server will be the same like every other private server. That means: server crashes, rollbacks, new bugs after patches, exploits etc. These things simply cant be avoided with few stress tests and small beta tests. You should be prepared for that. I have played on Twinstar wotlk and cata servers so i know what i can expect. Dont take me wrong. I am waiting for Kronos, becase after my experiences i know these devs are working hard on their servers, fixing bugs, lags, doing right decisions (confiscate exploited items etc.) really FAST. The Kronos will be good server, it will take some time(weeks/months) but it might be the best vanilla server out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom