• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

The philisophie of the WoW-Addon-Community

• I think a license system is fair and justified considering the work

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Addons have to be free, I will never donate or pay sth, just give it to me

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Addons have to be free and I would consider donating for a good project, that I like

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • Addons have to be free but I'd show my support by sth else than donating

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Can't decide but I'd like to contribute towards the goal

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tested syncing in aq20 and uploaded a log last night, no issues

updated my UI package today

Last edited:
Build 66:
- Fixed HotDispelSync error
- Updated toc
- Pet interrupts merge now with the owner if the option is enabled
- Individual active time is now a little more accurate
- Fixed interrupt tooltip
- Absorb ticks can no longer be higher than the absorbtion value of the shield itself
- other fixes

cheers!

Hi im having an issue with resetting the metre on joining a group. I have it set to "YES" reset when joining a group, but it never resets.

When testing and inviting a friend after re toggling the options it says I am not the leader or an assist, when in fact I am the leader.

I've been getting weird micro freezes lately using dpsmate, had to disable it and the issues resolved. (not memory dumping freeze)

Okay. Could you try to look if the syncing is causing the issue. Just disable syncing and see if you still get those freezes.

cheers!

Edit:
Happy Birthday DPSMate.

Yea I'll test it out see if that is causing the freezes. Just a quick question, I can't find in the options to make Dpsmate have 2 columns like you could with swstats, the option must be buried somewhere as I can't find it, any help?

0P6bF7S.png

The freezes in question seem to happen after long periods of playing. It might be addon memory dumping as memory usage limit climbs up over the 200mb range after a long time, when it memory dumps there is a lengthy screen freeze. Haven't had this symptom while the addon has been disabled.

With the addon enabled fubar performance thinks it will memory dump every 6mins or so but was doing it every minute since i see like 500kb/s addon usage spikes out in the world solo and would fill up fast, if that makes sense.

Also I see random peoples names filling DPSmate's meter and resetting quickly afterwards. Dunno why it would be collecting data from random people while ungrouped.

Hey,
no there is no option for multiple columns per row.

I see. Okay, I'll investigate this.

This is to enable pvp data collection and non grouped data.
If you don't like that enable the filter: "group only".

cheers!

Thanks for the support mate, Im running dpsmate today with sync off, will report how it goes.

Edit: been on for about 8hrs so far and haven't had any sudden spikes in memory usage yet or high memory limits. Been doing dungeons etc aswell, it's been good.

At 83mb threshold currently. The other day I was 220mb+ :O

Last edited:
Hey,

first of all I'd like to say how much I love your work. This is really a great tool and much better than all the alternatives, the amount of functionalities it offers is truly amazing.

But there's one bug I encountered (maybe it's only me, I find it weird that no one pointed it out, yet):
Upon comparing it with SWstats and Recap i found that DPSMate's values for DPS and EDPS differ quite a bit from the other two although they record the same values for total damage done. If you look at the damage-time graph you see that the tool correctly logs the combat duration and dividing the total damage by the duration yields the correct DPS. I'm not sure how you handled the DPS calculation but the values are all a little too low.

Hey,
this has been pointed out yet and has a simple answer.

The combat time definiton of DPSMate is different from SW_Stats and Recap. DPSMate has a raid combat time. Meaning if anyone in your raid is doing sth, the combat time will continue for a small time. Which means someone killing a rat results in extra 0.25 sec combat time although he instant killed him. This system enables me to do lots of neat functions.

The EDPS is the pure combat time of a player. Meaning the amount of time a player was listed as "inCombat".

Hope that answers your question.
cheers!

someone killing a rat results in extra 0.25 sec combat time although he instant killed him.
The EDPS is the pure combat time of a player. Meaning the amount of time a player was listed as "inCombat".

I was aware of that but I ruled this issue out by testing alone without any party members by fighting individual mob enemies. In this case EDPS and DPS are equal (as they're supposed to be) but they are both still lower than they should be. I'd suggest to see that for yourself, pick a random enemy, beat him down and compare the DPS as shown by DPSMate with the damage done / combat time or alternatively with the other damage meters. The discrepancy is quite large (at least at lower levels at which I tested it) and about 20%.

Where is the option to not sync with other ppl. I find it annoying how i cant start a new segment without being the raid / party leader.

Amazing addon btw!!!

@Geigerkind, is it some way possible to not make DPSMate to automatically toggle on login?

DPSMate is not automatically toggling itself on login. If you have some hide options enabled, those might cause it.

Build 67,68:
- Lots of Bugfixes
- Added visitor2 as font
- Fixed effective combat time visual issue and calculation
- Other

cheers!

Top Bottom