• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Big thanks to <Vanguard>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruktuku

Authorized
Thanks to <Vanguard> and Klngjoffrey for ruining the scepter of the shifting sands quest chain by getting the loot turned off for the entire server. An astounding achievement that warrants no ban. A round of applause for them all!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

11,000 rep in a single day, amazing!

Last edited:
In all seriousness, can we get some information on what was done? If it's being fixed there is no issue with divulging the exploit.

I hope punishment is granted appropriately.

So how many more times is it going to take for this guild to be banned? If I break the rules I get banned almost instantly, they break the rules and it's like the rest of the server gets banned for their exploitation.

Anyway I'm going to be taking in-game bets now on the next time Vanguard will cheat to get ahead of the rest of the server.

So how many more times is it going to take for this guild to be banned? If I break the rules I get banned almost instantly, they break the rules and it's like the rest of the server gets banned for their exploitation.

Anyway I'm going to be taking in-game bets now on the next time Vanguard will cheat to get ahead of the rest of the server.
What other things did they do?

I hope we can get a reply from Chero as this is something that is effecting the whole server..

They were exploiting to loot 11,000 Silithid Carapace Fragments to turn in for rep for the Brood of Nozdormu.

What other things did they do?
Well, only 'cause you asked so nicely...

The entire thread on the modification involving Warlock Summon in the news section is attributed to them as the cause. Which is sort of especially pathetic considering the recourse that was available to them during this x7 exp event intended to draw in new players to the server, and how they used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyNitNQDas

http://postimg.org/image/fyho8ydq5/
http://postimg.org/image/8wjqmra4d/

The intent on coming to a Classic server to re experience an old game is kind of lost on some people.

Edit - Horo, The topic of this thread appears to be calling out a specific guild for underhanded tactics and a neglect of concern for what the server staff intends for the players. So that's why I posted my findings here, for readers to consider on their own.

Last edited:
off topic: The announcement of the x7 EXP event happened after this summoning lock debate took place. They're two different topics. You can't use that as an argument to insult people.

Well, only 'cause you asked so nicely...

The entire thread on the modification involving Warlock Summon in the news section is attributed to them as the cause. Which is sort of especially pathetic considering the recourse that was available to them during this x7 exp event intended to draw in new players to the server, and how they used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyNitNQDas

http://postimg.org/image/fyho8ydq5/
http://postimg.org/image/8wjqmra4d/

The intent on coming to a Classic server to re experience an old game is kind of lost on some people.

What the fuck.

+1 to all the other EU guilds that got 10k+ rep that day and somehow slipped by untouched. Gratz to NA on starting the event 10k behind ontop of several days late. Cheers to the War Effort.

So is it going to take 1 more strike for Vanguard to be banned? I feel like that's the situation here, I feel like were fucking playing baseball.

Dear Kronos,

Unfortunately we found out there is an issue with Silithid Carapace Fragment which allowed players in group to multiply the looted amount beyond the correct number of items.

An announcement was made right after we confirmed the issue in order to attempt to stop the abuse of this exploit. We have been receiving reports even after the warning that players continued to take chances and benefit from the exploit.

With no reports to date in the bug tracker, we had a feeling that no one from any guilds cared about the issue to be resolved.

This left us with two choices:

a) complete rollback for the chain quest progress and Brood of Nozdormu faction after Kronos has been patched
b) stop the abusive behavior of players until the fix has been applied

We decided for the second option, as we did not really want to reset the progress for everyone.
We have to underline that there is no real way to find out who has been abusing or not without a great deal of effort (who farmed in a legit way, who didn't).

We have taken action to temporary disabled the ability to obtain Silithid Carapace Fragment and quests The Hand of the Righteous/The Path of the Righteous.

All Silithid Carapace Fragment are going to be removed from the game from every player upon relog or similar action.
There is no way to avoid not losing these items as there will be a server update prior to enabling the items and the quests again, which will remove the currently held items.

We are investigating who has been guilty in this matter, and will be punishing these players. Once again, there no way to easily determine which players abused the exploit from those who didn't without a lot of work (which we will begin to put in)

We understand our players frustration, but we had no other choice and are extremely disappointed that a portion of the population have put us and you in this position.

Thank you all for your patience and cooperation. We try to bring back the War Effort atmosphere as soon as possible.

[TD="align: left"]00:57[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Klngjoffrey[/TD]

So can anyone tell me why im banned for one week?

[TD="align: left"]01:00[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Matheson[/TD]

login on twinstar.cz and check the ban reason

[TD="align: left"]01:01[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Davros|Busy[/TD]

Pretty sure you probably know why you were banned

Fagson facepalmed

I'm just going to quickly comment on a few things since I would prefer it not turning into a giant shitfest.

Firstly, it's interesting that a Vanguard member is the only suspended one, despite several others abusing this and GMs admitting they have no proof. Maybe Onslaught kicking and screaming finally got them somewhere?

And the "third strikes" and whatever other nonsense is being posted about is just that, nonsense.
Warlock summoning was never against the rules. The mechanics were later changed, and we are adapting to that.
The spider video is interesting, because I agree it does seem like a strange thing. I believe rislotto (who can be seen in the vid) was the one who discovered this, and he asked GMs if this was fine, and got their approval. This seems to have been changed later, and so we stopped doing that.

We will keep optimizing as best we can without breaking rules. If the rules get changed then we will change to accommodate the new rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom