• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Black Lotus

Sfizia

Hello everyone,

I usually never come here, let alone write a topic, but this new thing really surprised me.

Why would Kronos staff add +100 spawn locations on every zone that has a Black Lotus, and most important.. why there was no announcement?

I dont think we never had any problem with Black Lotus, if you spent time searching it, you would have get it. Simple as that.

Issues we'll have now:

I checked locations on the database, am pretty sure few of them wont be lootable, since they are in really weird spots. What will happen when no player can loot that lotus? Make a ticket everytime and wait for a GM?

Another question, did you make BL with a dynamic respawn timer? or is it still 1h?

Lots of people are/were farming lotus, for gold,fun,boredom.. all am asking is to understand why you changed that, and atleast make an official statement.

Thanks in advance,

Sfizia.

I love you Kronos staff for silently adding those spawn points! :) finally it has become fair and ppl will leave cities to farm them

But - sadly there is always a but - if some of the places are unable to reach, you need to fix them fast.

On paper this looks like a change for the better since one guild, or person with many alts won't have a monopoly anymore. There will be complaints from the people who camp them everyday though lol.

Bracing for shit storm from node campers.

I dont think we never had any problem with Black Lotus, if you spent time searching it, you would have get it. Simple as that.

No one "searches" for a herb that can spawn in a few fixed locations. You add all the node campers to your friends list, put your own characters at spawn locations, wait for them to log in, indicating the timer is up, and take it before they do.

Last edited:
Lotus spawns were essentially controlled by a small number of people with alts camped at each node.
You had 0 chance at getting one unless you did the same.

Great move by Kronos.

The ones saying that only few people had chances of getting the lotus are clueless.

You are probably the same people running around for 15 min in a zone and then giving up saying it's impossible.

Yes, there were added new Black Lotus spawn positions. Every new node is lootable.
Still only one Black Lotus can be looted per zone per hour. By this move we want to counter the "Black Lotus Mafia".

What Mafia? There is no mafia

Yes, there were added new Black Lotus spawn positions. Every new node is lootable.
Still only one Black Lotus can be looted per zone per hour. By this move we want to counter the "Black Lotus Mafia".

Any thoughts on lowering the respawn? The currently supply is way too low for the raiding population, even if its Blizzlike. 100g per lotus is ridiculous.

yes, now since its harder to find the black lotus, you have to lower the respawn time.
he he he

instead of new positions, a simple random +/- 5 minutes would've been perfectly fine imo

So I tried to analyze your post and understand what are you asking, but I really don't get the point. But let's go in order:

if you spent time searching it, you would have get it. Simple as that.

I guess this is partially true, but those people who already knew the fixed spawning points would have a huge advantage over those people who don't, right? Also how can someone ever have a chance to step on a Black Lotus if there are people who keep track of the respawning timer 24/7 and that have an herbalist alt stationed on every node?

You say "searching", but how is camping the same node 24/7 "searching"? You ask other people to keep looking for it, while you're simply standing in the same spot all the time. Not much coherent I'd say.

Issues we'll have now:

Let's see what issues you're gonna list here.

am pretty sure few of them wont be lootable

Chero already said they're all lootable, but even if you find a broken one you can report it through twinhead and it will be fixed.

Ok so if this is the only "issue" you had in mind, I guess we can go over it.

did you make BL with a dynamic respawn timer? or is it still 1h?

Here we go, so I guess this is the only thing you really wanted to ask. Sorry but from now on you'll have to deal with other people on equal terms. You'll be as much clueless as other people; time to start searching for real now. :yes:

Lots of people are/were farming lotus, for gold,fun,boredom..

Go ahead, there's no reason why you shouldn't keep farming it. Like you said "search for it and you'll get it, simple as that".

all am asking is to understand why you changed that, and atleast make an official statement.

Chero explained you why, and are you sure you wouldn't be here complaining no matter what if there were an "official statement"? :blink:

All I get from your post is that now it's harder for you to farm Black Lotus ergo it was better before. Wasn't you the one saying that people shouldn't give up after just 15 minuts of searching, then go back in game and search! Don't waste your time on the forum.

The ones saying that only few people had chances of getting the lotus are clueless.

You are probably the same people running around for 15 min in a zone and then giving up saying it's impossible.

What a joke.... i saw only ONE Black Lotus in 5 month of level 60 spending sometimes 2 hours running in WInterspring or Silithus from 1 supposed spawn spot to another....

Great move Kronos Team

I do approve of the change but I am afraid timing is horrible. I doubt the price will go down - why would any seller give up getting 100g+ on lotus? This should have been implemented long time ago when they were still around 30g.

this was implemented cause people took advantage and actually used real life money to purchase horde characters / alliance characters to camp nodes. And if anyone tried to herb in their zone they would get ganked either side. Thumbs up for the change but I agree with erminn a bit late because these guys were able to stash enough.

I do approve of the change but I am afraid timing is horrible. I doubt the price will go down - why would any seller give up getting 100g+ on lotus? This should have been implemented long time ago when they were still around 30g.

They would only get more expensive as more content is released and more raids run. It was now or never. When they were 30g there was no need for any change.

So I tried to analyze your post and understand what are you asking, but I really don't get the point. But let's go in order:

I guess this is partially true, but those people who already knew the fixed spawning points would have a huge advantage over those people who don't, right? Also how can someone ever have a chance to step on a Black Lotus if there are people who keep track of the respawning timer 24/7 and that have an herbalist alt stationed on every node?

You say "searching", but how is camping the same node 24/7 "searching"? You ask other people to keep looking for it, while you're simply standing in the same spot all the time. Not much coherent I'd say.

Let's see what issues you're gonna list here.

Chero already said they're all lootable, but even if you find a broken one you can report it through twinhead and it will be fixed.

Ok so if this is the only "issue" you had in mind, I guess we can go over it.

Here we go, so I guess this is the only thing you really wanted to ask. Sorry but from now on you'll have to deal with other people on equal terms. You'll be as much clueless as other people; time to start searching for real now. :yes:

Go ahead, there's no reason why you shouldn't keep farming it. Like you said "search for it and you'll get it, simple as that".

Chero explained you why, and are you sure you wouldn't be here complaining no matter what if there were an "official statement"? :blink:

All I get from your post is that now it's harder for you to farm Black Lotus ergo it was better before. Wasn't you the one saying that people shouldn't give up after just 15 minuts of searching, then go back in game and search! Don't waste your time on the forum.

I just wanted to ask few questions, and the reason why I asked if it had a dynamic timer is because they didn't say a word about changing how lotus works. Not because I want it or i prefer it.

And also, if someone had an advantage it's probably because they spent more time on it than the other people = deserving a better chance.

I wont waste my time on forums anymore, thanks for the suggestion! Also thanks for taking your time to analyze my topic! Hope it was worth.

Peace.

A welcomed end to era of massive timer tracking, collusion and spare character abuse. Even though I highly benefited from the blizz-like system and was able to in-conjunction with others camp and hold several zones for up to to 10-12 hours a day, I have longed to get back to 2015 method of run around and fight everyone. I am quite happy with this.

Ty for making this change after I finished farming my lotus))

EDIT: Also cheap lotus now on the alliance AH , only 200g each!

Top Bottom