• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Black Lotus

Still only one Black Lotus can be looted per zone per hour. By this move we want to counter the "Black Lotus Mafia".

Congratulations. You've just increased the price per Black Lotus. Most people were angry at the "Mafia" because they assumed the mafia made the price high. The price is high because people are willing to put in time to farm gold to buy flasks to do higher DPS in their farmed raids.

Referring back to my post in the 6 PAGE "how to fix lotus camping" thread:
If you want to make the BL situation a little easier[] then adding spawn points would not be the way to go. More nodes -> Takes longer to get each node -> less farmed per day -> price goes up. You would want spawn timer to be decreased from 1 hour (more = cheaper) and variable (between 30-50 mins between each spawn, so random passerby's would have a higher chance comming across one ~ IE what the point of this thread is for) for example with the same, or new small set of nodes. More lotus's collected -> lower price.
Or Increase each node to give 1-3 lotus's.
Having higher efficiency on farming (lower time on node being up and unpicked) reduces price (more supply). So thank the people that work together in groups or multibox it because they keep the price low.

There are two easy solutions and one hard one(which completely changes the mechanic).
Make lotus nodes drop 1-3 instead of 1.
Decrease spawn timer 30 mins so ~1.5-1.75x the supply.

This update REDUCES the supply of black lotus on the server. Making it more expensive for 95% of the server. Please decrease spawn timer significantly, or make nodes drop 1-3x BL like other herbs. That will increase supply of BL + reduce price. Making more people happy.

90% of people who will be getting the BL now will still be the same "Black Lotus Mafia" because guess what: those are the same people who are willing to put in HOURS upon HOURS to get Black Lotus.

I have been monitoring this thread for a while, and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I am not so familiar with higher levels game content. Is this that rare flower that on official servers could have been spawned in just one of four locations? Sorry, if there's an answer already, I could forget if I saw a confirmation here.

If so, then why would anybody change this behaviour at all? Rare herb does not seem to be a bug, it is a rare herb. It needs not a fix, and to keep it 'blizzlike' is more important for a server who tries to be 'blizzlike'. Bugs need fixes, but nerfed or buffed content should not be present at all, it should be kept the way it was way back.

From server FAQ:
In General, our aim is, that you’ll go out of of the dungeons saying: “Yes, this is how I remember them.”
Why don't use the same approach for everything else?

It's true that it could counteract those who camp it all the time, but I don't really you should have done it. This brings me to my next question.

Kamchak said:
Is this that rare flower that on official servers could have been spawned in just one of four locations?
Secondly, this spawn rate is quite rare. If this is how it was way back in Classic WoW, what was Blizzard solution to the problem?

Please decrease spawn timer significantly, or make nodes drop 1-3x BL like other herbs.
I don't think drop rate will change prices. The same people will collect the same herbs and will probably sell it by the same price. It will simply be available in higher amount on the auction.

I think this problem is not a problem of rare herbs, but of people greed. In my opinion, no item I've seen in auction house is worth 100g, they're all overpriced. If somebody wants a specific item, they could spend a fortune on it, but solution to the problem at hand is much more simpler: sensible community should not buy overpriced items.

I am a miner, and copper and bronze bars sometimes cost over a gold for a stack. I sell bronze for 30s buyout simply because I do not think it is worth anything more, providing you only need to visit a couple of mines once to get a stack. It's 10s if you sell it to shop, I think, so whoever sells it for a gold or more expensive sells it ten times for higher price. Items do not worth that much. Item rarity does matter, but it still should be much lesser than ten times higher.

As a lotus camper myself (I successfully occupied silithus for quite a few months, up until now), I'm happy about this change. I've made myself few thousand gold, enough to not need gold ever again, I still have about 50-60 lotuses left and I'm glad to retire. I didn't feel like quitting before because of simple human greed, but now I have a good reason enough to stop. I'm not sure this change is a good one, though. I'd prefer them to increase the spawn rate as well. I mean, I doubt the price will go down with usual 1hr timer... This method only ruins it for people who are already rich and don't care. But it won't help those who need lotus for flasks.

It MIGHT also be a good idea to go after random drop from any high level herb. 285+, I'd say... I mean it worked well for retail...

Last edited:
I am a miner, and copper and bronze bars sometimes cost over a gold for a stack. I sell bronze for 30s buyout simply because I do not think it is worth anything more, providing you only need to visit a couple of mines once to get a stack. It's 10s if you sell it to shop, I think, so whoever sells it for a gold or more expensive sells it ten times for higher price. Items do not worth that much. Item rarity does matter, but it still should be much lesser than ten times higher.

Oh, you sweet summer child.....

When you've got a guild sharing timers I doubt they are selling them. They are kept for individual use and don't see the auction house. A random person picking is much more likely to sell it so he can pay for his epic mount or something. With more on the auction house the price should drop. Way better than a small circle of individuals controlling the supply.

So much QQ over a herb, that is not necessary for clearing raids. You claim to be uber hardcore? Yeah then pay the price for it and stop crying like babies, or go to an easy mode server. Everyone who plays normally will not be affected, except by maybe being lucky finding one of these. And btw, from spreadig out lotus around the maps, more ppl will be herbing and other herb prices might fall, which also is good for the non hardcore players. Also it enhances world pvp, which is what many people asked for.

Btw in 2016 it would not wonder me if some people, who sit on tons of lotus and have huge amounts of gold, would force prices to go up now to make the new spawn system look bad.

This makes the spread of lotus across the population more "fair" (ride around for hours, hope you get lucky). This reduces the total number of black lotus available (because picked less frequently, some maybe after long time because Silithus elites) and reduces the number of lotus on the auction house (because people will just stash/use them whereas most campers sold).

Be prepared to pay through the nose for your lotus after riding around fruitlessly for hours.

When you've got a guild sharing timers I doubt they are selling them. They are kept for individual use and don't see the auction house. A random person picking is much more likely to sell it so he can pay for his epic mount or something. With more on the auction house the price should drop. Way better than a small circle of individuals controlling the supply.

I hope this has some truth in it. I can testify that in large guilds the major lotus farmers often distribute lots of flowers way below ah prices to more casual guild members who are not in a position to camp the spawn points themselves. I was one of those who got them cheap and when I stopped raiding, I passed my leftovers forward to others instead of selling them on the AH

RMB was the same, we used to have a hardcore lotus farmer that was able to be very successful at it, and all the BL stayed in guild. Lotus will continue to go up in price due to 2 reasons, the main one being Naxx is on the horizon and flasks have more impact on that raid than any other raid. The 2nd reason is tryhard casters that want to set records, which is pretty much impossible without supreme power.

I don't see why people believe that supply will increase... All the people who couldn't farm it before and were buying it will now, with some luck, find it and simply keep it and use it.

At least we should all agree on one thing: people who actually get to pick a lotus now they really deserve it, they had to run around the world for hours (?), instead of just watching the timer and logging in and pick it right away.

The only real problem is that (like someone else already pointed out) some people already stacked up tons of lotus and might play the market with them, but once they've sold all of them it should be fine.

Even with this change, each BL will be picked within minutes of spawning with the occasional one lasting a bit longer.
This wasn't done to increase supply of lotus, rather to counter the so-called mafia. Chero said this back on page 1.

If you think BL supply needs to be upped talk about it as a separate issue.

First day after update got 3 Black Lotuses. Almost 3 months of riding around and herbing before that got 1. Only issue now is that other herbs are less to be found with everyone else picking them up while riding around and herbing. Hey, some even fight over dreamfoils now.

^ that is a good thing because with more people farming dreamfoil/mountain silversage/plaguebloom/icecap the prices for them on the AH should go down. In conclusion this should lead to cheaper consumable price overall, while only lotus might get more expensive.
Also many people recently complained that world pvp was dead, and now they fight over dreamfoils? Wow! That is really nice from that pojnt of view! :)

Btw, yesterday I saw brack rotus for 65g on the AH (for all who are talking about a permanent 200g)

I don't see why people believe that supply will increase... All the people who couldn't farm it before and were buying it will now, with some luck, find it and simply keep it and use it.
Yeah, and if there were no restrictions as to who could extract oil in Saudi Arabia supply of oil wouldn't increase either. Because everything Saudi produces today finds it way straight to the markets. Or?

Most obvious and simple solution is having high-end herbs have a low %chance to drop a black lotus as well. This is the only change that will make black lotus more available at this point, the current change will do nothing to it's ridiculous price.

Wanting to go into naxx with 10+ guilds needing lotusses will be a gg and price will rise to 300+. If a 'blizzlike' system clearly doesn't work in a private server setting, shouldn't be afraid to change, kronos has changed a lot of stuff in the past to counter pvt-server-like effects.

Last edited:
Most obvious and simple solution is having high-end herbs have a low %chance to drop a black lotus as well. This is the only change that will make black lotus more available at this point, the current change will do nothing to it's ridiculous price.

This is exactly the same solution Blizzard had back on retail, the black lotus was replaced by the fel lotus which had a small chance to drop from high level herbs. Much better system.

For a Fresh Vitalizing Start Every Morning!

Accept no substitute!

778755_521406327898991_514327063_o.jpg

Top Bottom