• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Black Lotus

Junior likes them too!
E2KHsqG.jpg

I do really hope that's not a MTG Alpha edition card... :crying:

Putting the same amount of time with the same amount of people and getting about the same amount of Black Lotus.

I do really hope that's not a MTG Alpha edition card... :crying:

Alpha (and beta) have black borders. unlimited has white.. but this is obviously a laser print copy pasted on a penny card. The colour is a bit off. And it is just a imgur joke.

(I owned a NM beta and a mint unlimited one in my pre warcraft days) Sold them to buy a pretty gaming pc. (If I had kept hold of them I could now use them to buy a new BMW or do a serious downpayment on a house. )

They say wisdom comes with age.... not in all cases
I was so wise to invest heavily in old magic as a teenager.. I was sooooo stupid to sell it way too early....

I remember my mother complaining when I put 80% of my wages and all of my savings account into cardboard...
She was pretty happy when those cards helped paying for college, but the irony is that I never even finished my degree (because I started a webshop that took all my time) and if I had kept the cards longer they would have been worth 5 - 10 times more because the prices of the really good stuff spiked again several times in the past years.

Oh well.... I still have the great memories.

Well was it wisdom that caused you to invest into cardboard? I'd say it was the teenage obsession :lol:

Black lotus... AGAIN!!! *smh*

Yes, there were added new Black Lotus spawn positions. Every new node is lootable.
Still only one Black Lotus can be looted per zone per hour. By this move we want to counter the "Black Lotus Mafia".

Ok I have spent nearly 2 weeks hard farming for Black Lotus both by myself and In a group.

here is how I see it.

this "black lotus mafia" you guys say had control over the black lotus spawn points has not been hampered AT ALL by the increase of nodes.

5 nodes or 100. if you are in a group with others farming for the dang thing. your chances are increased.
so by this move of increasing the number of nodes only increases the odds for groups to successfully farm for it.

since 4 or 5 people in a zone can cover far more ground than a single person. all you have done is make them work just a little bit harder. As for the single people out there looking for a lotus like myself. you have all but destroyed any chance of successfully looting one. atleast before you added the nodes. I was able to farm up a lotus or 2 each week.

before this turns into a giant rant.

1. the behavior you were trying to stop with this change to the black lotus is clearly turning into a backfire and it encourages the exact behavior you were trying to stop in the first place.

2. its not blizzlike. not by any means.

3. Your server hosts nearly 2 to 3 times the amount of active players at any given time compared to a blizzard server from back in the day. the only change that you could make to keep things remotely blizzlike would be to increase the spawn rate of the lotus 2 to 3 times faster than it currently is. or increase the amount of lotus that spawns at any given time by 2x or 3x.

Big thumbs down for 100 nodes.

Lotus mafia is still alive and doing very well thanks a lot kronos!

Re: Black lotus... AGAIN!!! *smh*

I'm calling bs on this. It's definitely better. I keep a herbalist in EPL and without actively searching for them he's stumbled across 2 Lotus since the change. That's not much you might say but it's up from a big fat ZERO over 6 months. The normal Lotus spawns were controlled by people with multiple alts keeping timers and logging in for a minute or two to pick. Boo hoo, so you have to ride around a bit to find them.

No BS here at all... currently ive been in burning steppes for almost 2 hours.

as I first got out here. there was a ton of players running around both horde and alliance. then it got quiet. then a mob of them showed up again an hour later. now its quiet again.

without more people in a party here to divvy up the zone I stand almost no chance of running into the lotus before these guys coming out in groups of 3 or 4 do.

I went from 0 lotus in the last 3 months to 10 in the last 13 days. Why shouldn't a group of 4 to 5 people have the advantage? The problem in the past was one person on 6ish accounts sitting on every single spawn in zone with the timer getting 95℅ of spawns. Thanks Kronos <3

Last edited:

Black Lotus Mafia = People with characters logged out at the old spawn points logging in every hour.

Now they actually have to play the game, it's disgusting.

You do know they spawn every hour? So everyone logs in their alt since they know the timer it spawns. Only couple players that actually
Ser the lotus picked up will know the exact timer and start running around an hour later... With the new system, hardcore farmers are more likely to lose that timer.

I picked 3 in a row yesterday and the 2nd and 3rd were up for 11minutes and 28minutes. You just have NO IDEA if the darn thing was picked or not until you check all 90+ spawns which takes 30minutes or so.

I picked 3 in a row yesterday and the 2nd and 3rd were up for 11minutes and 28minutes. You just have NO IDEA if the darn thing was picked or not until you check all 90+ spawns which takes 30minutes or so.
What's up w/ you and the humblebrag all the time

Previously it was 1 person with multiple stealth herb alts with invis pots and the timer. Now it's a group of players working together to control a zone there is a difference. If you want to get the lotus find the timer and get some friends and scour the zone together but don't complain about how you can't get a lotus when its far easier to get a lotus than before.

idk man most people I talk to prefer the old system. even with how crowded the nodes were it was still possible to get your hands on even a single lotus by yourself.

the fact that it requires a team in order to get one single herb is pretty ridiculous.

well their are 11 replies in this thread I think two of them are yours, the other 9 are saying that this is a good change and they've noticed an improvement in the ease of finding random black lotus. I wonder who I should trust...

On a personal note, I too found a random black lotus, unfortunately I was not on my herbalist at the time. And amazingly Shard's stealthed rogues werent there :(

I herb completely solo on 1 char, and every person I've talked to that herbs solo is happy with the change. You have to be a complete psycho to want the old system back unless you were part of the mafia. Maybe you are just super lazy and refuse to try hard and want to just camp on a node cluster and call it good, but for those of us actually riding around and trying to herb this change is fantastic.

I went into BWL by myself, wiped on the first boss and got nothing!
Meanwhile a group of 40 people went in and got tons of loot its not fair.

obviously spawns need to be in a window instead of a set timer as well. Who would've guessed

obviously spawns need to be in a window instead of a set timer as well. Who would've guessed

It should not be impossible to employ a farm timer strategy. The idea is that dedicated farmers still can be rewarded for putting in the effort of clocking the timers, but since there are so many spawns some will go unnoticed for some time, making all the different location eventually spawn on different spots on the clock hour..

So spawn A is at 13 minutes past the hour, spawn B is at 22 minutes, spawns C at 37 minutes, spawn D at 04 minutes etc etc etc..

They all spawn 1 hour after the last pick, but the last pick will be different among the various locations...

Making it impossible to control all points by individuals or small groups.

note: this is the theory, I have no idea how it goes in practice

Im going to say that 90% of these herbing picking up random BL weren't going for BL before.
Guess what? You will get black lotus if you go for them! Both before and after this change. What a suprise!

Black lotus at US nighttime used to stay up for an average of 2-3 minutes. That's including the chance of it spawning underneath a ready-herb picker. Now people are posting here 5,15,30 minutes? So what-avg time is now 15 minutes uptime before it gets picked? Guess what - thats 1/4th less black lotus that exist on the server. Your prices will go up 33% higher in the future due to simple supply/demand.
2 weeks might not be enough for the market to reflect this, but wait 2 months and let them announce AQ war effort in 1 month on k2, or naxx on k1. With this reduced supply and the huge demand those announcements will bring - I fully expect BL prices to hit 150+ on both servers.

The only system to reduce price to a reasonable amount is decrease spawn timer, or make them drop 1-3 like every other node.

Atleast the prices of other high-end herbs has decreased. Due to lower uptime since there are more herbers wandering around.

Top Bottom