• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Black Lotus

Here’s a guide on how to farm black lotus before the change, assuming you are a normal human and only have 1 herbalist at level 60.

So the first step to “farming” black lotus was you pick a zone, and then you had to figure out the black lotus timer. There was 3 ways to do this, you either had to observe a black lotus being picked, get a timer from someone else, or figure out the Mafia’s character names and add them to your friends list.

The reason the last one worked was the way the mafia works is they have 3+ herbalists in their chosen zone, and they would log in a couple seconds before the timer, pick it, and log off. So if you had them on your friends list you would see the logoff time and essentially use that as the timer – 10seconds or so.

Ok so now you have the timer for the one zone, now what you have to do is look on Twinstar and figure out what spawn cluster you want to camp. You make sure you are at that cluster on the timer, and hope it spawns there.

So let’s assume it spawns there, which is around a 25% chance at best. You now have to beat the Mafia to the click on the flower, so best case you have ~10 seconds to pick the flower while the Mafia guy checks over his 3+ open clients to see which one spawns. Let’s assume that you actually beat him to the pick and get a black lotus.

So the Mafia now knows you are a rival herbalist because you just picked a black lotus right in front of them. This is going to make herbing more complicated because in addition to these 3+ alliance level 60 herbalists, this single player also has access to a full BWL geared BiS pvp specced horde rogue in the same zone that they now log onto and start killing you with. All they have to do is stalk you and even if a black lotus spawns in front of you (again a 25% chance at best 1x an hour) they just have to stun/sap you 1x while their alliance herbalist picks the flower untouched.

NO THANK YOU

Last edited:
Guess what - thats 1/4th less black lotus that exist on the server. Your prices will go up 33% higher in the future due to simple supply/demand.

This would be true if not for some other factors..... The high prices are not only caused by a limited supply from the server mechanics, lets call this the natural supply.... but also by an artificial low supply because a large chunk of the total (natural) supply was being harvested by a relative small group of people, who could control the ah price by only releasing a part of the total supply on the market. (they stockpiled the test for guild or personal storage).

When the price was 75g, I still could buy 10 lotus for 250g (25g) from guildies who had a hundred or more of them.
These lower prices for friends / guildies indicate that the *real* price of lotus was not 75g, maybe not 25g, but somewhat in the middle. At that time...

SO now we have the new system. You say less lotus are being picked, so the natural supply is going down because some spawn points are being missed for a while instead of being harvested immediately upon spawning,.

But because more potential buyers (of the artifically high priced loti) can now herb for themselves... the demand should go down a bit. This could compensate for the lower natural supply, so the price remains the same, or maybe it even goes down if the 2nd factor is bigger than the first factor.

People were controling rhe market, you're definitely right muneca, even if less rotus are being picked up since the system is less efficient, random people are more likely to pick them up and undercut esch other on the Ah like retards.

Need to collectivize the production of Black Lotus! Down with the BL Kulaks :laugh::lol:

cyZe3JH.jpg

Can anyone show me the new spawn locations of all black lotus in the different zones? i saw some screenshot of it a week ago or some, but i cant find it again :)

Can anyone show me the new spawn locations of all black lotus in the different zones? i saw some screenshot of it a week ago or some, but i cant find it again :)

That information is classified :biggrin:

But because more potential buyers (of the artifically high priced loti) can now herb for themselves... the demand should go down a bit. This could compensate for the lower natural supply, so the price remains the same, or maybe it even goes down if the 2nd factor is bigger than the first factor.

So far the theory... In reality the price has gone up with another 25-30%
So I was completely wrong on this 3 months ago or some other factor I didn't account for is larger ......

It's only going to keep going up, black lotus or flasking is a ruined part of gameplay, once merge and population bloom there's not going to be enough mats for everyone (not just speaking for flask).

"That's bliz like!" Sure, it's somewhat blizzlike but only a small % of people actually successfully raided on retail. Times have changed, privet servers that % of people who raid and actually use consumable is at least 75% if not higher comepaired to the low 25% of people who raided on retail.

Same goes to world buffs, not many guilds on retail would get zg, onyhead, songflower the hearth to raid twice a week... That's some crazy shit!

When I say raid here, I'm generally more so speaking of AQ40 Twins + content.

Guilds are currently stockpiling Lotus for Naxx. That's why you're not seeing more on the AH and prices are going up.

Guilds are currently stockpiling Lotus for Naxx. That's why you're not seeing more on the AH and prices are going up.

Also because now nodes stay up for sometimes as long as 10 minutes before anyone finds them. If you figure an average of 6 minutes per node, that's an extra 6*24 = 144 minutes/day. Over 2 lotus spawns are lost every single day, in every spawnable zone. Compare to before where they were instantly farmed (<1 minute), guilds had enough for themselves, and they were able to put the excess on the Auction House.. or trade them for other materials like dreamfoil, plaguebloom, gromsblood, etc.

This lotus discussion is totally overrated. Why? Because you do not need flasks (except tanks in some situations). The only reason to use flasks is if you want to because you love competition with others and if you or your raid lead think you need it to compensate lack of skill.

Just add a 1% chance for a lotus to drop off any herb node requiring 280+ to pick and be done with it. Only reliable way to pull down the lotus prices since the majority being picked are being stockpiled for naxx instead of sold. Want lower prices? Create more supply. Only 3 ways to do that, decrease the timer on lotus itself, make it possible to receive more than one per node, or just let RNG handle it. Personally I think option three would be the most effective

Even if it was a tbc implementation it could clearly still be relevant and useful in its application to the rotus situation here on a vanilla server, and though I'm no developer, seems like it would be relatively easy to achieve and have implemented before naxx

This lotus discussion is totally overrated. Why? Because you do not need flasks (except tanks in some situations). The only reason to use flasks is if you want to because you love competition with others and if you or your raid lead think you need it to compensate lack of skill.

This is true, but it is also true that if you are used to see your fireballs hit for 1700, it is not fun anymore if they go back to 1500....

sure its not needed... but humans don't like to move backwards... increasing your dps/hps is a method to keep this old and often a bit stale game interesting .

However, the price already limits me to use only 1 flask a week. Naxx will bankrupt me if we go raid 6-8 hours a week in that necropolis....

Black Lotus is a dumb poopy thing Blizz added because they're dorky nerdlords who get off on things being super rare and valuable (and also because having shit like this in the game used to mean that people had to invest many more hours farming it or farming gold, which would add up with everything else people had to do and keep them playing for another month).

It's clearly named after the Magic: The Gathering card "Black Lotus," which was famous even back then for being absurdly valuable due to its strength and rarity. Personally I'd be happy to see Black Lotus drop from Peacebloom, but then lots of "hardcore" people who think time spent sitting on your ass at a computer = skill would complain.

Doing it that way would introduce lotus into the market in quantities that would encourage people to do more than just horde it for fear of not being able to easily replace it, while not completely shitting on the hardcore herbalists on the server. Imo it would be the fastest and most efficient way of stabilizing and ultimately reducing the prices in the rotus market. The key to driving down the price is not only to increase the raw supply but the number of vendors selling it as well. This would do both, benefiting the super farmers and the more casual herbalists alike. Sure lotus wouldn't be nearly as profitable but there's still plenty of ways to make gold without cornering the lotus and flasks market

Just add a 1% chance for a lotus to drop off any herb node requiring 280+ to pick and be done with it. Only reliable way to pull down the lotus prices since the majority being picked are being stockpiled for naxx instead of sold. Want lower prices? Create more supply. Only 3 ways to do that, decrease the timer on lotus itself, make it possible to receive more than one per node, or just let RNG handle it. Personally I think option three would be the most effective

Already suggested it and got nothing but trolls crying that I need to gek gud l2p, even though the votes show otherwise.

https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/116772-Black-Lotus-and-You!

Yesterday I saw a video of a 2006 retail patchwerk and a grobbulus kill without flasks (except tanks). OMFG!

Yesterday I saw a video of a 2006 retail patchwerk and a grobbulus kill without flasks (except tanks). OMFG!
You need to realize that not everyone is content with playing a 10+ year old game where your ultimate goal is simply to kill bosses and get loot with no regard to competitiveness, pushing higher numbers or efficiency.

This shouldn't be news to anyone

If you make Lotus more freely available it will just make the content easier. Is that what we want? I don't want to see Naxx farmed every week like MC. If it's no real challenge than people will get bored and quit.

Top Bottom