• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Leveling rates - but not really

Welcome to vanilla Nimium and to a particular place called Kronos which is a place for people sick of hand holding and in need of returning to the old hardcore experience of Vanilla. I am sure you can find plenty of instant level 60 or 2x+ leveling rates if you are so dead sick of leveling :p

Welcome to vanilla Nimium and to a particular place called Kronos which is a place for people sick of hand holding and in need of returning to the old hardcore experience of Vanilla. I am sure you can find plenty of instant level 60 or 2x+ leveling rates if you are so dead sick of leveling :p

There are 6 1x vanilla servers already existing, and 2 that are 12x/15x respectively.

All but 1 of the high rates ones are empty, plenty of griping for 1x rates, but servers with an active endgame that don't require 2 months of grinding to start playing are bound to be more successful.

With 3x rates you will not miss any significant part of leveling, there's nothing "hardcore" or that makes you "learn your class" better with 1x rates than with higher rates. There are a lot of people who want to re experience vanilla raids and pvp but don't want to level through Azeroth content again, which is pretty boring. In fact, almost any private server up until Cata will let you experience vanilla leveling again, 1.12.1 is different from 2.4.3 or 3.3.5 in END GAME content.

The leveling system does suck. You do fetch quests and go to X place quests, and kill a bunch of mobs. Not really anything to write home about if you're doing it alone.

But I like the older dungeons, the quests there, and some of the zone aesthetics in sub-60 vanilla. Yeah, it's a grind. But you'll find others on the same journey as you, team up with them for an elite quest or dungeon, recruit them to help gank that horde that killed you when you were at 25% hp and fighting a mob. Join their guild and chat, meet other people, and socialize. Maybe group with those arathi quests. The open-world experience I find fairly quaint when it's filled with people trying to attain similar goals.

People like vanilla raiding because you're doing it with a bunch of other people. Vanilla raiding tactics are unbelievably simply... mages press frostbolt. Warriors spam sunder. Rogues keep snb up and ss/bs. Paladins buff and spam one heal. These experiences are not terribly exciting on their own--but the social aspect and scale of the raid makes it exciting and fun. Same with vanilla leveling. On it's own, it is certainly boring. Add in a bunch of people in the world, suddenly you get a more dynamic sort of gameplay which allows for grouping, dungeoneering, world pvp, and a sense of progression with others that I feel drives the player forward.

I'm not defending 1x vanilla leveling as super fun. We've all done it before, it's not new. But the socially charged environment of vanilla can make it fun on a certain level.

ALL games could inevitable improve on something, but it doesn't follow that therefore we should change it.

1.12 is a hardcore version of WoW. Hence, with each patch the game caters towards the casuals. Now certainly everyone has a right to 'enjoy or prefer' a specific patch or flow of the game of course they do!

I was under the impression though that Kronos wanted to satisfy the 'theme' and 'feel' of 1.12 with a few 'convenience' modifications; whereas I think changing the leveling rate would alter the former not the latter.

Last edited:
have you now played on retail 6.0.2? That's what i call hardcore :biggrin: With 32k hp as tank dying in Culling of Stratholme first bos which hits ~8k/sec and healer heals ~ 3k/sec. When you compare it to vanilla, vanilla looks like ultra easy game for 10 years old childern :biggrin:

have you now played on retail 6.0.2? That's what i call hardcore :biggrin: With 32k hp as tank dying in Culling of Stratholme first bos which hits ~8k/sec and healer heals ~ 3k/sec. When you compare it to vanilla, vanilla looks like ultra easy game for 10 years old childern :biggrin:

Seriously? have they gone back to the concept of merciless PvE content? I thought that died with TBC...

Exp rates must just never get over 3x rates, preferable 1x, with 2x in dungeons would be amazing :smile:

Last edited:
I would just start concidering a higher xp rates or some kind of a workaround to archive them, after 6 months when the initial rush has gone.. Before i would really try to build this whole project as a reasonable 1x rate server, before even thinking about raising the rates no matter in what way.

I agree with you.
The initial release and ~6 months thereafter should be strictly 1x.
Then perhaps when there is an occurence of too few new players/lower levels etc. it might be worth concidering what OP said. He made a good point.

It is no more than logical that we're all theorycrafting right now, since we're all waiting for the release.
But most of the threads are quite dumb and would really mess with the blizzlike quality of it all.
This however, seems reasonable, but again, after a while IF it is nessecary at all.

There's a big problem with not having 1x rates, and that is very simple: it's not 1.12.1 blizzlike. It's just another fast leveling private server. Sure they can put whatever rates they want, but then it should not be referred to as "1.12.1" or "most blizlike experience". How can it be most blizzlike if the speed of leveling is double or more? In the end why do people want to play here? For end game only? Why not make TWO servers, a 1x one and a instant 60 one then? If the only difference between them is leveling rate, they would be very easy to maintain...

It's not about grinding, not about "boar genocide simulation" as someone was repeating on another thread, it's about the authenticity of the experience. Do you want to play something as close to the original as possible, or deviate from the start from that, because "omg no one will play if the rates are 1x"

That was fixed the next day. It's now easier to kill/tank anything than ever before. There's no way you can ever ever ever die in open world or in a leveling dungeon on retail. Talking about sane gameplay, right...

That was fixed the next day. It's now easier to kill/tank anything than ever before. There's no way you can ever ever ever die in open world or in a leveling dungeon on retail. Talking about sane gameplay, right...

I don't know, i've been leveling till this monday and still i couldn't afford to pull half of the dungeon trash. I could survive only 1 or two packs at once. But that can be caused by that i'm monk.

Wnat i meaned is, that retail became once again a bit harder.

But it's OT.

i like the fact that a lot of WoD is reflecting parts from 1.12.1 and 2.4.3 part's but then again retail and 1.12.1 are 2 compeltely different games with warcraft theme and lore by now so i will be playing both with the majority of the time on 1.12.1

Yeah don't bring voting into this, that's just unnecessary bullshit for the devs to worry about. Let it be you get 2x exp on rested and thats it. That will help for those who cannot log on 12 hours a day and then the casual guys will be happy. It is about the whole shabam 1-60 not 60 60 60 60 60. If you're just interested for this for level 60 go find a fun server. I just can't wait for it be like the game I played 9 10 years ago, and we didn't have 2x rates then it was normal for everyone and still we did it, we enjoyed it. About player base wise, theres so many people who just want a working server and this is it, if they did just 1x rates all of you would stay and would just deal with it. So just deal with it!

All this hypothetical talk has its' usefulness, and I see a lot of interesting ideas just by reading the first 3/4 pages, but we'll have to wait and see. Obviously everyone here would mostly want 1x rate, but everyone also wants the server to thrive and grow with a bigger input of players than output.

The only advice we can give for now is for the Kronos devs to keep a very close eye on the server and come up with some contingency plans for when the hype is over.

On a more personal level, I'd stay away from voting systems, I really dislike those.

Last edited:
2x doesn't = fun server, average time it takes to level to 60 is 8-10 days played, if it was 2x it would take 5 days played which is 120 hours, how is this instant 60?
please stop saying that 2x=10-14x because thats what fun servers are stop exaggerating.

Last edited:
it's not 2x = 10x, it's 2x != blizzlike

authenticity is a big part of the 'vanilla experience'

All this hypothetical talk has its' usefulness, and I see a lot of interesting ideas just by reading the first 3/4 pages, but we'll have to wait and see. Obviously everyone here would mostly want 1x rate, but everyone also wants the server to thrive and grow with a bigger input of players than output.

The only advice we can give for now is for the Kronos devs to keep a very close eye on the server and come up with some contingency plans for when the hype is over.

On a more personal level, I'd stay away from voting systems, I really dislike those.

On ED I really disliked the whole voting system, where you could buy gear with VP. Imo gear should be obtained through hard work and not by pushing vote twice a day. Also on ED you could buy gear for real money, which was p2w.

Yeah don't bring voting into this, that's just unnecessary bullshit for the devs to worry about. Let it be you get 2x exp on rested and thats it. That will help for those who cannot log on 12 hours a day and then the casual guys will be happy. It is about the whole shabam 1-60 not 60 60 60 60 60. If you're just interested for this for level 60 go find a fun server. I just can't wait for it be like the game I played 9 10 years ago, and we didn't have 2x rates then it was normal for everyone and still we did it, we enjoyed it. About player base wise, theres so many people who just want a working server and this is it, if they did just 1x rates all of you would stay and would just deal with it. So just deal with it!
Fuck can't facepalm on mobile

On ED I really disliked the whole voting system, where you could buy gear with VP. Imo gear should be obtained through hard work and not by pushing vote twice a day. Also on ED you could buy gear for real money, which was p2w.

That's Warsong, not ED

not saying you're wrong, but that was always the case on feenix. the admins gave into greed and look at the project now. i really hope kronos never does it.

This projects other servers had over 3k players at some point and its system never changed. You will have the donation rewards as stated and nothing beyond.

Top Bottom