• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] CDFrames - Player and enemy cooldown timers

bit

Authorized
Yrd8vPf.png

xNKjlus.png

Live demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0qXrNY-EuM

Detailed description on GitHub: https://github.com/shirsig/CDFrames

Last edited:
Can you make it so you can add a spell to the ignore list? Now I gotta go to the lua to add a spell, or retype my whole large ignore list.. Nice work btw :)

Can you make it so you can add a spell to the ignore list? Now I gotta go to the lua to add a spell, or retype my whole large ignore list.. Nice work btw :)
The slash handler is very crude in general, not showing any confirmations/not letting you see the current settings or options. I'll improve it at some point, but it's not very high priority as it works like this.

I've made a change to the way player cooldowns work: now only one cooldown is shown for shared cooldowns. Ideally it would be the one of the item/spell used, but I don't think there's a good way to ensure it. The best I can think of is hooking into UseAction, UseContainerItem etc., but the problem is they may be used again during a cast so there's no way to tell which one actually started the cast when the cooldown event fires. Anyway, I think the change was necessary because for example if you had 10 different potions in your bags and used one that would trigger 10 cooldowns.

Does this work for Warrior? EnemyBuffTimers doesn't work for Warriors it seems, and I can't see anything with addon as well. I can see the numbered slots but nothing is displayed - Rend, Demoralizing Shout, Intimidating Shout, Battle Shout, Battlerage I tried all of those and nothing shows.

Hey Bit, great stuff and really appreciate the work.

I tried ordering the cooldowns into multipile rows with DFM, but that didn't work out too well. Any other way I could make that happen?

Also I'll look around a bit if I can figure it out on my own, but I was also looking for a way to disable flashing icons.

Thanks it was the locking thing. This addon wasn't what I was expecting but it looks well made anyways

Reverted the change with not showing multiple player cds for shared ones.
Hey Bit, great stuff and really appreciate the work.

I tried ordering the cooldowns into multipile rows with DFM, but that didn't work out too well. Any other way I could make that happen?

Also I'll look around a bit if I can figure it out on my own, but I was also looking for a way to disable flashing icons.

What's DFM? There's no way to change the cooldown layout without editing the code. Same for the blinking.

Last edited:
Discord Frame Modifier, which is like Move Anything on steroids. It was actually totally possible to move it around, however the frames reseted and in general bugged out when a cooldown activated the corresponding iconslot.

Was a bummer, since I felt pretty smug after neatly arranging my 10 cooldownsslots in two rows of 5, only to have them spaz out on use. :wacko:

Last edited:
I need some input. I will add extended layout options like you asked, but I'm not sure if I should simply make a mode where every single frame is individually placeable or if I should add a setting for row-length instead.

Honestly, a setting for the amount buttons on a row should be more than enough. There's already an option to set the amount of buttons so that's really all you would need.

Either way ily.

ps: hi seuche can see you reading this thread nerd

Last edited:
Alright, /cdframes size now takes two parameters, the size in the primary and in the secondary direction. Also there's a new setting /cdframes blink which takes the number of seconds when to start blinking as parameter (0 to deactivate blinking)

there was a time in which not all the plebs knew of this addon :(

nice work regardless.

I get an error now with the latest release. Interace\Addons\CDFrames\core.lua:50: Access of undeclared attribute "frame"

Last edited:
Works fine for me. be sure to completely replace the old version and also clear the settings by deleting your savedvariable files or by running /run CDFrames_Settings = {}

Didn't update it for like 1-2 weeks, gonna do that. Did you by any chance find a fix to the SWstats / DPSmate problem? (Not showing some cooldowns when those addons are activated)

Dpsmate doesn't have the problem afaik.
The fix for swstats is to use the far superior dpsmate xD

I'd try again, may have been for a different reason. Geigerkind said dpsmate didn't mess with the combat log texts which i am almost certain is the issue with swstats.

I saw you mentioned a change you made concerning shared player cooldowns so that only one shows. Is it really fixed? It doesn't seem to work for me. When I use a mana gem all 4 cooldowns are shown + e.g. the cd for Demonic Runes if you have one in you bag. Same goes for potions. i'm on the latest Version.

Last edited:
No, I reverted that. Had caused a bug with it and since no one'd ever asked for it and i'm not sure if I like it I cba to fix it and just removed it. Still not sure if it's a good idea. There's no way to reliably show the cooldown for the spell that was actually used so it wouldn't be very elegant.
edit: and since there aren't many shared cds the ignore list can quite easily be used to the same effect. Simply ignore all but one for every group.

Last edited:
Improved the ignorelist commands a bit as someone asked. There are now three:
/cdframes ignore add list
/cdframes ignore remove list
/cdframes ignore (shows current lists)

Top Bottom