• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] CDFrames - Player and enemy cooldown timers

hey bit! First: Great addon! love it!
one question: is it possible to get the cooldown frames working for target of target? Would be great for healers in BGs :)

added a 3rd frame for the targettarget

The 3 frames are now called player, target and targettarget

Oh wow, you are a god amongst addon creators :D thank you!

PS.: is it possible that warriors "Sweeping Strikes" is missing from the cooldowns?

Not saving setting atm.
As in it doesn't save if you do /cdframes player off etc.

some new settings have been added. To get this style for example do
/cdframes scale 0 (will set it to the minimum scale which is like 0.68something)
/cdframes blink 0 (no blinking)
/cdframes spacing 0.05 (spacing of 5% of icon width between icons)
/cdframes text 2 (uses the omnicc style for the time label (1 is the old style and 0 means no text))
/cdframes animation (activates the shadow animation)
5o5OcpC.png

Also the size setting has been changed. Now
/cdframes size x (sets the max number of icons to x)
/cdframes line x (sets the max number of icons per line to x)

Last edited:
getting 2 errors in a row after updating:

"\frame.lua:91:`for' limit must be a number"
and
"\frame.lua:329:`for' limit must be a number"

cant click the second one away, have to disable the addon for now :) looking forward to a fix - thanks!

not working for me :S i downloaded it as CDframes-master extract it and not working did i miss something?

Its not appearing on my addon list ingame :S

Is it possible to only use it for target cooldowns? I dont want my own cd's and target of target cds.

Hey Bit, I ran into a thing the other day. I introduced a friend to this addon, and we both loved it. However, he discovered that the issue with potions that share a cooldown all showing up is still a thing. I personally hadn't noticed yet since I'm only just leveling.

Anyway, I told him I was pretty sure you fixed that, and I did find this post on page 1.

I've made a change to the way player cooldowns work: now only one cooldown is shown for shared cooldowns.
[ .. ]
because for example if you had 10 different potions in your bags and used one that would trigger 10 cooldowns.

9AYFM8W.png

So now I'm a little bit confused, did you revert the change in a later version or am I completely misinterpeting your old post?

Thanks in advance, and ily either way! :wub:

Last edited:
I reverted that change later and someone already commented on that a while ago I think and I elaborated on the reasoning but I can give you some more details.

Basically it comes down to this:
it is not possible, in a reliable way, to show only the cooldown of the item that was used. The client informs addons about changed cooldowns through an event which doesn't include any information about the specific cooldown that triggered it. Then the addon has to walk through all spells in the spellbook/items in the bags and request individual cooldown information for those spells/items which is indistinguishable for different potions after using one.

It is imaginable to implement a hacky workaround by hooking into various API functions that may activate cooldowns (usecontaineritem, castspellbyname etc.) but that would never be fully reliable as they don't notify you about whether a cooldown was actually started or not, and they may be called when a spell is not ready, during the casting of another spell etc. (Actually I may implement this at some point as an optional feature, but I hate hacky solutions)

The method I had implemented temporarily was one I saw used in cooline when I backported that a while ago (http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=34628), which is to only show one cooldown for every unique start time. This is done by simply ignoring cooldowns with a start time that was already encountered before when walking through the bag items/spellbook after a cooldown update event. This meant only one potion cooldown was shown, but not necessarily for the potion that had been used. The reason I removed it again is twofold: it is clearly not a very elegant solution to the problem and you can actually easily achieve the exact same effect using the ignore list. Just put all but one potion on the ignore list.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the explanation bit!

Yeah we had already figured out to just use the ignore list, but just like the other options that isn't the most elegant solution.

Either way thanks again, and I understand that with the vanilla API there are some things that just don't have simple, elegant and convenient solutions.

Xoxo

The newest version is renamed to simply "cooldowns".
It has an experimental mode "/cooldowns used" which only shows player cooldowns for the last spell used, ignoring shared cooldowns.
It also has 4 skins, used with "/cooldowns skin skin" where skin is one of blizzard, zoomed, darion and elvui. blizzard is the old look/actionbutton look. zoomed is a plain icon without borders. darion and elvui are adapted from the retail masque skins with those names respectively.

Most other settings remain unchanged (scale, spacing, blink, animation ...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom