• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Against Dire Maul being open from the start.

wrathix

Ok, Please read it before just raging at the title.

1) Dire Maul gear is on par with Molten Core epic gear. MC is easy enough as-is, we are just gonna fly through it wearing DM gear, its not even close to a challenge, and we will all become bored real fast.

Having DM open right away makes running pretty much all other end-game dungeons quite obsolete immediately. All classes can pick up amazing gear from just running Dire Maul.

2) Longevity of the server is increased by opening DM only after the first Rag kill, and gives you something else to be looking forward to while you already have basic dungeons to get gear from in strat/scholo,brd,brs etc

Seriously think about how this can hurt the early days of the server.
Thanks.

Edit:

Ok, itemization was updated in later vanilla for the main endgame instances, that is true what someone has mentioned.
But DM gear is still a small step up on that.

Lets look at at this another way though. We all start leveling, people hit 60, and can run all instances including DM + Ony + MC. All the very slow levelers wont have that great feeling of running a newly opened dungeon.

If DM was at least delayed, we still have a lot of fun content to mess with as the server is new + the anticipation of upcoming Dire Maul.
By the time DM releases, all the slow levelers should also have 60s by now and be able to feel they are included in the start of something else.

Another huge bonus is that "if" population drops off while people are getting bored, the anticipation of another instance opening will make people flood back into the game again for DM release day.

Also: For people learning about kronos even later, the thought that a dungeon isnt even released yet will give them incentive to feel they can level and still catch up to MC geared people and be quickly prepared for BWL

Its all about keeping the server alive imo. First 2-3 months done right and the server should live long.

Rubix

Last edited:
Actually after the dungeon loot revamp, every dungeon drops amazing gear. So singling Dire Maul because of awesome loots won't help much. And since they said, that reverting the dungeon loot to the before-revamp-state is out of the question, so it's pointless to discuss this. Just my 2 cents.

Actually after the dungeon loot revamp, every dungeon drops amazing gear. So singling Dire Maul because of awesome loots won't help much. And since they said, that reverting the dungeon loot to the before-revamp-state is out of the question, so it's pointless to discuss this. Just my 2 cents.
All the loot apparently being buffed already is also a compelling reason to the contrary.

100% agree that it would be harder without DM. Half of the pre-raid BiS is there.
On retail, it was released between Majordomo and Ragnaros' death.
Maybe it could be released right after Rag's first kill, while waiting for BWL. Or else.
But they said it would be from start.

Quoting myself from another thread:
For a holy paladin:
EP pre-raid without DM : 808
EP pre-raid with DM : 998 so +190
EP with DM+MC+Ony : 1110 so +112

You'll get way more out of DM that you'd get out of all MC and Onyxia...

DM was released when your average WoW player hadn't even stepped in a raid yet. That loot buff patch Szabinger mentioned, realistically did more to the difficulty because almost all raiders outside competitive server first guilds had DM loot anyway when they started in MC.

I'd like to see the server start without DM though even though it's de facto unrealistic.

Why haven't you just answered to the official forum post about it??? http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...content-timing?p=687274&viewfull=1#post687274
Just kidding :D

Closing DM for some time is a reasonable compromise IMHO. We can't debuff all dungeon gear back, but at least we can close the best-gear dungeon. Thus increasing difficulty and conciseness of MC.

P.S. At last - the subject got a holywar thread!

Last edited:
/signed or +1 or whatever. it's an indirect / nonintrusive way to enhance MC's difficulty at launch, which is something i think almost everybody wants and benefits from.

/signed or +1 or whatever. it's an indirect / nonintrusive way to enhance MC's difficulty at launch, which is something i think almost everybody wants and benefits from.

^This. I am def against messing with MC or any other raid for that matter. They are/should be the way they were in patch 1.12.1 since that is the version we'll be playing. Releasing DM at a later point is something I can support. It would increase MC's difficulty in a non intrusive way :smile:

I agree with this, as people should already have their hands full with Strat, LBRS, UBRS, BRD, and Scholo anyway.

If you delay it until after the first Rag kill, you are delaying it a maximum of three-four weeks after server is opened. Most of us will not even be 60 by that time, so it would have been a pointless delaying.

You might be worried that the opening of Dire Maul will trivialize Molten Core. Unless they do something to buff Molten Core, it will already be trivial regardless of DM being out or not.

dire maul was patch 1.3
bwl was patch 1.6

if alterac valley and dire maul release after the demise of ragnaros it does leave some window for more people to get to 60 until bwl hits.

It's the same fore me, I'll be happy if I'm lvl 60 when BWL hits.

Dire Maul, Azuregos and Kazzak were added about a month after EU release, ~3 months after US release in patch 1.3, so it would make sense to release them after some time, during the MC progression (as mentioned, maybe after Majordomo?).
But it would also make sense to release it all at once, so there is a lot to do on the server right from the start and it won't influence MC difficulty that much.

I don't have very strong opinion about this, but I am inclined towards delayed release too atm.

I agree as well. I rather play the early dungeons and progress slowly, enjoying this game to the fullest instead of rushing end game resulting in skipping all this wonder!

This thread already depict several reasons to why it should be released later, by supporting this decision *without a specified opinion* hes demonstrating a simple fact, more people want it to be delayed. reading the same reasoning or just walls of text for and against might act against us when it comes to big numbers of complaints.

Would actually like to see DM released later as well. Would likely make MC just a little harder and keep the gear gap between hardcore / casual players at least a tiny bit smaller

Top Bottom