• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

then now is development team "only" Chero? Or there is someone new?
I sense some people believe this is a problem, or could become one. I can reassure you there is no need to concern. Chero was working alone for the better part of the last 2 years and development was never one of Kronos problems.

Chero, also Esso to an extend, are currently the only active Kronos developers. That still does not mean they are alone.

That beeing said, this here is still not meant as a discussion thread :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
About mob group positioning

For a melee character it can be important how these mobs stack. You can backpedal a little to avoid mobs getting behind you else you couldn't block/parry their attacks.

Is the group stacking similar as in this video?

If the mobs constantly try to form a circle around you are forced to reposition constantly? That could be annoying.

As far as I can tell from that bunch of pixels :)P) this is working as in the video.

Hello staff, I have one question for you. I don't understand this TwinStar project really, you have one developer for Kronos vanilla server, one?? developer for TBC, one?? for Wotlk and one?? for Cata server. One man is very little and unreliable man force for fixing bugs and maintaining a server (comparing to Nostalrius which have bunch of developers). Why don't you just (shut down all of your servers and) focus all your developers on Kronos (escpecially now when it's being developed). I think that you should thought about this earlier. I simple dislike projects like TwinStar when you have all servers for each expansion and you don't have enough man power for developing one server and not four of them (classic, TBC, Wotlk and Cata). It is much better for me to have one server (Kronos for example) and to put all of your man power in it and to develop it as best as you can & as faster as you can.

Good luck.

I've been wondering when this shows up. Twinstar project just backs up developers, that want to do their work. So, if 10 devs want to do cata, then they do cata, if they decide that they want to help on vanilla, they can do it. Just now, only Chero and Esso wants to work on vanilla server, so they do so.

The only reason why there is only one developer for Kronos is, that he wants to do it.

How long until you lock this thread for not asking you questions?

(I couldn't resist)

Not much longer. Okay guys, check out the first post again and the ruleset to this thread. I don't really want to clean up here, but sometimes its inevitable.

Hello staff, I have one question for you. I don't understand this TwinStar project really, you have one developer for Kronos vanilla server, one??
Aieris is spot on here.
Anyone who worked with Chero can tell you he is 10x worth other developers on the same field. As I said earlier on its still not a discussion thread.

Last edited:
I think you should delete them, including this one. It would make this thread really transparent and easy to read.
Question, answer, question, answer. Awesome! 
I start to think the same :wink:.

Hemorrhage was not normalized back in Classic

High Elven models.
Ship models.
Ship crews.
Hemo will definitely not be normalized on Kronos. You will have the same mechanic as retail 1.12.1.
That also applies to your other questions regarding models and crews on zeps and boats. Regular 1.12.1 model and no crew. Sorry.

Thank you for taking the time and don't listen to the overeager! I'm certain there are many of us who are happy to wait for as long as it takes, only to see this done properly.
We really appreciate feedback like this. Thats what keeps your mood up :wink: Thanks.

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered before, but the video did not cover it.
On another server I played the roll for items would bug out if lots of people looted a mob at the same time. The roll duration would just end before it should and only the people quick enough to click need/greed before it bugged out would be counted in the roll. Does this work as it should?

The last clip of the video mentions that this issue is fixed.

What is/will be the donatation situation? It seems that now there's no way to donate for Kronos..? And after the release - if one is buying Twinstar Stars and spend it to buy a mount/pet/... on Kronos, will it mean that he donated Kronos, or just the whole Twinstar project? I have nothing against Twinstar, but I doubt I'll play anywhere except on Kronos, so Twinstar is "just" hardware master, DDoS-protector etc. for me, and I'd like to have an opportunity to donate Kronos directly :wub:
You can already donate at https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Donate/DonateHelp.aspx (if you made an account).

There is no possibility to donate to Kronos directly, as Kronos is an integral part of the twinstar project. Everyone who is a part of Kronos also is a part of Twinstar.

Last edited:
Any chance of maybe giving people a small honor bonus for every half hour that goes by in AV? Just to make turtleing a little less aggravating to the people playing? Not so much that it's the preferred method of getting honor in AV, but enough that people aren't constantly frustrated by the lack of progress.

Maybe I should have put this in the suggestion section but I'm pretty sure I've seen something similar in there at some point and it never got a response from anyone on the team.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but on the other vanilla server if you sell something on AH you get an empty letter sent in the mail but your gold will not arrive for an hour or so. Is this the case on Kronos also?
The letter is supposed to tell you the details of your sold auction (who bought it, how much gold you are getting and when you're getting it). It shows up blank on some servers which is a bug, but getting the letter itself isn't.

Any chance of maybe giving people a small honor bonus for every half hour that goes by in AV? Just to make turtleing a little less aggravating to the people playing? Not so much that it's the preferred method of getting honor in AV, but enough that people aren't constantly frustrated by the lack of progress.

Maybe I should have put this in the suggestion section but I'm pretty sure I've seen something similar in there at some point and it never got a response from anyone on the team.

No bonus honor.

Chero would quit, what exactly would happen?
Kronos won't be left for dead by Twinstar thats for sure. As for Chero, he's worked 4 years to get this server to where it is now and finally he and his work are receiving the recognition they deserve. Would you quit on that? :wink:

Other players may not fully appreciate it, but in my opinion the backbone of every good project are not necessarily developers, but rather the tester team. So my question is: "How many people are helping in the Kronos tester team?"
5-10 maybe. Theres more accounts of course, but I would say that 10 of them are actively testing. Some focus on PvE some on ingame mechanics and others on exploiting :biggrin:

Is something like a reward system for voting planned?

As I like to spread the word myself, after a release this will sure help to promote the server even more and a rewarding system will certainly help to motivate more people to vote on a daily basis.

No.

What was the most time consuming implementation? (approx.)
And what is the one you like most? (Boss script, spell mechanic, w/e)

Ok, thanks.
Another question:
According to http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.12.1

On Feenix underlined is bugged, is it working properly here?(Also check if there's a possibility to trade freshly bought mount, non-pvp one).

Not a bug. Epic mounts correctly require 150 riding. The confusion came to where if a person had an epic mount before the change would they still have to buy the riding skill (since the prices swapped). There is no way they were going to give an epic mount to people for 80g, especially one as easily grindable as the AV mounts. The answer was that the ones who bought the mounts at 800-1000g became grandfathered in and were given the riding skill. The rank 11 mounts however remained at 75 riding, I suppose because Blizzard decided if you PvP'd for months you deserved it. I had one of those AV mounts in patch 1.12 back in Classic and I remember I needed 150 riding to buy it. This here will also give you some insight: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2781

I asked this question already and it wasn't answered:

Do buffs and debuffs fade properly when they expire? On many private servers, debuffs will sometimes linger longer than the timer displays and it continues to debuff your character, i.e. a debuff that reduces your stats will linger sometimes up to 10 seconds longer and continues to reduce your stats even though the timer has expired. Will this work properly on Kronos or will it still work this way?

Will there be intrusive server announcements/tips made in the chat log periodically in red/yellow, such as "WARSONG GULCH [60] STARTED", "Visit our website at http://www.kronos-wow.com/" "GMs will NEVER ask for your password", etc.
There will be ingame messages for players. Its the fastest and safest way to spread news. Our server will not have a battleground announcing system or other spam messages though.

Who is your favourite staff member?
No comment.

What are you guys currently working on?
Broken quests.

Do buffs and debuffs fade properly when they expire? On many private servers, debuffs will sometimes linger longer than the timer displays and it continues to debuff your character, i.e. a debuff that reduces your stats will linger sometimes up to 10 seconds longer and continues to reduce your stats even though the timer has expired. Will this work properly on Kronos or will it still work this way?
I know that bug and its hard to reproduce. Since I did not have that happen a single time anymore since 6 months of testing I can only assume it is solved. There was no report for it ever.
This does not mean it can't happen only that its never been reported and that I personally never had it happen.
There was no explicit fix for it, however sometimes solving 1 issue also solves another.

Last edited:
There will be ingame messages for players. Its the fastest and safest way to spread news. Our server will not have a battleground announcing system or other spam messages though.

Somewhat disappointing, but thank you for the reply. Will there be an option to disable server announcements/messages client-side? I know some server messages can be made invisible via chat log, but that it can be overridden at times as well.

Last edited:
Realized that my questions are good for AMA :)
Is there any approved information about threat modifiers? I mean,
http://www.wowwiki.com/Kenco's_research_on_threat,
http://www.wowwiki.com/Threat?oldid=167381,
http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Oohla/Spreadsheets?oldid=423032 -
everything seem to be far from 1.12.1 (time differs, and, for example, Shield Slam requires 30 rage instead of 20). And contradictory to each other. What's going to be the basis on Kronos?

Also it'd be interesting to know how things like "modified by your shield block value" in Shield Slam are calculated.

Hello again. I enjoy very much doing quests so I wanted to ask you if players can expect this amount of details for quests on your future Kronos server which are shown in these videos (those videos are just an example) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSS1iCiv2Yg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIeY1XU_3NI

If you read through the AMA, there are many questions on the context of quests and if they are working or not/are they high quality.

The general consensus is that you can expect most (if not all) the quests to work fantastically even the heavily scripted ones (such as The Attack! or Cuergo's Gold) will work well.

According to Filvorja, their current objective is working on broken quests.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91092-AMA-Kronos-Staff?p=719956&viewfull=1#post719956

What happened to the statement, that final touches are going to be on things that are visible on the progress bar (dungeons for example). Broken quests are not shown, so does that mean that we can't expect any progression on the bar for a while?

"Quests" as a whole stands as its own bar...it currently is at 95% so i am not sure if broken quests are connected to the bar somehow. I assume they are.

Oh okay that was not true. But in the Final Touches post it was stated, that only dungeons are left and "fine tuning" of quests. Does that mean that it wasn't true? That not only fine tuning is needed, but there are actual broken quests?
Broken quests -> completable, but can bug out. I would consider that fine tuning. Or Cuergo's gold which was working except that you had to wait 5 minutes for the mobs to spawn.
Just check Twinhead, there are quests marked for "not working" like the one where alliances gets their fairy dragon. Guess thats what he meant.

And only because the focus lies on dungeons that does not mean there is nothing else left to do. At the moment the question came up, staff was working on broken quests. Its just that simple.

Hello again. I enjoy very much doing quests so I wanted to ask you if players can expect this amount of details for quests on your future Kronos server which are shown in these videos (those videos are just an example) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSS1iCiv2Yg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIeY1XU_3NI
Many quests already have their evens added. The ones with the dwarves are missing. At the moment I try to convince Chero to add it.
However, our focus lies on releasing the server as fast as possible and missing quest ending scenes are no reason to delay a launch.

Are we going to see players that are riding griffons/wyverns drop out of the sky onto the ground or will they be flying like normal?
Write me a PM and tell me how to reproduce this and I can try and see.

Azalus said:
I'm hoping that a GM or developer will be able to provide some insight and be willing to say for certain the state of raids, knowing that they are speaking for the project and its integrity.
For any issue known with raiding content you can always check Twinhead.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=1555

If you want to believe it or not, fixing boss scripts is a rather easy task compared to dealing with bugs in core mechanics. If you really want me to compare our scripts with those of other servers (which I really don't like to do) I'd say ours are better.
All I can say to get your mood back up is, you will not be disappointed in our raid content. I would even go so far to say that our content is ready for raiding right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom