• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

If i remember well, it was already mentioned elsewhere:
Argent dawn and Cenarion hold rewards will be added later. All other items (like titanic leggins/Lionheart Helm) will be availible at launch.

What is the result of the "petition against DM at release"? Will the server launch with or without DM?
If something is blocked on release you will find it here. http://www.kronos-wow.com/info/
DM will be available at launch.

How much do you bench press, Chero?
Alot :tongue:

Question: Will there be paid features on the server (Exp Boost, Instant 60, Gold etc.)? I'm just curious.
NEVER

Is there any plan to make them a higher priority in the fix list?
Not as long as there are more urgent issues to solve.

Do paladins correctly gain 1% Spell Crit Chance per 29.5 Intellect unlike all other casters which should get 1% per 60 or 59.5 Int?
Ok, interesting read. What did you decide on then? How will it be on Kronos?
If there is no report there is also no change. It is still 29.5 right now.

Does the Troll racial Berserking apply correctly (10%/20%/30% speed increase) depending on the player's level of health?
Just retested. It gives 30% right away. The breakpoints are missing.

how long is OBT going to last?
We planned it for at least a week.

It's been almost a week and several newer questions have been answered since.
If you have not decided how to handle these items yet that is also an answer :smile:
Lionheart and Titan Leggings will both be available at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the benefit of making an open beta and not releasing right away?

It gives the dev team a little more time to finish polishing stuff, while also showcasing the realm's functionality to the vanilla community. The community, trying it out, can then make an informed decision what realm to play on.

And of course, it serves as a stress test and a final attempt to find any missed bugs that could otherwise cause problems during the early days of Kronos, thus providing the perfect-est start possible.

*just a regular player answer. A team member will maybe explain it better.

Do we have to download the 3 files called "Twinstar Vanilla Part 1,2 and 3" to be able to play on kronos? I don't really understand. Thanks.

P.S thanks for all your work. Im superstoked for this server.
wub.gif
tyvler, any 1.12.1 client will do, the client is split in three parts for easier downloading, but you can also get it from here as a single download if you want http://download.vengeancewow.com/1.12.1/client/1121_WoW_Client.rar

(you'll need to change the realmlist to play on kronos)

You have stated that multiboxing will be completely banned, so here's my question based from the completely banned statement:

Question
Where do you draw the line on what multiboxing is, or how would you define it?

Are you allowed to be logged in and use two accounts on the same time in terms of:
1) Trading raiding potions/reagents between characters?
2) Leveling/boosting twinks?

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/87500-Petition-against-multiboxing?p=714862#post714862

What is the benefit of making an open beta and not releasing right away?
More time to fix :tongue:
It is really that simple. I am confident that our server will already please the beta testers. We would still like a bit more time to improve it even further.

Question: Do you guys use http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches to verify how some abilities/mechanics works ?
Sometimes we do. If there is no other source.
WoWWiki entries are not our first choice. The site was vandalised alot of times and not all information is accurate. In your example it is just a link to a patch not, so this is fine.

With the help of 2 testers I tried to verify your example. Chain heal currently jumps to the closest target first. This is, as you posted, wrong. A job for Essos spell scripting.

Will there be any in-game cross faction communication? Or will /say be translated into common/orcish gibberish?
No crossfaction communication. Emote are all you have.
Corrected: Ironfoe makes you speak dwarvish. Dwarves will be able to read what you say.

Are you allowed to be logged in and use two accounts on the same time in terms of:
1) Trading raiding potions/reagents between characters?
2) Leveling/boosting twinks?
Both is allowed. Thank you Cyndan for linking the thread.

Also thanks to all the other for answering questions.

Last edited:
Hello, on Feenix it is possible to use shadowmeld like a vanish if you're a NE hunter. The trick is that you used Feign death + shadowmeld macro to avoid coil or PoM Pyro, for example. I won't post a link to movie from that server which contains uses of this trick, but is it a bug or not? And will it work on Kronos? Will Cloaking device and invisibility potion do the same? According to Bug report it's not possible to use Stealth like that.
Bugreport proved it, but its not changed so far. At the moment you can still shadowmeld spells.

I will try asking again since my question seem to be lost in a spam.

To change email on account one got to perform phone pairing first.
Currently phone pairing requires having phone number with +420/+421 country codes.
Will the feature be extended for international country code numbers?
Thanks.

Unfortunately thats not possible at this moment and will be discussed later on.

If we want to enable all Countrys, the cost of the pairing and autorizing SMS messages would be really high and such service cost would be inacceptable- by both sides.

So we will have to find out some better way or SMS provider for such thing.

Choose your email carefully, it's your primary key and there is a chance you wont be able to change it so soon ( but am pretty sure we will find some way how to make it possible for the rest of the world)

Security of Accounts is our top priority and thats the reason why we authorize almost everything and as long as the email is the primary key to most stuff, its change must be really secured by many factors.

Thanks

Question: what is your position on model-editing? Will it be strictly forbidden or tolerated ? sorry if its been asked before :blushing:

I asked that maybe two months ago in a other thread and the official response was along the line forbidden but tolerated if it gives no advantage over other players.

When you have the limit of PvP marks (like https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20560), it sends any additional marks to your mailbox. On Kronos is there a time limit on those marks? Or can you leave them in your mailbox forever till you open them?
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=1556
The remain in the mail for 24h. After that time they disappear.

Will all raids be at least 90% scripted before release of Kronos? As im concerned to due what happen on valkyrie wow never releasing even AQ.
Not all, but the relevant ones. The rest will follow closely. At what time AQ will be released is a matter of how fast our community progresses and manages to farm the war effort materials :tongue:

marvelous pathfinding system and maybe scripted Alterac Valley. Can we expect this kind of pathfinding before official Kronos release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlanjLzmew ??
You can absolutely expect this on Kronos.

Will slam work correctly
It correctly resets the swingtimer.

What is the protocol in case of exploits?
Can people have accounts banned for cheating
They can and will.
We won't hold people responsible for everything they do of course, but if you willingly abuse a bug or exploit you have to deal with the consequences.

Do you have any specific strategy or policy for picking the next bug reports to be addressed?
Every developer choses the bugs he can or wants to solve all on his own. Mostly its a matter of preference.
Some bugs are more urgent then others though. The larger the impact of the issue, the higher its priority.
As an example:
- If spelldamage would scale wrongly it would affect all casters, thus has a very high priority.

Hello Kronos team and thank you for your effort to deliver a quality gaming experience!

Do you have any specific strategy or policy for picking the next bug reports to be addressed?

Also, there is user vote system. You can vote on which bugs you want to see fixed more than others. Devs then can consider community opinion.

Do you always have a maximum of 10 possible votes? Is there any way to get more? Are you able to get vote points back? Couldn't find it in "Help" section.

Are the rarespawns scripted too? (Abilities/pathing)
I can't wait until beta to test it. I need to know it know!

After i viewed your link i just tried to find the way on my own by clicking through the HP, i just can't get to it.
In the link it shows it has to be anywhere .../2013/10/26/twinhead-vote-system/
blushing.gif
Where is that "2013" thingy.
Sorry still tired, maybe its me and i just don't see the way.
I found it simply by searching (the tab on the left) "vote" on the webpage, and it was on the second page of the results. To find it just by browsing the articles, you need to go to twinstar.cz, click on General and go back to page 8.

Last edited:
In what state is development of Armory and boss fight details? Does it already started or is it only planed? Is it even possible to make these features compatible with Twinstar web?

PS: For anyone who will try to answer like "let them first finish the server". Web design is done by different people than server development.

I will port boss kills before release, its still work in progress, so its better developing it only on one realm.

That was fast.

Yeah i just checked that video before asking, am i missing something? Where is the part about shift-looting?
Watched it again, nowhere to be found.
I meant in general this theme got a showcase, what u mentioned is not shown, because, how to show when it's working?
This is from the video description: 'Also, the auto-pass bug during group runs will not happen any longer!'
Sorry when my first answer don't explain it properly.

BTW. the very last clip should show this.

Is Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope(item=18283) working correctly here? What I mean is that it will not affect melee hit %, but only on the weapon it's attached on (ranged). In many servers I've been on it also affects to melee hit, making the item WAY too powerful.
Yes, this is fixed.

hey, I got a quick question about opening lock boxes in trade windows for other players. On retail you didn´t need to trade over the box to the other rogue, but you could pick lock it "in" the trade window itself. Some private servers out there don´t care about that fact.
It should be fixed.

Translation - Rogue should be able to open lockboxes through trade window. It's similar to enchanting.

It should be fixed.
Translation - Rogue should be able to open lockboxes through trade window. It's similar to enchanting.
Retested, reopened. Currently you get an error message.

Few more questions:

1 - What is the range that the server renders NPC's compare to other servers. Can your servers handle long range NPC render ?

2 - Does the Blacksmith specializations like Weaponsmith/Armorsmith work properly ?

3 - Does Mobs keep their "Attack Stand" (if they have) while in combat ? Example on ED: Mob runs to you and does the attack animation, then goes to idle animation while waiting to strike again (every time after attack).

4 - (Optional) Why do you think Blizzard don't want to release Vanilla only server ?

5 - (Optional) What IF Blizzard change their mind and actually release an Vanilla server ? What will happen to Kronos then?
1 - depends on load. The more traffice the smaller the range. You should be able to see players from as far as 1 side of warsong to the other (midfield)
2 - yes
3 - they stay in attack mode
4 - Its not worth it
5 - Kronos won't close, but I guess players will leave :biggrin:

1-will hunter (warlock too?)'s pets have an heartbeat mechanic concerning cc's? aka sheeps should never last 30sec or fear 20sec on them

2-is cat's prowl ability fixed (the +30% dmg on first hit)?
Boar's charge (the AP bonus) ?

3-on page 26 of this thread, someone said NE shadowmeld shouldnt "eat" spells and that it should be fixed in the future, could anyone link the evidence?
1 - should they? Right now they don't afaik. Would have to retest.
2 - Its 50% https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=24455. Since there is no issue reported it should work.
3 - https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=3291

Is 'every' developer focusing on Kronos right now?
OR are the TBC developers on Kronos?
Each project has its own team. Not all Twinstar devs focus on Kronos. If they want, they can help out. Right now Kioshi, a Cataclysm Developer, is helping out on Kronos.

Not sure if its a bug but on ed when you kill a mob then die before looting it the loot would be gone when you respawn.
Depends. If you take too much time the mob will despawn. The timer is enought for you to corpse run in most of the cases. 5-10 minutes.

Are there going to be any restrictions for taking footage from beta? Or everyone is free to post screenshots/videos from the test?
You are free to take as much footage as you like. Twich, frapse, pics, all encouraged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom