• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any figures on the popularity of the video? I can see 7k views in 42 hours. But I would like to know how many views it received after the first full day.

This is really interesting. My recollection of certain Vanilla mechanics is hazy. Now I'm curious if pets get the heartbeat check on CC's.

It have been already answered, they dont now, because nobody knew if they should. I'm sure that prooves will be found and it will get quickly fixed.

Will we be able to reset the cooldown on spells on the BETA for testing purposes? Would be cool. If so what is the command?

Thanks.
This would more or less ruin PvE testing. As cool as you think that might be.

1 - Does the Druid Animal Form model scales properly? When I played on ED the Tauren Cat Form was huge.

2 - Does the questline for the Warrior Berserker Stand works ? From what I have heard from Dodgy Kebab videos, this quest is had to pull off.

3 - Who made the Trailer for Kronos?
1 - Feral forms for alliance and horde are both the same size
2 - Its not hard to fix. It just takes time. On Kronos the mobs will enter the ring one after another and challenge you. I suggest you try the quest out yourself on friday :smile:
3 - Hurricane

when did the kronos project start?

What class should I play, Kronos Team? :biggrin:
Male Nightelf Priest

It seems like the majority of our players cares a lot about dungeons (surprise), at least I've seen quite some say that they will test them in the beta. I've been following your bug tracker closely, and saw that you about 2 weeks ago started getting full dungeon reports. When I looked into them, it felt like quiet some of the dungeons had several issues. More than I imagined. Am I wrong if I presume that you've spent the last weeks on dungeon fixes? I just hope that the beta test will be a good experience for everyone, therefore this concerns me bit :)

It have been already answered, they dont now, because nobody knew if they should. I'm sure that prooves will be found and it will get quickly fixed.

where has it been "already answered " i thought i was the first here to raise that question

regarding it anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5bIKjadBfw
at 8:10 the wolf get feared
at 8:17 he is already coming back
conclusion: heartbeat mechanic should apply to pets (we arent talking about diminishing return here, thats another problem)

1 - When the server releases will there be Alliance/Horde population statistics on the site ?

2 - Will there be also a Class statistics on the site ?
Example: Most played class on Horde Side:
1 - Rogue
2 - Warrior
3 - Hunter etc.
I think this could help people choose which class to play.

3 - Does Mind Control works on Mob who has been tagged by another player?

4 - Will the Horde and Alliance AH be linked?

5 - Does the Tracked Quests updates properly when you loot/kill something ?

Last edited:
1 - When the server releases will there be Alliance/Horde population statistics on the site ?

Just piggy-backing off this. In-game will the /who be able to show the total population currently online? Or will there be a command like ".server info" which will show information like: current online population, server up-time, the amount of GMs online etc.?

Hello to Kronos team! My first post here, I have one question:
Q: Will the quest chain that upgrades the D1 sets to D2 gear (also called t0.5) be available at launch, or will they be added after AQ get released, as they were in retail?

I'm sure it's somewhere in FAQ - It wont. It will be released later.

Hi

Maybe (I´m sure) this is a unusal question in this thread..
However, if you look on the pre-WotLk map, there are several Islands.
I mean these Islands in the north, the big one where Pandaria now is and the one western from Kalimdor.

Q1: Is there actual something ingame at the position of these islands, or are they just visual on the map?

My second question is about the lore of these Islands (my whole knowledge of them I have from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QWjz3OmNs); does anyone know anything about them?

I´m sorry for these questions, actually they don´t really fit in here but I searched the whole web about these Islands but I found almost nothing and I´m really interested :biggrin:

Greetings, Buddhaseyes

Hey Staff,

At the server launch, will the spawn rate of mobs in starting areas be increased for the first 24-48 hours?

It was goddamned awful to try to level yesterday at the other launch but that experiment proved extremely useful because we all know what to expect now.

After 4 hours I was still level 3, running all over Durotar trying to find a spot to grind on mobs 3-4 levels higher than me which was no fun. Even exploring was better than grinding.
In Kronos-Spawn rate/time depend of ppl who are in that Area--->more ppl=fast respawn

Will there be summoning stones placed at entraces of the instances? Instead off the meeting stones?

Or something similiar, its frustrating when you have to wait for 1 person to run a long distance.
Original Meeting stones, summoning stones were added with tbc.

Aieris said that all NPC now dealing 1/3 damage less than they should (http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...rtuned-in-Beta?p=729608&viewfull=1#post729608). Really, there was an update which could cause it?
That's just my opinion based on observation and memory :biggrin: But there was update that changed all NPC stat handling. If I understand it correctly, before, each NPC had its hp/armor/dmg/etc. in DB separately. Now, these stats are calculated, based on NPC level/status and only special NPCs are handled diferently. This, in my opinion, lowered dmg output. I estimate, that it's 1/3, but i may be wrong. It needs further and deeper investigation.

How many players online Kronos can/might handle?

WotLK servers can handle over 4000 people, Cata server is limited to 3500 (info from Feb), so you can count with similar limits on Kronos.
Actual limits are not final, the hardware can handle more, but the core cannot, so right now it all depends on the server optimization (aka Chero magic).

Why don't you take corecraft's philosophy and take your time to fix everything (zone by zone, instance by instance, quest by quest, spell by spell, item by item, NPC by NPC etc...)?? You saw that Nostalrius will release the server before yours and then you decided to release your server 30 days after Nostalrius' release. Bad decision really, you will just be at Nostalrius' shadow. You should not watch over others projects, you should care only about yours server's quality and nothing else, no matter how long it will take, just like corecraft is doing. Plus, that kind of philosophy is great for boosting hype.

This is something that's been bugging me since the announcement. Corecraft is planned to be the mother of all TBC servers. On the vanilla scene, we could have something like that as well. However, with this rushed release just because another server pushed earlier, with probably a lot of things still not fixed and potential problems, Kronos, same all other 1.12.1 servers, will be just 'another' vanilla realm, just with more zealots.

Why not cancel all this release nonsense, take your time to achieve the perfection your team aspired to, and then release a server that everyone will be looking up to for years to come?

Because a lack of hype killed the last version of Kronos and it would kill it again. Not riding the current vanilla hype wave would have been a big mistake and delaying Kronos even further in light of recent competition would be an even bigger mistake. But I feel like you know this already.

Let me ask you a question though: Why bring this old topic up now, two weeks before release? Is your post meant to be anything more than ranting? I mean you seriously want Kronos to turn into the vanilla version of Corecraft? You can't be serious..

2 questions:
1)I saw different mobs with the same bug, what is the proper way to report it? Create X reports with copypasted bug or create report for one bug and include all bugged mobs here?(I'm sure that I'll meet more of them so structure probably be ruined)
2)In Silithus I saw AQ-related NPCs, will they and\or their quests be removed on release?

This hasn't been responded to in a long while, but I figure a staff member will drop by eventually.

The forum Rules set - http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/67439-Forum-rules-Last-update-27-June-2012

Are these legit? I ask for two reasons. For one, when Kronos goes live we are going to have a LOT of Nostalrius refugees running over here, and their forum is a complete shambles. The functional use of these forums is really good, and I'd hate to see it destroyed.

The second reason is that I've noticed one or more established members of the forum boards breaking rules E, F, and M on a routine basis. How you answer this question might determine if it continues.
Yes, these are legit rules. As for breaking the rules you mentioned, if you see anybody here pretending to be a team member, you can (and should!) report him (see THIS post). Concerning E and M, it is not always easy to say what is acceptable and what is not (and it of course varies from one MOD to another). You can report any offensive posts as well. It is true - at least for me personally - that I tend to be a bit less strict with the people that have been here for some time already. Of couse that does not mean they can do just whatever they want.

The second point is that the Kronos section could use one more MOD. I look throughout the whole section once a week (that is why I am answering to this as late as today), otherwise I just check the "hot" topics or anything that Chero or other team member points out to me. I am not sure about other MODs but I think it is pretty much the same for them. That is why I want to encourage you to report what you consider against the rules. These reports are re-sent to MODs' mails, so you do not have to wait for somebody to bump into the problematic post/topic by coincidence. I am also on the Kronos IRC if there is something urgent to be dealt with.

Third, regarding Nost people (and not only them): if they come here to discuss things politely, they are very welcome. If they come to troll, they will be warned and banned if needed. It is as simple as that. Several bans have already been imposed (some of them permanent), and I have no scruples about imposing more of them. Of course it is not something I primarily want to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom