• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

Hows fishing, All fine and dandy?
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?search=fishing#issues
As you can see there are a few issues with fishing. Not the mechanic itself, but with the STV event.

And does Free Action Potion work as intented?
Keep up the good work.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=5634#issues
Here is a list of repoted bug and solved issue for FAPs.

For questions about spells I suggest you try out getting used to Twinhead. There you can easily look up all related known issues. If there are any. Or report new ones if you find them.

Theres no entrys on changelogs in 19days. Does this mean changes have not been added to database yet but are made already? Or no quests have been finished yet?
^ this one gets it :wink:

The changelog is only filed once the fixed are available on the test server. Chero has his own realm where he codes and tests. It would mean to much overhead to upload the changes all the time they are made. Additionally Twinstars strict security (this is good for you too) makes the upload a bit more complicated then just pressing 1 button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you,

Question about Shadowmeld. Will it properly add an extra level of stealth for, well... stealthed NE Rogues and prowling Druids on the move, as per its tooltip? And yes, I did check it on twinhead. Yet I do not think the information is there and it is one of those issues which may slip under the radar for a long time if taken for granted. The Changelog contains only 1 fix, concerning spells cast while Shadowmelded. It's no rush, but IF/WHEN you have a moment, would you be so kind as to double-check this?

Thank you for keeping at it and being so prompt by the by.

Hey you,

Question about Shadowmeld. Will it properly add an extra level of stealth for, well... stealthed NE Rogues and prowling Druids on the move, as per its tooltip? And yes, I did check it on twinhead. Yet I do not think the information is there and it is one of those issues which may slip under the radar for a long time if taken for granted. The Changelog contains only 1 fix, concerning spells cast while Shadowmelded. It's no rush, but IF/WHEN you have a moment, would you be so kind as to double-check this?

Thank you for keeping at it and being so prompt by the by.
I tested it for you. It add 5 more points to stealth (equal to 1 point in MoD which is 1y). Working as intended.
Take human though. Perception + Sword/Mace helps more in PvP then higher stealth level <3

I will skip the tavern question as I am not able to answer it right now. As far as I know there was only 1 tavern song in vanilla wow. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. /moved

@Chero - How much helpful its studying other project cores? Coding its to specific? I mean, it is possible to take some advantage from other cores. Not mean thrue copy but some benefits and right course. :)
Sure it can be helpful. As you mentioned already different servers take different approaches to solve problems. Well written code can give you insight about how to solve a problem or better, can be ported to your core.
For example. Kronos server is based on mangos, but also implements alot concepts from trinity.

What is your policy about lost/deleted characters on Kronos? Account security is mostly players own responsibility but if something happens and you lose your character, are you able to return it?
Account security is your responsibility and yours alone.

Twinstar gives you several features for higher security. Like bruteforce blocking and phone pairing. You can check this at http://www.twinstar.cz/?lang=en.
An account can only be stolen if the attacker also has your email address. The address is not visible in the account manager (only parts of it).
Characters above level 19 can not be deleted. However, items or other stuff can get lost. We will not recover anything for obvious reasons. Write me a PM if you want further details.

One suggestion I can give you is to check your account manager regularly for login attempts and use an obscure password.

Will there be training dummies? Besides being amazing for trying out different specs and practicing dps rotations, they let people test out server mechanics such as item proc rates, scaling, +weapon skill, +hit, and enchants.

I think that vanilla don't know system to handle them. They appeared during TBC.

Munki:
No idea if this has been asked before, if so, im sorry.

Is there a fix for the zeppelin/boat issue (where you get thrown out once zoned) on MAC OS systems? Or was this a client issue?

There is already thread about it on forums. It's mostly client side problem.

Why is there such a rush to release the server as soon as possible ? From what I see here there is still work to be done (Example: Sunken Temple is at 55% atm). I personally am happy to wait for more polish and attention to details.

Whaaaa...
blink.gif

So if I have a character of a boring class but with a cool name, or a hair style I grew to hate, or it was accidentally leveled twink, or any reason you can imagine, the name is lost forever on that character since I can't delete it and reroll?

(I'd imagine some others would have interest in this too, so didn't use PM)
You can rename characters.

Whaaaa...
blink.gif

So if I have a character of a boring class but with a cool name, or a hair style I grew to hate, or it was accidentally leveled twink, or any reason you can imagine, the name is lost forever on that character since I can't delete it and reroll?

(I'd imagine some others would have interest in this too, so didn't use PM)
You can sell your character. Then your name will be free again.

Is the Nostalrius release 28/2 any kind of stress for you? (please tell the true, we all would understand)
Not really, we expected them to rush it.

Are you guys planning some kind of strategic move for Nostarius launch date announcement?
/e Holaver: I think that launching the beta the day before their launch pretty muchanswers this question.

I tested it for you. It add 5 more points to stealth (equal to 1 point in MoD which is 1y). Working as intended.
Take human though. Perception + Sword/Mace helps more in PvP then higher stealth level <3

Hey, thanks so much! Glad it has not been overlooked \o/

As to Humans, ugh, there’ll always be the drawback that every time one murders a Horde Rogue, Perception will be invoked as the cause. And I’ve played a NE 10 years ago, so nostalgia wise etc.
That said, I have not taken a decision yet. Changed my huntress for optimization in the past from NE to Draenei and Worgen, even Orc. Perception whine may get me a free Earl Z. Moade AV shirt in the mail after all! And aesthetically, NE Rogues have downsides, both F/M, have such horrid stealth movement animations that even I am somewhat put off and Human F benefit from oversized weapons. Plus, the whole Alliance Rogue experience was designed around humans, with the whole SI:7, Defias, Ravenholdt, Syndicate etc. crap around, even the Onyxia plot. So may be worth leveling & being Human at least for a while, change later. One more pretext to make a donation after all.

Apologies filv, not a place for discussion, as you repeated a few times already!
For clarification and further reference, he confirmed for us that Shadowmeld passively adds an extra level of stealth to a NE Druid’s Prowl and a NE Rogue’s Stealth, as supposed to in Classic.

This hijacking got a bit out of hand. There was a little cleanup necessary.
This thread is meant to be informative for members and newcomers and not a discussion.

We will surely not give you an ETA anymore. So thats that.
Sunday you will see an announcement that you all are going to like. Till then, stick to the topic guys.

This hijacking got a bit out of hand. There was a little cleanup necessary.
This thread is meant to be informative for members and newcomers and not a discussion.

We will surely not give you an ETA anymore. So thats that.
Sunday you will see an announcement that you all are going to like. Till then, stick to the topic guys.

Thanks for that :D

On a side note, were you able to reproduce the problem I PM'd you about? The issue with the players falling from the sky?

Bad packets do seem to be the culprit, and if that's fixed then I don't expect it to happen on Kronos. If it does I'll open a bug report :)

I know there were already questions about nodes of herbs and minerals and such, and I am curious about how quickly they respawn. For example, I cannot find mineral nodes to save my life on ED, and I can't imagine it's because someone is farming it from under my nose. (unless they're hacking) So will the respawn time on nodes be something like 15-20 min? It seemed that this was the amount of time that was on retail back in the day, because I could do a loop of a zone and once I got back to the beginning of the loop I just had to wait a few minutes for the nodes to respawn.
Currently nodes have a 45 minute respawn timer. They are pooled globally.
Lets say you have 100 dreamfoil spots over the entire map, but only 20 dreamfoil can be up at the same time.
If a players herbs a dreamfoil it will respawn after 45 minuts on any unused dreamfoil spawnpoint. Where it spawns it entirely random. It could even be the same position as before.
This will lead to herbs ending up in less frequently used zones forcing players to spread over the entire world to gather materials.

Let's say that players will herb all the 20 dreamfoils spawned, does this mean that there will be no dreamfoil spawned on the entire map for 45 minutes? (45 minutes from the first dreamfoil gathered ofc)
Just curious here.
Not a satisfying answer maybe, but there are things we would like our players to find out for themselves.

Is there a point where farming the nodes would be detrimental enough for the devs to decrease the respawn time? Say there are a lot of players, and people need to farm the mats for their professions, so there are constantly people running around all the zones (beginning ones in particular), and there are no nodes for beginners to be able to level up their professions. This could have a negative outlook on the server...is there a point where the timer would be set to respawn faster if necessary?

I notice that the progress bar has started moving at a decent pace again, does this mean that you are finished working on things that aren't represented in the progress bar?

Also what percentage would you like to see everything (everything that is available at launch I mean) at before you are willing to launch the server?

Question: Will there be paid features on the server (Exp Boost, Instant 60, Gold etc.)? I'm just curious.

Read the FAQ. There won't be such things. No pay2win (if you dont consider characterauction as pay2win - I personally dont). Only cosemetics and character auctions and normal donations will do for twinstar.

I dont wanna be rude...but can some1 from stuff simple explane work going and give some Info for possible release( I mean--> must w8 half year or .... ) :smile:

Just wait for the announcement TOMORROW. Hopefully we'll get to know something.

Hello, my question:
Do paladins correctly gain 1% Spell Crit Chance per 29.5 Intellect unlike all other casters which should get 1% per 60 or 59.5 Int? I couldn't find a report about this in the bug tracker, so either it works or hasn't been tested yet. Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20061127140422/http://www.wowwiki.com/Talshuler's_Int_Research.
Thanks for your time.

There was a discussion about this. First related post to crit is here, my response here, after which Dhorn reacted and posted a very interesting theory about why paladins might not actually get 29.5 Int per crit. The discussion ended at about page 3.

Last edited:
Is the in-game Report Fix announcement working on Kronos? I dunno if it was implemented for anything else than Cataclysm realm, but it would be nice if you had it as well.

Explanation:
I test a report on bugtracker, mark it as Fixed and when I write a short description for Changelog the system allows me to send this as an in-game announcement = reach more people. It gathers these announcements and releases them in set intervals during "peak" times so most players can see them.

I would like to know if this (underlined) number:
k2jMaL.jpg

is count of views when someone actually new checked it out or just when someone "clicked" it. Thanks. :wink:
"just when someone clicked it" is the right option.

Top Bottom