• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Another way of obtaining "Necrotic Runes" on Kronos

i guess the only solution then is to have all consecrated stones and blessed wizard oil expire in a month or two so no one can complain about unfair advantages

That is not the only solution. I gave several solutions in this thread already, Maybe u should read it.

If only we had over a decade to know the invasion event was limited so we could farm it o_O

I dont know about Synced, But I sure as hell didnt know Naxx would be out for 25 months before TBC. :))

Maybe all the xp from the x7 event should be reverted atfer a month or two too :)

Not sure why you keep bringing up random examples that arent comparable at all. Are you guys really so worried a popular suggestion that’ll change exactly zero for you will be implemented?

Edit: And this is not just about comparing epeens. Raiding 12 months with a certain consumable (that lasts for an hour and persists through death, nothing like a dumb fucking event food buff) and then suddenly not having this consumable is obviously annoying and demoralizing. Competition is one reason why.

There are so many unblizzlike features and changes on Kronos made to please the playerbase. To keep the players happy, to get new players and to keep Them playing. This is just another one.

Im literally clueless as to why a rogue with 10000 Stones or some healers feel so strongly about this specific case that it has to be ridiculed.

Last edited:
You were able to level up with an increased experience rate during a limited amount of time and are still able to reap the benefits from that event.
You were able to farm certain consumables during a limited amount of time and are still able to reap the benefits from that event.

How is that not the same? And I was answering to Lild's proposal of removing the rewards from Necrotic Runes that were put in place to ease the transition into Naxxramas until people are catching up with gear and not to have a permanent replacement for Stones and Oils to begin with. I really don't know why you are always responding with an ad hominem instead of letting other people have a different opinion on things or showing other examples using your logic. Not like a thread in here has ever changed any ingame related issue unless it's coming from a certain someone whining about bugfixing maces ;)

Hello Theruas sorry if i lashed out on you i want you to know its nothing personal but i still wish now when i do sometimes play shadow priest (of the alliance) to also have some of these runes. Could we maybe compromise and give the event back for those who want and those who dont can just stay in capital memeing around this will solve all server problems:)

Best Regards,
Lucilan, Priest of the Alliance.

You were able to level up with an increased experience rate during a limited amount of time and are still able to reap the benefits from that event.
You were able to farm certain consumables during a limited amount of time and are still able to reap the benefits from that event.

How is that not the same? And I was answering to Lild's proposal of removing the rewards from Necrotic Runes that were put in place to ease the transition into Naxxramas until people are catching up with gear and not to have a permanent replacement for Stones and Oils to begin with. I really don't know why you are always responding with an ad hominem instead of letting other people have a different opinion on things or showing other examples using your logic. Not like a thread in here has ever changed any ingame related issue unless it's coming from a certain someone whining about bugfixing maces ;)

I’m perfectly capable of letting people have their opinion. In some cases I even respect it. However, I have an issue with people like Chainsaw that do not contribute with anything, and I have an issue with people ridiculing this suggestion and some of the reasoning behind it. These people know I’m right but disagree with my suggestion so they resolve to ridiculing; a pathetic way of lobbying.

I don’t agree with this being the slippery slope that will have people asking for other one-time events to return or other QoL improvements. If this was the first unblizzlike feature to be implemented on Kronos, I’d fully agree, However We are long past that point. Kronos’ policy to carefully change or alter some things about Vanilla is ultimately what led me to ask for this change to be implemented. And if people start suggesting more features/changes like this one, then I’m sure Kronos will deal with it case by case as they’ve done in the past. I’ll be there to work against a re-introduction of holiday food, 7x event, free consumables from vendors and I won’t be alone.

I was not a part of 7x, yet Ive accumulated countless summon locks, mooncloth bots and alts. I have yet to see anyone Who wasnt a part of the Invasion having Necrotic Runes or Stones/oils.

And theres a definite pattern to be found in the people speaking out against this/ridiculing this: Have 10000 Stones or main a healer...

Last edited:
You voted for a harder naxx and now you want to have more stones because you think they are needed. As I said already I do not have any thing against this change, but I find your argumentation that people quit the server if kronos does not introduce the changes you want highly ridiculous. That is roughly as telling your boss that all employees will quit their job if he does not offer the company a gourmet coffeemaker.
And please stop presenting everyone who is against your arguments as a degenerated asshole.

P.s. shall I run out of wizard oils, I'll switch to the brilliant wiz oils and keep my mouth shut instead of bringing up such a ridiculous argument.

You voted for a harder naxx and now you want to have more stones because you think they are needed. As I said already I do not have any thing against this change, but I find your argumentation that people quit the server if kronos does not introduce the changes you want highly ridiculous. That is roughly as telling your boss that all employees will quit their job if he does not offer the company a gourmet coffeemaker.
And please stop presenting everyone who is against your arguments as a degenerated asshole.

P.s. shall I run out of wizard oils, I'll switch to the brilliant wiz oils and keep my mouth shut instead of bringing up such a ridiculous argument.

I don’t expect you to understand. You’re completely out of touch with reality. You’re pathetic. Get out of my thread you autistic dipshit.

As a moderator in this forum i think Changsaw and Meckie should both relax and drink some coffee then come back with good arguments and then just go at it in STV arena or something.

I don't think they are needed to progress or for cutting edge dps on say patchwerk,

Chainsaw, people play this for fun, not neccessity like a real job. The two don't compare and I feel you could have used a better example.
You Gquit Memento Mori because we were too 'casual and unorganized' for Naxx, but here we are, 15/15 anyway with a lighter mood and care for RL than I'm thinking vanguard does. (or used to be)

I feel the change is more for personal flavor and it makes sense to give both old and new players alike another way showing self improvement.
Seeing the high numbers keeps people playing, and losing the edge for the numbers you were able to reach before definitely seems more demoralizing. I'm sure lots of pve players share the sentiment. If you want to settle for a weaker alternative, all the power to you, you have that option too.

Kronos has been its own iteration of vanilla for a very long time now, anyway.
We can only improve the core game from here on out, why would Kronos step backwards?

ps Kronos is always going to be the ptr of the next Kronos release. I'm wondering when the playerbase and Kronos/Twinstar Team is to really going to catch on and give players the chance to enjoy their playtime to the fullest extent, knowing its only going to be a finite amount of time.

Edit - Coffee sounds good.

Edit 2 - PvP Queue anywhere is going to be awesome and a step in the right direction.

holy crap a third edit, sorry Chainsaw I forgot you went Synced frankly I don't have a clue how you guys operate or your vibe

so my bad there

Last edited:
I have absolutely zero personal interest in runes. I have stopped raiding and even when i was, both my toons are healers and have no use for runes.

BUT

if runes are to drop from lower tier raids or BGs it could potentially a) increase server activity b) be of benefit to newcomers

As a moderator in this forum i think Changsaw and Meckie should both relax and drink some coffee then come back with good arguments and then just go at it in STV arena or something.

He already whispered me ingame telling me he agrees with me and that he’s too big of a pussy to admit it in public. I don’t have to convince him I’m right because he already knows. I’ll let him keep up appearences for his new cool friends he has to impress. His newfound <Synced> confidence is adorable and I wouldn’t want to take that away from him destroying him in STV Arena.

Really Meckie, if I didn't know what Kind of Person you are, I'd be speechless now.

1.)
When I whisper you "I do not care if this suggestion gets applied or not", it does not mean "I agree with it".
I already wrote that several times in this post (so much about the pussy thing)

2.)
I whispered you to take some tension out of the discussion but all YOU did was being offensive. Now you take it a step further and continue to fuel the shit show of personal insults you have turned this thread into.

3.)
You keep on making connections from what I write to my guild (either here and on discord). You should, at some point, learn that one, two, several people from a guild stating their opinion does not mean that this is the opinion of a specific guild as a whole.

4.)
Your behaviour is highly toxic, repeatedly being personal and insulting, spreading misinformation to discredit people who are against your suggestion. Maybe you should learn to accept there are people with different opinions on specific topics.

5.)
Did the few people acriticizing your arguments hurt your obviously small ego so much that you have to spread lies and personal offenses (which only exist from your side) in this forum?

Really Meckie, if I didn't know what Kind of Person you are, I'd be speechless now.

1.)
When I whisper you "I do not care if this suggestion gets applied or not", it does not mean "I agree with it".
I already wrote that several times in this post (so much about the pussy thing)

2.)
I whispered you to take some tension out of the discussion but all YOU did was being offensive. Now you take it a step further and continue to fuel the shit show of personal insults you have turned this thread into.

3.)
You keep on making connections from what I write to my guild (either here and on discord). You should, at some point, learn that one, two, several people from a guild stating their opinion does not mean that this is the opinion of a specific guild as a whole.

4.)
Your behaviour is highly toxic, repeatedly being personal and insulting, spreading misinformation to discredit people who are against your suggestion. Maybe you should learn to accept there are people with different opinions on specific topics.

5.)
Did the few people acriticizing your arguments hurt your obviously small ego so much that you have to spread lies and personal offenses (which only exist from your side) in this forum?

You really do make me smile. Your newfound confidence is refreshing, Chainsaw. Synced has given you some balls you didn't have before!

Alternative way of "taking some heat out of the discussion", Chainsaw. You're welcome to try and trigger me in whispers again, it was kinda funny, but I'm done replying to you in here; it's a waste of time. Go focus getting voidzones on 4 Horsemen easier to avoid.

Last edited:
Well, after all these insults here we should talk about the merits again a little, without just screaming at each other who is more stupid ;)

When Meckie brought this up first in the guild discord i was also against it, and in a way i am still against it. It was always known to be a one time event, people should farm it hard and it is long enough to do it ( and i have enough stones stashed away and will be fine either way. ). The one point that is swaying me a little is the amount of people leveling here again after the last wave of other servers fucking up and people looking to play somewhere. When you randomly /who Westfall and get 50+ always, /who 42-44 at random times and get 40+ people, there is a lot of people leveling now, that once 60 and not discouraged by the already retarded GDKP change ( not the topic here, so don't start on it), they want to play and raid, and will always be a lower level citizen, same as people starting after the X7 event and other things. But this could be "fixed" and improved.

When talking about making a way to reintroduce these drops, one needs to think how to do it best and fairest. It should not be easier or quicker to get them now then before. Otherwise you fuck people that invested the time when the event was going on and who were aware, which is really bad as well. And since they are so good, it is fine to take some effort in getting them.

So, making them drop of trash is just stupid, way to easy and will piss people off rightfully. Same as making them drop of KT, you are gating them behind the thing they should help you ease in into. I think there are only 2 ways viable that would be managable, not upset the people who invested lots of time before Naxxramas and be not that much work for the dev's either.

1. Reintroduce the event in short time burst in a "fixed" way. Make KT invade the points one week per month as a retaliation for him failing inside Naxxramas or something. Important thing is to make the mobs not give Reputation again, not drop Runecloth,Scourgestones and not yield XP.
Just a stripped down version of the invasion to make it not exploitable. Also, increase the amount of runes needed per reward by 50%. So 12 Runes per Oil/Stone as a "being late or lazy tax". This also helps newer people to ease into Naxxramas by getting the blue undeadslaying set, that was not used much by the fully AQ40 geared people, but fits perfectly as a catch up gear it was intended for the leveling folks.

2. Create daily quests for random 5 man dungeon endbosses, that reward 2 stones / oils per turn in. This promotes running 5 mans again helping out fresh people and promoting playing the game to get things again. Quest should not reward anything else, no xp,rep,gold or anything else.

Really don't understand why is so many people mad about this suggestion. There's literally no downside except for it not being Blizzlike, but that argument holds no water on Kronos.

- It could boost BGs activity (and 5man dungeons if you add it there too)
- Some ppl who would lose interest in the game and quit due to not being able to produce the same amount of dps as before, wouldn't do that
- If you already stockpiled enough runes to last for 2 years, this doesn't affect you at all
- If you don't care about this and don't wanna farm, it wouldn't affect you in any way while AFKing in IF or farming in world since they would drop only in instanced locations (battlegrounds and dungeons)

Literally the only reason I can think of for someone to be against this suggestion is that those people farmed waaay more then anyone else during the event, and now they`re waiting for others to run out so they can dominate raid meters more easily, which is hardcore loser mentality imo.

No custom changes, you guys were able to AOE farm these things super easily and get a ridiculous stockpile if you actually used your brain and thought ahead.

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Chainsaw. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

Kronos Moderation Bot Activated
>Does this matter for K3?
Eh K3 won’t release Naxx for about a year so this doesn’t need to be looked into. Let K1 players yell at each other for a bit until they forget that we probably won’t even address this
>Proceed to ignore topic

Kronos already has a plethora of custom changes, or did you guys forget about capped respec costs or gee idk, the entire boss DMG and HP aspect of Naxx? It seems pretty silly to get all butt-hurt and salty over the potential to allow renewed access to a consumeable with pretty limited application possibilities. Not everyone has a balling mage alt to AOE farm stones endlessly, nor do a lot of us have the time with things like jobs and mouths to feed to no life farm like many of the people talking against this proposal had

I did not have the Chance to level multiple level 60s of each class and faction during x7 and I did not have the Chance to buy black lotuses for <25g each because I did not play during these times. Now please re-introduce x7 and old BL spawns, because if you don't, many people will leave the server and I will feel treated very unfair.

^ Basically this "argumentation scheme" could be used for any change you want to achieve. This has really nothing to do with being salty.

chainsaw you are such a cherry-picking cuck it makes me want to vomit. I said nothing about leaving the server but it is an optimal idea in the sense to try to keep people interested in maintaining k1 until the bullshit of k3 begins. If it's going to get people into a bg or simply away from afking in IF it sounds like a positive. Nor does anybody suggest re-implementing 7x or black lotus but I should thank you for reinforcing my point that custom changes on Kronos are already in abundance. And it is salty when you make an additional thread solely to mock the suggestion that has received traction from the community. And once again nor do you and your bullshit arguments against address the fact there is a sizable population leveling now who had no opportunity to take part in the invasion. But now that you play with the big boys you don't care so much about the average player, a far cry from when you were whining about people wanting an increase in naxx difficulty

Sigh.. Why does this always have to get personal?

Just as a reminder, I was always against increased naxx difficulty, because at some point imho it will drain too many guilds (and I was already amongst "the big bois" when I suggested it). But that is another story.

Further, could you please explain what, except for the different "rewards", the difference between reintroducing this event for people who missed it and reintroducing e.g. x7 for people who missed it is?

And the thread was not salty, it was satire.
But anyways, I do not except much outcome from this thread if people like you only stick to insults and Bronx level language instead of quality arguments. Thanks to all (e.g. guys like Brezel) who try to keep this discussion on a civilized level.

Best regards, writing from a fancy restaurant, hanging out with super handsome guys,

Chainsaw

Top Bottom