• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG queue commands

I think on level 60 there will be more people playing battlegrounds than on low lvl bg's. I think it would be good for lvl 60 to have bg command too, only if the population is to small. maybe enabling bg commands for 60 too and disable the commands for lvl 60 when BG's are up 24/7. But i guess things that are getting temporarly implemented, should be aware to the players that it will be removed. not that a riot comes up or so.

My opinion.

I find it highly unlikely that any private server will ever reach the blizz-like population that would be required for several BGs to be active 24/7, but yes I agree, I definitely think it should be implemented and if it's at some point no longer needed removed, I just can't imagine a time where it wouldn't be needed...

Well, if it never reaches 24/7 BGs up, and the bg command is available, then we will never see people staying at battlemasters or red portals to queue for bgs.

I mean bg commands should be only available to get some bgs up because of low population.
like better than nothing.

Faster queues = more bg
More bg = more people in front of bg master (when bg end)
More people in city = less peolple in open world
Less people in open world = less farm

I'm looking for a full vanilla experiences, not for a partial one.

This is one of those QoL changes that just makes too much sense. I see no negatives to having a queue command. I don't consider "it's not blizzlike" to be a valid concern. 10g max on respecs is not blizzlike, but it's a QoL improvement, because any sane person will see 50g is an astronomical amount of money in Vanilla.

50g makes sense to seperate from pure PvP to part time PvPer.
A BG command would render any BG master purposeless.

Faster queues = more bg
More bg = more people in front of bg master (when bg end)
More people in city = less peolple in open world
Less people in open world = less farm

I'm looking for a full vanilla experiences, not for a partial one.

You won't get a full vanilla experience unless Blizz decides to release legacy servers, part of that full vanilla experience is several thousands of players playing in peak times and while I'm hoping Kronos will succeed beyond expectations in the realm of private servers, it is still a private server, it will never have the amount of players that even low pop retail servers did back in 2006.

Part of the vanilla experience is BGs, from level 10 to level 60 and without a system to emulate the high population that retail vanilla servers had, BGs will not be part of the authentic vanilla experience that I think we all crave here.

1. Not everything that blizzard implemented in Expansions is BAD thing. And in truth, they implement it because community wants it.

2. In my opinion, only the script, that will return you to where you once were instead of battle master will be enough to increase interrest in BGs. Because, you will allways found someone in IF willing to join you to BG, so it's not necessary to implement BG join commands.

What do you usually do when you wait for a BG to pop?
You run outside and duel people. Its not like you are forced to wait afk in the city for the BG to pop.

It has ups and downs. You can sign for BGs and still go garming while in Q, I see no problem there.
I think a command is a really good idea for low level BGs. So for characters from level 1-59.
At 60 though I think its not a good idea.

What do you usually do when you wait for a BG to pop?
You run outside and duel people. Its not like you are forced to wait afk in the city for the BG to pop.

True. And if you are 60 you can also set your heartstone to Ratchet (If Ally) or Stonard / Grom'gol (If Horde) and run to the gates of Orgrimmar and Stormwind with a couple of buddies for some WPvP. After the BG you're back at the PvP room anyways. :tongue:

I think that's enough with the hearthstone and the unstuck utility, just place it near where you are.
With that and the fix implemented who save your queue if you relog, what else do you need?

P.D: please, excuse my grammar. Ty :wink:.

Care to explain why it's not a good idea at level 60?

Frankly the only downside I can see is the slight change to the server economy, which is why I proposed a tax on using BG commands.

If you really want to sign up from a remote area then just whisper someone in a major city to sign you in.

Aren't you looking for blizzlike?
not really im looking for play 1.12 ,but to have fun while doing it, a lot of 1.12 thing are just bad, having the ability for queu up from world will be very nice for level ,expecially with the deliver mark quest

If you really want to sign up from a remote area then just whisper someone in a major city to sign you in.

It's not so much me feeling a need to sign myself up from a remote distance, it's me wanting blizz-like battlegrounds, if there's any kind of hassle involved in signing up for BGs, most casuals and pve-centric players simply won't sign up for anything but AV because they don't do enough BGs to ever reach a honor rank that grants them a substantial reward anyhow.

But for blizz-like battlegrounds we need to engage the PvE and casual crowd, we need diversity, not just the 30 odd people going hardcore for r14, that is the reason why I want BG commands.

The question is a simple one, what is more important for the blizz-like experience? Blizz-like battlegrounds or blizz-like afkers sitting around the battlemasters?

time will tell ,maybe kronos 4 will fix all problem of kronos 3 ) , when all thing is scripted just few tuning for make server perfect

I don't understand the objection to this except for blizzlike puritanism.

This statement applies to anything in the game.
Why not changed drop rates? It would encourage players for farm in the open world and support world PvP. Only reason not to is blizzlike puritanism...

You act like you will never see BGs open if you can't use BG commands.
Are you from Rebirth or why are you desperately trying to have BG commands?
They used it as a crutch cause of low populations. I don't see any necessity for it at all.

Blizzard introduced battlemasters because it was retarded to travel to a remote portal at the end of the world to join a BG. Why did they not just give the players a join function from afar? Cause it was intended that you have to go to a major city at least.

You act like you will never see BGs open if you can't use BG commands.
Are you from Rebirth or why are you desperately trying to have BG commands?
They used it as a crutch cause of low populations. I don't see any necessity for it at all.

Blizzard introduced battlemasters because it was retarded to travel to a remote portal at the end of the world to join a BG. Why did they not just give the players a join function from afar? Cause it was intended that you have to go to a major city at least.

It's not that BGs won't open, it's as I stated before, to have blizz-like BGs we need to engage casual and PvE centric players in them and if it takes 1 hour+ out of your grinding time each time you do a WSG you won't be able to engage them.

I'm not afraid of not seeing BGs, I'm just afraid of A) WSG and AV will be the only BGs played and B) seeing the same 20 players in every single WSG everyday.

Now if you're against BG commands, how do you propose we make BGs attractive for people that aren't farming honor for the high ranks?

Someone who is interested in BGs, for whatever reason, will join them no matter how.
If you honestly believe that BG commands will encourage PvE players to participate in PvP then I think you need to wake up.

The commands will neither increase the number of players who are interested in PvP nor will it increase the participation of already interested players. All it does is give PvPers the opportunity to join from where ever they are. Which they already have anyway through group signup...

It makes farming more attractive for PvPers. Thats all it does. And I definetly do not support it.
Either you take the risk that a BG pops during farming or that you have to hearth back to sign up for a BG or you just don't PvP and concentrate on farming.

Someone who is interested in BGs, for whatever reason, will join them no matter how.
If you honestly believe that BG commands will encourage PvE players to participate in PvP then I think you need to wake up.

The commands will neither increase the number of players who are interested in PvP nor will it increase the participation of already interested players. All it does is give PvPers the opportunity to join from where ever they are. Which they already have anyway through group signup...

Frankly I think it's the other way around, the population will never be a clean cut between those who love PvP and will jump at it at every chance and those who detest it and won't touch it nomatter what, as you seem to suggest.

The majority of the playerbase will be people who enjoy occassional PvP, but won't make a huge time investment in it, the BG command is meant to target those players, they will not go out of their way to join BGs, but if it's easy and straightforward to jump into the action, they will.

If you don't think that BG commands will mean more people signing up for BGs, then it is you who needs to wake up, there's a reason why low-pop servers use BG commands to populate the battlegrounds, and nomatter how big the population of a server is, BG commands will ALWAYS mean more people in the BGs.

It makes farming more attractive for PvPers. Thats all it does. And I definetly do not support it.
Either you take the risk that a BG pops during farming or that you have to hearth back to sign up for a BG or you just don't PvP and concentrate on farming.

This is the downside of the BG commands, while it makes honor farming more attractive I'd say it's an acceptable downside to stomach for a healthy and blizz-like PvP environment.

Top Bottom