• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG queue commands

I can only agree, that with BG commands, or just return to where i was before i joined, i will go for BGs more often. Like described above, for many players, one BG is not worth the travel distance they have to take after it ends.

I can only agree, that with BG commands, or just return to where i was before i joined, i will go for BGs more often. Like described above, for many players, one BG is not worth the travel distance they have to take after it ends.

So it won't be enought for you to join into BGs from far away, but you also want to be ported back to where you previously joined in?
I'd suggest to bring back the bugged meeting stones. It encourages 5 man dungeon.
-.-

^ and i'm just waiting for the post that says "enable warlock summonings into dungeons" so ppl can repair and get insta ports back into the dungeon :D

I got better idea - delete BGs and make it relevant for people to do World PvP.

One of the reasons why I like Pre-TBC is that it's more MMORPG than other expansions. If you don't want to play an MMORPG, then go play WoD. Queuing for BGs from world has no RP context AT ALL so this idea is dumb.

.BG commands would be the closest simulation of opening a new Blizzard server.

I was there when the first wave of new servers post-honor-patch opened in Retail. People rushed to BG brackets and farmed WSG/AB for rep and honor between leveling. Many people were exalted with WSG by 29 and we had Rank 8-10s by 49. People who ignored PVP and rushed to 60 instead were left cold. They had to wait for the masses to reach 60 a month or so later and then they were 10 ranks behind (minimum 4 weeks of PVP, regardless your position). First rank 14 reached it 3 months from server opening, not 3 months from the first level 60 BG happening.

This however could only happen on retail on Blizzard servers. There were several thousand active players on every new server when the first waves launched. People stopped to farm low level brackets, because it was certain that there was never any Queue. Not one second of waiting. No need to optimize your downtime and try farming while waiting for the Queue. You were playing the game and not waiting for it. You went to the BG entrance and PVP'd a couple of days and then went back to leveling. This will never happen on a private server and my two cents is that .BG commands while leveling would bring us a little closer to this. While it sounds really unfair that people would be Exalted with 2 BGs and have the full PVP set by the time they hit 60, it is factually a "Blizzlike" result in this patch. On the side there already is a large debate about the Exp Rates and this would skew more people towards 1x for the others who want to keep it "Blizzlike".

One of the reasons why I like Pre-TBC is that it's more MMORPG than other expansions. If you don't want to play an MMORPG, then go play WoD. Queuing for BGs from world has no RP context AT ALL so this idea is dumb.

Being magically teleported from wherever you are after talking to a guy in the city, to the battleground, doesn't have much RP context either. nor does a name like Stoney, etc.

This is not an RP immersion server.

It's not and that's why at the beggining you had no BGs at all. It's still RPG so you focus on RP or don't play it at all cause it's dumb. Playing RPG with no immersion really makes no sense to me. RPing doesn't necessary mean that you have to talk in funny accent and act like you're Warcraft character. You DON'T HAVE TO do that in order to be immersed into a game. Ruining immersion in an MMORPG for a selfish/retarded reason is just stupid, period.

Last edited:

It's not and that's why at the beggining you had no BGs at all. It's still RPG so you focus on RP or don't play it at all cause it's dumb. Playing RPG with no immersion really makes no sense to me. RPing doesn't necessary mean that you have to talk in funny accent and act like you're Warcraft character. You DON'T HAVE TO do that in order to be immersed into a game. Ruining immersion in an MMORPG for a selfish/retarded reason is just stupid, period.

haha really? you understand that queuing in a city is also immersion breaking. think about it, real immersion would not be queuing at all but traveling to the bg itself, i think you are taking things too far you need to put things in perspective. honestly im not against queing in the city but your reasons against it seem very trivial. i played on rebirth and all instant que did was encourage pvp, especially at low levels bgs were always happening it was only because you could que anywhere. whats more important to you, active pvp or breaking the immersion of walking to the city so you can que at an npc

EDIT: im all for keeping lvl 60 bg city queing because of dueling. i think lower levels would really benefit from que anywhere bgs though, it would give them a break from leveling, maybe even stop some people quitting since leveling can be such a chore sometimes

Last edited:
So it should be implemented because it's more comfortable and easier for people? That's rather selfish, easy going reason. The fact Battlemasters hurt immersion already isn't good enough excuse to hurt it even more. If I wanted things like queuing for BGs anywhere I would simply go play on a WotLK server so let's stick to what Pre-TBC was.

Last edited:
I definitely agree that making battlegrounds more accessible would be a great idea as I was on Feenix for a while but found the glitchy/buggy/exploitative nature of it tiresome. The main problem with pvp for me was the lack of variety as you could not use a multi queue function, which I believe would be a genuine improvement. Also being able to queue from anywhere just means more people can queue therefore more people to join bgs (might even be able to play AB and AV on weekdays) The only negative thing is people being able to multi queue, joining say for example: wsg and deciding the other side looks stronger so they quit out to an AB or something but I am sure their place in the battleground could be filled quickly or perhaps joining a bg would wipe all of your other queues.

That thing rebirth had , you will say its not blizzlike , bad idea ... i used to think same , but after some low lvl bgs in rebirth i loved that thing , type .bg wsg join , after BG you will find yourself in same place you queued , even with low population low level bgs was happening and that was amazing :) actually its even usefull to 60 lvl guy that wants to farm :) Agree that this is not going to make vanilla bad , some additional functions to 8 years old game is good :)

I dont like it

*Reduced world pvp competition, peoples desire to kill each other would be reduced, since youre no longer forced to battle it out for every single honor(if you want standings), when theres always honor available whenever you want, by typing 3 words.

*You get a free "get out of any unpleasant gank or a situation you dont want to deal with" card.

*X is waiting on a quest mob respawn, when suddenly 3 enemies appear next to him.
Just in general, people appearing randomly mostly in areas containing quest objectives, leading to unpleasant, wtf situations

Last edited:
i am not for or against this suggestion since it brings no negative but rather opens an option.

as SeeQ so finely said, it would reduce the bloodlust, although if you really are aiming for the top or just as bloodthirsty as me then you wouldn't even consider letting a gnome escape even if you already are drenched in blood from hours of fighting.

they could also make it so you can only accept while out of combat, you can be summoned or hearthstone out of a fight but keeping the same rules as blizzard did for que would be a basic so you cannot escape a fight that easily with it.

well bg's dont give xp so there are extremely few who do it during leveling and even later, so i guess while speaking about it i have changed my opinion from neutral to positive about it :blink:.

blizzard added it to allow more pvp activity for those who want without having to wait and get bored in a capital quing for others, the command can be seen as the same as asking a random person in a capital to que you although you wouldnt have to bother someone or hope to find a kind person and even able to que yourself while in a group.

note: if added then it should remove you from que while you are in a raid or dungeon :wink:

tip: random ppl appearing occurs whenever someone teleports or log's in or when they exit invisibility or stealth so ppl appearing after a battleground wouldnt be so odd, also ppl try to accept join while far away from npc spawns to be sure no unpleasant surprises when coming back :)

Last edited:
While making these commands available directly counteracts the idea of "Blizzlike" I think that it would be a great addition, as long as it comes a long with not teleporting you back to a major city.

I spent most of my time PvP'ing in Vanilla. Did it whenever I wasn't raiding. And since my guild would raid about 3-4 times a week, I had a lot of time left over. The q's were the absolutely worst part. If you were lucky it would pop up immediately. If you weren't lucky you could end up having to wait for an hour two. Most of the time the uncertainty was so taxing that after a while you stopped trying to fly out and farm, as the Queue would pop right about when you found your first flower/ore. Essentially you spent the waiting time doing nothing.

If however, one could Queue from anywhere, join from anywhere (Well not REALLY anywhere. Raids and instances might have to be a nono) and once the BG is done, get teleported back out to where you were before you got ported in, I think we might see a big rise in PvP activity. Which is a good thing in my book. A great thing actually.

Is it Blizzlike? Not at all.
Is it likely to be good for the server? Indeed.

I vote yay.

Nim

Is it blizzlike ? = No since it wasnt in 1.12.1, Yes since they later added an option to que from anywhere
Healthy for the server ? = Long term answer is Yes since it helps increase the number of battlegrounds hosted, you can see on servers such as ED that they do occur with a high population but rarely and you have to wait and plan it with both factions sometimes, and during the leveling process BG pvp is basically dead without the option so it helps bringing a change without forcing you to move to or from capital whenever you want to pvp.

note: maybe instead of a command add it to innkeeper's like the dungeon old unused dungeon que ? once you exit a bg you return to the innkeeper you qued BG at for example :wink:.

Uh, that's a nice idea for a compromise CrowLock!

It does mean that queuing BGs will take the edge off your farming effeciency without neutering it completely and from an immersion standpoint it's not any worse than the Battlemasters we already have.

Edit: It also prevents some of the oddities that BG queue commands often have; Queue before taking a flight -> BG pops while on Gryphon -> Better hope you brought your light feathers!

a command could be used and then stealth/invisible or out of range escape, but using all the innkeeper's which can be found everywhere as battle-master's would prevent that and also increase the likely-hood of new players using the innkeeper's dungeon que for the stones which was rather ineffective back then but still a decent way to casually finding a group outside of chat's.

after the bg is done you return to the innkeeper who qued you similar to a battle-master.

conclusion: prevents oddities from command, makes use of existing feature and makes old features more likely to be used as well as increasing BG activity so it solves multiple things in a blizzlike manner.

Joining at inkeepers might be good, but commands make no sense, unless the server has low population. I do believe low level pvp is a lot more interesting in world zones.

In my mind, theres 2 types of players:
1- focus on pvp
2- focus on level

Logic tells me, the first one should be in a big disadvantage in terms of levels compared to 2 - Blizzlike. My problems is, that through commands, they could keep up with the people who focus on levels first, since theres no travel downtime, whatever.

Anyway, as much as I like pvp and tryhard for good standings, I hope they will keep it blizzlike. There should be a clear distinction between the players that focus on different aspects.
But it also depends on the population, if it reaches 1k+ though, I dont see the need for any custom changes. If it never reaches 1k then the inkeepers idea might help

Em, those two groups are minor groups. The major group of players are those, who level up but will go one or two BGs per day gladly, if it doesn't port them to the capital city.

But it also depends on the population, if it reaches 1k+ though, I dont see the need for any custom changes. If it never reaches 1k then the inkeepers idea might help

I'd personally say if it reaches 4k+ there's no need for any of this.

Anyhow I really think the Innkeepers as battlemasters is a very elegant solution.

Someone who is interested in BGs, for whatever reason, will join them no matter how.
If you honestly believe that BG commands will encourage PvE players to participate in PvP then I think you need to wake up.

The commands will neither increase the number of players who are interested in PvP nor will it increase the participation of already interested players. All it does is give PvPers the opportunity to join from where ever they are. Which they already have anyway through group signup...

It makes farming more attractive for PvPers. Thats all it does. And I definetly do not support it.
Either you take the risk that a BG pops during farming or that you have to hearth back to sign up for a BG or you just don't PvP and concentrate on farming.

I've just joined the forums so I'm catching up with all the debates so forgive me if this has been addressed in future pages but the top paragraph of your post Lharts is the complete opposite of me. I will not go out of my way to join a BG. If the option to join a BG was there whilst I was levelling, or at 60 farming rep or whatever I would take it. I like PvP but I'm not going to be PvP focussed, I would like the option to do it whilst I do the PVE content. Yes I could ask someone to queue me, but then to return to the battle masters would really turn me off the idea. I don't think the economy would be too hindered, surely the benefit to low population outweighs the possibly negligible economy change.

Top Bottom