• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG queue commands

I've just joined the forums so I'm catching up with all the debates so forgive me if this has been addressed in future pages but the top paragraph of your post Lharts is the complete opposite of me. I will not go out of my way to join a BG. If the option to join a BG was there whilst I was levelling, or at 60 farming rep or whatever I would take it. I like PvP but I'm not going to be PvP focussed, I would like the option to do it whilst I do the PVE content. Yes I could ask someone to queue me, but then to return to the battle masters would really turn me off the idea. I don't think the economy would be too hindered, surely the benefit to low population outweighs the possibly negligible economy change.

Even if you queue with a command. You will still be at the battleground masters after the BG is over, so this is an un-needed blizzlike braker.

i have opened a poll related to this thread which also link's here to vote for the following:

Default: player's can only Que from original battlemaster's in the Capital

Innkeepter + Capital: you can que in the capital or from any Innkeeper, the option will be just below the old dungeon que function and after the battle end's you will return to the innkeeper you qued from.

Command + Capital: you can que from anywhere in the world with a simple command or within the Capital, downside is that players can use this as escape with stealth/invisibility and escape into the battleground

the poll is here

the only minor negative on command is that you can use it to escape a fight, even if you add "require out-of-combat" you can vanish or use invisibility potion and then then use it to escape.

for that reason i like it better with innkeeper's

what about he major negatives of Bg commands ? PVPers everywhere. The pve guys cant do a sh*t without being hunted.
Ofc, there allways was people doing world pvp, but with Battlemasters in city. With BG commands these this will raise to abnormal amount of them. So if this server will be released as PVP realm, then BG commands are really bad idea.

they would still run around the world if the que was long which is the case if you can only que from capital and people will que others via group invite.

a command might be a bit drastic and hard to balance but limiting it to innkeepers would increase the amount of bg's which would reduce those who intentionally hunt level zones a few levels below them for honor so instead they play normally untill it pops and then pvp since it increases the frequency of battlegrounds which reduces the bloodlust of many, but few will hunt in world pvp regardless of what happens such as me.

thats you,.. always something even if its natural or just following from the post. :cool2: Ofc few tryhard pvpers will do it. log in que - run to flypath - fly to location - find someone to kill. ( we will not talk about alt+tab or windowed mode when you staying in city by the BGmaster,or lvling an alt. so you can avoid this option on your next post.)

If the que will be lets say 10 minutes or longer (which you can expect during night etc..), then way to high level zones like silithus, ep,winterspring,blasted lands will be just in this time. Depends of faction and city where you joined from. It will make the world pvp bearable.

Inkeepers will be the same problem.. Joining from silithus or wintersping makes almost no difference from command, when you can be on all farming spots or quest locations in one minute and keep reskiling again. Thats just ridiculous option.

Cause of you, i must mention aswell a situation ,when the pve peoples fighting each other in open world. So nobody can avoid it. Thats for sure.

Well I started this thread mostly to point out the potencial lack of pvp for low lvls especially during lvling not for lvl 60. And I still think that commands for them would be nice to have these BG's up, otherwise low lvl BGs would be dead (everyone rush for 60, BG masters are quite far for you without man and many other things). So still I would like to see some statement from the staff if they may start to think about this feature :cool2:

I'd be okay with classic queuing from a city battlemaster, with your character returning back to the city, and a different script allowing queues from Innkeepers, with your return from the BG putting you back at your Bindpoint.

If the problem is one of fewer BG's launching at sub level 60 range, this solution only marginally breaks classic mechanics with a bigger gain in PvP from the trade. The thing to keep in mind is that players would have to remember to bind at the Innkeeper in the zone that they are questing in so the least amount of time is lost between BG's for exp and farming.

what about he major negatives of Bg commands ? PVPers everywhere...
I second this concern! Don't care if joining bgs will be blizzlike or not, but I like anything that discourages unorganized world pvp.

This is not going to be a thing is it?
Yes, respec costs will be capped at 10g. It's the only confirmed non-blizzlike thing we'll have here and please don't start complaining about how it will affect your enjoyment of the game.

I would love it, if they added the ability to join BG's from Innkeepers.Better than a chat-command imo. which can be used to escape certain situations, both PvE and PvP.

I do think BG's @ Inn's would be a slice in the middle between normal battlemasters and que anywhere.

That is why I suggested it since it is clearwe need some way to Que aside from battlemasters in capital in order to keep Que time down and for it to be used in between leveling, but with a command it feels less blizzlike and can be abused and innkeepers already have dungeon Que and info so making them battlemasters and giving them some lore similar to dungeons but for battlegrounds would make it feel more blizzlike and allow better queuing and thus overall more bbattlegrounds.

Not to mention the innkeeper dungeon stone Que would be noticed and used more.

It is a decent compromise if I may say so :)

Still no dev opinion on this... I'm curious

I see a lot of divided opinions on this matter. Personally I am 100% sure lowlvl BG will be dead if the system isn't altered. The main concern of people is leveling, they don't bother traveling all the way to a main city without a mount to queue up for something that won't happen anyway unless 19 other people do the effort also. It even rarely popped on retail, while having much higher populations. And the patch i leveled in if wsg popped you ended up in ashenvale after the game. This gave interesting pvp fights between the different red portals. And also most people queued again since their hearthstone was often on cooldown.

I don't feel the argument of people saying it will be used to flee fights. Since no matter where or when you queue, you can't predict when it's gonna pop...

I dont understand the argument of economy even, you aren't earning gold when you are in a BG...

So i would love to see this command, or at innkeepers, doesn't matter much. At least from lvl 10-59

I don't feel the argument of people saying it will be used to flee fights. Since no matter where or when you queue, you can't predict when it's gonna pop...

I dont understand the argument of economy even, you aren't earning gold when you are in a BG...

So i would love to see this command, or at innkeepers, doesn't matter much. At least from lvl 10-59

.bg commands allow stealthers to que from safe spots within enemy capitals, rushing to bank/AH to kill a pvp flagged enemy and port back to complete safety. so it CAN be abused, not in a defensive way but in an aggressive one.
tbh i dont think it would have that big an impact in economy.
this is not a blizzlike system obviously, but its a good change that can improve the pvp at lower levels. i'm fine with whatever decision the staff members make.

personally i will que to BGs each time i go to a major city for skill training(starting at 14). logging out does not remove the que if i remember correctly so if other people do the same, BGs can happen. Inkeeper or command queing system just make it happen more often.

Last edited:
+BG queues from outside maincitys... for the obvious reason: having atleast the chance to get BG PvP going while leveling / gearing up / farming at release. Wont hurt any vanilla feelings/expirience at all. Actually i like the idea with the inkeeper queue!

Top Bottom