• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG queue commands

+BG queues from outside maincitys... for the obvious reason: having atleast the chance to get BG PvP going while leveling / gearing up / farming at release. Wont hurt any vanilla feelings/expirience at all. Actually i like the idea with the inkeeper queue!

At least for me, it actually hurts the vanilla veelings/experience, because the ability to be doing a quest at any map and just suddenly go to a BG was introduced in WotLK, before that you had to go to the battlemaster. That means you had to decide whether you are focusing on leveling, or you are focusing on PvP using your time. So, I don't support the idea.

Who would ever focus on pvp when he is not lvl 60? The focus is always leveling. If you don't have crossrealm BG or a retail-like population there will be no lowlvl bgs or seldom.

I agree with Jorim.

I'm all for it to be implemented for levels 10-59. Otherwise Battlegrounds for leveling brackets will be 100% dead. There are no rewards for low level PvP anyway. Battlegrounds give no notable experience in vanilla WoW (That's why twinking was popular, you could literally pvp for months before gaining a level. Honor gain is close to non-existent aswell and it would take you half a year to raise the reputation level of a battleground faction to a usable level.)

Nobody would focus PvP anyway because the honor gain isn't high enough to make you competetive as far as rankings go (even the hardcore twinks and low level pvpers never got past rank 5-6 at lvl ~40 even though they tried pvping 12+ hours a day for months mainly because they tried achieving rank 11 for the 100% speed mount at level 40. You know, to sit in IF/Org and feed their ego with the incoming "Zomg!" whispers.)

Adding this option to innkeepers makes it more exploitable than just adding the odd random command, because it could function as a second hearth stone if desired (and even then honestly who would use it? It would take hours before the queue popped so you would most likely be in middle of something and not be ready to port to the inn anyway when it popped at the random time.) And so could it be abused in the same manner if you were to spawn at a battlemaster after the battleground ended. Best way to implement it is to have you spawn back at the exact same location where you clicked to enter the match when it popped. And it wouldn't really be exploited to run from fights or anything like that, because realisticly speaking, even with such a command in place the queues would still probably take hours at least before you got a game going (furthermore it could easily be scripted so you couldn't enter the BG whils't you were in combat. Would be a simple line of code.) So you never know when it would pop. It would certainly make the leveling process a bit more fun and less dull to get a BG going once or twice a day.

But it would alter the game at level 60. So I'd just keep it for the level 10-59 brackets. Who knows, it might even end up luring in more players if the positive word got around and it would certainly make the game feel more alive and active during the leveling process.

.bg commands allow stealthers to que from safe spots within enemy capitals, rushing to bank/AH to kill a pvp flagged enemy and port back to complete safety. so it CAN be abused, not in a defensive way but in an aggressive one.
tbh i dont think it would have that big an impact in economy.
this is not a blizzlike system obviously, but its a good change that can improve the pvp at lower levels. i'm fine with whatever decision the staff members make.

personally i will que to BGs each time i go to a major city for skill training(starting at 14). logging out does not remove the que if i remember correctly so if other people do the same, BGs can happen. Inkeeper or command queing system just make it happen more often.

This didn't start to happen when they changed it on the official servers, why would it start happening here? And it wouldn't really make a difference, because a level 10-59 player isn't really a threat and can hardly cause any problems in a major city. Would probably even end up getting pwnt before an auctioneer drops below 50% health. 1-2 guards could probably completely annihilate these individuals as guards are actually pretty buffed when it comes to dealing damage (A level 55 guard hitting my T3 rogue for 400-500 damage every 2-3 sec compared to a regular mob hitting me for ~200 etc. A level 55-59 player depending on his/her class usually doesn't have more than 1,8-3k hp, which is a joke) Can't really kill lowbies aswell, because mostly they aren't flagged and even if they would happen to be, then a single passing level 60 in crappy gear would probably be enough to take down a crappy geared leveling player or a single nearby guard would get the griefer with 5-6 hits or force a vanish before they accomplish anything. I doubt this could be used for exploiting in the manner you pointed out.

Last edited:
Adding this option to innkeepers makes it more exploitable than just adding the odd random command, because it could function as a second hearth stone if desired (and even then honestly who would use it? It would take hours before the queue popped so you would most likely be in middle of something and not be ready to port to the inn anyway when it popped at the random time.) And so could it be abused in the same manner if you were to spawn at a battlemaster after the battleground ended. Best way to implement it is to have you spawn back at the exact same location where you clicked to enter the match when it popped. And it wouldn't really be exploited to run from fights or anything like that, because realisticly speaking, even with such a command in place the queues would still probably take hours at least before you got a game going (furthermore it could easily be scripted so you couldn't enter the BG whils't you were in combat. Would be a simple line of code.) So you never know when it would pop. It would certainly make the leveling process a bit more fun and less dull to get a BG going once or twice a day.

I couldn't agree more, although while reading your comment another option just occurred to me. They could allow for queuing at innkeepers and still have the game place players back to where they were when they clicked to enter the battleground after it popped.

But they should still make the real battlemasters keep the original function they had where it ports the player back to the battlemaster. This would give the battlemasters the same advantages they always had, like a free port to a major city and the ability to sign back up the moment a BG ends.

If they did it this way then I wouldn't even mind the devs giving level 60 players the ability to queue at innkeepers if they felt like it, because at level 60 it's much more likely that a BG will pop moments after the last one ended, so players would prefer to be standing next to a battlemaster when it ends. This way there would still be no reason for battlemasters to be deserted, and also the devs wouldn't be taking rights away from people the moment they hit 60, rights they've had and gotten used to the whole time they were leveling.

Last edited:
So any statement from staff?:whistling: Would be nice to hear that cause it is almost 2 months while we are trying to suggest this feature for lvls 10-59 (and this inkeeper queing looks nice but still you cant exploit commands as the inkeepers -> second hearthstone,etc...)
Well just give us some statement:likeps:

I dont know how it works in Retail, didnt renew my sub since TBC. So i dont know why its abusable in private servers but not on retail. But it really can be abused if a command system is allowed to lvl 60s.

Inkeeper queing would be the best option, 1-59 if people insisted on it.

dayum nagga rogues jelly of mah Felstriker liked to ambush me in OG all teh tiem wheneva BG popped.

I dont know how it works in Retail, didnt renew my sub since TBC. So i dont know why its abusable in private servers but not on retail. But it really can be abused if a command system is allowed to lvl 60s.

Inkeeper queing would be the best option, 1-59 if people insisted on it.

dayum nagga rogues jelly of mah Felstriker liked to ambush me in OG all teh tiem wheneva BG popped.

if you are non-melee class and have felstriker over someone in your raid/group that could have looted it, you best believe you are a faggot motherfucker. :tongue:

if you are non-melee class and have felstriker over someone in your raid/group that could have looted it, you best believe you are a faggot motherfucker. :tongue:
Same as rogue ninja looting dagger from princess in maraudon...Coz its dagger right?

wtb staff opinion.

Are there any form of bg queues on the tbc realm?
Since wotlk you can queue anywhere right?

As long as post bg you get ported to where you clicked "enter battle" from, I don't have any issue with it.

Could be beneficial in attracting players at start if they see warsongs popping one week into server life consistently.

Actually with the sheer density of players queuing in the early weeks this would cause, an innkeeper only function would be nice to prevent abuse

Last edited:
wtb staff opinion.

Are there any form of bg queues on the tbc realm?
Since wotlk you can queue anywhere right?
Yes, we do have BG queue commands. But we do not aim to be 100% blizzlike - our only goal is to keep raids/dungeons and PvP 100% blizzlike. We have some other "comfort" custom stuff like 30min HS cooldown and graveyards near dungeon entrances, crossfaction chat and groups/raids (not guilds and BGs tho), joined Auction Houses etc.

He speaks about TBC.. When server nearly died out, they had to find solutions and cross faction groups are, in my opinion, good solution, because it keeps PvE alive. Not to mention, that in TBC, there are not differences between classes (horde have palys and ally have shamans).

But again, that is ARES, Twinstar TBC server, so it's a bit OT.

He speaks about TBC.. When server nearly died out, they had to find solutions and cross faction groups are, in my opinion, good solution, because it keeps PvE alive. Not to mention, that in TBC, there are not differences between classes (horde have palys and ally have shamans).

But again, that is ARES, Twinstar TBC server, so it's a bit OT.

cross faction play sounds a bit interesting, just glad that there are ways to get around low pop. hopefully this won't be a problem on kronos.

Well it would be quite gamebreaking if I would imagine that situation :biggrin:

what i think is that it might be better if there is no bg queue commands.

Because of Red Portals where you can queue for BGs and they are placed where you can go while leveling. Addiationally, if the report gets fixed then you get XP for the Repeatbale Quests, turning in 3 pvp marks, which will support low level bgs too, there will be obviously people who want to farm some XP through Bgs. And no other server has this, which makes most people think that there is only 1 way to go to BGs, Capital Cities. (worked probably on the previous kronos server)

if there was bg queue commands and you got some marks in your bag and you are near a Questgiver where you can turn in the marks for XP/Honor/rep, then the feature becomes really useless since you will walk to a area which has a red portal to queue up anyway. And you might stand there for a bit longer for more XP.

Edit: This will probably cause world pvp.

Last edited:
I support the .xx commands as it is almost impossible to find low lvl bg's on freeservers.

I love twinking on each bracket but its always hard to find bg's out there.

i skipped the last six pages, but i would approve those commands. also with the function to spawn where u entered the bg (like in tanaris or smwhere).

i can image how sweet this would be! :3

peace

I'd prefer it if it was left how it initially was, though I can see why people might find it convenient and i'm not against the idea.

Add bg queueing to innkeepers, otherwise, don't add it at all. As PvP'er mostly, i'd like to see more ppl on bg, and i want to be able to queue from everywhere, but it's seems quite unfair to the PvErs, it's only pleased PvP part of community, so only way i'm agreed with, is innkeepers. It's still will take short time to queue, but will not looks so unfair.

Last edited:
too convenient. people will start crying once they hit 60 and realise they cant queue from anywhere

people will have unlimited hearthstone back home if it teleports you to main cities. I don't think this was intended. it makes it too easy to escape world pvp and makes traveling more dull/no real planning required

The best alternative is to BMs at inkeepers + queues that teleports you back to your original location imo, but I would rather not have it at all because I won't be guaranteed a blizzlike experience.

There is just no knowing whether this or the "raidtuning" will turn out well or not. Again I came for the blizzlike experience and I'm kinda scared that this will make people complain more/ beg for future nonblizzlike additions.

I wish they would give a clear message on what the server will be. I don't want to see the server get fucked 1 year into release or smth.

Top Bottom